#KSRtoVegas stops in Roswell (Wednesday Show Thread)

Welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the lobby of the Fairfield Inn (1201 N Main Street) in Roswell, New Mexico. Tune in to hear about the crew’s latest adventures, their take on yesterday’s massive football commitments, and lots of random other stuff. If you’re a Kentucky fan in the Roswell area, please come see the guys because it will make them really happy.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

46 Comments for #KSRtoVegas stops in Roswell (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. CATandMONKEY
    10:01 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

I want to believe.

• Realme
      10:09 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

You and my husband.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:12 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

My wife shakes her head nearly continuously.

• Realme
      10:13 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

Does she hate watch Ancient Aliens with you? If so, you are us.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:18 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

It is one of the only shows I am not allowed to watch when she is napping or attempting to fall asleep.
      She will suffer most of my cryptid shows…unless it features Chupacabra.

• J-Dub421
      10:20 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

Of course there are aliens at Roswell. I saw Independence Day!

• LOL @ C&M!

2. secrick
    10:06 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

I’ve seen several UFOS , now i also had several beers before each time.

• RealCatsFan
      10:27 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

I was with Rick and I can verify his story. (Later analysis revealed that what I actually saw was the shiny empty cans flying through the air into the bed of the pickup truck.)

πŸ˜€

• secrick
      10:29 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

Oh yeah that’s right, it was the cans.

3. I believe in aliens. I just don’t believe they’re light years ahead of us in intelligence and technology. I think they’re driving (not flying) around their planet(s) in the equivalent of a rusted out 72 Impala like I used to drive. πŸ™‚

4. I’m getting ahead of the boys, but how about the commits from yesterday???? Awesome!!!

• J-Dub421
      10:27 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

Our football staff is crushing it lately. Great recruiting pick-ups.

5. ukjaybrat
    10:13 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

I firmly believe that there exists life out there somewhere. It would be a statistical anomaly for there not to be. That being said, no one in our lifetimes will ever find any because until someone can master faster than light travel, we will never be able to visit anywhere that can sustain life other than earth. We’d die before we could get there.

• J-Dub421
      10:22 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

Agreed. I keep hoping for Star Trek to become reality though.

• ukjaybrat
      10:26 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

Not sure how “hip” you are to video games, but I always imagine something like Mass Effect.
      Alien races all over various neighboring galaxies with different levels of intelligence all brought together by long lost technology that enabled traveling great distances. Kinda neat. too bad the trilogy’s ending sucked. πŸ™

• J-Dub421
      10:29 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

My husband played some Mass Effect, so I am vaguely familiar with it. I don’t game much and am terrible at it, but I really love the Halo franchise.

• RealCatsFan
      10:31 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

That new movie about the astronauts who wake up too early on the multi-year space flight to another planet sounds interesting.

• ukjaybrat
      10:40 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

i used to like halo. i haven’t played console video games in a few years. got burned out on the cost and the fact that you only got half a video game and had to pay more for extra downloads (ugh). but there are a couple new ones coming out and my nephew is buying them. told him we’re going to have a couple all-nighters so i can binge through it and get back to reality before someone realizes im gone lol

6. runningunnin.454
    10:22 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

I was abducted by aliens once. They took me to a Holiday Inn, or it could have been a room on the space ship made to look like a Holiday Inn.
    All they wanted to know was what was best….man-to-man or zone defense.
    I told them a 2-1-2 zone press and man-to-man in the half court.

7. J-Dub421
    10:24 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

The Wake Forest story is crazy. Talk about a vindictive jerk.

• secrick
      10:28 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

You think it helped Jackson win the Heisman? They did win that game and if they had not then maybe he doesn’t.

• RealCatsFan
      10:29 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

Another day, another scandal involving UofL Athletics. πŸ™‚ It’s like Christmas every day!

• I guess the lesson is when you show someone the door, show them the door. Don’t let them keep one foot in.

They probably can’t do this, but I wish Wake could sue him for lost revenue. Surely they, or the media company that carries Wake games, can sue him for breaching some clause in his contract.

• BTW, I’m with last night’s “commentor” that asked how did that guy spend 11 years as a grad assistant?

As for UL being involved, yes they are, but didn’t they say this went on for several years, or at least with multiple teams?

8. CATandMONKEY
    10:31 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

Ryan the narc, who would call the cops on his neighbor for having a joint at a barbecue, becomes Machiavelli on the gridiron, morality and ethics be damned.

9. KevinM
    10:34 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

Matt & crew, I’ve got 2 words for you on the Wake scandal:

Lonnie Galloway.

10. J-Dub421
    10:40 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

• CATandMONKEY
      10:43 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

Thanks for that. Glad someone is on top of it 😊

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

I like to keep track of this story since it actually affects me as a taxpayer. Also because making fun of Louisville is fun.

• ukjaybrat
      11:05 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

#UofLOL

11. These road shows are great BTW, last year when they were driving to LA and this year to Vegas! It might be even better if they ever take an even longer trip to a Seattle so we can hear even more stories from the road!

12. Realme
    10:53 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

Hard to feel sorry for Sean Woods. His behavior in Rupp was not a good look, and not looking at that as a reason to change is inexcusable.

• J-Dub421
      11:00 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

Agreed. This was clearly not the first incident. I find it interesting/telling that the players went to the police in Evansville. That makes me wonder about the culture at Morehead.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:26 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

OK, while everyone’s ‘fessing up here, I cheated in typing class. Memorized the sentence that we were supposed to type so I could look at the keyboard. πŸ™‚

• I didn’t cheat in college or high school, but did some in Jr. High (*blush*).

One guy in high school actually wrote notes in the bill of his ball cap. He cheated without having to take his cap off. I hear now that students will print what looks like a real water bottle label or Snickers wrapper, write notes on the inside, wrap the actual item, and use that (eat the Snickers in the process of course). They don’t have to take the label off the water bottle if it’s clear enough apparently.

• ukjaybrat
      12:03 pm December 14, 2016 Permalink

i have heard the water bottle trick. and if you write small enough the water actually magnifies the notes. i cheated once and got caught in middle school. i didnt care i was getting straight A’s. i cheated more because i was lazy and didnt feel like studying and not because i was afraid to fail. i knew all the material.

Then I che… i “got creative” once in college. an online course. you weren’t supposed to be able to access the course material during a test. but if you opened the course in one browser and took the test in another, it wasn’t smart enough to block you out of the materials section in a different browser. Oh technology how great it is to be better at it than the people using it πŸ˜€

14. runningunnin.454
    11:30 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

In the Old Testament class, did he have to know who begat who begat who begat who… gonna need crib notes for that.
    After UK, I attended a Southern Baptist university; and, we had to take Old and New Testament.I had several Jewish friends….they were ok on the Old; but nearly lost their minds on the New….clueless.

15. RealCatsFan
    11:54 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

iHeart feed is getting pretty bad – I presume they are getting poor coverage out there in alien-land.

16. RealCatsFan
    11:57 am December 14, 2016 Permalink

Wow, I don’t blame Bogans for cussing that guy out. He probably would have decked him if they had been in person. What an idiot.