KSR Show Thread, 9/9: It’s Livingston County’s Day on KSR!

KSR is taking you to Livingston County on today’s show, in addition to all of the day’s news. The whole crew is on and we’d love to hear from you, especially YOU, Livingston Countians.

You can discuss the show below in the comments.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

72 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 9/9: It’s Livingston County’s Day on KSR!

1. runningunnin.454
    10:08 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

2020 sucks; never one to live in the past, and as turbulent as the ’60’s were, I’m starting to miss them.
    Also, miss the Marcels; this one went to No. 1 and is in the rock n roll hof,

2. Realme
    10:13 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I know all fan bases have some real people in them. So are there Indiana fans that are embarrassed by the nonsensical continuing celebration of a meaningless regular season game?

10:15 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha “Louisville at least knows how to cheat” was perfection.

• runningunnin.454
      10:16 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

It’s so easy to read their thinking…like a dime novel; they wanted to write about that game again, and they’re playing on the name of the Derby winner.

10:18 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I’m embarrassed to have to claim it as my birthplace.

10:20 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I missed the part about what brought on this rant. I’m sure there are plenty of IU fans who realize they suck and have just been laying low for several years. For the others, bless their hearts, that’s all they have to celebrate. I would hate to take that away from them. πŸ™‚

10:22 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

HaHa, RM, Mrs RCF was also born there – real close to Santa Clause land. I make fun of her about it whenever possible. πŸ˜‰

10:29 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Mrs. CC is a Bloomington born recovering IU fan. She is a UK grad and UK fan now, so I don’t give her too much crap about it. She is an actual sports fan, and not one of those ladies who just pick their husband’s favorite team, wear the gear, and never actually watch the games. So it took her awhile to actually come around to switching allegiances. IU mostly sucking since the early 90’s helped quite a bit, though.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:34 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I missed what they’re talking about too. Did they issue another commemoration of the shot? Something even bigger than a popcorn box?

BTW, how did Ryan become such a big UK fan being from Indiana? I know he played baseball at Wesleyan. Is he from Evansville or that area? I remember hearing a long time ago that a local TV station there carried UK games (like back in the day when channel 27 would have tape delay games and such), so I see how we had somewhat of a fan base there.

10:36 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

They did an oral history of the Watshot (?!?). You should listen to Matt describe it in the podcast.

• runningunnin.454
      10:37 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

No, Ryan is from some little town of 400 people. And, yep; one of the Evansville In TV stations was a UK affiliate.

10:38 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I was born in a tiny town adjacent to what was for many years the murder capital of the US, Gary. Thankfully my parents moved to Ky before I was old enough to form any memories.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:43 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I have friends (3 brothers) that are from Terre Haute and I asked one of them when I first met them (and they’re young) “Are you an Indiana or Notre Dame fan?” It turns out he likes neither and is a Michigan fan. He liked their helmets as a kid. I don’t know if his brothers are UM fans or not, but they’re all Bengal fans and not Colt fans. It turned out that their dad was good friends with some former Bengals assistant and they’ve actually been on the sidelines for a game or a few over the years.

11:03 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I have to disclose, I have a lot of family in Indiana. My dad’s first wife lived near a little town called Birdseye, so I have a lot of “relatives” there even though they are not blood relatives. I have two half brothers who live there. But none of them are IU fans, in fact my one brother who lives near Evansville attended UK and is a fan.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:16 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

You know, I kind of miss playing Indiana simply because I enjoy making fun of them so much. πŸ™‚

The Mike Davis incident that they referenced was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in basketball. Seeing him running amok on the floor hitting himself on the head like a possessed idiot was absolute comedy gold! πŸ˜€

10:18 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

What about old Creapy? Those were such good times.

10:20 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

It has to be so embarrassing to be an IU fan, that is, if you have 3.5 ounces of self-awareness.

10:20 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, I miss Clappy the Clown. Now UGA fans get to share in the humiliation. πŸ˜‰

10:23 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

RCF, the ones I know who are old enough to remember their good old days are appropriately humble by this point. Somehow, the younger ones never got the memo that they suck. And self-awareness isn’t their thing.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:36 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Clutch, to be fair, I still haven’t gotten the memo about the Reds stinking. Haha. πŸ˜‰

10:40 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

cg, I had no idea either until somebody in W KY filled me in. πŸ˜‰

11:00 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Clutch, the younger ones are usually the same ones who keep their dog on a chain in the yard by the mobile home. They have a tendency to mouth breathe a lot.

11:07 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

RCF, the ones that really annoy me are the ones that think they are somehow superior to UK fans, and KY people in general. That’s more an Indiana thing, not specifically just IU fans.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:17 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I know that was a huge win for IU at the time, but boy, you would think it would be tempered because it turned out that they were NOT in fact back. They thought they were when the shot fell, and I would have too. But man.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:20 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Hah, Ryan was a Loosier fan; anyone with any dignity would have been for Purdue or the Evansville Aces.

10:21 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Hell, even Notre Dame.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:26 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I’ve got family in Indiana that are huge Butler fans.

• runningunnin.454
      10:28 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I was a big, big, big Butler fan…when they played Puke.

10:35 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Ryan may identify as a UK fan now, but he still has a lot of behavioral tendencies of the typical Loosier fan.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:37 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I posted above before I scrolled down this far. So Ryan was an IU fan and shifted to UK because of working in sports media in Lexington?

10:50 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I assume so. Never heard him explain it, really.

10:58 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

rg, if only that last second three pointer that danced on the rim had gone in. πŸ™

• runningunnin.454
      11:21 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

And, I thought he had it, dammmmmn.

5. runningunnin.454
    10:26 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Wooo…Memphis!!!

6. Realme
    10:35 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Holy cow, an every team NCAA tourney would either be the sports event of the century, or a giant cluster*&^$. Let’s do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:38 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

How can they do that logistically? I would think the early rounds would HAVE to be regional and at people’s home gyms, like EKU at WKU or WKU at EKU. Troy at UAB, etc.

10:39 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I’m going with giant cluster*&^$. Ha!

• runningunnin.454
      10:49 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Cluster*&^$…ha ha, Realme was in the Army. SNAFU or FUBAR? BOHICA? No cheating on Google. Ha ha.

10:52 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I had a bad cussing habit in the 4th grade, me and my bff thought we were so cool. Never really kicked the habit, I just try to not take God’s name in vain. FUBAR is easy, didn’t realize SNAFU was an acronym, BOHICA never heard of that one.

10:53 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I like that you guys took the care to type in the exact same 4 characters, lol.

11:02 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Nah, I’m too lazy for that, Realme. I’m more of a ctrl-c/ctrl-v kind of guy when accuracy matters.

11:09 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I’m like the Old Man in Christmas Story – I work in profanity like Rembrandt works in oils. I had to clean up my act a little bit when my kids were born – now the music they listen to is enough to make me blush.

11:12 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

IDK if my Dad has ever cursed in his life. Certainly never heard one out of him.

11:14 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

I have always been able to turn off the cursing when it isn’t appropriate (never around kids, old people, etc.). But one time when my son was a toddler sitting in his car seat in the back of my vehicle, I let loose an F-bomb because of some idiot driver. Hearing him repeat it was enough to encourage me to further clean up my act. πŸ™‚

• runningunnin.454
      11:20 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

LOL the queen mother of dirty words, ha ha ha.

11:59 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

That’s a great one to explain to the wife, Clutch. πŸ™‚

7. ClutchCargo
    10:38 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

The idea of 300+ schools all playing in the NCAA tournament is dumb. If the virus is the reason for doing it, how does all that travel and crowds seem like a good idea?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:39 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Exactly. I forgot to mention that above.

10:41 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Hopefully by then there will be a vaccine and we are all going nuts with the freedom of 2021.

10:45 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Shopping without masks! Plane travel! Cruises! Sports and more sports! Get togethers with 11 or more people! In person church! 2021 gonna be great y’all.

10:50 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Cruises were dicey even before COVID-19, so I’ll probably pass on that. But those other things sound amazing, and it seems like a lifetime ago that we did those things.

• runningunnin.454
      10:59 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

OPTIMISM…feed me, charge me!

8. ClutchCargo
    10:48 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

What is this BS about increasing football ticket prices? Is this a way to just keep my money that I have already paid for 7 home games when there will only be 5?

9. Realme
    10:49 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

There was a Nebraska fan on the Wildcats subreddit, asking to join us for a season. Had done their research, it was pretty funny. Already hates Tennessee and others appropriately. So I welcomed them but said they should hate Louisville for the year too. The response: “You mean Loserville?”

10:55 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Well he’s in, then!

10. RealCatsFan
    10:53 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Please, please don’t let Donovan go back to Florida. I don’t want those bastards to be good at basketball again.

10:54 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

If it happens, all we can hope for is that it turns out the way Petrino’s return to Louisville football went.

10:59 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Billy Donovan doesn’t seem like he is near the Petrino-level douchebag that would cause his return to be a giant cluster*&^$. Either way, I doubt it happens. He has been out of the college game for a few years and did a pretty good job with the Thunder. I don’t know why anybody would choose to go back to dealing with the NCAA, recruiting, etc.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:21 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Maybe if LSU finally gives Will Wade a strong derriere offer he can’t refuse, like his walking papers.

11:25 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

LSU would seem like an odd choice. But he was in on the ground floor of UK’s comeback from probation, so never say never.

• runningunnin.454
      11:29 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Chris, that is spelled dairy-air…you know, like premadonna.

11:33 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha from now on we all need to sneak dairy-air into our comments so that the preMadonnas pick that up!

11:39 am September 9, 2020 Permalink

Haha! I have always liked that dairy-air alternate spelling. I use it myself, but ironically.

11. RealCatsFan