@UKStoopsTroops

Are you ready to talk some football? Today’s hosts sure are. UK Football coaches Lamar Thomas, Vince Marrow, and Eddie Gran are hosting today’s show, so put on your pads and helmet and strap in for two hours of gridiron goodness. Freddie Maggard’s so excited he’s been up since 5 a.m.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

15 Comments for Lamar Thomas, Vince Marrow, and Eddie Gran are ready to talk football (Friday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:47 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

I hope we can some Louisville trash talking today from Lamar!

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:17 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

The word “commitment” just doesn’t mean as much to the younger generation as it used to.

• Realme
      10:26 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

I wish football players would just announce who their leader is and leave it at that until time to sign.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:38 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

I agree. I don’t see any problem with changing your mind for another opportunity, especially since new opportunities come along all the time. Just don’t commit if you’re not sure. No commitments should be made until your senior year in high school.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

Agreed.

• ClutchCargo
      10:59 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

I hate it when we lose a committed player we were counting on, but that’s just how it is going to be as long as we are a bottom-feeding program. HS kids want to secure their spot at their preferred school, but they will take the best they can get when the opportunity arises. College coaches need to get a group of “committments” so they can build a signing class and hope it holds together. The only problem that I see is that the whole process is so much more visible now with media coverage and social media. That older generation didn’t have all of that attention, or they would have likely done the same things the younger generation is doing.

• Kentuckyhomegrown
      11:05 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

LOL you blame these players for not wanting to go to UK? lmfao why would you ever go there? Toyota at UK and Ferrari anywhere else, no brainer

• Laker Cat 18
      11:12 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

You make a great point. Then why commit to a Toyota when you’re 15 years old and don’t have a licence when you have a Ferrari waiting on you when you’re 16?

• ClutchCargo
      11:50 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

Laker, to that I would only say that the 15 year old might feel that he had better jump on the Toyota now or it will be given to some other 15 year old and there might not be a Ferrari in the works at all. Regardless, I take all of these decommitments as a sign of good recruiting by the UK staff. We knew better than to waste our time with this caliber of recruits 5 years ago.

3. J-Dub421
    10:49 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

Lamar Thomas is cracking me up. He has personality in spades.

4. CB3UK
    10:52 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

This is great stuff today.

5. ClutchCargo
    11:00 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

Please, KSR, bring these guys back again!

6. Laker Cat 18
    11:02 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

I always love when football takes over KSR.

7. J-Dub421
    11:11 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

Slow jams with Vince Marrow. He has a definite radio voice.

8. Realme
    11:29 am June 17, 2016 Permalink

LT seems to have the perfect personality to handle a bunch of big headed wide receivers.