Ever wanted to take up professional baseball during a pandemic? Now’s your chance!
This week, Lexington’s own Whitaker Bank Ballpark will host a tryout for the upcoming “Battle of the Bourbon Trail” scheduled to begin July 31.
On Wednesday, July 22 at 9 a.m., you can try out for one of four participating professional teams – the Lexington Legends, Lexington Las Leyendas, Florence Y’alls and Florence Freedom – for a $100 fee.
Here are the terms and requirements for trying out:
- Open to all, 18 years and older
- Players will be responsible for transportation to games in both Lexington and Florence.
- Players will be responsible for their own housing.
- Every individual needs to have their own insurance. Be ready to provide this information and a copy of your insurance card.
The Battle of the Bourbon Trail will be 38 games, starting on July 31 and ending September 13, with a potential three-game playoff series to follow. Games will be held at both Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington and UC Health Stadium in Florence, KY.
The four participating teams will consist primarily of former Major League players, former and current Minor League players and Independent League players, along with those who make the team in the upcoming tryouts.
“We are thrilled for this new partnership and venture.” said Legends President and CEO Andy Shea, “We know that baseball at Whitaker Bank Ballpark has been greatly missed and partnering with David DelBello and the Florence Y’alls will bring that energy back to the ballpark.”
For those simply wanting to be a spectator, tickets are available for the upcoming season.
Season tickets are available for $250 (32 games) by calling or e-mailing Colin Dodd at [email protected] or (859) 422-7841.
You can also purchase individual tickets for the following prices:
- $7 Advanced – Box and Field Box
- $9 Day of Game – Box and Field box
- $10 Advanced – Premium (behind home plate)
- $12 Day of Game – Premium (behind home plate)
- $6 – Box and Field Box (group rate)