KSR Show Thread 9/4: Live from Meade County

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from a mystery location Meade County and the Lexington and Louisville studios. Tune in to hear the gang break down the news of the day and look ahead to Saturday’s game vs. Eastern Michigan.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

53 Comments for KSR Show Thread 9/4: Live from Meade County

1. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:13 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Georgia State still trolling UT is hilarious.

• Realme
      10:15 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

That video truck thing is so great.

• ClutchCargo
      10:22 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

I need to watch that sometime when I can access Twitter. Don’t want to get trolled? Don’t get beat by Ga. St. lol

• J-Dub421
      10:28 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Is this the year we beat Florida and Tennessee in the same year? It might just be.

• ClutchCargo
      10:28 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Twitter is blocked by the network I’m on at the moment, but I’ll check that out for sure.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:00 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Clutch, can you not watch the version that’s embedded on KSR?

• ClutchCargo
      11:02 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Nope. Twitter doesn’t exist in the world I’m in today. Just a busted link with no embedded video.

2. Realme
    10:21 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

It will definitely be a better crowd this week, because Reply Buy hasn’t been texting me any ticket offers.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:30 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Don’t like rushing the field or the court. Sorry.

• J-Dub421
      10:33 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

I feel like we’re past rushing the field now. We beat Florida on the road last year, no need to rush the field if we beat them again.

• Realme
      10:36 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Yes, let’s save it for when we win the East. πŸ™‚

• ClutchCargo
      10:38 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Rushing the court in basketball? No. I’m open minded about football, though. Although, those of us old enough to have suffered through so many seasons of mediocrity or worse are mostly content to stand back and let the young’ns earn the penalty from the SEC.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

I can’t remember UK fans storming the court in basketball in my lifetime. We’re definitely above that.

• ClutchCargo
      10:52 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

I would like to think that hasn’t happened at all. I sure don’t remember it if it did.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:02 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

If we beat UGA to win the east they BETTER rush the field! Haha. Just don’t do like some jerky fans and opposing players and start tearing up their hedges. That is #NotClassy

• runningunnin.454
      11:07 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

UK fans did storm the court at Memorial on Senior Day in ’73 after beating Tennessee. Don’t think we’ve ever stormed the court at Rupp.

• J-Dub421
      11:12 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

If we haven’t stormed the court since 1973, then we haven’t done so in my lifetime, as I had not been born yet then.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:40 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Earlier in the show, they mentioned the tornado that hit Meade County in ’74. That storm absolutely leveled Brandenburg, and the same cell later generated the tornado that tore through Louisville. I clearly remember that day – sitting down in mom and dad’s basement listening to WHAS radio. At one point it sounded like it was heading for our house. Pretty crazy day – it still stands as the worst tornado outbreak in recorded history.

• Realme
      10:48 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Wow. I would have guessed that would happen in Kansas. I wasn’t born yet, and my family was in Indiana (yuck), so I’d never really heard about that.

• RealCatsFan
      10:51 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

I read last year that due to changing weather patterns, the traditional “Tornado Alley” that used to be in Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma is shifting to the southeast.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:08 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

I remember that night RCF. We lost power and were listening to the battery powered radio for the latest and using candles for light. It was a scary night. We lived near the Tates Creek schools on Riverpark Drive (if you don’t know, the elementary, jr. high, and high school are all clustered right there together…only time I’ve ever seen all 3 like that…I’ve seen several with jr. and sr. high together). My dad told us the next day that when he had walked outside to the end of the walkway, he was pretty sure he saw a tornado off in the distance. If there was one it didn’t come our way. Lexington pretty much dodged the bullet from what I remember, but there was much devastation around the state.

• RealCatsFan
      11:18 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

They said when that thing hit Brandenburg, it cleaned buildings right off the foundations and swept a lot of the debris into the Ohio River.

• RealCatsFan
      11:23 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Looking at a map, you can clearly see how the same cells kept dropping tornadoes out of them.

It reminds me of the 2012 outbreak that went through southern Indiana and much of Kentucky. I remember all the weather geeks had posted up their “defcon five” maps showing sure disaster, and in this particular case they were spot on.

Anyone remember the KSR show thread from that day? They posted a picture of AD swatting the red blob off the weather map. πŸ™‚

• ClutchCargo
      11:29 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, RCF. There aren’t very many old buildings in B-burg besides Main St. down in the valley by the river.

• RealCatsFan
      11:46 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Really good info about the 74 outbreak here.

I’m fascinated by this stuff – I probably should have been a weather geek. My wife is always laughing at me.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:56 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Those pics and video send chills up my spine. I have NO desire to be a storm chaser. Those people are nuts.

• RealCatsFan
      12:03 pm September 4, 2019 Permalink

You can clearly hear the “freight train roar” in that one video. That guy standing outside filming that thing was nuts.

• grammarpoliceUK
      12:14 pm September 4, 2019 Permalink

RCF, I live in Montgomery County and witnessed the F3 tornado that went through the Camargo area. Watched it destroy two homes from a quarter mile away. Truly a horrific night.Dropped 148 tornadoes from Alabama to Michigan. I believe it was passed by the Alabama outbreak in 2011. Over three hundred tornadoes in a little over two days. Of course the super outbreak was 148 in 16 hours. And RealMe, at one point the entire state of Indiana was put under a tornado warning, and also Kentucky had 70% of it’s counties under warning at one time.

5. ClutchCargo
    10:45 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

I can’t listen today. Did they ever say where in Meade Co they are? Jailhouse Pizza would be a logical place.

• Realme
      10:47 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

He’s at some educational facility, but plans to eat there.

• RealCatsFan
      11:48 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Realme, because of that avitar, I find myself reading everything you write in Vince Marrow’s voice instead of a female voice. It’s hilarious – I have to keep reminding myself that it’s a lady typing this. πŸ˜€

• Realme
      11:53 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

I like it.

• ClutchCargo
      11:53 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Same here. I have to do a double take every time I see it.

• Realme
      11:54 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

I’m going to think my comments in his voice as I type.

6. Realme
    10:46 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

How do they not remember going to Josephine’s house?

• J-Dub421
      10:50 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Facts are optional.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:51 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Generally don’t like our athletes being active on social media; however, the guy called LB out…I would overlook that one. Toledo needs to get that guy under control.

• ClutchCargo
      10:53 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

LB took care of that for them. πŸ™‚

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:09 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, you talk smack on the net when your team lost?

• J-Dub421
      11:16 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Lynn was not having it.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:52 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Having Ryan track Matt’s tracker would be funny, especially if he can video it – periscope maybe?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:58 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

And then Ryan has a tracker, so Shannon has to become a tracker of a tracker of a tracker…

9. KyKev
    11:06 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Xavier Peters question…could we hear something any day/minute on his eligibility for this season? If so, if they take 3-4 more weeks and declare him eligible then do we just cherry pick four games for him(Georgia, Missouri, Tennesse, & bowl game) to keep this year from counting? Is that even possible? Or his he here two years regardless and gone to the NFL?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:11 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Good question. I will be so mad if we don’t hear something by the UF game. Even then, he could have been playing these first 2 games to get some experience in case someone is injured and he needs to fill in.

• J-Dub421
      11:19 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

I’m irate that they don’t HAVE to make a decision before the start of the season. It’s ridiculous to keep a kid in limbo like that. A decision one way or the other prior to the start of the season should be mandatory.

• ClutchCargo
      11:23 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

I think he actually redshirted last year, so no. Immediate eligibility is the only way he can play 4 years.

• ClutchCargo
      11:25 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

I don’t like it, but the rule is you have to sit when you transfer. Applying for the waiver is an exception to that rule, so I don’t know that you can really put a deadline on approving it. It just sucks to others seem to sail right through the process.

• runningunnin.454
      11:47 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

The ncaa has already shown their true colors with the kid and his sick mother. They are beneath despicable.

• RealCatsFan
      11:52 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

Emmert should really run for office, he’s so corrupt. He would fit right in with the rest of them.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:51 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

HaHaHa – the caller’s idea of telling all the restaruant’s that it’s Matt’s tracker’s birthday is hilarious! I love it! πŸ˜€

• Realme
      11:53 am September 4, 2019 Permalink

The more slap happy Matt gets on this trip, the more fun the tracker will get to have.

• RealCatsFan
      12:01 pm September 4, 2019 Permalink

Matt should go over and take a selfie with him and send it to the Turtle.