Tune in now for KSR’s FOUR-hour Pregame Show

I hope you like Kentucky Sports Radio because there’s going to be a lot of it on the airwaves and internet this morning.

To get you ready for the Belk Bowl, the KSR Pregame Show is FOUR HOURS long today. Beginning at 8 a.m., Matt, Ryan, and Drew will be live from KSBar and Grille on 630 WLAP. You can join them at the bar starting at 9 a.m.

At 10 a.m., the WLAP feed will switch to the official UK Pregame Show, so if you want to continue to listen to KSR, you can switch to 1080 AM WKJK on iHeart or any of the affiliates that aren’t part of the UK Sports Network. The show will end just before noon, giving you time to turn your TV to ESPN for kickoff.

If you come out to watch the show, just make it a day at KSBar. We’ll have plenty of food and drink specials and with five bowl games tomorrow, you’ll have five chances to enter the KSBar/Hammer Bowl Challenge! Now through the end of bowl season, be at KSBar and Grille within an hour before each game to get your score predictions in prior to kickoff. Whoever’s predicted score proves to be closest to the game’s actual score, that person will advance to the final round.

Once all bowl games have been played and only the national championship game remains, we will invite all 39 of the game winners back on Monday, November 13 to compete one last time by guessing the score of the championship game. The winner will take home the $5,000 grand prize.

44 Comments for Tune in now for KSR’s FOUR-hour Pregame Show

1. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    9:55 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

So is this the Show Thread? ?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      9:55 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

The question mark was supposed to be a 😉

• RealCatsFan
      10:05 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Well, we can make it the ST if we decide to. 🙂

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:07 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Yes sir!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:11 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

I wish they weren’t making us choose between KSR and the official pregame. I love Christi, Jeremy, and Dusty.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:12 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

AND KSR too of course.

2. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:10 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

I posted this on a football (not futball!) thread (and if you don’t have Twitter, get it just for today and then delete your account! Haha):

Hey #BBN, go to @FOXSports and vote for the UK 2011-2012 bball team as team of the decade. We’re deadlocked with Barcelona percentage wise, but we are technically in 1st place by a hair.

BTW, there are UK fans and Euros running smack at each other and some of it is pretty funny.

• Realme
      11:08 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

My fave was a Barcelona fan saying “we’re not going to lose to crispy chicken.”

• ClutchCargo
      11:23 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Not sure what that Barcelona fan is talking about, but if he’s into rubbery skinned chicken, he’s already lost this one.

• Realme
      11:25 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

It’s because they hear Kentucky and thi nk KFC

3. runningunnin.454
    10:18 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Well, here y’all are. Been listening to Matt & Co for two hours on Iheart; but, it went away; now it’s on my local radio station as usual.
    STUFF AND COOK THE TURKEYS.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:20 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Go to WKJK 1080 if you’re on iHeartRadio on your PC or phone/tablet.

• RealCatsFan
      10:38 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Is it really true that turkeys are so stupid that they can drown during a heavy downpour because they look up with their mouths open? 😀

• runningunnin.454
      10:42 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

I thought that was UL fans that drowned in rainstorms.

• RealCatsFan
      10:47 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

rg, UL fans tend to drown in storms of Crown Royal. They have also been known to drink stale beer and who knows what else out of garbage bags. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Someone in the comment section asked the other day…what is the joke about UL fans and Crown Royal…I guessed and told him it was because it’s a Canadien whisky, and this is Bourbon country; but, I don’t know.
      I have never tasted a Canadian whisky, so I don’t know anything about it.

• ClutchCargo
      11:02 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, I don’t know much about Canadian whiskey, but I do know the liquor stores (at least the ones near me) tend to keep the Crown Royal behind the counter. Guess they’re worried that the typical CR drinker would just walk away with their beverage of choice.

• RealCatsFan
      11:19 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

I think the CR may have started with this picture:

• ClutchCargo
      11:25 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

I’m thinking it actually predates that pic by quite a bit, but that is a classic!

• ClutchCargo
      11:28 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Let’s not let any of this 7ouisvi77e talk distract us from the job we have today to hate on Vagina Tech.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:24 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Congrats to Western Kentucky on their bowl in. After missing a 29 yard FG earlier in the game, the WKU guy kicked a 52 yarder on an untimed down.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:42 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

That guy went to my high school!
      “It’s great to be a Northside Eagle!”

Yeah, at some point after I graduated someone there appropriated the Gator thing. Haha.

5. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:45 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

I just don’t want to see a backup QB today. We apparently have one of the best pass Ds in the nation, and the best in the SEC, but just don’t injure their starter. The backups for UT and UF torched us through the air.

• RealCatsFan
      10:48 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

And the secondary was supposed to be one of the areas of greatest concern this year…

6. RealCatsFan
    10:50 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

JURICH!!!! He’s at it again, from a remote location under a volcanic island in the South Pacific.

Matt sounds like he is talking through a tin can attached to a string of yarn.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:50 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

How did Miss State lose to UL; we ran all over the Cards? I know they had back-up QB because a teammate punched him; but, they really didn’t need to throw.
    I think there were some other problems; MSU tried to pass when there was no need earlier in the game; and, then when they were down big, they just ran the ball and killed time…looked like someone was throwing the game.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:51 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

I don’t think Realme and StillBP got the memo…

• Realme
      11:06 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Hey y’all. I came by at 8:45 but no one was here yet. Then I got busy doing stuff ( took today off for the game).

• runningunnin.454
      11:12 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

RM, we’re gonna have smoked turkey…you hungry?

• Realme
      11:17 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Nah, just smoke the turkeys until their charcoal. What a true bunch of turkeys…

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:22 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

It started at 7 in my time zone. Whew! I did set an alarm to make sure I listened.

• Realme
      11:24 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

*they’re smh

9. RealCatsFan
    11:13 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

So are we playing Virginia or WEST Virginia? Geesh! Now I REALLY want to beat these chumps.

10. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:20 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

I know UK started 2 straight pregame scuffles with UL, but the racial slurs (and profanity) that black Tech players were using yesterday? Unreal. And now pregame punches thrown.

• Realme
      11:23 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Hope our guys keep their heads, stay injury free, and give them the ass kicking they deserve.

• ClutchCargo
      11:31 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

I worry a little about our guys staying focused (looking at you, Logan Stenberg). Also, I hope there’s not any dirty stuff going on where guys are trying to actually hurt each other.

• RealCatsFan
      11:32 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

It only figures – they are in the All Cheaters Conference after all.

11. Realme
    11:29 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

If they have 2 guys on video throwing punches, should they be allowed to play?

• ClutchCargo
      11:33 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

I would like to think not, but that’s probably at their coaches’ discretion. I mean, if they can’t even keep it together long enough to get through warmups, what’s going to happen during the actual game?

• Realme
      11:36 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Uh never mind. He swung first. eeeek.

• runningunnin.454
      11:39 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Lynn pushed a UK guy that was trying to calm him down…don’t like the look of this.
      Let’s play ball, and smashmouth them on the field.

• ClutchCargo
      11:39 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

Who swung first? I’m not listening to any show right now.

• RealCatsFan
      11:44 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

The video clearly makes it look like Bowden swung first and actually connected, but we don’t know what preceded it. In any case, LB needs to hold it together during the game. Give him a valium or something.

• Realme
      11:44 am December 31, 2019 Permalink

I’m more concerned about his fist flying towards the face of the guy in the grey hoodie.