Believe it or not, Lexington is considered one of the best major cities to drive in, according to a new study from Wallet Hub.

The website took a look at 100 American cities across 25 key indicators of driver-friendliness, ranging from gas prices to traffic delays to everything else related to the road. With the findings across those categories, the study somehow found that Lexington is the 12th best city for driving around; and, with all due respect, I couldn’t disagree more.

The 11 cities ahead of Lexington are in Texas (4), Arizona (4) and North Carolina (3). To see the entire list, click on Wallet Hub’s story here.

Yesterday, Wallet Hub named Lexington one of the “Best-Run Cities In America.”

Today, it should try to run errands in Hamburg or take a lap or two around New Circle.

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for Lexington named one of America’s best cities to drive in and I respectfully disagree

1. TBW3011
    6:04 pm July 11, 2017 Permalink

There was an article posted on KSR in the last 1-2 years stating Lexington was one of the 10 worst cities for traffic in the world. These articles crack me up.

2. LooseGreyGoose
    6:50 pm July 11, 2017 Permalink

As someone who has lived in 8 cities in the past 14 years (lexington included); Lex was by far the best. It is easier getting from one side of town to the other than any other city it’s size. New Circle and Man o War are perfect examples of thinking ahead for growth. Miss that place.

3. PillsburyThrowboy
    6:51 pm July 11, 2017 Permalink

I grew up in lex and just recently moved to a slightly bigger city. I will never complain about Lexingtons traffic anymore

4. BMT
    6:55 pm July 11, 2017 Permalink

I thought traffic sucked when I lived in Lexington. And then I moved to the Washington, DC metro area. Now I’d take the worst traffic Lexington has ever seen over DC traffic any day of the week.

5. runningunnin.454
    7:21 pm July 11, 2017 Permalink

Certainly better than Nashville; that is a wealthy city, and I’ve never seen so many dented Mercedes in my life….I guess they don’t bother to take them to the body shop.

6. 2thepoint
    7:37 pm July 11, 2017 Permalink

Drew, have you really traveled far and wide. I suggest you do. Not only is Lexington far and away easier to drive in than most cities, it is a nice city with beautiful scenery and mostly friendly people. I hope the majority of people believe like so they won’t move here and rapidly change our culture.

7. ukcamel
    10:01 pm July 11, 2017 Permalink

Even for that picture, there is only traffic on one side of the highway. People in Lex should never whine about traffic. Try going to Atlanta or LA.

• You’re right about the ATL!

I’ve never been to LA, but Auburn’s swim coach used to be at USC, and he’s talked about how great it is to live in a small town where you can get everywhere quickly instead of sitting in traffic all day.

8. chrisg18
    9:27 am July 12, 2017 Permalink

Agree with all of the above. It’s all about perspective. You might think it is awful if this is the only place you have lived. I grew up in Louisville and it is way worse during rush hour. Used to sit in stand still traffic every morning on the interstate on my way to school. With some better traffic engineering (ie smarter lights) Lexington traffic wouldn’t be bad at all. Learn to avoid certain areas when UK is in session and you can get anywhere in the city in 25 minutes or less at any time.