Louisville Omni Evicts Woman Who Pelted Protesters With Ice

keoniglory | IG

keoniglory | IG

A Louisville woman was evicted from her high-rise apartment after she allegedly dumped buckets of ice on protesters from her balcony.

Tuesday night a group of protesters were marching down Liberty St. near the Omni Hotel when a loud sound sent the crowd into a frenzy.

“We’re scrambling and running, you don’t really know what to do,” Keoni Glory told WHAS-11. “It did legitimately sound like gunshots and people were terrified, running. I mean the crowd instantly dispersed.”

Glory grabbed his camera and looked up. Nearly 20 stories above the street he spotted a woman holding a bucket of ice on the balcony of a luxury apartment. You can see the photo above.

Courier-Journal staffers confirmed Glory’s account of the story. Another witness described the initial downpour of ice as “baseball-sized” projectiles.

The Louisville Omni has been closed for business during the coronavirus pandemic since March, but residents still occupy the 226 luxury apartments near the top of the 30-story building. Lincoln Property Company, the group that manages “The Residences at Omni Louisville,” announced less than 24 hours later that the ice cube thrower had been evicted.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

27 Comments for Louisville Omni Evicts Woman Who Pelted Protesters With Ice

1. Duff86
    1:05 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

She dumb. Could have really hurt someone. I thought evictions were illegal until further notice?

• wild horses
      1:36 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

While is undoubtedly stupid to throw anything out over 20 stories up, it is equally stupid and dangerous to paint with such a broad brush delray. There are always other things on the ballot than race related issues. I don’t agree with anything that is going on right now. The bad cops are wrong. Not sure anyone disagrees. They should be punished and will be. But, violence just because you’re upset is wrong too. I didn’t build this country, but I do live in it. Are things perfect… not by a long shot. But, we are never going forward calling each other despicable because we don’t vote the same. I can’t be held responsible for what another voter does just like you can’t with your apparent support of anything but Trump. Do I like everything this President does? Not a chance. Do I think and believe his legislative agenda is better for all Americans… yes, I do. That my friend doesn’t make me despicable or a racist. I don’t believe you are despicable because you are most likely a liberal. It just makes us different. I’m seriously not trying to pick a fight here. Just stating things from my point of view.

2. number9in2021
    1:11 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

I thought Andy said no evictions are allowed

3. DelrayCat
    1:14 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

Evictions were halted only for non-payment of rent. You can still be evicted for being a despicable MAGA supporter who endangers others. High rise buildings often have riders in the lease that say if you throw anything off the balcony, you are subject to immediate eviction.

• 4everUKBlue
      1:23 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

Delray your belief that one party is better than the other makes you part of the problem, all the party system does is keep us divided and fighting amongst ourselves while both sides systematically destroy this country. Wake up and do your own research.

• UKFanSC
      1:36 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

Delray……don’t be so quick to label. Not all MAGA individuals are despicable, just like all protesters are not looters.

• DelrayCat
      1:40 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

LOL…4ever I do plenty of “research” on my own. But you are living in fantasy world if you think both sides are equivalent in the division and attempt to “destroy” this country. Sure the left pushes its equality positions to the extreme sometime with their outrage and cancel culture, but they are actively trying to solve real problems. The Trump party only wants to sow division and hate….to become an autocratic state with a strong-man leader who squashes any opposition….irrespective of the constitution. And giving all the spoils of war to their rich supporters. We have a 2 party system whether you are I like it or not. Therefore, we are all forced to pick a side and fight for our beliefs…or sit on the sidelines and claim false equivalence, doing nothing. You made you choice, I make mine. That is America.

• jack8291
      1:41 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

No way she’s out in two days . The process is likely started , but no way she’s ‘evicted ‘ this fast

• just a guy
      1:45 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

How do you know she’s MAGA? Is it because she’s white? Is it because she doesn’t agree with people ravaging this town? Is it because she’s likely wealthy living on 20th floor of Omni? Is it because the ice cubes were big and only racists have those? I’m curious why the need to include that.
      Maybe she’s racist, maybe she’s rich, or maybe she lives DT snd has seen the city rocked and is tired of living in fear for something she didn’t do.

Who knows? I know you don’t. But your general sweep of judgement is just as racist as the people you supposedly oppose.

• just a guy
      1:47 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

See.. you take out that one sentence and everyone agrees. But you had to put it in there because agreeing is not what you seek.

• Bruce Dickinson
      2:00 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

Can you be evicted for being a despicable Biden supporter who endangers others?

4. UK_fac_boi
    1:33 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

Karen at it again.

5. wild horses
    1:38 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

My post above was supposed to respond to delray.

6. Duuuuuude
    2:15 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

Ohhhh, the humanity…..

7. panicpat
    2:43 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

Delray I’m a democrat who loves trump and McConnell. Does that make me despicable? Just curious?

• Mr.Incognito
      4:05 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

That’s like saying I’m UK fan that loves Pitino and Jurich

• Bluehender
      6:17 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

There’s some humor there. We need more of that…

8. TPACAT
    2:53 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

Sounds like DouchebagCat was at it again. Sorry I missed it…

9. UKgrad80
    4:07 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

It’s not about party it is about the lying, corrupt ignorant fool at the helm. This has nothing to do which party he belongs to. If you think he is good for America I am not sure what your idea of America is. Ok Trump trolls fire away. History is on my side. I am proud I do not support the criminal in the Whitehouse!

• TPACAT
      5:51 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

You and DouchebagCat should get a room…

10. UKgrad80
    4:07 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

Nope just means your not very smart

11. King_tucky
    4:39 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

Failed Ice Bucket challenge!!

12. panicpat
    4:49 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

I assume the not very smart was intended for me. Sorry I don’t live up to your liberal standards. I’ll try to do better.

13. madarchitect
    7:12 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

When you resort to changing someone’s name to something in order to make fun of them, you’re part of the problem. There’s been a lot of this lately and I can’t quite put my finger on why people seem to be so immature the last couple of years.

14. BluKudzu
    8:53 pm June 4, 2020 Permalink

Bunker Trump the Bible Thump.
    Donald Trump holding a bible is just as insane as Hitler holding a Menorah.

15. panicpat
    12:10 am June 5, 2020 Permalink

Amen mad architect. Delray has at least 3 names on this site to make fun of people.