L’s Down Morning Wake Up Post

@DaveyRudolph

@DaveyRudolph

The cards (no pun intended) were stacked against Kentucky. On the road, in a rivalry game, against the 11th ranked Lamar Jacksons; even the most devoted of Kentucky fans counted the Cats out. In arguably Kentucky Football’s biggest victory since defeating the top-ranked LSU Tigers in 2007, Kentucky ended the 5-year drought versus the Cards, as the Governor’s Cup returns to its rightful home in Lexington.

Have a day, BBN! Crack open a Budweiser, stuff your face with Thanksgiving leftovers, and bathe in the tears of Louisville fan’s on twitter.

Stephen Johnson is your game MVP

On the post-game show, Chester said it best, “I love that man.”

If you had told me Stephen Johnson would have a better game than the Heisman favorite Lamar Jackson, I, along with much of BBN would have hunched over in laughter. Johnson went for 16-27, 338 yards, 3 TD, and 1 INT. Louisville’s defense were able to limit Boom, Benny, and JoJo, but Johnson’s team-leading 83 rushing yards allowed Kentucky to maintain momentum, especially in 3rd and long situations.

Guys named Stevie Johnson must reeeally hate Louisville.

Eddie Gran called a helluva game

Anything you can do, I can do better. That’s what Eddie Gran said after Louisville ended their first drive with two big plays: a 42-yard bomb from Jackson, followed closely behind by a 19-yard Jackson TD run.

First offensive play from Kentucky, Stephen Johnson connected with Juice Johnson for a 75-yard touchdown. One play, and one play only, had Lamar Jackson and the Lousiville offense back out on the field.

Kentucky and Gran displayed a well-balanced offensive scheme, calling 43:29 rush to pass attempts.

What is most satisfying? That Kentucky didn’t win on some fluke, last-second play. Kentucky flat out beat the Dirty Birds. Take a look at ESPN’s statistical diagrams of the game.

screen-shot-2016-11-27-at-6-51-18-amscreen-shot-2016-11-27-at-6-51-06-amscreen-shot-2016-11-27-at-6-50-50-am

Stoops’ offseason hiring of Gran has come to fruition. He’s here to stay, and we are thrilled to have him in the Bluegrass.

Console a Louisville Fan today

NBA Cats in action tonight

screen-shot-2016-11-26-at-5-53-40-pm

Five of the eight NBA games on Sunday will feature former Wildcats, highlighted by a Cat vs. Cat matchup in the Denver at Phoenix game at 3:30pm.

Kentucky Basketball tips off tomorrow in Bahamas

Top-ranked Kentucky is in the Bahamas to take on (4-2) Arizona State Sun Devils tomorrow night on ESPN2 at 7:00pm.

Derek Willis and Isaiah Briscoe’s statuses for the game are still unclear. While both key pieces have been setback by injuries, look for Kentucky to continue its offensive surge without their senior and sophomore team leaders.

Beating ASU will be doubly sweet. Coached by former Duke point guard Bobby Hurley, Kentucky fans will be reminded tomorrow that UK>Duke.

@colleenwag_KSR

Article written by CWag

18 Comments for L’s Down Morning Wake Up Post

1. RealCatsFan
    10:12 am November 27, 2016 Permalink

I have to say, Card Chronicle is some good, cheap entertainment these days. Some of them want Bobby fired, and others want Charlie Strong hired as DC. Oh, and some of them think the refs gave us the game. Too funny!

What a great morning to wake up as a Cats fan! It feels like Christmas. 😀

• HoosierCatfan
      10:50 am November 27, 2016 Permalink

I’ve honestly never been on a Louisville message board site, but I did the same thing this morning and it was a great way to enjoy my morning cup of coffee. You’d thing the sky has fallen, they’re calling for Petrino’s job, their DC’s job, talking about all of Jackson’s flaws as a quarterback. This is the best day ever! I can’t wait for the basketball team to do the same thing! GO CATS!

• UK Big Board Update
      12:17 pm November 27, 2016 Permalink

From the Scout forums… 😉

The Day after…
      9:58 AM
      (1 vote)

I’m the biggest UofL supporter and fan, but yesterday was complete kick in the nuts.
      Is anyone still trying to cope with what happened yesterday? I mean I seriously can’t get over it. I’ll do something and 10-15 minutes later I’m thinking about what took place and it really pisses me off.

I’m so pissed that I want to physically harm something. I know in the end it isn’t all that serious, but I just can’t let this go. To freaking UK. Orange Bowl on the line, with just coming off loosing a potential playoff spot the week before. And then the talk of the media of who should be in contention for the Heisman due to Lamars and Louisvilles play down the stretch.

Ugh. Just can’t get over it. I know it’s juvenile, but dammit. Ughhhh venting over. Can anyone help me!!!

• UK Big Board Update
      1:32 pm November 27, 2016 Permalink

12:35 PM Last edited 12:35 PM by LaurelCardsFan

Better man than I am. I CANCELED Christmas Eve plans with a bunch of mouth breathing in laws over some comments made both ways after the game.
      UK fans are trash, even the ones that come in peace.

2. Kevin C
    10:15 am November 27, 2016 Permalink

So…I get Briscoe’s butt is better?

3. 502CodeRed
    10:16 am November 27, 2016 Permalink

Some of those tweets are hilarious. I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen so many fair weather fans crawl out of the woodwork. Can you imagine if there was this much enthusiasm all season, win or lose, instead of for this one super bowl game? If so UK might be a permanent force in the SEC East.
    Anyhow big congrats to UK. The unpredictable nature of rivalry games are what make them great.

• UK Big Board Update
      12:07 pm November 27, 2016 Permalink

You’re an idiot. Even your former God Charlie Strong wished your fans were more like ours.

U mad. 41-38.

• Booby Petrino
      2:08 pm November 27, 2016 Permalink

Ha ha “super bowl”…. Beating Alabama would be like a super bowl to us. Beating Louisville is something we’ve done more times than Louisville has beat us (15-14). Suck it, loser.

• UK Big Board Update
      3:02 pm November 27, 2016 Permalink

Two people liked his comment. LOL. How much ya wanna bet one of ’em was cats paw?

4. BluKudzu
    10:42 am November 27, 2016 Permalink

What is worse for the Cardinals, If I am not mistaken, most of their starters are seniors, or on parole. Next couple of years, they might not look so great beating the likes of Wake Forest, Boston College and Virginia or whoever their weak ass schedule provides them with the Atlantic Cup Cake conference.
    I said after the Cardinal/Houston game, in speculation of how tough that conference really was. Now we know, the 4th best team in The SEC, beats their possibly second best team, on their home field, as their QB poses for the Heisman.
    Got to hand it to Jackson, his antics provided motivation.
    You can put all of his class in a thimble, and have room left over for an ocean.
    FREE AT LAST.
    GO CATS. HUGE WIN.

• UK Big Board Update
      12:13 pm November 27, 2016 Permalink

Will you finally congratulate Stoops, please? You said you would.

• 502CodeRed
      4:46 pm November 27, 2016 Permalink

The transitive property really doesn’t apply to sports. If that were the case it would seem the 4th best team in the SEC would have won their conference at least once in the past 30 years. The SEC being “too tough” is such a tired argument bu in reality maybe it really is too tough for some.

5. henderblue
    11:10 am November 27, 2016 Permalink

Eddie Gran did call a heck of a game. Love what he’s brought to the offense. Not a big fan of the Wildcat. Like to see the ball thrown down the field and boy was it pretty yesterday. Poor Ramona Daisy… seems a little sour.😀

6. apocalypse
    11:38 am November 27, 2016 Permalink

Great win Cats not only of your instate rivals but also the number 11 ranked team in the country. Coach Gran did a masterful job all year of calling plays and finding what this team does best and sticking with it. Offense looks great, but we need some help on the defensive side. Looking forward to next season already.

7. 4everblue
    12:06 pm November 27, 2016 Permalink

Ramona Daisy and her Cards fans act like they wouldn’t be just as excited if they were to ever be able to beat UK in basketball….wait…..that would be a pipe dream…

8. UK Big Board Update
    12:11 pm November 27, 2016 Permalink

2016: THE YEAR OF THE TARD

— The basketball program was slammed by a scandal and consequently didn’t even get a chance at the postseason.

— Basketball team struggles with ODU and loses a 22 point lead to Baylor.

— The baseball team, favored to win it all, loses, at home, on a walk-off grand slam.

— The football team gets off to its best start ever, then completely craps the bed in its final two games.

9. jaws2
    7:02 pm November 27, 2016 Permalink

Dear 502CodeRed,

Weren’t you the one calling us ‘Slapdicks’ prior to this game? Looks like we slapped it in your face ALL DAY Saturday!!
    I’m sure you’ll spend the next 364 days pulling yours in your mommy’s basement!!

Oh, Happy Holidays!!!!