Listen to KSR while you vote! (Tuesday Show Thread)

Tune in to Kentucky Sports Radio radio this morning while you’re on your way to/standing in line at the polls. Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond will keep the Election Day talk extremely limited because there are more important things going on in the world than electing a president, like Kentucky’s upcoming game with Tennessee.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

50 Comments for Listen to KSR while you vote! (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. MJ voted for Hillary??? NO WAY!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. Sentient Third Eye
    10:19 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

If HIllary wins, we’ll all have to brush up on our German. What is the feminine form or der Fuhrer, anyway? die Fuherin?

• J-Dub421
      10:24 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Dude, just stop.

• RealCatsFan
      10:30 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Wait a minute – isn’t Trump (oops, meant to day Drumpf) the one with the German heritage? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• runningunnin.454
      11:05 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Thought Third Eye’s comment was funny….better to laugh than cry.

3. I agree with Matt about the Bilas comments. I’m not saying that playing a Clarion or an Asbury accomplishes a TON, but most teams also don’t want to play a mid-major that might be capable of an upset.

• J-Dub421
      10:27 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

I get what Bilas is saying, but we have a bunch of tough pre-season games, so I don’t really care if we throw some money to a few cupcakes in exhibition games early. Asbury and Clarion would never get to play in Rupp or on TV otherwise, and they get to tell their kids someday about the time they played a bunch of future NBA stars when they were at UK.

• ukjaybrat
      10:38 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

if it’s an upset, it means nothing. it doesn’t count toward the record. anf if it means our team is bad, then that won’t be the worse loss of the season, if it means our team is good and just lost a game, maybe it’s a teaching moment. I don’t really see a downside to playing a mid major

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:47 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Bring back foreign national teams! I recall that those were exciting. The crowd would chant “USA” rather than “Go Big Blue”.

4. Boy, I hate to beat up on KY Joe, but that’s so bad.

• J-Dub421
      10:28 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Agreed, he’s so, so bad.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:44 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

I have never been shy about it. Nothing wrong with calling a turd a turd; especially when it is a turd.

5. Laker Cat 18
    10:30 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Who wins the KSR Comments Section Presidential Poll? Who did you or who are you going to vote for?

I’m genuinely torn between Trump & Johnson. I like Trumps values for the most part, but really don’t like his approach to anything. Johnson seems more level headed, but there are a few things I disagree with. Hillary is a definite NO for me.

• RealCatsFan
      10:34 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

I don’t like either one of the main party candidates, but I guess that is why I’m registered as an Independent. Hillary is part of the problem in Washington, and Trump is a narcissistic psychopath with the emotional maturity of a four-year-old. Johnson may be clueless, but I think he would probably do less harm to the country than either one of these crooks.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:37 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

My mindset is that Trump is too aggressive and Johnson is a tad too soft. With that said, I think Johnson may leave a lot in the hands of Congress. I like the thought of that. I can see Trump pulling an executive decision on a lot of issues just to have his way.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:40 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

The other dilemma I face is that I don’t think Johnson has a legit shot to beat Hillary. Trump obviously has the better shot. Do I sacrifice my liking for Johnson just to push the more likely candidate? Tough choice this year. I may just run myself in 2020. BBN should be a government funded entity. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• RealCatsFan
      10:50 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

LC, with all due respect, that is the kind of attitude that got us into this mess, both from the perspective of the two-party system and the nomination process itself. Both parties had better (read honest, reasonable candidates), but they were afraid to nominate them because the felt like they needed someone “strong” enough to defeat the opponent. So we were not voting for the person who we thought had the best interests of the country in mind, rather the one who can keep such-and-such out of office. Sigh…

• Johnson is not a Libertarian. His positions are mostly liberal Democrat, and you can look that up. If you’re okay with his positions, whatever, but he is NOT a Libertarian.

I don’t like many of the things Trump has said/done any more than the next guy (as I’ve said many times here, Ted Cruz was my guy), but he got my vote. It is largely about the Supreme Court (and the judiciary in general) for me, and he is the ONLY shot we have of getting conservative justices.

I wish Ted Cruz had gotten more backing, but alas, that did not happen.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:10 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

RCF – I can’t say I disagree with you. With that said, I don’t think that mindset will ever be broken in our lifetime. As a nation, it’s a popularity thing across the board. I have faith in my vote, but I don’t have faith in others’ vote.

CGINWTTD – As a registered Republican, I’m not afraid to vote for another party. I would consider myself a slight Republican. I would consider Johnson a slight Democrat. He has some conservative views as well. I would vote Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, or the Wildcat party if it was the one I related most with.

• RealCatsFan
      11:10 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

If Ted Cruz were nominated, I think it would come out that Grayson Allen is his illegitimate son.

• The resemblance is striking RCF!

6. RealCatsFan
    10:31 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Well, The Donald said that he was going to make America great again, and I say that topless women at the polling places is a good start! ๐Ÿ™‚

• bigblucrew
      10:37 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Knowing as how they were democrats how would that be Trump’s doing?

• Laker Cat 18
      10:41 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

The article said those were anti-Trump folks. This is NSFW by the way. Click at your own risk. LOL

• RealCatsFan
      10:52 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

I had the sound muted so don’t know if any cuss words were uttered, but yes, there may have been a booby on display.

And yes, they are Trump protesters – I never claimed otherwise. Geesh guys, have a sense of humor. You Trumpeters take everything too seriously! ๐Ÿ˜€

7. BluKudzu
    10:45 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Voting for either Trump or Hillary, should be construed as treason against The United States of America.
    The lesser of the two evils, is still evil.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:47 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Evil will be our president, no matter how you slice it.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:50 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

I voted write-in for Rand Paul, but HIllary Clinton is genuinely evil. Untold people have suffered because of her pay-for-play schemes. In a just world, she would die in a prison cell.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:54 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

If you want evil google “lolita express”.

• RealCatsFan
      10:54 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

STE, I think Trump is every bit as evil. My neighbor has a yard sign that says “THEY BOTH SUCK”, and I couldn’t agree more.

• runningunnin.454
      11:04 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

RCF, good one….ha ha haha.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:12 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

I would like one of those signs. LOL

• BluKudzu
      11:22 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Think UK Big Board Update will copy and paste this too?
      EL OH EL. He is a good guy everyone. I applaud his efforts to expose those who think different than he.
      If you are out there dude, just know we like you. You are a great sport. I appreciate your selfless dedication.
      I promise to do better, because of you.

• UK Big Board Update
      3:48 pm November 8, 2016 Permalink

#rentfree ๐Ÿ˜‰

8. RealCatsFan
    10:57 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

The Bobby vs Ricky vote is a tough one. I would have to call that one a draw. Rick nails skanks on restaurant tables and pays for their abortions, and Bobby hires his and rides them around on their Harley. Since Ho-Gate, I think the edge has to swing back to Rick, but Bobby will probably try to top him pretty soon.

9. RealCatsFan
    11:12 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Ryan running for Mayor would be a little bit like Gary Johnson running for President.

As an aside – I really wanted to support Johnson just so that I could put out a yard sign that said “My Johnson is bigger than yours!” ๐Ÿ˜€

• ClutchCargo
      1:33 pm November 8, 2016 Permalink

It’s a shame he won’t get elected. I imagine at some point during his term, there would have been a priceless newspaper headline saying something like “Johnson Standing Firm…”

10. Laker Cat 18
    11:14 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

I would genuinely like to know this. How many of you wrote-in your Presidential vote today? I saw one on here for Paul already and I’ve heard folks doing it for Cruz & McCain.

• RealCatsFan
      11:40 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

GMA showed that someone wrote in Mitt Romney. I could handle Romney or McCain before either one of the clowns we are stuck with this year. There was talk of the Repubs forcing Trump out and bringing in Romney for a while there. I think that would have given them a much better chance of getting the WH back.

I really liked McCain and was hoping that he would run again.

11. BluKudzu
    11:23 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

I wrote in Bernie Sanders and Meteorites

• RealCatsFan
      11:42 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

I was extremely tempted to write in “Egg McMuffin”, and then take a picture of it and tweet it in to KSR for Tweet of the Day.

• BluKudzu
      1:52 pm November 8, 2016 Permalink

It would have won, no doubt about it.

12. secrick
    11:34 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

If a plane goes down with Hillary and Trump both in it, who survives , the UNITED STATES. Sorry i said i would not post on politics , sorry guys. GO CATS

• RealCatsFan
      11:41 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Amen, Rick. Preach on, brother!

• BluKudzu
      11:41 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Love that. Except I think the world survives.

• runningunnin.454
      11:44 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

There would definitely be snakes on the plane.

13. bigblucrew
    11:52 am November 8, 2016 Permalink

Wow way to be a dikc Matt…these people wait an hour to come on just so you can be a child…cool

• theSkinny81
      3:44 pm November 8, 2016 Permalink

You’re a Louisville fan. Shut up.

14. madarchitect
    6:36 pm November 8, 2016 Permalink

It’s so nice to be a Kentucky fan living outside of the state. When I read the political opinions of Kentucky residents on this site, they appear to be about a century behind the rest of the country.