Last night was awesome. (Tuesday Show Thread)

Alumni Game

We know it’s the beginning of football season, we get it, but last night was an incredible event for Kentucky basketball. All of your favorite former Wildcats gathered on one court to put on a show unlike anything we’ve ever seen. They were competitive, they hustled, they balled, they engaged with fans, they put on a show — it was truly an unforgettable event for Kentucky basketball fans. And we’re going to talk about it this morning.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Topics include:

WKYH (600 am) Paintsville
WLSI (900 am) Pikeville
WPRT (960 am) Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240 am) Somerset
WTCW (920 am) Whitesburg
WBTH (1400 am) Williamson, WV

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WBGN (1340 am) Bowling Green 3-5 pm
WMTL (870 am) Leitchfield 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570 am) Morgantown 3-5 pm
WRIL (106.3 fm) Middlesboro Thur 8-10 pm
WPAD (99.5 fm/1560 am) Paducah 5-7 pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

203 Comments for Last night was awesome. (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

So are we going to get a Witch Doctor to come this week? I want to hear from LJ, maybe we just need some therapeutic healing…but it’s better to be safe than sorry, so let’s go all the way and get the Witch Doctor. Although we could go a step above that and have Peter Popoff have a faith healing event at Commonwealth Stadium, I’m sure he’d love to film it for another infomercial.

2. UK_JB
    9:57 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Doing this from UK children’s hospital. Always fun. Not really.

Looks like you all had so much fun last night. Louisville hate week continues.

3. crazy
    9:58 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

After seeing video’s of Matt play, I don’t know if I can actually take anything he says about basketball seriously….

4. justafish2002
    9:58 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Streaming app isn’t loading

5. Fake_TG_Thunder_Shuck
    9:59 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

It’s going to be cold Saturday morning. Low 40s. Going to need your blue fur coat.

6. C_Cov
    10:00 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

4- Use iHeart. It always works great for me

7. UK2K
    10:00 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt the last few days has shown why Kentucky Football is what it is and will always be that. A Monday and Tuesday following a football win and the week of a Rivalry game and we are talking basketball. Matt this is no shot at u, just saying this is what it is and proves why our Football Program is bad.

8. Pete Thamel
    10:00 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I think this whole OK state, SI, Pete Thamel thing proves how clean UK bball is…cause if there is something shady going on, Pete Thamel is going to find out about it, and discover every detail. There must have literally been nothing for Thamel to find of UK or it would be out.

9. C_Cov
    10:04 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Todays show will consist mainly of Matt talking about how he played at the camp. and wrap up with a little recruiting and football

10. TJ
    10:06 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt I know Darius just had surgery. But what about the other Pros, where were they? Teague, Lamb, Goodwin, Prince, Rondo, Hayes, Muhammad, Bogans, Meeks, Kanter, Also thought u said Magloire and Orton was playing?

11. Al/in/Indy
    10:06 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Almost 20K at a game that meant absolutely nothing except to raise money for a charity, if that doesn’t tell you anything about BBN……Nothing ever will. GO CATS!

12. Jellylegs Johnson
    10:07 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt, after seeing your free throw shooting I have included a link to Kige Ramsey’s youtube video demonstrating free throw shooting. You need it.

13. UK Homer
    10:08 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

After hearing Cal talk about Matt’s bball skills, I am certain he is a frequent KSR commentator on BTI, Corey, and the UK Ex-Pat blog posts.

14. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:09 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

12) Even Kige can’t help Matt’s form…

15. Jax Teller
    10:09 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

We all saw the free throw video. “Matt stay out of the way” was the best offense.

16. Stoops
    10:10 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Does Matt, Drew and TT know how honored and humbled they should be to get access to the Basketball Program and be able to do the things they do that most of us fans only dream of?

17. realme
    10:11 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I thought Deandre was going to hurt MKG. He was defending like a crazy person.

18. Jax Teller
    10:12 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Was Free Enes there?

19. realme
    10:12 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Teague!

20. satcheluk
    10:14 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Not a peer?

21. Edd
    10:14 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I have it on good authority that Doran Lamb was cuffin’ last night.

22. Bluegrass
    10:15 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Did the players get to use the nice new locker room last night?

23. Lets not forget this is RIVALRY week
    10:16 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt I’m fine with some alumni game talk, it was a GREAT event…. But one segment will do. I’m PUMPED for the game this weekend. Lets spend alot of time on the game this Sat.

24. UK2K
    10:16 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Why doesn’t people think Ulis could grow some in the next year?

25. Ole D-white
    10:17 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Doron was in Lexington based on his Tweets.

26. realme
    10:17 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

24, he honestly growing better if he’d go to BSM.

27. L3C8
    10:18 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I have to say, I took my son (his 1st game ever) and I walked down on the floor afterwards, well as I was walking I looked down and my son had this, “I just saw Big Foot” look on his face, so I turn and sure enough, Okafor is standing right next to me, I started laughing and said, man where is your UK shirt, he started laughing and I asked him if he had a good time, he smiled real big and said, I had a great time. Well I also seen behind him, Ulis (SMALL) Booker and a few of the 2015 recruits. I’m HOPING Okafor has flopped from The Blue Bums to the BLUE NATION. He is HUGE. We had a GREAT TIME and I’m SO GLAD I took my son.

28. Joe knows
    10:19 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

#ThingsbetterthenUKfootball … Lorena Bobbitt

29. Jay in Lyndon
    10:19 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

We should lose Saturday but, the average UofL fan thinks they could beat the Jacksonville Jaguars. It is utterly ridiculous. Their head is so far in the clouds it is amazing. Just hoping for some BBN magic or at least a good scare!

30. Josh_UK
    10:19 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Can Shannon open up a segment with the Overhead Door of Lexington song that is playing on the Lexington radio station?

31. Beemagic
    10:20 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt – you gotta get rid of that over head door of Lexington commercial. That was brutal to sit through.

32. satcheluk
    10:21 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

The line for the game seems to be UL -13.5 and over/under 59.5. How do you feel about these bets?

33. Travis
    10:21 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

The Alumni Game was a great event for fans, recruits and most importantly, all of the charities and organizations who received money. I loved how the former players embraced the fans and signed autographs, as well as gave their jerseys, shoes, etc. after the game.

34. L3C8
    10:21 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

We met Marcus Lee (GREAT KID), Floreal (Also Great), Dakari (Great). I got a pic of My Nephew, Son and I on the flood IN RUPP. I’ve been going for 30 something years and never got ON THE FLOOR, well my son’s 1st visit, we get on the floor. I must say, I need to take my son everytime from now on. I was nervous taking him, but he had a GREAT TIME.

35. C_Cov
    10:22 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

31 – Im not complaining, at least the DAAAAD SLOWWWW DOWNNNN!!! commercial is gone

36. Jax Teller
    10:22 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I’ll tell you what Mandy wasn’t wearing…a dress. Ryan says she doesn’t look good in them.

37. Coach Mark Stoops
    10:22 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Thanks for your Support of our Football Program

38. cracka
    10:23 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

over the next few years, the talent, the execution and the expectations will continue to increase for uk football … there will be more excitement and talk about the upcoming game … but for now, the idea is “we’re the underdog, we hope we win … we could, but if we lose, it just doesn’t mean much” … so don’t expect a ridiculous amount of football talk on a tuesday, the day after the alumni game

39. Ltrain
    10:23 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt, did Magloire not show for fear he and Boogie would rumble?

40. Kidnut
    10:24 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Storming the field is lame

41. satcheluk
    10:24 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Storm the field! Two reasons: 1.UL should go undefeated. 2. Stoops first big upset.

42. Ole D-white
    10:25 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

You storm the field because it absolutely destroys any chance they had at an unbeaten season and the 0.000001% chance they had at a championship game.

43. inlinefor9
    10:26 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

NO WAY we storm the field! We shouldn’t have done it in 2007. It should only be reserved for wins over legitimate programs and breaking streaks like the UT streak. I’m under 30 and think it’s completely out of the question we should ever storm the field for beating UofL.

44. Rockfield, KY
    10:26 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt,

Heard a song this morning that was a tribute to Conway Twitty called “Goodbye Darlin.” Sung by the daughter of one of his long time employees. Her name is Kelly Lang. You may have heard it before but this morning was the first time I’d ever heard the song.

45. Delk for 3
    10:26 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I think we can win this game. I just think this team has a fighting chance with the new coaching staff. I also do not think Louisville is all that great. I personally watched a mediocre South Florida team take Louisville to the wire (and should have beat them) last season at Papa John’s.

46. Jax Teller
    10:27 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Cincinnati just lost to Illinois. Badly.

47. L3C8
    10:27 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

WHAT IS JAMES SMOKIN? I NEED SOME OF THAT.

48. EricInPaducah
    10:27 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt, if we beat Louisville, will you hold up your promise to sport gear for the team that beat the Cards and wear UK gear next week? Seems like a bold step.

49. realme
    10:27 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Dumbest caller ever.

50. C_Cov
    10:27 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Keep it classy, dont storm the field. Makes us look pathetic in my opinion

51. tlhoag65
    10:27 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

just lost the iheart radio connection…

52. Delk for 3
    10:27 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Go ahead and storm the field. This team and coaching staff would deserve the celebration.

53. Wedding Planner
    10:27 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Any update on why Kanter, Teague, Lamb were not there?

54. Jeff Shephard
    10:28 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Why didn’t Cal invite me to the alumni game last night? Maybe I shouldn’t be opening yogurt shops around Kentucky?!!!

55. catscatscats
    10:28 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

It’s not that we shouldn’t storm the court because we think we are good. We don’t storm the court because it is a compliment to Louisville’s football program. Indiana storming the court when they beat us was embarrassing. Let’s not do the same thing.

56. Bluegrass
    10:28 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Uh oh … Les Miles getting in trouble?!

57. L3C8
    10:29 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Fav matchups last night:
    Liggins/Gilly
    Jones/Patterson
    Wall/Knight – FAVORITE

Cuz as a coach, #$%* YEAH, He was SO FUNNY.

58. inlinefor9
    10:30 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Delk for 3 – I hate to say it but UofL is a really good team this year. They might not play anyone all season, but they are definitely a good team. I watched them many times last year and they are significantly better than they were during the regular season last year. The UF game wasn’t a fluke, they are a legit Top 10 team this season. Unfortunately.

59. CATandMONKEY
    10:31 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

No, to storming the field. It only grants the enemy more legitimacy…at our expense.
    Would love to see a win but don’t see our secondary keeping up with Bridgewater for four quarters.

60. Travis
    10:32 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

#36…Or the boots too, Jax. I think Ryan should have a change in his heart of hearts.

61. Wildcat willy
    10:32 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt, how much of an attachment do you believe John wall and some of the other guys particularly him Brandon knight still have to uk and our program? I guess what I’m getting at is are they here for calapari or uk?

62. Delk for 3
    10:32 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I’m very proud of the audience’s reaction to DeAndre Liggins. You don’t know what happened and you don’t need to judge. DeAndre has been a good guy and this is the first time we have heard of anything like this. People make mistakes. As long as they show true repentance, you support them all the way. Go DeAndre. I’m praying for you man.

63. satcheluk
    10:32 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Cats-We should never storm the court, but storming the field is acceptable until we achieve elite status like the basketball team. If we upset a top ten, in-state rival, national title contender led by a Heisman candidate who’s team is on a winning streak against us, then that is enough reason to storm the field.

64. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:32 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I think our only chance to win is not if Louisville has an “off day”, our only chance to win is if UofL has the day off.

65. realme
    10:32 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I would love to hear a statement from Liggins saying he is going to get help, and noone should ever do what he did. And he may deserve to go to jail. That said, I’m glad we were nice to him last night, he’s probably having a rough time right now.

66. Ole D-white
    10:32 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

iHeart Radio keeps going in and out.

67. Doo Doo Brown
    10:33 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Storm the field vs a team we beat 4 out of the last 6 games? Uh no, eff that!

68. Eli Capilouto
    10:33 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

You darn kids stay the hell off my lawn (field) unless we beat Florida or bama, in which case PARRRTY!!!! On my lawn (field).

69. E.P.
    10:34 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

We should storm even if its close. In my opinion, a close win against us would still crush Louisville’s BCS chances considering how bad we are.

70. Cats
    10:34 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Don’t charge the field… If we ever don’t want to suck we need to not act like we suck when we win big games

71. University Of Kentucky Atheletic Dept.
    10:35 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Cease and desist the incitement of a riot, aka encouraging the storming of the field.

72. BigBlueKermit
    10:35 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I think BBQ Univ. won and NIT back in 1950

73. Doo Doo Brown
    10:37 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

We’re better than storming the field against an AAC school who we don’t respect and have beaten 4 out of 6. Anyone wanting to storm the field is more into ridiculousness than UK football.

74. satcheluk
    10:38 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

When you say BBQ U, are you referring to Memphis, Texas, Kansas City, North Carolina or Korean BBQ?

75. Jennifer
    10:38 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I think it’s fine if we storm the field, but sort of a slap in the face if we don’t. Like, meh, Louisville.

76. Ole D-white
    10:38 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

How awesome was it seeing Joe Crawford and Randolph Morris on the sidelines last night??????

77. Doo Doo Brown
    10:39 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Win or lose, UL is going to the same BCS bowl for winning the AAC which is a BCS conference.

78. CATandMONKEY
    10:39 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Mmmm…Korean BBQ

79. inlinefor9
    10:42 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Ha! He was the guy that set picks in pickup games at the park as a kid

80. J
    10:42 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Hey did Ryan get Zeus’s phone number?

81. Wedding Planner
    10:42 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Um.. any news on the recruits that were there? Like the freaking #1 player in the country??

82. BigBlueKermit
    10:42 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

From Matt’s opening story perhaps he is “Mr. Freeze?”
    See minute 4:03

83. Razr Raybob
    10:42 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

MATT on Big Brother would be great!!!
    He would last about 10 Minutes.

84. Goob
    10:43 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt Jones, you don’t get to tell everyone not to rush the court in basketball.

85. satcheluk
    10:44 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Doo Doo- The AAC has no BCS bowl affiliation.

86. Delk for 3
    10:44 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

58 — How do you know they are “significantly better” than last season’s team? Does a 44-7 win over that Division-II juggernaut EKU really impress you that much? Saying they are “significantly better” than last year is just pure speculation. The reality is that the win over Florida last season is not all that impressive. Florida was quite the mediocre squad down the final stretch of last season. This was evidenced by the close 7-pt. wins over weak teams in both Mizzou and the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajun in the final month of the regular season.

87. True blue
    10:45 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Our mentality as fans should be that UK is gonna WIN this game until the clock hits 00:00 and the scoreboard says different we are GOING to win.

88. Delk for 3
    10:46 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Poor Johnny. He has been brainwashed by some crazy Republican who probably drives around still with a “W.” sticker on the back window.

89. L3C8
    10:47 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt, look I along with you, think UL WILL beat us Sat, BUT….. hear me out:

The rest of this week, BBN needs to stand up and do 1 thing, GET LOUD, BE PROUD AND PUT A STOP TO THIS “YEAR OF THE CARD”. We need to come out loud so they can’t hear Bridgewater, we scream the whole game. This crowd needs to be the loudest of all time (Football wise). This week needs to be where we put our foot down as hard as it would be, and put an end to this stupid “year of the card” IF WE COULD PULL THAT OFF, The Air immediately goes out of their sails and they will still be sitting in the stands with their mouths wide open with a dumbfounded look on their face like WHAT JUST HIT US.. @ENDOFTHECARD

90. Kidnut
    10:48 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I just think the whole storm the field is very played out

91. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:48 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

McDonald’s University is the biggest rival to Barbecue University. As in everybody that goes to school there is much fatter.

92. Doo Doo Brown
    10:49 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

85. Yes they do. They inherited the Big East’s BCS automatic qualifier status. Someone from that conference is going to a BCS game.

93. Delk for 3
    10:50 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I love Joe Crawford. What he did during his last season was nothing short of remarkable. He put his team on his shoulders and carried them. He almost carried that very mediocre team to the second-round of the tournament. He was absolutely on fire during the second half of that season. He was hitting on all cylinders.

94. STORM THE FIELD
    10:50 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

WE SHOULD OF STORMED THE FIELD & TORE DOWN THE GOAL POSTS AT HALF TIME OF THE SO. CAROLINA LAST YEAR. THEN WE WOULD HAVE BEEN DISQUALIFED & NOT PLAYED THE 2ND HALF & EVERYONE COULD OF TALKED ABOUT IT FOR THE REST OF THERE LIVES. EVERYONE KNEW WE WHERE’NT GOING TO WIN.

95. bigbluejon
    10:50 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

What song was that coming back from break?

96. CatsFanInKnoxville
    10:52 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I keep trying to convince my wife that we need to name our first child (whenever that happens) Za’Darius…boy or girl.

97. Bucky Small Hooves
    10:52 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

After the Western game, I was about to call him Za’Disappointment.

98. kramer
    10:53 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Just found out get to go to UK-UL game Saturday!!! Go Cats!

99. Delk for 3
    10:55 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

The U.S. men’s national soccer team has a huge game tonight vs. Mexico. They need the win to qualify for the World Cup next summer.

100. satcheluk
    10:55 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Doo Doo- According to Wiki, they have no bowl affiliation. They lost any direct ties when the Big East fell apart.

101. Jax Teller
    10:56 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

If you haven’t, do yourself a favor and read the SI report on Oklahoma State. Part 1 of 5. If the other 4 are even close to this they are probably in some major trouble.

102. satcheluk
    10:57 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Delk-I’ll be watching. Here’s hoping we can pull it off despite being down 4 due to yellow card accumulation.

103. realme
    10:58 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt I promise not to do any drunkern driving.

104. Feel the excitement
    10:58 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

98. I just found out yesterday that I’m going as well. I’m super pumped. We need to SHOW up to cat walk and BE LOUUUD.

105. Edd
    10:58 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Walter White is THE ONE WHO KNOCKS, and WE ARE THE ONES WHO STORM THE FIELD.

106. RP
    10:58 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

YES you storm the Field. If my Gators find a way to win another game this year I might storm the field in Gainesville.

107. inlinefor9
    10:59 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I think storming the field is admitting respect and considering that program to be of a top tier status. UofL has a great team right now, but they aren’t close to an elite program. Storming the field is saying “You’re program is better than us. We never expect to be favorites in this game and a win is always a surprise.” I don’t see UofL that way.

108. Bleed Blue 420
    11:00 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Joe and Denny are on a Rival network. They are on a Cumulous Radio Chanel. They were an alternative to Sue Wiley.

109. inlinefor9
    11:00 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

satcheluk – The AAC still has the Big East BCS berth this season. I think that changes after this year, but for this year, whatever team wins the AAC will go to a BCS bowl game.

110. Doug the Prosecutor
    11:00 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Storm the field if we win on some crazy play at the end, where we’re still under the euphoria of the play, like the “Stevie Got Loose” play, or an interception in the end zone like the South Carolina win in 2010. But if we’re up by 10, run out the clock, and take a knee, don’t do it.

111. DrSayre
    11:01 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Dear Lord, thank you for all your blessings, please God…if it be in accordance of your will…please allow The Truth to call in during the Matt Jones/Joe B show!

In Jesus name we pray, amen.

112. out of office
    11:01 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Kentucky basketball should only storm the court for national championships and final four wins. Kentucky football is different. I say any win aganist a top 10 opponent and OF COURSE if you get to ruin louisville’s dreams of an undfeated football season.

113. RP
    11:04 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Also if you guys arent going to use Toles I will take him in a trade for Jeff Driskel

114. Linda Taylor
    11:05 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I just checked the AAC website and they do indeed have a BCS berth through the 2013 regular season.

115. inlinefor9
    11:07 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Delk for 3 – In both games this season UofL could have put up 60+ if they liked. These teams were terrible, but UofL blew them out of the water. They have a terrible schedule, but they are a good team. Their defense hasn’t shown any signs of being weak. Their O-Line is strong. Bridgewater is a legit QB who is currently the #1 projected QB in the draft and is a top 5 (probably top 3) Heisman pick right now. They have tall, strong, and fast WRs. They have a strong SR running back and they added Dyer who, with all his faults off the field, was a star as a freshman at Auburn. What about that makes you think they aren’t good this year?

116. Jax Teller
    11:08 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I’m with Matt here, I read some of them, hardly any were funny. “#ThingsBetterThanUKFootball: WKU”

117. satcheluk
    11:08 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

in line- Doo Doo first commented that UL would go to the same BCS bowl whether or not they lost or went undefeated, so I replied that they have no direct bowl affiliation, so his statement was wrong. They will go to a BCS game, but which was is not set because the the AAC has no direct bowl affiliation.

118. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:09 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Things better than UK football…any other football.

119. Turner the Burner
    11:09 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

$81/ticket is a little too steep for me this season

120. Dickie Z
    11:10 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Tickets are $81 with fees for bad seats. That’s why it won’t be sold out….

121. UKJon
    11:12 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Pitino took the team around Kentucky for Blue-White games

122. Dickie Z
    11:12 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Why wasn’t there any chanting of recruits name’s last night? BBN let us down. The people around me didn’t even know who Harris or Prickett were…sad.

123. Stand up BBN
    11:13 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Come on guys we need to buy these tickets up!!! We need a huge home field advantage Saturday and I don’t want to see anymore of that ugly red in our stadium. It’s just more seats that will need to be bleached.

124. Brent
    11:13 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt,

Those traveling Blue-White games continued until the Pitino era. The NCAA discontinued them in the very early 1990s.

An example was that the UK cheerleader Dale Baldwin who was paralyzed in 1986 had his accident at Freedom Hall prior to a Blue-White game being played in Louisville.

125. Doug the Prosecutor
    11:13 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

The NCAA didn’t ban the touring intrasquad scrimmages until the early 90’s. I saw a U of L intrasquad scrimmage at Allen County High in 1989 and at Monroe County High in 1990. I think they banned those games pretty soon after that, so your boy may have seen Rex at Knott County in the late 80’s.

126. CM Newton
    11:13 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt

ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE WRONG THE NCAA DID NOT STOP THE PRE SEASON GAMES AT HIGH SCHOOLS UNTIL PITINO”S SECOND OR THIRD YEAR

127. inlinefor9
    11:14 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

satcheluk – Gotcha, my bad. For whatever reason my computer Internet Explorer doesn’t show the numbers by the names, so it’s nearly impossible for me to follow things on here. Had to jump in mid-stream.

128. Bulldawg
    11:15 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt, that caller was correct. Rex Chapman was Sean Woods’ replacement during Richie Farmer, John Pelphrey, and Darren Feldhouse’s barn storming tour. They came to Harlan and played in Harlan’s gym along with several other gyms across the state. Rex may not remeber it but I was there and so was he. They played against Nick Sanford and company…

129. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:15 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I just woke up from a dream involving Zeus and Ryan and it was a nightmare.

130. UKJon
    11:15 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Saw Jamal, Richie and the gang at two high school preseason blue-white games in the Somerset and Winchester area

131. Mike13
    11:15 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

81 dollars for a Kentucky football game home ticket is ridiculous. That’s 160 for a couple plus food drinks parking and gas. Would love to go, but if the administration truly wanted to make the game a sell out they would offer reasonable ticket prices!

132. Ole D-white
    11:15 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Why hasn’t UNC got in trouble yet for the academics scandal that’s been going on for the last decade?

133. Jellylegs Johnson
    11:16 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Papa John is the Big Boy of the pizza world.

134. satcheluk
    11:16 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

in line- No problem. I have the same problem.

135. SMH
    11:16 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Listening to yesterdays podcast, Matt still bashing James Youngs game. Remember his Kyle Wiltcher is better than Michael Kidd-Gilchrist take? Or Cauley-Stein should start over Noel? Stop with the player evaluations Matty Boi.

136. inlinefor9
    11:16 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

He’s probably familiar with your work because they sold out of free pizza a couple years ago when the pizza code fiasco took place

137. Jax Teller
    11:18 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I heard Poop U had to get past Fart State on their way to the title last year.

138. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:18 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

If UK beats UL, I’m definitely storming my back patio.

139. Delk for 3
    11:18 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

115 — I agree about their offense. They have great skill players. I just do not think they have a top-tier defense and I think Neal Brown will expose that defense this Saturday. This game will be a high scoring affair.

140. Edd
    11:19 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I would feel like storming the field or court if Danny ever decided to not take the contrarian point of view.

141. Milescat
    11:19 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Storm the field. People forget we are going to face Florida, South Carolina, and Alabama. Let the kids celebrate!!

142. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:19 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Papa John looks porcelain because he has a permanent layer of pizza dough flour on his face. Its a marketing ploy.

143. Smitty
    11:19 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt, Where is Fart State located?

144. TylerH
    11:19 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I would advise against hanging on the goal post with a broken finger

145. Linda Taylor
    11:20 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Google Chrome shows the numbers of the posts. IE doesn’t.

146. Chris
    11:20 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Danny is to KSR what Eeyore is to Pooh.

147. haircutz barbershop
    11:20 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

No u don’t storm the field but if we beat Alabama then u storm the field without question

148. inlinefor9
    11:22 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Delk for 3 – I hope you’re right, just think their secondary is good. At least good enough to beat us.

Obviously Smith is a better passer than Whitlow, but I was a little disappointed last week. He had quite a few throws that were behind receivers, late, or didn’t have the speed needed. He had some great passes also, but these made me worry. Hopefully it was just a QB shaking off the rust after not really playing in about a year.

149. eddiec
    11:24 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Is L snot the Matt Jones on the Louisville side?

150. B Harmon
    11:24 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt, I would say the 2006 Louisville game the year Woodyard broke Bush’s leg was the widest gap in talent or at least comparable to this year. Also if a student does not get a large card board cut out of Bridgewater dressed up as a girl from earlier this year at the game then I am losing faith in the current students #Louisville Girls Are Ugly

151. Chris
    11:25 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Referee guy better wait till the UL players leave the field because he may be shot or beaten with a hairbrush.

152. Earache
    11:27 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I’d storm

153. Nathan
    11:27 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

When will referee guy graduate? I think he’s been there since Tubby!

154. psguk59
    11:27 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I’m going to Storm the Field if we win and I’m not going to the game!!!!!

155. Smitty
    11:28 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

What’s not to understand? Top class with Wall and Cousins and they didn’t make the Final Four. Last year people jumped the gun by talking and then they went to the NIT. People are keeping quiet… a good thing

156. Doo Doo Brown
    11:28 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Kyle Wiltjer is gonna surprise some people but MKG will take a while so lower your expectations – Matt Jones

157. Al/in/Indy
    11:28 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I’d be storming……if there wasn’t an already appointment (wedding). I hope they have the worse brats in history for planning a wedding then.

158. Brisk
    11:28 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Me and my papa john’s action figure are storming the field.

159. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:29 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Brad Pitt tweeted he wishes he looked like Julius Randle. That caller was so right about everyone wanting to look like Julius.

160. JBazz
    11:30 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Imagine this team if Andrew Wiggins had decided to come here. WOW. 40-0 would be inevitable.

161. jp
    11:33 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

What was that last song going into commercial that is kind of techno?

162. JR
    11:33 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Shannon, nice! M83 midnight city is awesome!

163. Waxeater In The News
    11:34 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

You could ask Fake Joe B to do the show. Almost as good….

164. Jeff Garlin
    11:36 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

What kind of sandwich is Tyler Thompson making you guys today?

165. q
    11:36 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Rushing the field if we beat Louisville is absolute proof of a lack of class and maturity.

166. Delk for 3
    11:36 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Is Louisville all that great? I don’t think so. Yeah they beat Florida good, but is that a true reflection of how good Louisville is? I’d say no. Look at the closing weeks of the regular season. They had a two-point victory vs. South Florida, an overtime win vs. Cincy, a 19-point LOSS vs. Syracuse, a home loss vs. UConn, and a 3-pt. win vs. Rutgers.

167. eddiec
    11:37 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

the blue crazies are out today.

168. quickie
    11:38 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Adults with children whether they are with them or not do not rush a field.

169. haircutz barbershop
    11:38 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matter of fact I take my last comment back yes we storm the field u beat a top 10 team and we’re not that good

170. quickie
    11:39 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt is being silly and is not right. Showing a lack of class is not dependent upon your win and loss total.

171. confucius
    11:39 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Zeus Hernandez was somebody’s little bother. Sometimes little brother pumps a little iron, runs 5 miles a day while big bother has mono. The key is big bother needs to get healthy.

172. quickie
    11:40 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I’m done with this silliness for today.

173. chris
    11:41 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Ryan was overheard asking Zeus Henandez to hit im in the head with a ball.

174. inlinefor9
    11:41 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

“A skillet upside the head isn’t such a bad thing” ohh boy

175. WestWorld
    11:41 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

If we’re going to rush the field – the least we could do is tackle a UL player, rip off their chin strap and run.

176. L3C8
    11:42 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt this ISN’T about Football, I agree with u TOTALLY HERE, UK fans seem to have a HUGE problem when it comes to admitting UL football Is above UK football. WE STORM THE FIELD, end of conversation. WAKE UP UK FANS AN QUIT MAKING THE REST OF US UK FANS LOOK BAD. Admit they r better right now an lets move on to beating these silly birds an not looking back!!! LETS NOT FORGET #WEAREUK

177. Bucky Small Hooves
    11:43 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

UK fans need to storm the field because its something UL fans can’t do. If one storms the field at UofL, you risk mutation because of all the toxic waste. Maybe the UL fans do need to storm the field, mutation could do them some good.

178. Doo Doo Brown
    11:43 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

If we beat UL in basketball we have to storm the court. They are defending National Champions and will be top 5. Lets start this trend Matt Jones.

179. Delk for 3
    11:43 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I know Billy Reed personally. I know Matt doesn’t like him, but I can honestly say he’s a really good guy. He may have opinions I don’t agree with regarding UK sports and Matt Jones, but I know the man has a good heart.

180. Cats
    11:44 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

176…. You make us look bad

181. Jerry Tipton
    11:44 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Billy Reed taught me everything I know.

182. Waxeater In The News
    11:45 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Storm the field in slow motion. NO RUNNING.

183. Waddy body
    11:45 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Planning to storm the field at least indicates fans will stay to end the of game.

184. Chirp chirp
    11:46 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

South Carolina was top 10 and not storming vs UL doesn’t mean you don’t storm ever. That’s moronic logic!

185. Bluegrass
    11:48 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

He said he was going on the under of 2 points – so Matt you lost

186. TrueBlue63
    11:48 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

South Carolina was top 10 when UK beat them in 2010. They were down 28-10 at half and came back to win.

187. Jax Teller
    11:49 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Free throws are not baskets.

188. Blue To The Bone..
    11:49 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Agree with you Doo Doo!!…

189. Diamonddon
    11:50 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

He said a basket. a 2 point basket

190. JoeMoney333
    11:50 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I wouldn’t consider a Free Throw a Basket. If someone says they scored a basket I would assume that was a FG

191. Wedding Planner
    11:50 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Why aren’t the recruits being discussed?

192. Brent
    11:50 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Good Lord Matt. They were allowed until 1990.

193. Edd
    11:51 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Problem solved: the caller obviously confused Rex with Reggie.

194. Cats, Cats, Cats
    11:51 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

It’s LOUISVILLE football, Matt. You just don’t storm the field for U of L.
    In one breath, we make fun of them and say they aren’t worthy of they hype, they play no one, won’t be in the championship picture………
    then try to justify storming the field if we beat them.
    I usually agree with you, but not this time.

195. Buckethead
    11:52 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Quit tring to weasel out of losing the bet and pay up !

196. TrueBlue63
    11:53 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt: you say stick behind Liggins, but you want to drop Richie Farmer. Not saying Farmer shouldn’t be held accountable, but you haven’t boldly say we should keep his jersey in the rafters.

197. Rev DoGood
    11:53 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Love the sinner – not the sin.

198. Blue To The Bone
    11:54 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt…You pay for your actions …UNLESS your are Benedict and then you get a contract extension and a pay raise…No matter how much you embarrass your community and university..

199. Bluegrass
    11:55 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

I say you and Cal each pay $250

200. DrSayre
    11:55 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Did Cal play? He said you know I’m scoring… that didnt make sense to me when I listened to this live yesterday

201. Matt Loses
    11:55 am September 10, 2013 Permalink

Matt, from the sounds of it, you agreed to “scoring a basket”. Not just a point. A basket is not a free throw. You said score in agreement to a basket.

I vote you split it.

202. Storming the Pool !
    9:28 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

If we are going to storm the field, court (whatever) any time we upset someone….then how about storming the pool the next time the Cat Fish pull an upset.

203. satcheluk
    12:06 am September 11, 2013 Permalink

We stormed the pool after we won the intramural co-ed synchronized swimming competition back in 91 or 92.