Let KSR cure your case of the Mondays (Monday Show Thread)

We’re all moving a little slow today after a long, exciting and exhausting weekend. So let’s listen to Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond as they recap Kentucky’s win over Louisville and what to expect from this team now that the conference schedule is here. There is a long break before we see the Cats in action again, luckily we have a huge win to celebrate over that time.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Topics include:

WKYH (600 am) Paintsville
WLSI (900 am) Pikeville
WPRT (960 am) Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240 am) Somerset
WTCW (920 am) Whitesburg
WBTH (1400 am) Williamson, WV

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WBGN (1340 am) Bowling Green 3-5 pm
WMTL (870 am) Leitchfield 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570 am) Morgantown 3-5 pm
WRIL (106.3 fm) Middlesboro Thur 8-10 pm
WPAD (99.5 fm/1560 am) Paducah 5-7 pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

278 Comments for Let KSR cure your case of the Mondays (Monday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:56 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I ate Shrimp Cup Noodles before the game Saturday… since they won, I’m thinking about eating Shrimp Cup Noodles before every game until we lose.

• Chean Bahunen
      11:49 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

and even if they lose, it’s still yummy lul

2. trey
    9:57 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

My favorite part about Saturday was hearing about our NBA guys talk about the game. With DeMarcus’ awesome troll, John Wall arguing for Cal, and TJ and AD’s conversation during their game, the haters need to shut up about saying our one and done guys could care less about their school. And wasn’t it Rick Pitino who said you can’t build a relationship with those guys in the 8 months they are here?

3. UK_JB
    9:57 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I am tired and sore from moving…

Finally a John Short biggin win! Worth the wait! Can we talk some more Louisville trash? Get any hate email uncle matt?

• Yev
      10:08 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Has there ever been a time where we covered both the Men’s and Women’s biggin’s spread?

4. Fake_TG_Thunder_Shuck
    9:58 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Just as we wrap up the year the ball will drop and so will the temperatures.

5. Oliver Simmons
    9:59 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Let’s keep the celebration going for the next 2 hours! GO BIG BLUE!

6. Facts are Optional
    10:02 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Ignoring all other statistics, for the past two years the winner of the UK/UofL game has gone on to with the national championship. #9 is ours.

7. mrs. cal
    10:04 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Congrats to the men and women this weekend! Both teams beat the John Short spread!

8. LansingCat
    10:05 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Hot Damn! It’s Show Thread Monday on KSR after a BEAUTIFUL weekend win over Louvhull!

9. IBe4UL
    10:06 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Is the RickyP UL “Dynasty” talk dead yet?

10. Yev
    10:06 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I would like to ask the BBN to stop calling Louisville Little Brother, and here is why. When I compete against my Little Brother, I want to crush him, but otherwise I root for him. I never root for Louisville. I hate Louisville, and therefore find the term offensive to all Little Brothers out there. Louisville is like the creepy guy in high school who was jealous that all the hot chicks like the starting quarterback. Maybe we can brainstorm a new name here, but please, stop calling them a name that shows a little compasion. I want more hate.

• Chean Bahunen
      11:52 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

adopted

11. UK_JB
    10:07 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Where is Kevin with all his facts (fakes)? So he owes you dinner?

12. Heath
    10:07 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Listening live today…. I cant take the chance if there will be a podcast. GO CATS!

• AnchorageCat
      10:55 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

What’s the deal with podcasts recently?

13. Winston
    10:09 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Ryan picked again us before he picked for us. He needs to keep our name out his filthy mouth.

14. BlueRedNeck
    10:09 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, Chris Smith doesn’t play for them this year – guess you meant Russ.

• Ukbradstith
      11:47 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

He meant Chris jones.

15. JTurn4
    10:10 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Is it just me or is “Werewolves of London” the elephant in the room?

16. Kidnut
    10:10 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

With the cramp issues for John Wall and now Julius Randle do you think UK will be more proactive with all the players to curb cramps from happening?

17. Alex
    10:10 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I thought we were done but I told the people I was with that if twins and Poythress play well we would win regardless. And lets talk about Alex Poythress and Dominique Hawkins!

18. JackB
    10:11 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Cal outcoached Rick.

I thought we were done when Julius came out the second time with cramps and it was clear he was going to not play or play poorly.

Aaron Harrison is the only player I trust late in the game at the FT line. Andrew and James are killing me late at the line. Julius is a little better – usually hits 1 of 2 late.

19. classof68
    10:11 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt “aged 20 yrs.” He really is pushing 50.

20. UK_Rakes
    10:11 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Randle had 17 in the 1st half……I wonder what the 2nd half would have looked like if he would have kept that momentum. Would we have a much larger margin? hmmmm

21. BackdoorSlider
    10:12 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I throw up in my mouth everytime someone says what a great family man Pitino is.

• Brillo
      10:17 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

same here

22. UK_Rakes
    10:12 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Randle had 17 in the 1st half……I wonder what the 2nd half would have looked like if he would have kept that momentum? Would we have a much larger margin? hmmmm

23. Wild Blue
    10:12 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt,
    I am glad to see you make some of the local sports reporters so uncomfortable. I’ve been following the Cats since the Runts and have always been astonished at how so many of those so called reporters get away with spewing their hatred and biased opinions of UK under the disguise of “fair and balanced” or “we report, you decide.” Keep putting the hammer down on the media and especially UL, Pitino and Jurich.

24. D00ble_D
    10:12 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I talked to John Short at Kroger yesterday, we covered both the mens and womens team spreads and predictions! Go Johnny go!

25. Gunther
    10:13 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

It’s Cal 5 and Rick 1. Yum Center. Rupp Arena. Neutral floor. It doesn’t matter cause Rick can’t handle it so all the Louisville fans need to quit with the ref talk and making articles about it

26. Orange Peanut
    10:13 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Has anyone else seen this from Ricky P 69’s blog?!?\

27. BackdoorSlider
    10:13 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Nice to know that Sandy Bell will put up with Matt groping her for a Cats win. What a team player.

28. JackB
    10:14 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I had cramps my junior year of HS football the first season I started on both O and D. Bananas every day solved it. My football coach started for UK during its 10-1 season – great advice. But I probably had three time the body fat % of Randle. Not sure if that is enough for guys with that high muscle %.

29. DublDownDrew
    10:14 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, maybe you need to move your “Get Fired Up” song from football to basketball “Touch Sandy Bell, Turn Me On, and Knock me down (some free throws)” 😉

30. Al Borland
    10:15 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I also like how the Louisville fans went right to the football game and forgot about the basketball game.

• Rixter
      10:22 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Al, I listened to the Early Birds and Deener’s show this morning, and you would never know there was a basketball game played this weekend…..

31. Heath
    10:15 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

You can’t win in Rupp???? What happened to Russ-Arena???

32. grumpycat
    10:16 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Remember the mexican mafia twins on breaking bad? Our twin were looking like those guys against Louisville. Love it.

33. big j dawg
    10:16 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Biggest News of the Weekend: After a 14 month drought, John Short covers 2 spreads in 1 weekend.

34. Brillo
    10:16 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Pitino blaming everyone else is same as ODAMA blaming everything else

35. Patrick
    10:16 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I heard the dessert special at Porcini’s on Saturday was Humble Pie but all Pitino did was stand outside like a goober with his buddies looking in…like he did after the game with the press conference.

36. mattcat73
    10:16 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I hate to say it but UK looked much better defensively with Randle out. That’s where UK won the game, defensively.

37. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:16 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Sandy Bell was hoping she would get a hug from Josh Hutcherson and settled for the guy who lost to Tracy Wolfson in a stare-off.

38. big j dawg
    10:17 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

U of L fan at Denny’s yesterday told me that UK didn’t beat Louisville, but Louisville beat themselves.

39. Mash Davis
    10:17 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you have to mention the fact that Pitino didn’t even come to the press room to answer questions, and only came out of the locker room and talked to just a handful of reporters. How low class was that.

40. deer in headlights
    10:18 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I thought UK did a great job coming back from 8-0 at the start of the game. It has taken us until halftime to catch up- it only took a couple of minutes- I knew then our team had improved.

41. FnTimeWarner
    10:19 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

My cable went out at half time of game. Jackass unhooked mine when installing someone else. Just got it back. Is there anywhere online I can watch game? Help me bbn.

42. Zoso
    10:19 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Anyone else see this tweet Cal sent after the game? https://twitter.com/ukcoachcalipari/status/417123520254984192

Had to be a shot at Pitino. Love it.

43. Alonzo
    10:19 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt Jones secretly LOVES Rick Pitino, in the same way Rush Limbaugh secretly loves Barack Obama. A comic book level villain that makes for great radio. Every time Rick ducks a presser and whines about the refs, KSR gets a little more fun to listen to.

44. Kidnut
    10:20 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Are we sure that Aaron isn’t supposed to be the 1 and Andrew the 2?

45. Rixter
    10:20 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I read the Courier Journal yesterday, and there as no mention of Pitino’s ‘NBA-Style’ press conference. But, the best I could tell, the presser consisted of Ricky Three-stacks, Paula Deen, Bob Valvano, Howie Lindsey, and Terry Meiners. You can bet there were some tough questions asked at that one.

46. realme
    10:20 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

First, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That was awesome.

Second, If I’m a Louisville fan (God forbid), I am embarrassed by Rick’s behavior after the game.

47. JTurn4
    10:20 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I tried to rub it in to a Louisville fan yesterday, and he immediately switched to how they won a dumb bowl game.

48. Boogie Fan
    10:21 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Was it the Ewing theory that kicked in Saturday? Its going to be a long 9 days until the next game.

49. Boogie Fan
    10:21 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Let’s hear some ‘fax’ Kevin……

50. JackB
    10:22 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Cal 5-1 Pitino with Cal at UK.
    Pitino 4-1 Cal with Pitino at UK.

The UK coach is the superior coach (ignore BCG as a statistical outlier).

51. Call the Ball
    10:22 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt. Pitino’s no-show gave UK fans more of what we wanted. To know just how bad it really bothered him.

52. shannontheprude
    10:23 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt what about the Card Chronicle article is there a better written example of the delusion that exists on Floyd Street. What a joke.

53. johnny shorts bigguns
    10:23 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

We covered on both this weekend- let’s never ask about bigguns again- it’s a miracle we got two in one weekend much less two ever!

54. Delaney Hanley
    10:23 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt wants Rupp Arena to play Journeys Loving, Touchin, Squeezin so he can touch Sandy Bell during the games.

55. Kidnut
    10:24 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I agree about the defense the 2nd half. Randle’s greatest weakness is his lack of overall court awareness. He has really bad tunnel vision on both defense and offense.

• Daniel
      10:42 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

but he’s amazing.. period

56. Oliver Simmons
    10:24 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Rick Pitino spends all his breath at the half & post game blaming his team’s failures on the refs? That completely contradicts his book, “The One-Day Contract: How to Add Value to Every Minute of Your Life,” written about humility.

And all the pregame Fuss about Russ was disappointing. For a preseason Top 5 player in the country, he wasn’t won of the 5 best on the court on Saturday.

57. Rixter
    10:25 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Have the Louisville fans mentioned Russ Smith taking 3 steps backwards and 2 steps sideways w/o dribbling before throwing an outlet pass for a basket?

58. Carlos Danger
    10:25 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

On your superstition… It’s only wierd if it doesn’t work.
    Oh and the John Short spread was met … Men & Women

59. Delk for 3
    10:25 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I just wanted to say that I’m extremely proud of Matt and his willingness to stand up and take no bullcrap from Pitino, Jurich, and all the Louisville butt-kissers in the media. I got your back, Matt. Way to go.

60. crb32s
    10:25 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Hey Matt, the more you talk about the Sandy Bell incident, the more I feel like you guys should start dating. Maybe that is the reason we won. If you guys get married, I’m sure #9 would be ours. LOL

61. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:25 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Kevin Slapnuts was the only guy in America on Saturday who was torn between watching the Portland Trailblazers or Miami Hurricanes football.

62. BigGamePoythress
    10:25 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, just like you’ve said in the past…Poythress plays best in big games. This was no exception. The crowd was electric and the stakes were high and Alex got up for the game.

63. Dougie Fresh
    10:25 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

What can we do to get Rupp like that all the time?!?!?! it is time to start some new Rupp traditions like the entire crowd singing the National Anthem and the crowd only sitting during timeouts the way the old student section9before eRupption Zone) used to do. We expect the best effort from our team every game, why do we as fans not return the same effort to the athletes! Rupp Arena can be haunting for opposing teams!

64. Boogie Fan
    10:26 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I thought the biggest star from Boone County was Drew Barker. I had no idea Hutcherson was that big of a star.

65. paducahfan
    10:26 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Big guards generally wear down smaller guards, particularly if there is no one in the middle as a last line of defense. It was good to see and not something I was sure would happen.

66. lextars
    10:26 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

It looked like Rihanna behind the uk bench on Saturday…anybody else see her?

• realme
      10:33 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Yes, it did look like her.

67. Kidnut
    10:27 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Josh is around 5’5, he recently hosted SNL and has been in a bunch of movies.

68. realme
    10:27 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Can we hear the Yam Center call again? I need to decide if it was fake or not.

69. Oliver Simmons
    10:28 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Sorry Matt. I did NOT retweet your photo of Josh Hutcherson.

70. JRockSaysYouSuck
    10:28 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Johnny Versace loves the Cards

71. Delk for 3
    10:28 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Has any one player improved so much as Russ Smith over four years in college? I gotta give that dude credit. He is so tough to deal with.

• Rixter
      10:58 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

That’s going to mean a lot during his career in Israel.

72. BHoop33
    10:28 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

To me the guards played better because with Poythress at the 4, they have more room to drive. Poythress plays more perimeter than Randle. He sits in the corner making it pretty much 4 out 1 in with Willie. When the guards penetrated, Poythress cut to the basket and got himself open for the lob or dump off pass. If we can find a way for Randle to do that same thing, it’ll help. Yes we want Randle in the post a lot, but maybe we should run a couple sets for him to cut to the basket from the perimeter like Poythress did in this game. Great game all around though. I’ll give props, that Russ Smith dunk was both surprising, and nasty.

73. Ryan52
    10:29 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

There was one young lady behind my girlfriend at the game that kept telling the drunk old lady in from of my girlfriend to sit down the whole game. That woman never stood up. Even in the final minutes of the game, She never cheered or stood the whole game.everybody around her was up bit her. I dont get people like that. If you want to just sit around and watch the game stay home.

74. Kidnut
    10:29 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I would love to hear you mention Rick’s use of the indefinitely suspended player. I guess it shows that he will throw character out the window to win a game.

75. DREWBLUE
    10:29 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Pitino’s VD is effecting his brain like it did Capone.

76. Paducah Patty
    10:29 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Last game I went to was Pitino’s first game at Rupp coaching Louisville. The atmosphere was the same as Saturday. I’m so glad fans came out. I’m having to avoid stress as much as possible because of a medical problem so I did not start out watching the game. I kept up with game on my phone. Once we started winning, I couldn’t turn it on because as the commercial says it’s only ridiculous if it doesn’t work. I turned it on once I felt like we had it in hand. I taped the game and watched it after. So proud we won!!!

• realme
      10:37 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

No stress for the Louisville game? That sounds impossible. Hope your medical issue clears up.

77. Bluegrass
    10:29 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I watched both Men of March shows – Pitino’s entire thing is about his transgressions and Cal’s was all about Player’s First.

If recruiting wasn’t already bad for Louisville, these shows made things worse for them.

78. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:29 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

After the success of the Josh Hutcherson tweet, KSR is going to be replacing Funkhouser with the Teen Beat.

79. L1C5
    10:29 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

After the basketball loss to UK Louisville became a football school. They are going to be a football school until they play their first season in the ACC and play Florida State. After that they will realize they aren’t a football or basketball school and become a chess school.

• Larry
      11:27 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Chess is a little complicated for a school like UL. Maybe they can be a checkers school.

80. Oliver Simmons
    10:29 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I laughed out loud during the entire 30 minute Men of March Madness show on Rick Pitino It was a JOKE throughout.

81. BigBlueMan
    10:29 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

My friend ran in to Michael Shannon (Boardwalk Empire & ‘General Zod’ from Superman) at Chuy’s after the game. He’s from Lexington. Anybody know if he was at the game?

• Kidnut
      10:35 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

That’s pretty cool. He is a very solid actor.

• BigBlueMan
      10:39 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

My friend got pictures with him and said he was cool about it, but he didn’t have any UK gear on. Gotta think he’s a fan though.

82. Tony
    10:30 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

If Ashley pulled up her shirt you may break the record for retweets! 😄

83. Dwayne
    10:32 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

My Pastor when announcing our New Years service said it would end at 9 and then we’re where free to do what we want. He followed up by saying you know what they say: What happens in Louisville stays in Louisville. To which I corrected him after service. I told him what happens in Louisville usually ends up on KSR. He laughed!

84. Paducah Patty
    10:34 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Also needs to be mentioned that if Cardinals play anybody that is anywhere close to being ranked, they lose!!

85. UKGrad93
    10:35 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Shout out to Josh Hutcherson’s parents – web says he moved away from KY when he was 9! Way to keep that UK love alive! Once a wildcat always a wildcat.

86. ukinpa
    10:36 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

840 had a good segment on the Yum center at 9:05 this morning you need to hear it.

87. Hal
    10:37 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

bozich reports pitino not doing his pre-game presser today & only made a blog post. and ricky p likened the loss to a christina aguilera concert because why wouldnt he??

88. CT
    10:37 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Biggest game of the year and my wife and I were told to sit down bcuz the people behind us couldn’t see. Don’t get me wrong rupp was rockin but that’s ridiculous. The elderly man in front of me stayed seated throughout and covered his ears when rupp got loud. This is why we won’t be back this year. I’d rather watch it on tv then deal with that.

89. UKGrad93
    10:37 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Beat the John Short Spread!!!!

90. JTurn4
    10:39 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I played Behanan 4 years ago in AAU, and he was way better then.

91. huntin chickens
    10:39 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

My boys came out and matched uofl’s intensity and looked good. SO PROUD OF MY CATS! LOVE YOU GUYS!

92. Journey
    10:39 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Shannon The Dude —- You are usually on top of these things but you missed a no brainer,,,,,Loving Touching Squeezing by Journey

• BlueRedNeck
      11:00 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Either that or “Touch Me” by The Doors.

93. bill
    10:40 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

besides winning the game my favorite part was my son our friend and i got to see bozich afterwards and just say 5 to 1 and see his face!

94. Heath
    10:41 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

The Judas Little punk…. great line (Pitino)

95. quickie
    10:41 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I am just basking in this win.

96. Laker Cat 18
    10:42 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

It’s actually “couldn’t play dead in a western.”

97. cheercat9
    10:42 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

On CBS, Men of March pre-game show the Pitino clip included him doing a book signing and the first book he signs is for a lady named Karen, LOL

98. GOCAYUTS!
    10:42 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Correction to the affiliates list. It’s *93.5* fm for WAIN in Columbia.

99. quickie
    10:43 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

To be fair to UL fans not being at the game, I suspect many were at their bowl game.

100. Delk for 3
    10:44 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Having to deal with losing Gorgui Dieng and Peyton Siva is much harder than any Louisville fan ever admitted it would be. Siva was a great play-maker and could get deep into the lane and either score or dish for wide open shots. He was relentless at penetrating in the lane. He also paced his team well, and was a tremendous vocal leader. Gorgui Dieng was the defensive anchor and was almost as good as any rim protector in the nation. He also was THE interior offense for Louisville, and had a tremendous ability to draw out defenders with a great stroke from 10-17 ft.. Both guys had unique talents that made them two of the top three players on the team.

101. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:44 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Akoy Agau was able to get back into Pitino’s good graces by scrubbing off the pimples all over his back around the L tattoo.

102. James K
    10:44 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

This would’ve been a great time for Carolla’s ‘WHO?!’ drop.

103. Jewelielou
    10:44 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

If you have Hutcherson on the show it will break the internet. All the high school/college kids (at least girls) know him and would listen.

104. Real talk
    10:45 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Drake is probably the most famous. Multi time Grammy nominated

105. catdaddyd
    10:45 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Did Josh Hutcherson know who Matt Jones is, and is he a KSR fan?

106. T-Mobile is fly
    10:45 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Right now? Hutcherson is the the biggest UK celeb fan as of right now. It could change post-Hunger Games, but right now he’s the biggest. He hosted SNL recently – don’t see other UK fans doing that.

107. Journey
    10:45 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Young UK fans only know Ashley as the old woman with the sweat stains that CBS gives camera time to.

108. huntin chickens
    10:46 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Does anyone know where to find a replay of the game?????? wanna watch it again

• kadizkat
      10:56 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

See way above for link.

109. BigPoppaKDUB
    10:47 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt you have to elaborate on the comments from Rex Chapman and the subsequent bashing he received. I believe he deserved all the bashing he recieved.

110. Devon Downey
    10:47 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

What is palming?

• huntin chickens
      10:48 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

lmao

111. Scott
    10:48 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

matt, you should talk about the twitter feud with Chapman over Ricky P…very entertaining.

• Delk for 3
      10:54 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Rex obviously hasn’t heard Matt’s thoughts on Rick.

• realme
      11:17 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Delk, Rex was scolding Matt for what he was saying on the postgame about Rick. To his credit, Matt didn’t back down, but was completely respectful to Rex at the same time.

112. James K
    10:48 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Well, the big reason he does that is to create space because he is so small, and that created an unfair advantage. I would bet our staff mentioned it to the officials.

113. 9 Time
    10:48 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Link to intro video on Sat.

• trey
      10:51 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Thank you!!!

114. UKBlue
    10:48 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt What about Valvano calling you out

115. realme
    10:49 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Is the podcast going to be okay for today? I keep getting interrupted and missing things.

116. Cats Fan
    10:49 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Definitely the most famous Cats fan. The whole student section gave him the “Hunger Games salute” when center court. The younger generation definitely knows Josh more than Ashley.

117. Sandy Bell's Shoulder
    10:49 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

The crowd singing the National Athem was nice, but Matt’s overuse of the word HAUNTING is HAUNTING!

118. Al/in/Indy
    10:50 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Even if she is a Uvel fan, you have to admit Jennifer L’s better eye candy than Hutcherson…..at least for the male side……

• BigBlueMan
      10:52 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Let Drew Franklin photoshop UK gear on her.

119. Radio Ron
    10:50 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Refs gave the game to U.of L.??…GIVE ME A BREAK.
    What about the THREE times that Russ WALKED….and NO CALLS !!!!!

120. Tony
    10:51 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

We put Young on Jones in the second half and shut him down!

121. huntin chickens
    10:51 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I think they should have included willie more. they had options to get it to him on the lob a lot more often.

122. trey
    10:52 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

During halftime I believe, Doug Gottleib said UK shouldn’t have Dakari in because he couldn’t score in the post.

123. Bluegrass
    10:53 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Vegas has the line for Rick Pitino cancelling his radio show at 2-1 currently

124. James K
    10:53 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Dakari had one play in particular that I LOVED. There was one instance where he saw a play developing and posted up knowing full well that he was not going to be the person shooting. Go back and watch. He posted up hard and when the double came we immediately kicked it to Young for a three. Very smart basketball play. Love Dakari.

125. cantucKYjelly
    10:54 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, when Randle went out it obviously gave someone the opportunity to step up, and I feel the twins done that, and done a phenomenal job! Also I think that’s just what they needed, and it’s only up from here!!!

126. Randal
    10:54 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

It’s fitting that Pitino wrote a book on Humily because no one has been humiated more than Ricky Three Stacks

• Delk for 3
      10:57 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Wow

127. Helen
    10:55 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Loserville….talk about the losing UL president!!

128. Hobokat
    10:55 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Doesnt Coach K dip out on press conferences also? I dont think ive ever seen him do a press conference.

129. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:56 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt got to see the icing on the cake when he caught O’Neil, Forde, and Bozich crying.

130. Delk for 3
    10:56 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Did you guys see Bucky Small Hooves’ video? Awesome.

131. BigBlueMan
    10:56 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, check Cutler’s Facebook comments last hour on Pitino and the officials.

132. Matt Jones' Nosewhistle
    10:57 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

How about both of John Short’s spreads being covered in one weekend?

133. Luke B
    10:58 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Listening to Matt this morning talk about all the UK greats walking around before the game made me think of an idea for “new Rupp.” They should have “Legends Row” of about 10 seats that set courtside for former UK players to set in the first row. Would think it would be motivating as a player to look over and see the legends of UK basketball that came before them. Maybe useful as a recruiting tool, but most kids won’t know the older players, but put J. Wall, Cousins, Noel, MKG, Prince, etc…in those seats and they’ll recognize them. GO CATS!!!

134. Chris
    10:58 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

One thing that’s not being discussed is between Michigan and Louisville this year just how terrible college basketball was last year. Both teams return almost their entire teams and haven’t done anything at all this year vs. teams with inexperienced talent.

135. 79UKgrad
    10:58 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt actually you were 5 for 5 Saturday you also said Marcus Lee was your possible surprise player and his enthusiastic clapping was a key to victory over the “Cwadnals” Go Kayts!!!

136. Dana O'Neil
    10:59 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I don’t like UK/Calipari? Tell us a story about this Uncle Matt.

137. It's time
    11:00 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Fiftino is such a piece of $hit, it’s beyond time to UN-hang his banner.

138. Eric
    11:00 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt,

Please address the “ceiling” for Twins/Randle. Preseason I think you thought Twins were sure fire NBA stars, Randle perennial All-Star.

Today I think twins eventually make NBA rosters, but I don’t see either being real impact players on NBA level. They are solid to me, not spectacular.

Randle I think can be a solid NBA PF, but I don’t think he’s ever as good as THE REAL T JONES who is a better shooter/ballhandler/double double machine..

Thoughts?

• Bluegrass
      11:04 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

smells like a Tard fan trolling

• Delk for 3
      11:09 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I disagree about Randle and Terrence Jones. Terrence Jones is 3 full years ahead of Randle. They are different players, but Randle would absolutely bully Terrence Jones on the block. He will bully most players on the block. Randle is a MUCH better rebounder and I think can score at will on the block. He more than likely will develop a serviceable jumper as well by the time he’s T-Jones’s age. T-Jones is hardly a double-double machine. Randle will average a double double in the NBA.

• Kidnut
      11:14 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Randle can be an NBA All Star, the guy is a beast. I can see Aaron Harrison having a good NBA career but Andrew has a ton of work to do. He has no left hand, almost lost the ball several times on Saturday against UL press.

• Eric
      11:29 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Delk 4 three,

I think TJones is one of the historically most under-appreciated players in UK history.

In 2nd half of Iowa St. Game when Royce White was STRAIGHT PUNKING US OUT, TJones was the first one to step up and challenge White. (Interesting to note Houston drafted both, Jones now starts, White out of the NBA.) Jones is averaging 10 points and almost 7 boards in 25 min per night.

TJones had 50 points in blue white game, with a future NBA All Star Anthony Davis guarding him.

Did eveyone forget the nasty crossover/dunk on the whole team in Hawaii Jones freshman year?

Randle Stuggled against NC Bigs.
      Randle struggled against Baylor Bigs.
      BEHANNAN DENIED THE BALL TO RANDLE TWICE. Go watch the tape. Behannan was being physical with Randle, and Randle just gave up trying to post him up.

TJones 6’9″ 255
      Randle 6’9″248

I think we’ve bought the hype on Randle. Don’t get me wrong, the dude is good/great college player, but read what the NBA Scout that was at the game said. That Go-Left Spin Move will get figured out quickly in the NBA.

I admit I’m a T-Jones guy. When Matt says that it was the Freshman that won us the title, it grates on me, because Lamb, Jones, Miller aren’t getting their proper due…

139. BigBlueCPA
    11:00 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I know shes a UL fan but Matt I have to say that I could definitely “get behind” Jennifer Lawrence in the same sense J-Roc has gotten behind Phyllis George Brown.

140. Delk for 3
    11:00 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Cats have moved up to No. 25 in the RPI. Interestingly, Boise St. is No. 23. Wisconsin is No.1 and UMass is No.2. Providence took UMass to overtime this past weekend before losing.

141. J-Dub421
    11:03 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

How can Pitino whine about the officiating? UK only shot 8 more free-throws than U of L, and 4 of those came in the final minute of the game when they fouled on purpose to stop the clock. The game was very evenly called.

142. Matt Jones' Nosewhistle
    11:04 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I hear Sandy Bell is now supporting playing “Touch me, turn me on, and burn me down” at games after her interaction with Matt Saturday.

• Tony
      11:32 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Great!

143. Ralph
    11:06 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

If I hear that T-Mobile commercial one more time on iHeartRadio I’m going to lose my shit!

144. Chaz
    11:06 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

The post game presser is so much fun to look back on a year later, even if you’re not a fan of the teams. Jim Boeheim, Bobby Knight, Rick Pitino, John Chaney, Bobby Knight Jr. Look ’em up sometime. Sorry Rick doesn’t participate anymore.

145. ryan
    11:07 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

which of these comments was the best line of the 1st hour?
    1) i feel like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs
    2) i feel like a country boy in a room full of sheep
    3) he couldn’t play dead in a western

146. JugWayne
    11:10 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Rick has always been a baby, no matter who he was coaching. Remember the time UK lost on senior day and he canceled the ceremonies?

147. Delk for 3
    11:11 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Akoy A-Sucka

148. Brian
    11:11 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

WHY ARE LOUISVILLE FANS COMPLAINING ABOUT FOULS? All week all we heard was there was no dropoff 1-10. They had all this depth! Why is Wayne Blackshear so important now?

149. Rixter
    11:13 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I think Agoa’s suspension was re-instated after his 30 seconds on the court. And this time, it’s REALLY indefinite! Seriously. Pitino is drawing a line in the sand. Really.

150. Pabloco
    11:13 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Parents, your adorable child should not call radio shows. I’m sure it seems cute to you. It is not.

• Delk for 3
      11:15 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Not a big deal.

• quickie
      11:18 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

It was cute.

• AnthonyBBN
      11:21 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

It was cute, you have a bottomless black void where your heart should be.

151. trey
    11:13 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

You can say meth but not cigarettes on the radio?

152. catdaddyd
    11:13 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Sounds like that guy is still out of breath from sitting upper level in Rupp.

153. JackB
    11:15 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Indefinite suspensions are just that – indefinite. Subject to Rick’s needs and whims.

154. txcatsfan
    11:17 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I can’t believe Vanetti went with the meth and bourbon comment. Louisville leads the country in meth labs.

155. trey
    11:17 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

beating louisville, so easy a caveman can do it

wore mine yesterday

156. C_Cov
    11:17 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

The 40-0 shirt

157. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:17 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Tony Vannetti’s move from the leather jacket to cardigan may be the best symbol of the Cats taming of those dirty birds.

158. quickie
    11:17 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Get the shirt with the cat eating the cardinal.

159. blotto
    11:17 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Make him wear a “40-0” shirt. Oh no, wait…

160. C_Cov
    11:18 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

or the Louisville Doesn’t Exist shirt

161. GtownVZ
    11:18 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Personally, I think the one of the pink UK shirts would be preferable for shaming.

162. AnthonyBBN
    11:18 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

They gave Rick 30 minutes, I’m sure that was 29:45 more than he needed.

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Ha! Great comment.

163. Jewelielou
    11:19 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Is there anyway you can put that video of you in Louisville gear and Tony in UK gear on the website?

164. Bobcat
    11:19 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

The 96 “it’s not the denim, it’s what’s in em” would be a nice shirt and meaningful for Pitino.

165. Bluegrass
    11:19 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Big props for Vanetti being a good sport and a gracious loser

Taking his lumps like a MAN – so un-Louisville like!

166. D-lo
    11:19 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I know Vanetti said he was joking but the comment that ville fans are saying that they were more worried about their bowl game and Uk fans could cheer for their little reg season bball game is such a sore loser thing to say. Basketball is king in this state and congrats on a meaningless russell athletic bowl win. I enjoyed UK’s previous bowl wins but they are meaningless unless its a BCS game. So Louisville fans keep hanging your hat on that russel jock strap bowl b/c when Teddy goes pro and Charlie takes another job you all aren’t going to have many more meaningless bowl games to make you feel better after Cal keeps smashing Rick’s sorry ass

167. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:20 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I’d love to see a fat adult UofL fan a la Handsome Jimmy wear a Kids Basketball Camp t-shirt from when Rick was at UofK.

168. Delk for 3
    11:21 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Do you guys think Rick will try to set it up to bring in Richard as the next coach at UofL? I really hope so. He would be the perfect coach for them.

169. 79UKgrad
    11:21 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

OMG forgot about the Caveman shirt that is your winner!!

170. FordCat
    11:21 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Tony so reasonable when he is on KSR and then such a deuchebag on the Underdogs ???

171. justin credible
    11:21 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

No.1 greater shirt

172. Matt Jones' Nosewhistle
    11:23 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Any shirt in Ryan Lemond’s closet.

173. txcatsfan
    11:23 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Speaking of missed calls. What about the play where Russ Smith ran for a first down Charlie Strong would have been proud of that he didn’t called for travelling on?

174. 2nd Mouse Gets the Cheese
    11:23 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

The “Cal Y’all” shirt that they gave away at his first Big Blue Madness was pretty awful.

175. Wild Blue
    11:24 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

What is your prediction of rankings for UK and UL this week? How much up for UK and down for UL.

176. Lisamac
    11:24 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

What’s up with the rumor that Behanan has quit the team? Ware, too.

177. txcatsfan
    11:25 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Best comment about the game I have seen was Turkey Hunter on Twitter regarding the play of UK’s big men. Classic!!

178. 79UKgrad
    11:25 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I honestly sleeping better t-shirt

179. Melvit
    11:25 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Tony Delk always had problems with cramping

180. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:26 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

An oversized Jamal Magloire jersey would be a good look for a UofL fan.

181. trey
    11:26 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Michael is the ideal UK fan according to Chester. He didn’t have time to find out what caused cramps the previous 40 years of his life because he was too busy watching Kentucky play.

182. txcatsfan
    11:26 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Face it UL fans, you got lucky and were the best team when it mattered in the most watered down year in college basketball for some time and won a title. You are what you are!

183. James K
    11:26 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

John Wall got so cramped up against North Carolina that he couldn’t walk. It was very bizarre to see.

184. HugoCabrera
    11:27 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky fans will literally dig through piles of trash just to find something about which to complain.

It really is unbelievable. Blaming the program for a kid’s cramping muscles?

185. BigBlueMan
    11:27 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Actually you are more likely to cramp the lower your body fat percentage is. Therefore the BETTER you are conditioned, the more likely you could be to cramp.

186. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:27 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Tracy Wolferson actually misheard you guys and reported Julius Randle was headed to the locker room for Crabs. She later apologized.

187. Edd
    11:28 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

To me, it sounded like Cal took a thinly veiled jab at Randle’s practice efforts, when asked about the cramps, during his post game with Tom Leach.

188. Mr. Handsome
    11:28 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Any way we can get the picture of Matt and Tony dressing up as opposing fans on KSTV?

189. Kidnut
    11:29 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Someone should make a 3 Wildcats shirt in the vein of the 3 Wolves t-shirt. Speaking of 3 wolves, here is another product on Amazon that is picking up steam in the reviews section.

190. catdaddyd
    11:29 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

PMS causes cramps. White Castle causes cramps as well. Pintino causes grabs.

191. Walter White
    11:29 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I seriously have no Louisville fan who I consider a good friend. I expect to keep it that way.

• realme
      11:33 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Same here, we must choose our friends wisely. However, many of my friends are just UK bandwagon fans, I can’t really respect that either.

192. The Dude
    11:30 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Come on Matt, lets stay classy. We’re better than that.

193. Bluegrass
    11:30 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I really liked the new Kentucky banner in the student section – was that a one time thing or the banner used from now on?

194. brock28
    11:30 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Tony Delk always had major cramp issues.

195. blotto
    11:30 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I bet Matt looked at Tracy and said, “I think it’s moles…er, I mean cramps.”

196. the_ghost_of_ronnie_lyons
    11:31 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Heard that there was chatter in Da Ville about Chane quitting……. anyone know if that means in the game Saturday afternoon or the team for good?

197. Chaz
    11:31 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Kenny Walker can tell us all about cramps…they come, they go, you play through them. Randle has some lower leg injury history, though, and I hope it’s not related. It was really hard to watch him on the bench for most of the second half in the last big game before the conference schedule starts.

• BlueRedNeck
      11:48 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Yeah, he was looking like his puppy died, even when we had a comfortable lead.

198. Bluegrass
    11:31 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Remember that John Wall had cramp issues early on at UK. He ate bananas before every game

199. James K
    11:32 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Tony Delk used to cramp all the time. He was in impeccable shape at UK, so I doubt it is conditioning in this instance.

200. Oliver Simmons
    11:33 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I just sent a text to one of my good friends who is a UofL fan that said: “Just a reminder (in case you forgot) that we beat you all on Saturday. 🙂 Have a great day!”

His reply: “Boooooo your face!”

HA HA!

201. Delk for 3
    11:33 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I honestly thought we would still win without Randle. He is our best player, but we are so much more than Randle. In reality, he has only the third most field goal attempts on the team. Aaron Harrison has the fourth most attempts, but even he is becoming more and more of a go-to guy on the offensive end. We really only lose out on offense when he’s off the floor, because Poythress can replace his rebounding and actually is more effective as a defender.

202. Really Matt, u have to wave your arms at the producer? Get a little more high tech, like maybe smoke signals.

203. Chane Banana Hands
    11:34 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

• Paul
      11:55 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Don’t buy into the rumors about Behannan (sp) and Ware. Just read Jody Demling is warning people to not spread those kind of rumors. I kinda hope it is not true that they have quit the team.

204. JH
    11:35 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Is there anywhere on the internet to find the full game on replay?

205. BlueRedNeck
    11:35 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Never really understood the hate for Nickelback. Not that they’re my favorite band or anything, but I can think of worse. Is it just a “fashionable” thing to hate them, or is there some real reason for it? Inquiring minds want to know.

• catdaddyd
      11:37 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Over play on the radio.

• AnthonyBBN
      11:51 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

They are a pretty Vanilla and cookie cutter made songs type of band. They aren’t great and they aren’t terrible, but they do make a ton of money, so there is where the hate comes from.

206. Delk for 3
    11:35 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Cramps just come from low body fat, high muscle tone, and not enough hydration. Athletes like Randle have to drink more fluids than they can even imagine.

• quickie
      11:39 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

True dat. The only time I ever get cramps is when I have had to much booze.

207. realme
    11:36 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Radio Ron’s best call ever.

208. BigBlueNASA
    11:36 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you and your radio producer should get some cheap two way radios so you can communicate your scoops during the game and you don’t get beat out by Tracy from ESPN.

209. tomster
    11:36 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I imagine Shannon the Dude will sound exactly like Radio Ron at 80

210. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:37 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Thousands of Pay-As-You-Go Flip Phones were just destroyed upon receiving the “You Lost” text.

• AnthonyBBN
      11:56 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

211. quickie
    11:37 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

If Louisville had won the game Rick would have had to buy all his players a ring and make them promise not to sell it or risk an indefinite suspension.

212. James K
    11:38 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I dated a UL fan for about two and a half years (she was a huge b*tch) and every time Kentucky beat Louisville, I pretended like I didn’t know that the game had happened, and it drove her NUTS. Oh man, I would get such entertainment out of that. It actually made her madder.

213. BackdoorSlider
    11:41 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

So we found out today Matt loves to grope Sandy Bell and basketballs.

214. Kentuckiana Kat
    11:41 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

The TV announcer was wrong when Andrew took the first 2 shots.
    He said he missed the basket, but I believe both shots were actually lob attempts to Willie.

215. Kidnut
    11:42 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

“Reports are that Julius Randle is experiencing severe cramp and his return is questionable. Also of note Sandy Bell has the softest skin and smells of heaven. This is Matt Jones, back to you Mike and Tom.”

216. Rixter
    11:43 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

No mention of Randall Cobb’s “Stevie Got Loose” moment in the Packers – Bears game yesterday? Cobb had 2 catches and 2 TDs in his return from a 10 game hiatus

217. BackdoorSlider
    11:44 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Louisville is a very good Mid-Major team. Great back court and nothing inside.

218. Dougie Fresh
    11:44 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt and Ryan! If you remember correctly when Pitino was at UK he once said ” never put yourself in a situation where the referees can cost you the game! It is never their fault!”

• Rixter
      11:47 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Apparently, Pitino’s mouth was moving at the time, which renders anything else null and void.

219. quickie
    11:45 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Rivalry games are only fun for the winner and Kentucky has had more fun than Louisville over the last five years.

220. STOOPS TROOPS
    11:46 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt I’d tell Tracy anything she wants too. Hope that turned out well for you.

• Rixter
      11:48 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, did you ask Tracy’s mole if it had any news on Randle? The mole is the brains of that operation.

221. DREWBLUE
    11:47 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, you couldn’t get reaction from former UofL players during the game because no one knows where they are.

• Rixter
      11:49 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Try Kentucky Department of Corrections

222. CatsFanInKnoxville
    11:48 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, my best friend’s cousin got married on Saturday at 3:30. How terrible is that? The entire family are huge Cats fans…needless to say, they all gave her a bunch of crap.

• Rixter
      11:50 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

They gave her a hard time, or her weddings gifts were less than desirable?

• CatsFanInKnoxville
      11:52 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Nice! I believe they just gave her a hard time…no actual gifts of crap.

223. crb32s
    11:48 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Matt, please mention the story of John Wall defending Coach Cal to the Wizard’s play by play guy.

224. Matt Jones' Nosewhistle
    11:49 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Better than texting our Louisville buddies, why don’t we get #L1lose2Cats4anotheryear to trend on twitter like #imawilliecauleysteinman did.

225. AT&T
    11:49 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Can we stop with the t mobile holiday commercial. So. Annoying.

226. quickie
    11:50 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

I live in Lexington. I dislike my mayor much more than theirs.

227. BigBlueMan
    11:51 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

This guy has been off on Cal being called ‘John’ since yesterday morning. Much ado about nothing.

228. Andy
    11:54 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

nONE Better is a good shirt for that one Louisville fan http://www.theksrshop.com/style/NCAA-None-Better-T-Shirt/20588088

229. Jax Teller
    11:56 am December 30, 2013 Permalink

Chane just tweeted “I’ll miss this place”

230. Boogie Fan
    12:08 pm December 30, 2013 Permalink

I might actually tune in to that Talkin’ Noiz today.