Lordy, lordy, Matt Jones is 40! (Tuesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang is in studio to celebrate a milestone for our fearless leader. Despite what his Facebook profile says, Matt Jones turns 40 today, which makes today’s show one you just can’t miss.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

38 Comments for Lordy, lordy, Matt Jones is 40! (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:05 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

Break out the black party hats. LOL.

• Realme
      10:09 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

Never understood why people make such a big deal out of turning a new age. It’s the fairest thing in life. We all get older at the same rate. I didn’t care a bit about turning 30 or 40. What I don’t love is watching my parents get older and not knowing how much longer I’ll have them.

• RealCatsFan
      10:11 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

I hear ya on that, Realme. Every day you have with them is a gift. Trouble is I feel guilty when life gets in the way and I find that a week has gone by without even talking to them on the phone.

• RealCatsFan
      10:12 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

For me, 40 was no big deal. Felt about as good in my 40’s as I did in my 30’s. 50, however, was a whole different deal. 50 hurts! 😉

• Realme
      10:16 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

I’m kind of like Ryan I guess. Life tends to get better (so far) as I get older. Not closing in on 50 yet. I’ll let you know how it feels when we’re still here talking UK in 8 years, lol.

• ClutchCargo
      10:24 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

I’ll admit that turning 30 hit me hard, and I didn’t even see that coming. 40 didn’t faze me at all.

• Booby Petrino
      10:25 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

Same age, Real, same age 🙂

• Realme
      10:30 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

Never surprises me to learn I have another thing in common with you and/or Jdub.

• ClutchCargo
      10:32 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

If you mean that 50 hurts physically, I’ll kind of agree with that! The real test to see if you are old is when you trip over something and fall. If people laugh, you’re not really seen as old; if they come running to see if you’re ok, that’s when you have to worry. 🙂

• Realme
      10:37 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

Okay, if hair starts growing out of my ears, then I will mind.

• J-Dub421
      11:27 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

I cried when I turned 30. I’ll let you know about 40 when I hit it next year.

• runningunnin.454
      11:35 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

My last birthday, they just set the damn cake on fire.
      Real, the ear hair is a male pattern hormone thing; I think you’re safe.

• J-Dub421
      11:37 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

All my friends and I, plus our spouses (and no kids), are going on a cruise next summer to celebrate all of our 40th birthdays next year. It should be super fun!

• ClutchCargo
      11:53 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

J-Dub, I didn’t cry, but it was definitely a sobering reality. Kind of starting a new chapter in life where I had arrived at real adulthood and realized this is what I’m going to be when I grow up.

2. Realme
    10:10 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

Watched some Last Chance U last night to get in a football mood. Helped a lot.

• runningunnin.454
      10:17 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

Terry Touchdown era begins. Don’t know why anybody is surprised…he didn’t come here to sit on the bench.

• Realme
      10:19 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

Yep. That whole “it’s probably Gunnar now” was nonsense.

• ClutchCargo
      10:26 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

The most popular player on the team always seems to be the backup QB, at least at UK. It’s like a decades long hangover from when Tim Couch was buried on the depth chart by Bill Curry.

• That is multiplied at a program like Bama, especially this year. The “experts” around here all think the starter will be Jalen Hurts (sp?), so you know the fans will be howling for Tua the first time he throws a wobbler that lands on the ground or in a DB’s hands.

• ClutchCargo
      10:35 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, but at Alabama the “backup” either led them to the title game, or won it. The struggle is real there. 🙂 Our fans just want whatever they don’t currently have.

• True, for last year at least. But still, I’ve heard local hosts say the old “The most popular player is the backup QB” I don’t know how many times about Bama over the years, and it’s sometimes been the case even after Saban took over.

After the natty last year, I thought there was no way Tua would not be the starter, but we shall see.

3. ukwildcat1991
    10:23 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

No disrespect but who cares lol

• Realme
      10:32 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

Which part exactly, are you not caring about?

• ClutchCargo
      11:21 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

Apparently, all parts. lol

4. RackEmWillie
    10:33 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

I always assumed Matt was already around 45.

• RealCatsFan
      10:41 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

He looks it. No offense to Matt, but some people just look older than they are.

• J-Dub421
      11:29 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

Really? Matt has a baby face.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:40 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

Prayers for Coach Schlarman. Cancer sucks.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:54 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

Glory Days was by Springsteen; not surprised MJ didn’t know…it wasn’t Tom T. Hall, Ha ha.

7. Realme
    11:30 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know if the Jon Short Burger (bun, patty, nothing else) is going to sell well.

• J-Dub421
      11:32 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

You’d be surprised. I have met quite a few people who are very picky eaters and don’t like most things. Trying to choose a restaurant with such a person is a test of patience.

• ClutchCargo
      11:56 am August 28, 2018 Permalink

I used to be one of those picky eaters. Sometime in my 20’s I became the exact opposite, and now I eat everything. But I find myself being pickier about the quality of food instead of just a limited range of types of food.

• RealCatsFan
      12:32 pm August 28, 2018 Permalink

My younger kid is that way. Wants a plain hamburger with ketchup only. No cheese. I personally abhor all condiments except BBQ sauce and shrimp cocktail sauce (if those are considered condiments). No ketchup, mustard, or mayo for me, thanks. Yeah, I know, I’m weird.

8. Kat4Life
    12:19 pm August 28, 2018 Permalink

40 is the year you start having dry dreams and wet farts…….

• RealCatsFan
      12:32 pm August 28, 2018 Permalink

The saying is that after you hit fifty, never trust a fart. 😉