KSR SUPER-SIZED Show Thread 7/20: Lexington Golf Scramble

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the super-sized edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today’s FOUR-HOUR SHOW is coming to you live from the fourth-annual KSR Lexington Golf Scramble at the Champions Trace Golf Course at Keene Run Golf Club, where the gang is set up on the first tee box to provide live commentary and a rundown of the day’s news from 8 a.m. to noon.

Here’s how you can listen:

630 WLAP in Lexington will air all four hours live. It can be heard on your radios or through 630 WLAP on the iHeart app or the iHeart website. This is the only way to hear the first hour.

— In Louisville, 1080 WKJK will not carry the first hour but will pick up the show at 9 a.m. after Michael Bennett and Just The Cats. KSR will be on from 9 a.m. to noon in Louisville.

— On any station in Kentucky that carries Tom Leach before KSR beginning at 9 a.m. Have no fear, Leach fans; the Voice of the Wildcats will actually join the group to preview the 2020 season during the show.

Even though Ryan tested negatively for the coronavirus after returning from Florida, the folks at Avizion Glass still made him a mobile quarantine booth.

Image

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

54 Comments for KSR SUPER-SIZED Show Thread 7/20: Lexington Golf Scramble

1. Realme
    8:18 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Nnnnnnhhhhhhh yay mornimg wooo.

2. Realme
    8:28 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

I hope we soon start ignoring Wenyen so he can stop thriving off the negative attention and just go away.

• Realme
      8:34 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

We alteady knpw how this will play out. (I dont think I should have to keep fixing my typos since I’m talking to myself). Matt will get him on KSR, he’ll make an insincere apology, Matt will tall.everyone to forgive him.

• runningunnin.454
      8:50 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

“I only dribbled the ball off my foot three times, and he told me to stop dribbling, and just catch and shoot; the nerve”.

• Realme
      9:10 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Opposing fan bases that want to hate on Cal or UK probsbly love this, but anyone neutral from his new fan base can’t be impressed by how he’s behaving.

• ClutchCargo
      11:03 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

The silliness of his little beef with Cal/UK is pretty evident by the fact that he didn’t really put in the work to get better in his time here.

3. Realme
    8:29 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

How many comments can Realme make before anyone else shows up? I guess we’ll find out.

• Realme
      8:43 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

You guys are actually missing a good show. Perhaps the best since a stupid disease sucked all the fun out of life.

• runningunnin.454
      8:43 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Talking to yourself again? Watch out for the guys in the white suits.

• Realme
      8:51 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

???

^ laughing emojis that I am sure will not display properly

• runningunnin.454
      9:00 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, creepiest song of the ’60’s; can you believe they actually played that thing on the radio, over and over and over. It actually reached no. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:39 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Busy this morning on my first day back at work. I had to come to work to get some rest though after last week’s honeydo list. Ugh.

4. runningunnin.454
    9:12 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Don’t you hate uncomfortable silences? Some Link Wray power chords, too.

• Realme
      9:15 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Never seen that one either.

• runningunnin.454
      9:18 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Ouch, you have to get out more!

• Realme
      9:22 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

I make up for it by watching all the tv.

5. Laker Cat 18
    9:24 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Dang, 4 hours? The heck is going on?

6. runningunnin.454
    9:45 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

LC, I’m sure you watched Yellowstone last night; you know, I just noticed one of the sponsors is Yellowstone Bourbon…good one.
    Of course, there’s a brewery in Cali that thinks they own the word “stone”, and can legally prohibit the word in any connotation or phrase…sheesh.

• Laker Cat 18
      9:49 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

I’m not on the live episodes yet, still on season 1 of Yellowstone because I’m splitting time with Ozark.

They’re just pushing the name thing to take them out of business because the local brewery won’t be able to cough up the court fees. They should just change their name and try to elevate their brand off the story of another brewery bullying them.

• Realme
      9:49 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

That brewery is such an idiot. Let’s boycott. (not that I was ever going to buybtheir product, never having heard of them and not being a drink er)

• runningunnin.454
      9:55 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Oh well, they’re taking on Keystone and MillerCoors; they will learn.

7. Realme
    10:17 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Leaves a car full of visible possessions on the street in New York. Wonders why his car was picked for the smash and grab.

8. Realme
    10:18 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Realme is Real Hongry. Please send biscuits and gravy or pancakes.

9. runningunnin.454
    10:19 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha, good thing they didn’t know Matt, he would need a big piece of cardboard,

• Realme
      10:24 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

lol

• RealCatsFan
      10:41 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

That movie might have been Sean Penn’s shining moment. πŸ™‚

• runningunnin.454
      11:00 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

That movie was directed by Amy Heckerling, she also directed “Clueless”. Not the usual juvenile mindless teenage crap, they both received good reviews.
      I think Penn was also on “Two and a Half Men” ha ha. Of course, he was also in Carlito’s Way, Taps, and Racing with the Moon, and several other good flicks.

• RealCatsFan
      11:18 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Honestly, “Dead Man Walking” might have been his best dramatic role. But I’ll always love him best as Jeff Spicoli. Party on, dude!

• runningunnin.454
      11:23 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

“All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine”.
      “If I’m here, and you’re here, doesn’t that make it our time”.
      “You D*ick”.
      Maybe I’ve seen it too many times.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:37 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Bad Boys was good.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:37 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

The old “Bad Boys” gritty drama, not the thing with Fresh Prince and Martin.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:38 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Or “Mar’in!” as his theme song said.

• RealCatsFan
      11:52 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Me and a buddy actually had a pizza delivered to my 6th period physics class and acted out the pizza scene senior year in high school. We had a teacher who was cool and thought it was funny.

• RealCatsFan
      11:53 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

“My old man’s a TV repairman. He’s got the ultimate set of tools. I can fix it!”

Maybe the most quoted line in car circles. πŸ˜€

• runningunnin.454
      11:54 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha, lol; that’s good.

10. RealCatsFan
    10:36 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Bummer! I forgot that the boys were starting early today, so I missed the first two hours. And then my phone rang for work, so I missed even more. I need to retire so I can listen to KSR uninterrupted. We all have to have a goal in life. πŸ˜‰

• runningunnin.454
      10:41 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Hah, we know you slept til 10:00, and then stared and scratched something for 30 minutes, hee haw.

• RealCatsFan
      10:43 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

rg, I can multitask. I can scratch perfectly well while I am typing this reply to you. πŸ˜‰

• runningunnin.454
      10:45 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Well, that’s creepy, lol.

11. Realme
    10:38 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Well I’ve paid the bills, checked in with work (it’s so scary now that I know they like to fire tons of people by mass email without warning), made more than my share of comments (um, where were the rest of us who should have shown up at 10?), and now I need to get out of the house. Have a great Monday, all (all two of you).

• RealCatsFan
      10:40 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

See my post above. Mondays are usually busy at work for me.

12. RealCatsFan
    10:40 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

So Jefferson County Public Schools is already saying that they will be doing the virtual learning thing for the first 6 weeks (at least). Oldham County is still planning to do in person, as of now, but kids won’t be able to use lockers, sit down for lunch in the cafeteria, or hang out together in the halls. I think they are talking about assigning students in “pods” together so if a kid test positives, the contact with others is minimized. My daughter really wants to go back to school, but I don’t think she is going to like this. At this point I’m kind of wondering if it will be worth the trouble/risk.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:59 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

In Pulaski, they’re giving students the option between in-person and virtual. However, if you choose virtual, you’re not allowed to compete in extra-curricular activities. You have to choose in-person to be eligible for athletics.

• RealCatsFan
      11:20 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

I think they are also going to offer virtual at OCHS. Not sure about athletics. At this point, I think having fall sports of any kind at the high school level (other than golf and maybe track and field) is a long shot.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:30 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

A banana-print golf shirt? “Are those banana’s on your shirt, or are you just glad to see me?” πŸ˜‰

14. runningunnin.454
    11:33 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

UK at No. 21 in Phil Steele’s top 25; let’s play.

15. BobbyBlue
    11:48 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

I can’t think of anybody else that has played for Cal,that has publicly dissed the program,and recruited against the Cats.
    And the horse he rode in on.

• runningunnin.454
      11:56 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha, maybe he dribbled the ball off the horse’s hoof.

• ClutchCargo
      11:57 am July 20, 2020 Permalink

I’m having a hard time being mad at Wenyan. It just sounds like petty whining from someone who seemed to enjoy being a basketball player more than playing basketball. It would be a much worse look if he wasn’t the only one, and was actually an impact player in the league.