LIVE: Mark Stoops’ weekly press conference

Know who else is working on Labor Day? Mark Stoops. Check out his weekly press conference previewing Saturday’s game against Miami of Ohio.

25 Comments for LIVE: Mark Stoops’ weekly press conference

1. niaps
    12:34 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

A real football coach, no smoke blowing, keeping it real. Stoops is the future of UK football and he will succeed once the talent HE recruits is on the field. Anybody who thinks this is not a total rebuilding project just needs to look elsewhere for their football fix. Takes time BBN and lets face it we are a fan base that has waited so long for a real football team that is more than a year here and a year there. Stoops will get us there but patience is needed by our fans and to just keep supporting the team and coaches.

2. Mark Oops
    12:41 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Someone’s got some ‘splainin to do.

3. Eddie (AI4UK)
    12:48 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Number 1. AMEN. Go Cats

4. NotSatire
    12:54 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

You said it before I could niaps. This fb coach is going to field a great product given time. I just hope that he stays here for awhile once success does come.

5. NL
    1:02 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

4- kiss off

Stoops will get it done. We need to be patient

6. classof68
    1:04 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Loved the first 16 minutes or so. Here’s an idea – use a microphone so we and Mark can hear the dang questions.

7. msnthrop
    1:05 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

I think Coach should consider shaving his head…

8. Roggensak
    1:06 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Our Fb team will be fine. Stoops is trying to be polite about the current players that he didn’t recruit. I don’t care about wins/losses this season or next. I just want to see improvement every game. If we see the same mistakes every game, then we can say the coaches are not getting it done in practice. Go BB

9. MRob
    1:22 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

#1 completely agree couldn’t have said it better. Go Cats

10. LexJim
    1:34 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Pretty much a very straight forward presser. No BS. No rah rah. I think what we should take from it is this it’s going to be a long, brutal season. I didn’t realize this but I saw where Oscar Combs tweeted that Saturday we started 11 freshmen, 5 on offense and 6 on defense. That is a recipe for disaster in the SEC. I can’t imagine what it would look like if we weren’t having to play them. We have a long row to hoe and we need to realize that. We just need to see steady progress throughout the next two seasons.

11. Jook
    2:08 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Wow! Barnhart decreed Sunshine blowers at K$Rto decree all is well? Yeah. Not buying Mulligan m!tch anymore.

12. Jimbo
    2:13 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Jook, just shut up and stop being a troll… This team is bad but under stoops we will get better. Even this year I feel we will start competing… 4 games would be amazing but hold on and we will get there BBN!!! Go cats!!!!!!

13. Jimbo
    2:15 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Also don’t forget… Drew Barker and company are on the way!!!

14. Sean Whitaker
    2:27 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

See the thing is, 85 percent of so called UK football fans dont have a clue about how football works…. Thwy think that a good freshmen class can completely turn a program around and in football it doesn’t work like that. Out of Rivals top 300, maybe 25 will be able to contribute immediately in college… And you expect them in 2 months of actual practice to make a drastic difference? This isnt basketball…. Football takes time… So all of you would’ve been jumping off the Saban train his first year when he got beat by ULM? If you arent in this for the long haul, jump off now. The main reason we have a top 10 recruiting class is due to the fans… If you idiots wanna panic and turn on our team after 1 game and jeopardize the incoming class go ahead while us REALISTS stay the course…. Im soo disappointed in our fans… You have bought this “we are SEC” hype when swe arent and it will take time to get SEC talent… I thought our fans were better than this… You whine about the shortcomings but sit there and cast a negative cloud around the program with 1 loss by a coach who just coached his 1st game as a HC against a proven winner and offensive genious… Please, take your negativity elsewhere…. BBN doesnt need you! #StillOnStoopsTrain

15. Jook
    2:33 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Yeah. Jimbo. Sure. Towles is a four star. He’s not going to see the field this year. Grow up.

16. Dr. Tom
    2:40 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Despite the overall poor play on Saturday I was very impressed with how Coach Stoops handled himself on the sideline. He was in the game from start to finish. He made the right decisions particularly choosing to kick the field goal that put us within two scores of tying (Matt, you were wrong, kicking the field goal was the right thing to do). I was also very impressed with the coach when the refs were looking at the replay of the catch in the end zone, he had his special teams together going over the on-side kick instructions. It has been a long time since UK had a head coach that was fully engaged during every second of the game. I am so impressed with this guy and have no doubt that he will make UK fans proud of this program. Keep the faith and support this coach!!!

17. Jimbo
    3:29 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Lol you are right jook, I’ll just grow up and be depressing. Good outlook on life… I’ll try and be negative about everything and say nothing to be happy. We lost, get to next week and focus on Miami… We are a working progress. One game thru and you are like this? If any one should grow up, it’s people like you. Again just focus on the future and give them a chance. Be patient and be a fan, not that guy who just yearns to be negative… I could not imagine what life as a fan must be like for you. Anyway… Go cats!!!

18. Jimbo
    3:31 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

And I’m sure if you respond to that it will be something harsh or negative so I’m done with your comments… I’m pumped about maxwell smith! He actually looked good.

19. Jook
    3:31 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

@Jimbo

You blame the fans? Have a nice day Mitch.

20. Jimbo
    3:34 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

I wish I was Mitch lol I could use the money

21. Sean
    3:37 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

The hell with football uk a basketball school I’m ready for basketball season

22. Jimbo
    3:39 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

I think everyone is pumped for basketball season. Cannot wait to see Julius randle be a beast on the court. Cant wait to beat Loserville either

23. Impressive!
    3:55 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Stoops is impressive indeed! And what I’m most impressed with is him naming Smith to be QB against Miami. That shows he is not stubborn,..which is a very good sign. Some coaches are determined to make a square peg fit a round hole,..and the more they are proven to be wrongheaded trying to do just that the more determined they are to do it. Stoops has proven he is willing to learn/change by deciding to start Smith. I’m much less worried now because of that. Plus,..he is obviously a class act, and a smart man. Go Cats!!!!

24. 49blue
    4:17 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Mr. STOOPS i will have to say that i took your SUPRIZES remarkes last week the wrong way , now that i got the real picture, carry on my friend boy have you got a big job on your hands……

25. Steve
    5:48 pm September 2, 2013 Permalink

Let this staff have some time to figure out the train wreck they walked into, before you start throwing stones! I’m sure the majority of us have been in a new environment in our lives and were unsure of the outcome. But we took on the challenge, no matter the hours, and fought through the wreck to eventually see some Success! We are on a different train and we just need to sit and endure the ride. I got a feeling that it will get a lot smoother down the line.