As Governor Andy Beshear comforts the state with his Mr. Rogers-like press conferences at 5 p.m. each day, another leader in the state has taken a different approach to get his coronavirus message across.

Mayor Gabe Brown, the mayor of Walton in Boone County, Ky., told the Boone County Neighborhood Group on Facebook to, “Listen up dipsh-ts… it’s a big f**cking deal.”

The Facebook post:

Listen up dipshits and sensible people. I might not have the best bedside manor. I might not put you at ease like the Governor does, but I don’t care. You need to realize that this is a serious ordeal. In fact, it’s a big f**cking deal. Stay at home.

I didn’t give you information to induce panic. I gave you information, so that you’d be informed.

Maybe, just maybe, I am privy to information that you aren’t. I’m sorry for being the gossiping Mayor.
I’m tired of Covid-19 conference calls. I take 3 a day, plus one extra on the weekend with Kenton County. If you don’t like what I’m telling you, then go buy some toilet paper.

I pray every night that the State, County and region that I love with all of my heart will stop doing nonsensical things. Treat this seriously. If you don’t, then screw you (f#ck you is what I want to say, but I can’t).

This will pass. Take it seriously. It is here. Act like you have the virus and don’t spread it to other people. I have no doubt that it hasn’t already been here, but testing had been limited. More cases are coming. If you ignore this problem, the worst thing that could happen is that your mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, aunts, uncles could die.

Be responsible. If you don’t, then screw you.

Warmest regards,

Mayor Gabe Brown

[Facebook]

I read no lies in Mayor Brown’s comments to his community, only warmest regards from a leader. Was it an unconventional form of messaging? Of course, but he got his point across.

Screw you if you don’t take this seriously, Walton.

Article written by Drew Franklin

24 Comments for “Listen up dipsh*ts… it’s a big f**cking deal,” says one Kentucky mayor to his community

1. Duff86
    2:40 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

F’n right!

2. minton22
    3:03 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

Hell yeah! I agree.

3. UKgrad80
    3:03 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

Love it mayor!! Sometimes you have to go to those extremes to get to some of those that are hard headed!! Better to be berated than buried!!

4. BTownUKFan
    3:27 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

Real meet real !!

5. Larkin123
    3:28 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

Time to gets some wine, and maybe whine in bed about the mean o mayor…

I am so impressed with the youth today lol… Word to the wise, don’t go count how many get togethers/groups are on your child’s snaps. It is shocking even for apes… Groupings are flying around like paper airplanes…

Meanwhile my mom has immune issues after/with cancer plus my dad had a bypass + pneumonia + clot. all within last 4 months.. They keep wondering why things are closing down, and why I am so paranoid… la de da la de da… i should have the mayor call them…

6. grammarpoliceUK
    3:33 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

I think I like this guy.

7. Realme
    3:37 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

I’m usually not a fan of uncivil politicians, but screw you, I’d vote for this guy.

8. truebluefootballfan
    3:58 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

All he wanted was some cornbread

• JASUN74
      4:14 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

Lol. Yeah buddy. Haha.

9. ClutchCargo
    4:25 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

I’m still glad I quit facebook, but do yourselves a favor and read that post and all the replies. A few of those people learned that it’s pointless to try to troll somebody who gives exactly zero f#cks. lol

10. A_Blue_Wildcat
    5:29 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

The economic ramifications will kill more healthy people than the virus will

• Han
      6:48 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

If that ends up being true, it’s for two reasons.

First, because the virus was curtailed by these actions and we’ve saved many lives.

Second, because our system has serious flaws that are being exposed by our lack of preparedness for this crisis, our poor leadership in the White House, and the income inequality that leaves the majority of Americans unable to weather such a crisis while the wealth gap grows larger and larger. The deficit has already swelled under Trump and Republican control due to Trump’s ludicrous tax cut that they now want to hack into Social Security and Medicare to help cover.

If more people die from the economic impact than the virus, it’s a failing of our economic system and healthcare, not because we’re being chicken littles and shutting down too much.

11. 2andToodleLoo
    5:38 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

“If you don’t like it – then go buy some toilet paper.” Well said Mayor.

12. kjd
    5:44 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

Must be some interesting night time prayers this guy offers.

13. gobble gobble
    6:19 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

We all need to come together, and make sure dumb coronavirus denying rednecks understand how dumb they are. Good on you mayor I

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:34 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Talking like that, to your constituents no less, is going to accomplish that?

14. Jesus H. Chrysler
    7:00 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

This guy sounds like he’d like to be holed up with former Lexington mayor Jim Gay

15. Looother
    7:07 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

Politically incorrect. Must NOT be a DemocRat…

• mcp157
      11:47 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Not knowing how to express a differing opinion or listen to a differing opinion without berating someone in a vulgar way is a cultural problem. It runs rampant on both sides of the aisle

16. millertim
    7:12 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

Reads like an illiterate moron that scolds the very people that elected him. Hey Mayor, its “manner” not “manor”…

17. CombatMedic_98
    10:15 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

What a DUCHESS DUCHBAG

18. Newtype
    9:21 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Move over Govna. Kentucky’s got a new anti hero.

19. BobbyBlue
    10:16 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

Tell it like it is !

20. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:33 am March 25, 2020 Permalink

So does he pray with that same tongue? Asking for a friend.

9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
    10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
    11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
    12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
    13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.