LISTEN: Matt Jones debuts on new ESPN Radio show “Saturday Gameday”

It’s not a college football game day, but Matt Jones is still talking about everything happening around the sports world in “Saturday Gameday.”

From 1-5 pm ET KSR’s Fearless Leader will host a national show on ESPN Radio. Joined by Joe Fortenbaugh, previously a morning show host in San Francisco, and Matt’s Sunday NFL show co-host, Myron Medcalf, the trio will cover a variety of topics during the four-hour program.

You can stream the entire show online or hear it over the air where ever you get ESPN Radio.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

12 Comments for LISTEN: Matt Jones debuts on new ESPN Radio show “Saturday Gameday”

1. kyle heavy
    1:27 pm August 22, 2020 Permalink

Will people outside of Kentucky be able to understand his twang?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      4:05 pm August 22, 2020 Permalink

Careful. He gets a little testy if someone suggests he should get rid of his accent for national radio.

• 4everUKBlue
      4:41 pm August 22, 2020 Permalink

Well he does sound a little country comparatively speaking.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      5:54 pm August 22, 2020 Permalink

I tuned in for a bit to check it out and the first thing I heard, no lie, was “There ARE still some churches in Kentucky that practice snake handling!” Way to play up the stereotypes MJ.

2. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    4:06 pm August 22, 2020 Permalink

Does this mean he won’t be doing KSR pre and post games for Saturday games any more?

3. CrystalBall
    5:46 pm August 22, 2020 Permalink

Wonder how many copies of his book he was able to sell. Or give away.

4. bjtitzandgolf
    7:13 pm August 22, 2020 Permalink

Pretty sure he wasn’t talking sports

5. 1stkatman
    11:30 pm August 22, 2020 Permalink

Actually, Matt did a pretty good job. I was impressed and I am not a Left Wing leaning Democrat as they have pushed the line far away from moderates. So far that even Matt seems too far left for me. However, I overlook that because we both love our Cats, and will both die as Cat fans. To me, that is bigger than politics. Because we will also both die as Americans.
    Good job on ESPN, Matt. Lean back this way a bit and the vulchers will get off your back.

• satcheluk
      9:11 pm August 23, 2020 Permalink

The GOP is electing Q-anon lions and you say the Dems are too far left? How can someone find common ground when you make statements like that?

• satcheluk
      9:11 pm August 23, 2020 Permalink

Loons not lions, lol

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:48 pm August 23, 2020 Permalink

Satchel, are you going to do like the MSM and tell us that Kamala Harris is a moderate? I don’t even know what Q-anon is BTW. I’ll go look it up.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:59 pm August 23, 2020 Permalink

Okay, I just looked it up. Yeah, it’s nutty.