Mac Jones has 17 new offers since committing to Kentucky

College football recruiting never stops until the ink pen hits the Letter of Intent each February. Committed players still field a ton of interest and attention, often receiving new scholarship offers, regardless of the status of their recruitment.

In the case of Mac Jones, he is committed to the University of Kentucky and has been since last summer. The four-star quarterback has had to reaffirm that commitment on more than one occasion, most recently in an interview with KSR last month, when he told Freddie Maggard, “I feel very comfortable with my commitment right now. I’m going to evaluate my offers as I have always done but I feel good about my commitment.”

But teams still keep coming and Jones picked up three new offers since Sunday. First came Texas A&M, a big-time offer from the SEC; then two offers yesterday, from Pittsburgh and Coastal Carolina. Those bring his total to 17 new offers since committing to Kentucky over Mercer and East Carolina:

West Virginia (12/17/15)
Boston College (2/3/16)
Temple (2/9/16)
Illinois (2/18/16)
Arizona State (2/21/16)
Washington State (2/22/16)
Southern Miss (2/22/16)
San Diego State (2/24/16)
Florida Atlantic (2/26/16)
Indiana (2/27/16)
Rutgers (2/29/16)
Alabama (4/10/16)
Louisville (4/25/16)
California (5/5/16)
Texas A&M (5/8/16)
Pittsburgh (5/9/16)
Coastal Carolina (5/9/16)

Can y’all back off? Jones is ours.

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Mac Jones has 17 new offers since committing to Kentucky

1. Patches
    10:56 am May 10, 2016 Permalink

Will he stay or will he go?

2. theWilkman
    11:39 am May 10, 2016 Permalink

Stoops and Co. have a battle on their hands with this one. Luckily, QB is one of the positions where it doesn’t matter as much where you go (see the top 3 QBs drafted this year for example). I’d make sure he got to spend some time with Tim Couch just to be safe.

3. truBLU
    12:10 pm May 10, 2016 Permalink

Hope he isn’t slipping. If I had to read into all of his comments in succession…it sounds like that may be the progression. Just like with Bolden though, you can’t let it fester in your mind considering none of us have any influence in the decisions. Time will tell.

Here’s an interesting question….who would you want if you had to choose?? Bolden or Jones? It makes absolutely no sense but it is an interesting debate given that you are prob getting Bolden for 1, 2 yrs max on a team with other good bugs, whereas with Jones you are getting him more for his soph-sr years and at a position that has been much aligned for awhile.

4. Luether
    3:42 pm May 10, 2016 Permalink

He looks like a nice boy. Just not sure that will make for an SEC caliber QB…

• UK Big Board Update
      7:38 pm May 10, 2016 Permalink

U mad, bro?

• UK Big Board Update
      2:50 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

Alabama and TAMU seem to think so. I’ll take their opinion over a troll such as yourself. 😉

• UK Big Board Update