Let’s celebrate! Again! (Wednesday Show Thread)

If you need me to tell you what the boys will be talking about on today’s show, you don’t need to bother listening. You should know exactly what they’re talking about on today’s show.

And it ain’t the the Charlotte football game.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

89 Comments for Let’s celebrate! Again! (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:53 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Yes… the caytes are back. Pretty impressive I thought. I am sure someone will call in and complain.

• ukjaybrat
      9:54 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I honestly don’t know what anyone could complain about in that game. there were a couple silly mistakes and free throw shooting still wasn’t great. but it’s early and both of those can be corrected as the year goes on. This is going to be a really fun year.

• Realme
      10:06 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Only took 2 calls in the post game show to get a complainer.

• ukjaybrat
      10:09 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I fell asleep waiting for the post game show. The dog took ME for a walk and I was beat after a long day at work.

• RealCatsFan
      10:17 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I had a dog like that once. πŸ˜€ I’ll be dragging this afternoon because I was too giddy to go to sleep last night. Stayed up to watch the finish of the KU/MSU game. Great comeback by MSU. You can’t ever count Izzo out.

• ukjaybrat
      10:19 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Oh yeah, I predicted MSU beating Kansas. haven’t watched a second of either of them play. just instinct knowing Izzo always has his guys ready for big games. and they aren’t afraid to play anybody, anywhere, anytime. Respect for that.

• ukjaybrat
      10:21 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

My only complaint from last night is that the only Duke fan I know just went to sea for 9 months. So it’ll be August before I can rub this in his face… and by then, who knows what’ll happen πŸ™

10:22 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

MSU made a heck of a comeback in the game last night. They hit shots when they needed to.

• The Rest of the story
      11:37 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Cats were more dominant than the score shows. Duke may be overrated or UK is in another level than them. Even in foul trouble this team did not miss a beat. How can anyone not love the play of the best backcourt in the nation of Ulis, Brisco, and Murray? Damn this team is fast. Lee is being a beast and we all wait for the complete Alex to emerge. Fun year coming fun fun fun.

• CatBlue in LR
      1:07 pm November 18, 2015 Permalink

We looked good, but I think Duke is slightly overrated. They did not look like FF material.

2. CATandMONKEY
    9:56 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Will we be talking about the very relevant Marquette? Stumped. /S

3. ukjaybrat
    9:59 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

18 points, 6 assists, 0 turnovers, 2 steals, 4 rebounds, perfect from the free-throw line… the only thing Ulis didn’t do today was hit a three (0-4).

He BALLED !

10:08 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Where are all of those writers who said Ulis was the 7th best point guard in the country?? I want to shove his performance last night in their faces.

4. secrick
    10:04 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Ky played a good game, the 3 guards are very good. Glad we got them and Duke got Luke Kennard.

• Realme
      10:07 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Kennard looked so much like what I think of as a Duke player (main feature is doucebag hair) that I couldn’t even picture him on our team.

• @BallBlog_Chad
      10:13 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

one time they zoomed in on him and he was curling and fixing his sideburns or something, couldn’t help but smile at that

5. ukjaybrat
    10:05 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

• The Rest of the story
      11:38 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

lol

6. NorthernKYCatfan
    10:05 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I was really impressed with our perimeter defense. We make even simple passes to reset the offense tough on opposing guards. Briscoe will be a look down defender like a smaller MKG

7. Realme
    10:09 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I was expecting a close game, but there was never even a moment to get tense. I feel so confident with Tyler leading the way.

10:13 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Marcus Lee was also amazing last night. Briscoe is a baller and I love his aggression and attitude. Jamal Murray is a rock star. Humphries is further along than I thought he would be at this point, and I am impressed with him; lots of potential.

• ukjaybrat
      10:16 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

“Humphries is further along than I thought he would be at this point”

THIS !

• ukjaybrat
      10:17 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

if it weren’t for Humphires solid minutes, we would have lost that game. with Marcus and Skal both in foul trouble and eventually fouling out, I thought that was going to hurt. But he played very well. Still a lot to learn, but he’s only 17.

10:19 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Marcus Lee, 00 now stands for double doubles. I also thought Lee’s passing was excellent.

• ukjaybrat
      10:22 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, had you told me Marcus was going to have a double-double last night, I would have had to commit you.

• Realme
      10:29 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Agree. Proud of and happy for both Marcus and Isaac. The exciting thing for me is, with the exception of the first few minutes, they handled the Plumlee and there’s still plenty of room for growth from our bigs. They will only get better.

8. secrick
    10:12 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I thought the 4 big men played good as a team.

9. RealCatsFan
    10:18 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I thought Malik Monk was supposed to be waiting for the spring to make his decision – if that is what Matt is talking about.

• JoeMoney333
      10:19 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

That’s the obviously conclusion I think fans will make so we’ll see. Would be really awesome. Maybe another surprise like yesterday morning though.

10:20 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I think that’s what Matt was alluding to. We may get Monk today. Fingers crossed.

10. catdaddyd
    10:20 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Matt keeps slamming the Grayson Allan kid. It was one bad game, I’m not saying he is a HOF’er but he did produce in the Final Four.

• JoeMoney333
      10:22 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

“but he did produce for 21 minutes in one game”

• RealCatsFan
      10:25 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I wish we could have gotten past Wisconsin last year and had the chance to play Duke in the championship. I think Ulis and Booker would have shut Allen down just like they did last night.

• ukjaybrat
      10:26 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

It’s real easy for someone to come in and get hot in one game when there’s no tape on you. Look at cardelle (sp?)jones. He single-handedly won OSU’s NC last year… but now he –sucks– is nowhere near as dominate against weaker defenses. The only difference is that there is tape on him and teams can prepare for him.

Grayson Allen got off in one game last year and then put up a bunch of points against two no name teams last weekend. My grandma could have averaged 25 points in those games.

• UK Big Board Update
      11:02 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

catdaddyd is a huge troll….

11. RealCatsFan
    10:24 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

The guy arguing with Baker was the same “Dale from Frankfort” who called Stoops on Monday. You guys should have Dale on the show – that would be rich.

12. houndstooth
    10:27 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Willie would go Meditate so that he could lower his heart beat.

13. RealCatsFan
    10:28 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I think Alex still has a ways to go in his recovery. Just doesn’t have the same lift as last year. Hopefully he will get there.

10:30 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I think he’s still getting his conditioning up. It’s a hard thing to get back into game shape.

• Realme
      10:31 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Yes, he either doesn’t have the same springs in his feet yet, or he doesn’t think he does. But he will get there.

14. RealCatsFan
    10:29 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Grayson Allen has perpetual douche-face. And who names their kid Grayson unless they are Duke fans? πŸ™‚

10:30 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Vanderbilt fans?

15. bluegrassboy25
    10:30 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

What about Alex getting his tooth hung on the net ?

16. houndstooth
    10:30 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Did Matt Jones just say he was not elite….. hmmm never thought I would hear that.

17. Realme
    10:33 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Did you all see the picture of Booker watching the game last night? So sweet. He was watching the game in his hotel room, just feet in front of the tv, wearing his Ky jersey. Those one and done guys!

• ukjaybrat
      10:37 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

but but but, our rival fans say our one and done’s don’t care about us once they leave. that we are just a stepping stone.

Meanwhile …
      Terry Rozier: β€œI’m a Celtic now. I’m not a Cardinal no more.”

10:38 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Booker is adorable. I still love his bromance with Ulis.

18. JoeMoney333
    10:37 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

• Realme
      10:41 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Dale is one of those horse’s butts that has the nerve to act like a jerk and claim to be speaking for the fans.

• Realme
      10:42 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Oops sorry, meant that to be a new comment not reply.

• RealCatsFan
      10:47 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

What are the “distractions” that the guy is talking about?

19. SomeDudeCRO
    10:40 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

the Burner never gets the credit he deserves when UK great point guards are brought up. wayne turner controlled games defensively as well as off the dribble and distributing to his teammates; the man just had one heck of an ugly shot

10:46 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Turner was a huge reason we won that game against Duke in the Elite Eight in 1998.

• RealCatsFan
      10:48 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Agree – Wojo couldn’t hold Turner’s jock strap in that game. He was totally schooled by Wayne. It was fun to watch.

10:49 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Yet they gave Wojo defensive player of the tournament. Lol.

20. RealCatsFan
    10:42 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I have the feeling that Dale is one of those fans that bring out the haters of BBN.

10:45 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Dale apparently thinks he has the right to voice his opinion, but that no one should be able to challenge him on it.

10:51 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Dale just wants to complain and won’t let Stoops get a word in edge-wise.

21. catdaddyd
    10:47 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Baker always seems a little aggressive, two years ago he got into it with the black female former player now announcer while calling a UK game. And she was definitely in the right and didn’t back down.

22. Living Legend
    10:53 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Matt is trying to lure Dale to call the show!! I hope he does

• Realme
      11:14 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

He won’t have the guts to do so, because Matt wouldn’t let him bulldoze his way through the call.

23. WatchinginCali
    11:10 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Breaking News: Malik Monk has confirmed he is signing with KY

• RealCatsFan
      11:15 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Where is the source coming from?

• RealCatsFan
      11:16 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Never mind – now seeing that Evan Daniels is reporting it. Awesome!

11:18 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Evan Daniels just tweeted it. He’s usually reliable.

• RealCatsFan
      11:22 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

The train keeps on rolling. Had a UofL fan ask me if it gets old seeing these guys leave every year. I said no, the pain of losing them is soothed by the excitement of the next group coming in. It’s like speed-eating at a buffet.

11:24 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Monk announced it on his own twitter account. Arkansas fans are being salty and rude.

• catdaddyd
      11:30 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

They’re saying Monk wanted to go to Arkansas but his brother made him go to UK. WTH Is that to try and keep the razorback fans from flaming him or did he really want to go to Arkansas?

11:47 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

If Monk wanted to go to Arkansas, he’d have gone to Arkansas.

24. Realme
    11:16 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Last night’s anthem was the lullaby version. Don’t see any Malone similarity but maybe I would if I saw then side by side.

25. ukblue22
    11:17 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Please don’t play the Marvin Gay version. The Anthem is not a play thing. If you can’t hit all the notes don’t try, most can’t. Riffing on the Anthem is not cool.

• RealCatsFan
      11:19 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Agree – sing it the way it’s supposed to be sung, not your “interpretation” of it.

• RealCatsFan
      11:20 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Also, not crazy about people whooping and cheering on the high notes. I prefer to give rousing applause when it is finished, and not interrupt the honor of it while it is being performed. But I guess I’m just an old fuddy-duddy. πŸ™‚

• catdaddyd
      11:24 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, that’s horrible. Sounds like the crowd at a movie theater on Dixie hwy.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:31 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

The Fray was the worst…ever.

11:43 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

C & M, I’ll see your Fray, and raise you Rosanne Barr.

26. constantinexi
    11:20 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

To me the only way to top this victory is win the NCAA.

27. houndstooth
    11:22 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

maybe we can get Humphries to sing the national anthem at the game

• RealCatsFan
      11:23 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Roll a piano out to center court and let him bang it out.

28. Classof89
    11:24 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

It should be a crime to butcher our NATIONAL ANTHEM like that! It’s not a concert song!!

• catdaddyd
      11:25 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I hear that’s why his dad shot him.

29. There are no words to describe how horrible that so-called anthem was. Should have had Marlena singing it.

30. CATandMONKEY
    11:38 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Whitney and the Dixie Chicks both did fabulous versions of the Anthem. Doesn’t mean I agree with either of them in some of the choices made but the performances were pretty much flawless.

31. The Rest of the story
    11:44 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

LOL at the fools thinking Matt running for Congress will happen. Really what chance does a socialist liberal like him really have in this state. Just think he loses in a landslide alone in Louisville.

• RealCatsFan
      11:58 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Hmmm, basketball team won, so nothing else to complain about today other than Matt’s political views?

• plumloopy
      12:44 pm November 18, 2015 Permalink

You probably call all Democrats “socialist liberals,” right?

32. ronzo
    11:51 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Jose Feliciano performed his interpretation of the National Anthem at a World Series game in 1968. It is a famous rendition and the first time I ever heard the Anthem arranged differently. He was severely criticized for his performance.

33. plumloopy
    12:40 pm November 18, 2015 Permalink

This quote hit home with me the most. Wow – it’s true!

“While the Harrison twins had size and experience, their halfcourt-oriented style kept Kentucky from playing at the pace where it’s had the most success over the years. The stark change presented by the Ulis/Murray era was on full display Tuesday night with the Cats outscoring Duke 18-0 in fast-break points and 13-3 in points off turnovers.”