Listen to Kash Daniel on Kentucky Sports Radio

Four-star linebacker Kash Daniel came on Kentucky Sports Radio this morning, and if you read between the lines, it’s pretty clear he’s coming to Kentucky. Just listen to his comments about his visit to Kentucky, and his visit to South Carolina:

KENTUCKY

“You got the grand campus tour. I had a meeting with the vice president of the university. I’m just a kid from Eastern Kentucky, you’re gonna meet me with the vice president of the university? This is unreal,” Kash joked. “It’s all about where you’re going to spend your life for four years. You want to see more than just the weight room and the practice field and Commonwealth–which by the way, looks awesome. It looks awesome.”

“I got to see the new dorms, unreal. Looks like an apartment, full-size Tempurpedic mattress. Took me to the academic center, talk to the academic advisors. I asked them about the Criminal Justice programs–that’s what I’d like to do. After that, they showed me around the entire campus and showed me how good life would be there if I chose to come there.”

SOUTH CAROLINA

“When I got back from Carolina, I knew where I was going to go. I went down there to South Carolina and it was a workout/visit,” Kash said, describing how he picked off South Carolina’s top QB commit, which caused 247 Sports’ Barton Simmons to boost him in the rankings from 226 to 96. “It wasn’t like the Kentucky visit. It was a football-related visit. I didn’t get to see the campus much. They put us on a tour bus and drove us around campus, but everything was so spaced out. When I got back from there, I knew where my heart was leaning to, I knew where I was going to school.”

Kash will announce his decision on July 4th at Paintsville High School around noon or 1 p.m. He’ll have three hats on the table: Louisville, South Carolina, and Kentucky. In case there was any doubt he’ll pick Kentucky, when said he’s going to have a Louisville hat on the table, he stopped himself and apologized to the crowd.

The kid’s gonna be a Cat. You can hear it in his voice.

20 Comments for Listen to Kash Daniel on Kentucky Sports Radio

1. Mary
    12:17 pm June 23, 2015 Permalink

Admittedly, I was concern after the South Carolina visit, especially with a tweet “can’t wait to come back”. Felt more comfortable after he was interviewed on Big Blue Insider by Drake Jackson. Today…well, just go on and get extra fire works for the celebration for the announcement…Bottom line, what ever the decision turn out to be, he is a very very mature awesome guy that is KY PROUD! UK will be fortunate to have him as a member of Big Blue Family who happens to play football!

With the mention of the UL hat on the table…does anyone know if he even had a official visit to UL? Just curious???

2. asdf
    2:19 pm June 23, 2015 Permalink

Getting excited about this football recruiting class. Coach Cal may have had a string of misses this year, but Coach Stoops really has the momentum right now!

3. woohop1
    2:31 pm June 23, 2015 Permalink

Great post. Listening to Kash and to the excitement in his responses certainly says “UK”!! I’m wondering if he can actually wait until the 4th before announcing his decision. If it isn’t UK, then Kash would be the greatest poker player ever……..and the biggest fraud from the mountains ever born. Not worried……he will be BLUE!!

4. Coach phillip Hawkins
    3:30 pm June 23, 2015 Permalink

Kash is a great kid for sure. I am sure what ever he does, he will do great and make his family proud. There are some very talented kids in this state and I am glad I was a part of of Kash and his teammates life. Couldn’t be prouder.

5. Jim
    6:24 pm June 23, 2015 Permalink

All they can think about is the butt kicking from Louisville.

• Captain Paul
      11:32 pm June 23, 2015 Permalink

Butt kicking? Because all the UL fans predicted a 50 point win? What game did you watch? Petrino sent his guys out to midfield to start crap and the young Kentucky players didn’t back down. Kid dropped an easy interception that hit him in the hands that would have won the game. Kentucky still had a chance to win at the end after that. UL was lucky to win at home. Just keep talking. Cats will be ready this year.

• Dude
      11:30 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Last time I checked, last years UofL NFL draft picks who only beat us by 3 at home aren’t walking through that door.

• BluKudzu
      2:43 pm June 24, 2015 Permalink

This person is a broken tool, which never gets used. It sits in the bottom of the bag, and is forgot about, and never even looked for, once it has been replaced. The only attention it gets, is when it is found, it gets quickly tossed away, for having no use or value, because it was in the way of something more important, and has no purpose, other than dead weight. Just like this person, taking up space, and having no value, maybe to be used to hold open doors, for UK Fans.

I believe it unlikely he is a U of L fan. The educated U of L fan knows last year was the best that Skid Row Petrino was ever going to do. A stacked roster from Charlie Strong, with the addition of several 3rd chance malcontents, they were the best he was going to have for a very long time. They will keep their mouth shut. They really do know, trust me.

Now the roster is depleted, and only a couple of transfers left, (especially interesting is the one who beats up on women, remember; no guns were involved, so that makes it better) to bolster a roster that no longer is as deep or talented as they had under their former coach.

They do still have some good players, the game will be great, yet I doubt it will be a butt kicking on either side.

So come on over to CWS, start your little fight before the game, and show the class we have all learned to expect; throwin’ up da Ls, Swisher Sweets, line beards, flat bills, “crown and coke, playa,” tattoos, (double points for tramp stamps, triple points if on a guy) oh, and let’s not forget how apropos, the almighty wife beater to be worn, perhaps in honor of your newest 3rd chance misogynistic transfer recruited by your misogynistic coach, at a school known for the disregard given to women.

L yes. You Go Broken Tool, Playa Jim. L1C4…(I think that is right? Whatever, I forgot. It is impossible to care less what that is all about.)

6. Gary Nelson
    8:16 pm June 23, 2015 Permalink

Kash
    All Lawrence Co except maybe one or two Louisville Grads, Hope you become a member of the” BIG BLUE Family !!”

7. Gowcats
    11:30 pm June 23, 2015 Permalink

Wait, there are “grads” from UL? I think that’s an urban myth. Kind of like saying there are “classy” UL fans and no UL trolls on this site.

8. Dave Letterman
    11:34 pm June 23, 2015 Permalink

I am really impressed with this kids moxy, an all american from eastern ky is insane but I can’t wait to watch this guy in the BBN and perform in the SEC I just think he is going to be special he just has that feel about him

9. Angelo
    12:18 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Another very interesting late night post…

• Casper
      11:30 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Durrrrrr………

10. Walter
    4:10 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

I could only hope that KD can be the second coming of Marty Moore, or a Jeff Snedegar.

11. Juan Pablo
    8:17 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Does Ryan have a golf ball in each pocket or does he have saggy old man testicals hanging down each leg?

12. BigBlueFeller
    8:30 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Love this kid, gonna look great in blue and white! He just gets “it” unlike a lot of stud athletes.

13. Rankings Schmankings
    12:57 pm June 24, 2015 Permalink

No doubt I want this kid to come to UK and no doubt I want him to have the highest ranking possible but am I to understand that ONE interception in a glorified pick-up game led to a 130 spot jump in one analyst’s eyes? Gosh that makes me put more faith in those evaluations.

• Bobby Bethard
      3:12 pm June 24, 2015 Permalink

Understand the process first, go to the gamecock site and read their analysis. The top commits and recruits were there for coaching drills by position then did one on one. Their showcase camp is like ours, it’s not publicized only for the top kids. It read the workout lasted about an hour and including all defensive players he was the only one with a pick to what the 247 writer said but was tremendous in one on one coverage and was ranked the highest LB there from the article and the fastest. I don’t think they name guys all American because they can’t play but what do I know

• Ranking Schmankings
      4:21 pm June 24, 2015 Permalink

Had the article have included that information it would have been helpful. Not sure who wrote the kid can’t play but what do I know?

• Ranking Schmankings
      4:24 pm June 24, 2015 Permalink

And of course this being KSR there was no time to include that information since the writers were too busy covering a 2023 basketball recruit who took a poop this afternoon. “Let’s take a look back at recruit poops over the years”.