KSR’s Top Ten Tweets of the Day

USATSI

USATSI

USATSI

Welcome to today’s edition of KSR’s top tweets. We will focus most of our attention on relevant Kentucky sports-centric tweets but, as per usual, there are no limits to our madness. You, the KSR fans, can also participate in our top-10 tweet countdown by using hashtags such as #BBN #KSR #KSRTopTen or by tweeting @KySportsRadio.

#10 Lost Lettermen

I’ve heard it’s lovely this time of year.

#9 Devin Booker

Drake? Is that you?

#8 Jay Bilas

Abhorrent.

#8 Kevin Ding

This top-10 is getting awfully nerdy…

#6 Willie Cauley-Stein

Kind of want to start an ill-fated–“cut it off” chant, you?

#5 Big Blue Jesus

Go home Twitter–you’re drunk.

#4 Kyle Tucker

Succeed and proceed… not gonna get used to that Cal-ism.

#3 Tyler Thompson

Never forget.

#2 Boring Jabari Parker

Papa’s in the house.

#1 Reese Kemp

What it’s all about.

@BrennanKSR + Funkhouser

Article written by Brennan English

Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. @BrennanKSR

26 Comments for KSR’s Top Ten Tweets of the Day

1. Beef4dinner
    8:48 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

Hash tag- I hate the #7 so much I will simply forego it, do #8 twice, and jump straight to #6….that’ll show you!
    -beef chunk

2. JPhelps
    8:51 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

I’ll probably get killed on here but am I the only one who kind of understands the NCAAs point by blocking coaches from funding schooling for players children. I realize Cal isn’t going to be here 20 years, BUT if that kid turns into Lebron James one day, I’d be pissed as hell of he went to UNC because their coach payed for his education throughout the years. It’s as brilliant as it is deceptive. I kind of get it.

• KG
      9:42 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

Why would it bother the NCAA where a child goes to college? as long as they go would seem to be what helping them is all about. I bet if Coack “K” had suggested that concept, the NCAA would have welcomed it with open arms.

• JPhelps
      10:20 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

You might be right about the Coach K point… But see below for my reasoning.

• Megan
      11:28 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

I’m with you, Mr. Phelps. It would provide a benefit to a family member not available to other students at Kentucky or to students at other universities. To Cal’s point, it would take more than 50 other coaches to do the same thing. Every Division I school would have to have the same benefit available to its players.

There’s nothing preventing the Calipari’s from setting up a trust to benefit the educational needs of students in general. They just can’t limit the benefit to members of his basketball team. I see the NCAA’s point, and I don’t think Cal rebutted it effectively.

As always, should you or any of your I.M. Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.

• ...
      4:51 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

There are scholarships set up for people in special groups of people that aren’t available to the whole student body… scholarships for people from certain towns or going into certain professions, scholarships for specific racial/ethnic groups, scholarships for people who’ve had very specific life experiences. Go to any scholarship site and you’ll find that each one has a ton of criteria re: who is eligible and who isn’t. If Coach Cal sets up a scholarship for a specific group of people (in this case, children of former players), it’s not really that much different than what every other scholarship donor does already. The NCAA applies standards to athletes that don’t generalize to the rest of the student body. Ridiculous.

3. jeff
    8:56 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

#2- If that kid is the next Lebron he isn’t going to be worried about tuition no matter where he goes…He won’t need that scholorship fund. He’d have a full ride anywhere. The fund would help kids who aren’t world class athletes.

• JPhelps
      10:07 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

I’m not talking about college tuition, these kids if they are good enough have never had to worry about that… I’m talking about private high school and primary schooling education. Cal wanted to start a fund for their education. Did he specifically say college education? Because that can be easily misconstrued if not. Honest question… I don’t know what he said.

Where is the NBA stock coming from these days? By in large, parents who played professionally are spawning kids who are elite enough to play professionally, so, the elite are who we are talking about. It’s a gamble, but its a smart money gamble. You don’t think it would have impacted Devin Booker’s decision if Missouri had been lining his pockets since he was a toddler? I just think, when you introduce funds like that, it becomes a slippery slope. Now, I agree with paying players who play for the university. Giving them part of the proceeds they bring to the school is a slam dunk IMO. But I think paying parents for their kids education opens up to quite a bit more skewing. 1) Most coaches don’t make what Cal makes. It gives the highly compensated coaches a big advantage.

4. NothingButTruth
    9:07 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

I would like to apologize to the readers for my actions yesterday on a previous thread. I was totally out of line for attacking other posters. After reflection on my life, I see that I am really just a miserable person with a doctorate degree. Did I mention I have a doctorate degree?

• Beef4dinner
      9:15 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

I hear you have a doctorate degree.

• tom
      10:14 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

lol

5. cris
    9:28 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

No more yoggles!!!! 🙁

6. KG
    9:36 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

Best of luck to James Young. You will be missed but the BBN has your back. Do us proud!

7. Question
    9:45 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

So James is ready for the draft because of 1 dunk? So according to Tyler’s logic then Russ Smith is a lottery pick because he had 2 big dunks? (I hate U of Smell, but that was the only example I could think of because the only two that I have seen from him were against us)…. James, I believe, is ready for the draft because of his athletic potential, his size, he is explosive off the dribble, can be a lights out shooter and finishes fairly strong through contact on the drive. Those are better reasons why I think he is ready for the league. Now there is room for improvement because no one is perfect, but solidifying that he is NBA ready because of a dunk? That is stupid

• Legally Blue
      9:52 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

Not very smart using a comparison to #2 in red on this site. But good point

• JPhelps
      10:15 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

Russ Smith is 6’2″. James Young is 6’7″ (and yes, that makes all the difference). In the NBA, Russdiculous comes down the lane on a Dwight Howard, he’s gonna get his sh** thrown into row W. James Young is big enough to drive the lane on that. Big difference. Secondly, to deny that James Young’s game doesn’t tailor to the NBA is just dishonest. A league, that specializes in not playing defense, and highlights the attributes of slashing wings is a slam dunk for James Young. He fits NBA ball better than he does college.

And the NBA drafts based on upside anymore. The best college players do not go first. They’ll take the athletic monster who can’t dribble (and gamble that they can teach him to dribble because if he ever learns to, he’ll be unstoppable) before they would a good college player. The NBA draft lottery is exactly what its named. Sometimes you take the unpolished guys, and “hit the lottery” in 4 years.

• JPhelps
      10:17 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

And Russ Smith may not be 6’2″… Somebody fact check me on that. If he’s smaller, it just further accentuates my point.

• Question
      10:27 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

Now tell me where I criticized his game? because im not finding it, I said that he IS READY and I never denied anything about him, the only negative thing that I said is that he has room to improve…that’s not even negative, even LeBron has room to improve his game. You may want to actually read what someone wrote instead of coming in with your biased opinion “shoot first, ask questions later” mentality

• JPhelps
      10:37 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

Cool your jets there, Maverick! I was responding to your Russ Smith analogy. I think Tyler was alluding to the fact that only a handful of guys in the NCAA could have dunked that ball in that kind of traffic.

I’ll admit, I did maybe jump to a conclusion or two though. You read enough UL fan trash on here, that usually you have to quit reading by sentence 2 or you’ll freaking throw up because they actually believe what they just typed. Apologies for that!

• Question
      10:49 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

@JPhelps I understand on your analogy! And I completely agree with your UL trash understanding as well! I got a little trigger happy myself lol, didn’t to at all and apologies for that! I was just saying that Tyler’s tweet just sounded moronic to me!

8. lol
    9:55 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

Well if dunking a basketball means your nba ready then jarrod polson should get drafted this year.

• Question
      10:02 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

My point exactly

• Big Blue
      10:14 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

“Ryan Harrow had a big dunk in Big Blue Madness two years ago! Hes ready to go in the first round!!!!”
      -Tyler

9. Big Blue
    10:09 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

Tyler is an idiot. Tyler and Ally are the reason why I simply thumb through their posts in looking for something actually worth reading, not their ill advised, meaningless, non-cited garbage they call “writing”

10. BleedBlueinNashville
    11:59 am April 18, 2014 Permalink

You know she called you out posting from the same IP address, so its the same person or its two people on the same network. You are the kinda fan that makes us look bad, you sit here a get mad and name call something you don’t like and forget people famous or not are still people. I am sorry if you got bulled as a kid or something in your life makes you feel the need to trash other peoples work. I bet you were all over the Harrisons when that struggled and then when we went on that run they were your favorite players. If you don’t agree with something argue with Intelligence, don’t attack people personally. I sometimes am not a huge fan of some things they write on KSR but I enjoy most of it, but do you then every writer that puts pen to pad makes gold every time? I for one am tired of people like you, and it hurts us more then it ever helps. Be a fan, if you want to complain to your friends about players and coaching then do it, but don’t attack people personally on twitter, facebook or in this case a blog that someone writes. I wish you the best, but think before you say idiotic things and make yourself look a simpleton.

11. searchmyipplease
    1:48 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

lol…NBA ready?..because of a dunk….i mean we know he is ready but only because of a dunk? love coming on here just to see the garbage posts allowed.