KSR’s Top 10 tweets of the Weekend

(Darrell Bird | Catspause)

(Darrell Bird | Catpause)

(Darrell Bird | Catpause)

It’s time again for KSR’s Top Tweets of the weekend. You can participate by using hashtags such as #BBN #KSR #KSRTop10 or just by simply tweeting @KYsportsradio. We will focus most of our attention on Kentucky sports-centric tweets but, as usual, there are no limits to our madness.

#10 Seth Greenberg

Kentucky. Just Kentucky

#9 Oscar Combs

Well when you put it like that…..

#8 Doron Lamb

I can’t even handle how cute this is right now.

#7 Jake Ryan

Preach it, brother.

#6 Alex Stump

Good. Gooooooooood.

#5 Patrick Patterson

Chipotle?

#4 Josh Kidd

He is just going to visit his other UL basketball friends.

#3 Amanda Bradley

Don’t worry about it.

#2 Cody Cook

Way to keep a secret! Thanks a lot.

#1 Brandon Fryman

The one day a year that Louisville does exist.

@Sealey_KSR

Article written by Courtney Hessler

Ashley Judd is my spirit animal. Follow me on twitter at: @Hessler_KSR

12 Comments for KSR’s Top 10 tweets of the Weekend

1. rickshelton
    8:42 am May 5, 2014 Permalink

Love the last tweet about the Derby bringing one day of relevance to L’ville. I’d say its more like 2 minutes of relevance. (I could say that reminds me a Pitino’s love life but that would be irrelevant.)

• YeaNotRelevant
      11:01 am May 5, 2014 Permalink

Yea, Its hilarious how Louisville as a city is only relevant one day a year with the derby…….
      Oh yea, I guess they also have the three weeks leading up to derby with more than 200 events, and the one that kicks it off being Thunder over Louisville which is the largest Air Show/Fireworks Display in North America… but you know, that’s not relevant….
      Or I guess they do also Have Multiple fortune 500’s with Yum! brands, Papa Johns, Humana, Etc… But that’s nothing really….
      Also, I guess they are Kentucky’s ONLY First class city by population and they have 1.5 million people in the Metro statistical area which is somewhere between a quarter and a half of the states population… but nothing important there….
      And, When you think about it, Everything Kentucky is known for really comes from Louisville… Bourbon, Hot Brown, The Kentucky Derby, Mint Julips, Louisville slugger, Kentucky Fried chicken…. Or the famous natives such as Zachery Taylor, Col. Sanders, Muhammad ali, etc…

Look, I like UK sports… But being a patriotic Kentuckian I get so damn tired of all UK fans trying to put down our state’s biggest city just because a good rival team is there. Clean it up folks.

• IAgreeFully
      11:29 am May 5, 2014 Permalink

YeaNotRelvant,

I totally agree with you man.. there needs to be a BIG distinction made between their University and the City… Because the City is a very Beautiful, Lush, Historic place. I mean, After living there for a bit, I can tell you that not many places compare. Old Louisville is just GORGEOUS in the summertime and it is like the third largest Historical neighborhood in the country and has the FIRST most Old Victorian style houses in the country… Germantown is another great Historical spot having the FIRST most Shotgun houses in the WORLD… a lot of people come to see them.
      And not to forgot to mention a few things about “Louisville’s relevance”:
      The top 5 largest buildings in the state are in Louisville. You don’t get to Lexington until like the 6th building.
      The belle of Louisville is the oldest Mississippi style steamboat in existence.
      Bowman Field is the Oldest continually operating airport in the world. Having served in WW2.
      I mean… Just look up Louisville history sometime if you LOVE KENTUCKY.. there is a lot there to be proud of. Even the founder of Louisville was VERY important to United States history.
      Cheers Y’all

• jch67
      11:39 am May 5, 2014 Permalink

YeaNotRelevant

Well said. I bleed Blue and can’t stand the Cards but love Louisville.

• Theonefromhere
      11:49 am May 5, 2014 Permalink

I couldnt agree with you guys more… I’m so glad to see other UK fans having the same feelings as me about the great City of Louisville. I get so tired of hearing everyone put the city down after all it has done for the state.
      while i’m here I guess i’ll also add a fact to the Louisville Lovefest… Louisville has the 2nd most cast iron buidling fronts in the nation. second to only New York City. They a very historic because they were utilized like during one of the world wars or something.

Also, I think Louisville’s water tower is like one of the oldest in the country or something like that.

Cheers!

• AnotherFACT!
      12:02 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

GUYS! you cant forget the fact that the book “The Great Gatsby” was basically based on the Louisville party scene of the 20’s!!! F. Scott Fitzgerald was stationed in Louisville when he was in the army.. many a wild weekend he would spend drinking in the old historic seelbach hotel (Also Al capone was a frequent guest)… Any ways.. it is common knowledge that he got the idea from the book from his partying in downtown Louisville in the 20’s. Some even say he would write down rough drafts of ideas on napkins as he was drinking. He pays homage to this fact because one of the best scenes in the book even takes place in the seelbach in downtown louisville.
      They now have a restaurant there called Gatsbys… I love it.

Also, Louisville is kinda famous for producing film directors.. one of the first great directors grew up on east market street.

2. Alex James
    8:54 am May 5, 2014 Permalink

Okay, derby is over – is it time to start hoops season yet? Can’t wait to watch this squad: http://straighthoops.com/one_and_not_done.html How many days until Big Blue Madness?

• Bluegrass
      8:59 am May 5, 2014 Permalink

Stop hocking your crappy site.

3. el hombre juan
    10:08 am May 5, 2014 Permalink

Yes Cody cook, illuminati. Just like I said when he was seen with that filthy ho rihanna at the nets game. I feel bad for the kid. Sad that one of ours is deceived by these clowns. And before anybody wants to say something smartass, go look at the evidence it’s all there. Unless all the symbology and the lyrics and 99.9% of holly wood is just a coincidence.

4. Blue Doug
    10:43 am May 5, 2014 Permalink

You guys need to start differentiating between Louisville the city and Louisville the basketball team. I live in Louisville, bleed blue, hate the Louisville Cardinals. However, Louisville is a really good city, and a large part of the economics in this state.

HATE on The Cards but stop bashing the city..

5. Honestly_I'ts_just_a_rivalry
    7:02 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

Yeah, lets keep the rivalry to the actual schools. Louisville is an amazing cool little town that is the hub for much of the states economy, the derby, Louisville Slugger, home of Muhammad Ali, and w/o Louisville there would be no University of Louisville, and no rivalry. I get the hatred, but seriously If we had to do a real comparison to the cities/towns that our schools are located in, Louisville is ridiculously more culturally relevant/cool/interesting than Lexington. It’s not even close.

• IAgreeFully
      7:42 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

Except for one thing… Louisville is BY NO MEANS a “Little town”… that aside.. i agree entirely with EVERYTHING you said. Louisville is like the 16th largest city in the nation or something like that. It’s nothing to scoff at.