Lee, Briscoe and… the stupidest topic in KSR history? (Thursday Show Thread)

lee-combine

On today’s KSR radio show, Matt and Ryan will discuss the decisions of Marcus Lee and Isaiah Briscoe now that the return deadline has passed. Then the guys will weigh in on what could be the stupidest topic in the history of the show.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for Lee, Briscoe and… the stupidest topic in KSR history? (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:58 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

Forget Scoop Lemond! We have a Terry the caller calling the right things now.

2. Realme
    10:13 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

I’m so happy Briscoe is back that the Lee transfer isn’t bothering me. Good luck to him. However if he goes to Kansas he’s dead to me. They’re the worst.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:19 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

My younger daughter was upset that Marcus is transferring. He is possibly her favorite UK player – partially because he was a volleyball player too.

4. dale-in-orlando
    10:23 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

Dan Tyminski

5. @GoCayts
    10:24 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

everybody keeps saying that Humphries will really benefit from the extra minutes with Lee leaving, but I really think SKJ will be the guy that gets more playing time now than he was going to … and honestly, I can’t see him doing any worse that Lee … and he’ll hit a higher % of FTs for sure

6. @GoCayts
    10:26 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

I’d say UL, Duke, IU, KU, UNC, then TN

7. BluegrassDAWG
    10:29 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

So by sitting out a year, Lee can finish his degree and probably complete a graduate degree at his new school, all on scholarship. He can still go play in the D-league but really have something to fall back on unlike the majority of the D-league talent. If you look at it that way, it seems like a smart move.

8. J-Dub421
    10:37 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

Ugh, the iheart app is seriously sucking today.

9. J-Dub421
    10:42 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

I hate U of L but I don’t know that I consider them our rival in basketball anymore. A rival has to win some of the games, and we own U of L in basketball. Over the last few years, Duke has been our only real rival in basketball.

• ukjaybrat
      10:57 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

I would say Louisville is still our biggest game rival. duke is just a recruiting rival.

10. Realme
    10:48 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

So how much did Wiltjer help himself by taking a transfer year to develop? He doesn’t seem that much better at the things he was bad at to me, but I haven’t watched him a ton.

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

Supposedly Wiltjer went to Gonzaga to “work on his body,” then had the highest body fat at the NBA combine. He always had a very good and diverse offensive game, but was and still is a defensive liability. All Mark Few did was allow Kyle to become more of a focal point of the offense, while hiding his horrible defense in a zone. Cal always says “I can’t hide you.” I thought that if Kyle really wants to get into the NBA, that he’d have been better served staying at UK and really trying to shore up the weaknesses in his game, rather than transferring to Gonzaga where they just let him do the stuff he already did well.

• Realme
      11:06 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

I’m very skeptical that things will be any better for Marcus.

11. Larry Pratt
    10:49 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

I don’t think Lee ever really fit in at UK. Maybe the year off and a fresh start will help. I hope so. I like Lee. But this spring, he really pooped the bed.

12. dale-in-orlando
    10:57 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

So were the women’s hires of individuals with head coaching experience at the request of AD or actually Matt Mitch? Seems like they know have a few people in place in case a premature termination would occur. Am I reading too much into this?

13. God Family UK
    11:01 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

I think that artificial noise makers are banned from SEC stadiums but if not I think that bringing a pair of horseshoes and banging them together would disrupt the other team.

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

You are correct that they are banned, except for MSU’s stupid obnoxious cow bells…

• RealCatsFan
      11:20 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

Plus it would be too easy for the horseshoes to become weapons when thrown down on the field when the SEC referees blow a call.

14. RealCatsFan
    11:19 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

I like this subject – rating the past UK coaches! But none of these guys were metrosexuals like Matt. 😀

15. RealCatsFan
    11:24 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

I picture Pitino as more of a wine and Martini type of guy. I think the wine glasses were on when he boinked Sypher.

16. W.C.
    11:28 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

No Matt ! The children of 1st cousins ARE 2nd cousins. Rupp was a Bourbon drinker.

17. TomTraubertsBlues
    11:30 am May 26, 2016 Permalink

16, you are wrong. Second cousins are from your grandparents siblings decendents.

And Matt, it’s “with Shannon and ME”, not I.