Let’s overanalyze this tweet from Jaden McDaniels’ trainer

Photo via Endless Motor

We’re on high alert here at the KSR compound waiting to hear what Jaden McDaniels will do. It’s never wise to read too much into social media posts, but this tweet from McDaniels’ trainer Cartiea French-Toney hints that a decision could come soon:

Today is the final day of the signing period, but that doesn’t mean McDaniels has to make a decision now. He could drag this into the summer and just sign financial aid papers at the school of his choice whenever he wants; however, if he does announce today, it’s feeling more and more like it will be Washington.

Is French-Toney preparing his Washington followers for heartbreak? Or is he about to say goodbye to all of the followers he has from Kentucky? Either way, nothing to do but wait.

[mobile_ad]

18 Comments for Let’s overanalyze this tweet from Jaden McDaniels’ trainer

1. FlatTopsAndBlockedShots
    12:45 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

I’ve only seen negative coming from having trainers closely involved with players recruitment. As far as trainers go the best ones don’t broadcast that they work with “so and so”, “I got so and so to do this better”. I say that even having relationships with a couple of guys that are regarded as high level trainers for top prospects.

2. tmcclan16
    12:51 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

I’m sure this is a very tough decision for the young man! Obviously I would love to see him in blue but good luck to this kid wherever he ends up. Hopefully he has good people to help guide him.

3. CoachCalFan
    1:26 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

I don’t see us losing even if he picks Washington unless
    1) EJ stays in draft
    2) Blackshear doesn’t come to UK
    3) Cant get Todd/Makur to reclassify and commit

Even then we have enough toughness in Sestina/Whitney/Brooks/Richards (most likely to return) and heavy guard play that could compensate for post play

4. jim tom
    1:36 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

This recruiting
    stuff is ridiculous, almost complete cal.

5. meeksfor3
    1:46 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

Don’t worry dude I don’t follow you now and will not after this decision either.

6. VirginiaCat
    1:49 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

I sense that BBN is developing a serious case of McDaniels fatigue. His avoidance of anything that remotely resembles the limelight tells me that Kentucky is probably not a good fit. As Cal has said many times, “I can’t hide you.” Given that he seems like an introverted young man who dislikes attention, I am surprised that Cal has put so much effort into his recruitment.

• Cole28
      1:57 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

It’s odd that he’d even consider being under such a microscope if he doesn’t thrive under (or otherwise can’t block out) such attention. Would be happy to have him, but totally agree it doesn’t seem like a fit for his personality.

• MrPioneer
      2:07 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

Because he is regarded as a top 5 pick in next years NBA Draft. That’s why Cal is putting effort into it.

• UKCatAttack
      6:00 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

I think we are worrying more about it than Coach Cal. By the looks of his social media accounts Coach Cal is enjoying a nice trip to Italy. I doubt he is losing any sleep thinking about Jaden McDaniels.

7. bigcat68
    2:37 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

Tired of hearing how he doesn’t like the limelight. He has the whole recruiting spotlight on him now, and he knows it. I think he loves it.

8. dave1964
    2:39 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

If you are reading this pick anyone but Kentucky please. This kid is a drama queen Richards is horrible but don’t want this kid in blue.

• TonyMontana
      3:55 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

How is he a drama queen, he literally hasn’t said anything at all about his recruitment. Random people are saying random things, its not fair to blame him for the speculation of others.

• Cokely53
      4:11 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

Please pick any other fan base besides UK. You’re such an embarrassment.

• CoachCalFan
      5:22 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

TonyMontana is right, and he is doing exactly what should be done by giving himself time to make the choice HE wants to make when he wants to. To be honest the media which keeps making these pointless articles (that I too click and read) that is making some fans impatient.

• Nice. Managed to slam Richards and a recruit. Always great to see a “fan” who understands it’s all about him.

9. chrislarkey
    5:26 pm May 15, 2019 Permalink

This is worse than listening to MSNBC