Louisville City FC will return with fans this summer.
This evening, the club announced that Gov. Andy Beshear’s office has approved a plan allowing up to 50% capacity at Lynn Family Stadium with temperature screenings, mandatory face coverings, and proper physical distancing.
“In what’s been a challenging year, we’re excited to be able to open our stadium in front of supporters who have been with us from the beginning,” said LouCity president Brad Estes. “I want to thank ASM Global for the work they put in developing the VenueShield program as well as the governor’s office for ensuring we’re able to do this in a safe manner.”
The USL Championship and the USL Players Association previously announced an agreement on a return to play this season, with clubs preparing to restart on July 11. A schedule and competition structure are pending.
LouCity is in the process of reconfiguring season ticket members’ seating locations to account for social distancing and the reduced capacity. Season ticket holders will be contacted via email on how to redeem tickets, with individual tickets potentially becoming available at a later date.
“We have waited a long time for the first match in Lynn Family Stadium, and we are excited that we will be able to have our biggest fans in attendance,” said Mitch Ried, LouCity’s vice president of sales and marketing.
Here are the following safety measures and protocols once LouCity hits its home pitch this season:
- Trained staff will before matches clean and disinfect all areas — among them touch points such as handrails, seats and restrooms — in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and local guidelines.
- Anyone entering Lynn Family Stadium will undergo a temperature check. Those who register at 100.4 degrees or higher will be allowed 15 minutes in a cool-down area before a second screening. Those at or above the temperature threshold will not be admitted.
- Cloth face masks or or coverings will be required in Lynn Family Stadium. Additionally, fans can bring only clear bags. No backpacks or other bags are allowed. Standard security screenings and metal detection will continue.
- Markers and staff will be placed to enforce physical distancing from arrival to Lynn Family Stadium until exit.
- Non-contact hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed throughout the stadium.
- With gates opening 90 minutes before kickoff, ticket holders will be provided a suggested arrival time and entry point.
- Lynn Family Stadium will operate cash-free. Concessions and merchandise locations will accept only credit and debit cards.
- All concession items will be delivered in an enclosed container or wrapped with plexiglass barriers at all points of sale. Cups will be served with lids and condiments will be packaged.
Who is planning to make their way to Lynn Family Stadium this summer?