Liberal Legislators Introduce Bill To Turn Guntown Mountain Into Town Mountain

Editor’s Note: The following was written by Harold Leeder, editor-in-chief of The New Circle Circular, Lexington’s #1 source of fake news you can’t count on.

Guntown Mountain originally opened in the 1960’s and featured carnival games, gun shows, and both can-can and can’t-can’t dancers. Then, over the last 50 years, the attraction suffered setbacks attributed to vandalism, ownership changes, and Barack Obama. However, in 2016 the current ownership group took over in hopes to restore the theme park to its once majestic glory. Arming themselves with hard work and determination, the group reopened the park a few weeks back to rave reviews.

However, it didn’t take long for Cave City’s western theme park to come under fire. Just two weeks after its grand reopening, some local liberal lawmakers have set their sights on changing its name. “We’re not saying you have to cancel your show here, let’s just take the one problematic part of the cast out, we would like it better if the only tool they’d use for their adventures is a Grappling hook” began Wilson “Buggy” Williams, a tree-hugging representative from Bowling Green. “Let’s make a small compromise. We don’t want to stop glorifying violence or impact the open carry of cap and squirt guns you have, let’s just take the gun part out and call it ‘Town Mountain.'”

Williams claims his request comes from the recoil of a recent ‘scientific study’ which showed that “big game hunters from Guntown Mountain are endangering wildlife at nearby Dinosaur World.”

The owners of Guntown Mountain stood by their current signage. “If we outlaw guns, then only outlaws will have guns,” said a guy that runs a place based around the idea of outlaws having guns.

To keep up with The New Circle Circular, like the Facebook page or follow Harold Leeder’s Twitter Account.

Article written by Harold Leeder

44 Comments for Liberal Legislators Introduce Bill To Turn Guntown Mountain Into Town Mountain

1. StuckinLville
    8:49 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Dont cave to the idiots. Stupid liberals.

2. 8 god
    8:50 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

booooooooo this state has literally endured a mass school shooting, and multiple other school shooting incidents, in the last several months. FOH with this one

3. michaelb
    8:51 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Can I ask who is responsible for these Harold leeder entries? I have not even found one of them funny in the slightest & im one of those people that laughs at everything . I think they should just pass that around the ksr office only. It only takes away from the site. That’s just my opinion from the outside looking in . I’d rather see a list of birthdays instead of this . I’d rather read pure rumors about the university of Kentucky athletics than this . I guess it’s better than constantly running down rick patino (which I don’t think should be done at the rate it’s done here). That occurs only because there’s often nothing real to write about. He’s helped build the program we all love & did nothing much to tear it down . That said : this site & the commenters feel way too much hatred towards rick / Louisville . I understand sometimes letting out frustration via commenting just happens sometimes – it’s an epidemic I call “turds for words”

4. michaelb
    8:56 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Somebody’s gonna be butt hurt over this I’d bet.

5. michaelb
    9:01 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Why don’t someone pick one former U.K. Athlete per week during the slow summer portion of the year and write up how great they were in their time period or even something that happened while they were in their hay day . Start with Rex Chapman or Kyle Macy this would be easy and fun and kinda education of our rich traditions

6. UKFootballYall
    9:05 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

I only read the article because I was certain it was KSR’s Matt Jones that proposed the idiotic name change. Oops, my bad. I guess it was just a different liberal.

9:08 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Inserting politics have cut this sites potential & fan base probably 50%

9:12 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

It kinda feels like the first 8 was all about the purity of loving U.K. Sports now it feels like we were tricked into supporting his political aspirations . You can tell he wants that to happen so bad but he knows it will cheddar bob him right in his junk

• Mathlete
      9:29 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

You guys know what satire is, right?

9:42 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Yea & we all love that type of writing when it’s not this

• bigbluebanana
      10:25 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

You mean satire and politics is okay to be written about, so long as it aligns with your political beliefs?

• theWilkman
      10:22 am June 6, 2018 Permalink

I hate to break it to you, michaelb, but inserting politics “haven’t” cut into the sites fanbase/numbers/potential at all. Also, there are tons of articles written every day on this site. If you can’t abide a political opinion that isn’t yours, then don’t read it. It’s quite simple.

7. Cousins Fake Tooth
    9:07 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Wouldn’t shock me at all to be honest if that was true.

9:15 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

50 % might be too big of a guess huh? But it’s happened to some degree cft? The first times he started in on politics I wanted to call in and just kinda warn them of what it might do but I don’t think that would be a much “appreciated phone call”

8. Tango98
    9:12 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Welcome to KSPoliticalR…..are you guys trying to run off half of your audience??? I’ve always been a big fan but I’m sooooooo sick of the political BS. Who sits back in the KSR meetings and says “I have a great idea, let’s periodically posts things that completely divide are fanbase!! I would consider myself the avg UK fan who bleeds all things UK and if I’m being totally honest i would find it hard not to hit the KSR app multiple times a day, regardless of crap like this. But I’m starting to look at it as a necessary evil instead of the awesome site I’ve come to love. And that makes me sad and mad at the same time. Go Cats!!

9:15 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Preach !

9:29 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

I’m just like you , I have to check it out several times per day : just too blue blooded not to

• bigbluebanana
      9:41 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Sweet Jesus folks, it’s KSR’s weekly satire article meant to emulate “the onion”. It’s not real. It’s not funny and never is, but it’s not real either. Some of y’all need to lighten up and quit getting up in arms about everything that doesn’t exactly reflect your political beliefs…that goes for both sides. Quit being little snowflakes and learn to at least try and laugh. We all have great and poor qualities, libs and conservatives. It’s only going to get worse if we all can’t learn to listen before we spout off at the mouth.

9:58 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

We’re saying stop putting political stuff on here period …
      not taking sides of dem. Or republican etc.

10:02 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Why ain’t the post about U.K. Sports ? You do know the title of the site and the title of the show right ? It’s up at the top in the middle

• bigbluebanana
      10:30 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Right…I’m sure you were as passionate in your rebuttal when they spent days talking about fast food?

• Tango98
      10:11 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Come on BBbanana, you are either an infrequent visitor to the site, don’t listen to the show regularly or are totally naive and/or disingenuous. Most know this is a satire but it’s a continuation of the political infiltration of KSR. What I’m saying is why even interject politics (numerous instances outside of this satire) into what is overwhelmingly a fan site? I understand Matt may run for office and that’s great. Selfishly, i just don’t want it on KSR. But I’m probably fighting a losing battle there and just frustrated. Go Cats!

• bigbluebanana
      10:29 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Read it daily for years, comment daily too. Majority of this site is NOT satirical, and when it does venture into things like this, which it does poorly by the way, everyone gets up in arms. It’s always conservatives losing their mind and calling MJ a stupid liberal, then liberals getting upset that reps don’t agree with them…this comes the cycle. If you don’t like politics in this site, then why comment? You guys complain when politics are written about here, then come here and write comments about politics. Absolute textbook hypocrisy.

• Tango98
      10:43 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

BBbanana, thanks for setting me straight! All these years i thought this site was part of the Onion!! I’m going to start hitting Fox News/MSNBC/politico for my UK updates. Pretty sure Reid Travis is going to announce on CNN, so I’ll hit them too:) Go Cats!

• theWilkman
      10:28 am June 6, 2018 Permalink

Matt has never hid his political beliefs. If you can’t stomach seeing an opinion different than yours and are physically incapable of scrolling past them, there are plenty other sites to get your UK news. If it offends as many people as you claim, I’m sure it will have an impact on numbers and hit Matt in the pocketbook, which would force him to reevaluate his priorities. Or maybe you’re just the vocal minority, like the morons who tweet negative comments at players.

9. michaelb
    9:17 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

I’m not saying this cause I don’t like Matt . I just don’t wanna see everybody lose what we have here . We’re all enjoying it & I wanna keep it pure.

10. 4everUKblue
    9:20 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

I have to agree….this site is going downhill. I only come here for UK sports news, more often than not I am disappointed.

9:31 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

With stuff like this article yes you’re right . I think they will “keep the ship on course” god I hope so anyway

11. BBNDan7
    10:15 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

It appears people need to look up the word “satire” before you shake your fist at the sky

• Tango98
      10:23 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

It appears some people need to look up the word “sports” (KSR)….i guess they just want us to fight amongst ourselves, better ratings i guess. ?

10:53 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Thank you for putting that in better words than I can .

12. NiteSyde
    10:36 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

I’m left leaning in many ways, but I agree with what many of you are saying. I find that I’ve virtually stopped listening to the radio show and visiting the site so much because of the continued political rhetoric. Even some who agree with some of the opinions don’t want this mixed with sports. That’s why ESPN has lost Republican viewers. See Jason Whitlock on this, who like myself appears to be a moderate person politically. Anyway, it just isn’t fun. We have NPR…why does KSR need to be THIS!!?

11:02 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Thank you too nitesyde & tango ,for putting it in better words than I could execute .

13. michaelb
    11:07 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Some stuff I can understand being briefly noted on here like when the teachers went on strike & various things of the epic nature . Much of the banter outside stuff like that should be excluded especially opinionated & agenda driven write ups

14. Tango98
    11:17 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Unfortunately we are all contributing to the reason why they post political stuff, check out the number of comments on this list vs others! At least this one is open for comments, usually (every time that i can remember) they close the comments for a non satirical political post.

15. Tango98
    11:20 pm June 5, 2018 Permalink

Go Cats!! Forgot to add to my last post:)

16. henderblue
    7:53 am June 6, 2018 Permalink

I never waste my time reading the satirical “Harold Leeder” bull crap. But I sometimes enjoy reading the comments section.

17. loservilletard
    11:49 am June 6, 2018 Permalink

please don’t post this garbage on KSR. If anyone wanted to read his garbage they would go to his web site.

18. Soylentbeans
    5:11 pm June 6, 2018 Permalink

Just read the headline if it looks like you want read it then read it if not then just move on. It not that hard. If you don’t like what they are talking about on the show or the site don’t listen/read. They seem to be doing just fine with/without you. They can post/talk about whatever they want and if it runs there business into the ground so be it that’s not your problem.

• Soylentbeans
      5:12 pm June 6, 2018 Permalink

*Their

6:57 am June 7, 2018 Permalink

Those articles need to be on another url/website is what the folks are saying . Everybody knows they don’t have to read it or skip over it . Thanks for that half baked statement

• Soylentbeans
      6:49 pm June 7, 2018 Permalink

You’re not understanding that they don’t NEED to do anything. If they want to start putting up stories about double rainbows they can and likely will. Thanks for the half baked response though.

19. runningunnin.454
    5:20 pm June 6, 2018 Permalink

Well, I missed a foot fight.