KyKy Tandy thinks Dontaie Allen is going to Kentucky

Twitter | @MustangsMatts

Twitter | @MustangsMatts

One in-state recruit believes Dontaie Allen will eventually be a Kentucky Wildcat.

In the final weekend of the summer evaluation period, John Calipari traveled west 80 miles on I-64 to watch Allen play Friday night in the Louisville Jam Fest.  The sharpshooter from Pendleton County created quite a few highlights in front of Coach Cal.

Once the highlights hit Twitter, former UK target KyKy Tandy weighed in on Allen’s recruitment.  Does the Hopkinsville native know something we don’t?

Before you speculate too much about Tandy’s Tweet, enjoy Allen’s full highlights from Friday night.

If you’re in Louisville and would like to see Allen go to work, M.A.T.T.S. Mustangs play again this evening at 6:20 on Court 12 at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center.

Coach Cal will see Allen again this Wednesday when the rising star in the 2019 recruiting class takes an unofficial visit to Lexington.  The visit will likely conclude with a scholarship offer from Kentucky.  Stay tuned.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

36 Comments for KyKy Tandy thinks Dontaie Allen is going to Kentucky

1. herm89
    3:07 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

Not that impressive tbh

• Alex90
      10:33 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

What organization do you scout for? None? Ok shut up

• BPatte
      9:07 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

Not impressed! Maybe off night but doesn’t appear that athletic.

2. ScottGreene22
    3:08 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

Let’s hope

• 4everUKblue
      4:25 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

I don’t want him just because he’s from KY, not sure he will see much playing time here. Would you be as excited about him if he weren’t from KY?

• KYcats11
      6:55 pm July 29, 2018 Permalink

Nice try Slater/Luether

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:50 am July 30, 2018 Permalink

Who the hellis Slater/Luether???

3. Randall lee
    3:24 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

Hey Nick you don’t use the MEOW unless there’s a commitment. Fyi.

• Crash827
      8:18 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

Being that he works for KSR and you don’t he can use the notification whenever he feels it’s appropriate. FYI

4. Trey
    3:33 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

Really hoping that Allen is normally better than this showing in Louisville. Regardless, would be great to see a kid from our state grow and ball out at UK!

5. Ez21
    3:55 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

That short little guard was causing him problems bc if his ability to get up under him.

6. Aar
    5:44 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

I like his hustle and willingness to get back on defense. Despite showing a decent shot he didn’t look so good as an all-around scorer. Then again, he was being defended by almost an entire team. I like that he’s a wing who can find the open man. Should adapt well to the dribble drive and other motion offenses that Cal likes to use.

• TouchYoSocks
      5:48 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

Led the state in scoring last year. 16 on an off night ain’t too bad

• 4everUKblue
      8:28 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

He’ll have calluses on his @ss at UK, might see some decent playing time coming off the bench in his Jr. or Sr. years.

7. bwise
    6:10 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

He’s no Julius mays (drew Franklin)

8. bwise
    6:11 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

If only we he was as good as Julius mays (drew Franklin)

9. bwise
    6:14 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

They keep deleting my comments because I love Julius mays (drew Franklin)

10. bwise
    6:16 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

He’s no Julius mays, that’s for sure (drew Franklin)

11. UKinIN
    11:02 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

Admitting that I know nothing about the circumstances of this game, was Allen tired? Third game of the day? That sort of thing. He did a lot of driving with a defender on his hip. Couldn’t get past them. Can’t imagine that impressed Calipari.

12. addyjaxlarkin
    12:28 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

I really don’t see the hyper personally from the video or highlights I’ve seen of him but that’s just my personal opinion I am definitely not a professional talent evaluator nor do I make the decisions for the Kentucky basketball program just giving my own input. Judging from what I’ve seen if he does come to Kentucky I think he’s definitely a four-year player but I agree with the comment above from the highlights I can’t imagine that Cal was impressed

13. UKWildcatNation
    12:53 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

Definitely not the best time to have an “off night”…he looked tired the whole game! Granted he was getting double and triple teamed at times, I’ve seen him play much better in other games. I hope Cal still offers him, for the kid can flat out score. And it’d be nice to have someone around for 3-4 years

• timfmiller
      9:24 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

From this tape, he was not getting double or triple-teamed at all b/c he struggled to beat his smaller, quicker man. He had his ball stolen and shot blocked a few times. No need to double or triple team b/c he rarely created his own shot.

• UKWildcatNation
      10:33 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

I was at the game…tape only shows so much

• Ez21
      2:20 pm July 29, 2018 Permalink

Exactly what I said. Idk where these double teams were seen. Why double when he can’t beat a much shorter guard. That being said he won’t be guarded by any 5-11 guards in college.

14. Alex90
    12:54 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

Lotta couch scouts here. If Cal is taking the time to watch then I’m gonna guess he is a great player because his track record validates his scouting sense. You can voice your opinion but realize your opinion vs Cal’s means absolutely nothing.

• timfmiller
      9:22 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

True but from this clip, he doesn’t pass the eye test to anyone who’s ever played or coached bball. He’s not a UK caliber player yet. If you read my review below, you’ll see that he has much to work on.

15. Kat4Life
    1:08 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

Didn’t show much

16. timfmiller
    9:19 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

Hardly “highlight” tape! He’s missing in much of the clip, gets his ball stolen, doesn’t get back on defense and gets shot blocked a few times. Can’t dribble past quicker, smaller guard and jump shot looks a like a push shot. He’s got much to work on and from this “highlight clip” looks like he’s just learning to play point guard… doesn’t seem real comfortable there yet. At 6’6, he’s got to get quicker and get better handles and elevate on his jump shot. Seems like he has trouble creating his own shot. Probably scored alot in high school in the paint!

• UKWildcatNation
      10:39 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

A agree, it’s definitely not a highlight tape, but the kid can play. I do not understand why he was playing point as for all of last year (and the summer) he’s been playing off the ball. Maybe he was trying to show Cal his versatility which did not turn out so well. I’ve watched him play quite a few times, and yes his jump shot isn’t the prettiest, but some guys just find ways to score, and he’s one of those guys. Like I said earlier, he look really tired in this game…his first step and quickness are a couple things that he relies on to get to the rim.

17. UKantstopus
    10:14 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

Good to know all of our fans have played so much basketball and NEVER had an off night…

• timfmiller
      11:51 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

I wasn’t really judging ball going through net as much as his inability to shake off smaller defender, got his ball taken and shot blocked several times. He didn’t hustle much on either end of the court. He struggled to create his own shot against smaller, weaker defenders and his jump shot looked more like a push shot with little elevation. Sorry you missed this through your rose-colored glasses.

• Bluebloodtoo
      12:20 pm July 29, 2018 Permalink

While his father is certainly part of the recruiting equation, kyky shouldn’t be held accountable for his father’s actions.

• 4everUKblue
      2:13 pm July 29, 2018 Permalink

Tell that to the Ball brothers.

18. Bluebloodtoo
    11:33 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

I’m impressed that kyky was happy for his friend even when he isn’t getting the love. Maybe we were too quick to judge…

• 4everUKblue
      11:45 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

Maybe if we check his father’s reaction we’d know more.