KSR Show Thread, 9/29: Tune in to KSR!

Kentucky Sports Radio radio is back for another day to comment on the current events and to get you ready for UK’s next game on the schedule. It’s Matt Jones, Ryan Lemond and Shannon The Dude for two hours on this lovely Tuesday in the Bluegrass.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

68 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 9/29: Tune in to KSR!

1. ClutchCargo
    10:07 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Happy National Coffee Day, everybody! I’m observing it as I type this.

10:08 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Me too. Was tempted to make it an Irish coffee…

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:09 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Oh shoot. I have my morning coffee here, but I forgot to stop at Krispy Kreme and get my freebie. They’re giving away a free small coffee and 1 donut.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:10 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Black with just a pinch of dust.

• runningunnin.454
      10:13 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

My Irish coffee is legendary with friends and family; the secret is a liqueur called “Irish Mist”.

10:13 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

When is V8 Energy day?

10:14 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

“I could have had a V8!” Actually, I have 4…

• ClutchCargo
      10:26 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

10:29 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

It’s also the 54th birthday of the Camaro. πŸ™‚

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:29 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

I heard a Trident commercial on the radio that said we have National Chewing Gum day soon. Seriously? This is out of control.

10:30 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Well forget that, what day do y’all want to be KSR Show Thread Day?

11:13 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

The ST probably will be having technical difficulties on that day, or the modbot would zap everyone. Sooo KSR. πŸ™‚

2. runningunnin.454
    10:09 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Hellooo Rachel; you must be a saint!

10:12 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Long distance is probably the best way to date Matt.

• ClutchCargo
      10:27 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

You’re cutting out, Matt. I’ll have to call you back. πŸ™‚

10:30 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Appreciate the call.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:37 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

I missed it. What did he say about Rachel?

10:43 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

She said hello to Ky.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:09 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Daughter #2 officially started her junior year with in-person classes today. She is so ready to get away from NTI for a while. Can’t blame her.

10:15 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

One of the things I think about when tempted to feel sorry for myself is how many memories kids that age are missing out on. Might be different nowadays though, with how they live online anyways.

10:16 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Well, my older daughter missed out on prom, traditional graduation ceremony, the traditional “senior walk” on the last day of school, graduation party… πŸ™

10:18 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, that’s genuinely sad.

• runningunnin.454
      10:27 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Feel bad for them; I have so many wonderful memories from high school. Like the graduation party out at an old guy’s farm; one of my friends was, umm, let’s say tipsy. He was running around, and ran into an old spring-tooth harrow that probably had not been used in a century. He woke all the dogs, cats, horses, wildcats, hoot owls…

10:31 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

rg, probably also would have woke up the blue hairs in the Rupp lower arena, Joe Biden, the dead… πŸ™‚

• runningunnin.454
      10:39 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Yuk Yuk; no doubt. The teeth were propped up about crotch high; he probably set off the California seismographs.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:13 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

How much are the tickets? I think I heard $50, is that right? Mrs RCF was thinking about it. But just not the same without the tailgating. πŸ™

10:15 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

$60 or $110 and you have to buy them in blocks (but some blocks are 2 tickets).

10:17 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

I’m still smarting financially from a car purchase for kid #2, and just found out the HVAC in the house will need to be replaced soon.

10:20 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

I wish they had a grassy berm area like they have at some baseball parks. I would much prefer tossing down a blanket and having a picnic lunch while watching a football game. πŸ™‚

• ClutchCargo
      10:30 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

I think there were some tickets for $80 when I looked yesterday. Those prices include parking pass, btw. I’m going to the MSU game.

10:31 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

The email I got from UK said the 60/110 included an orange lot pass.

• ClutchCargo
      10:32 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

RCF, I remember back in the late 80’s UGA’s stadium had a grassy berm that had a crowd not unlike what you might find in the infield at Churchill Downs. I was in the UK band and they put us in the section right beside it. Good times.

• JTHinton
      10:37 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

TAMU-Bama and Auburn-UGA both on Saturday

I love Kentucky ftbl but why would I pay that much, during a pandemic & recession, in order to watch a below average opponent with a limited fan experience?

5. Realme
    10:17 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

It’s not that the speakers are too loud, it’s that they are abusively loud on one side, and too quiet on the other.

• runningunnin.454
      10:20 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

No surround sound? I have speakers all over the place; I can blow the roof off.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:19 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Can we make the pumped in crowd noise a regular thing at Rupp Arena? Only way to overcome the comatose bluehairs in the lower arena.

• runningunnin.454
      10:21 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

No, you would wake them up. Shhhhh.

10:27 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Just tell them to leave their hearing aids at home.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:31 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

And their knitting.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:27 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

I heard about this story on the radio on the way in this morning. I thought it was cool that the neighbor who called the cops left him a case of beer along with a good natured apology note. Bet they become friendly neighbors after this. Good to see stuff like this with all the division in the country now.

10:33 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

That neighbor clearly doesn’t understand sports. smh

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:35 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

RCF, I have to remember that story if UK makes the natty again any time soon. Haha. I have to send that to my friend who’s from the Tampa area and is a fan of the Rays & Lightning.

• ClutchCargo
      10:39 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

It’s a wonder I didn’t have the SWAT team at my house during the 2014 NCAA tournament. πŸ™‚

8. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:28 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

The receiver may have ran the wrong route, but field vision is important. However, the play call was wrong, so that turnover was mostly on Gran and/or Stoops IMO.

9. JTHinton
    10:34 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

It’s been said before, but I don’t think Terry passed the eye-test. Even with less talented weapons around him, I felt more confident with Stephen Johnson behind center than I do with TW.

Now that we have backup QBs who can play, and play WELL, we need to see great improvement from TW vs Ole Miss or MSST if he is to remain our starter. I watched MSST and saw where Ole Miss offense lit up Florida.

I don’t want to overreact but I fear we are in serious danger of dropping one of the Mississippi games

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:36 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

That’s fair IMO. Johnson was a fumble machine his first year when he got put in for Barker, but he got that corrected and was very solid the next year.

10:37 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

I agree with you but would love to be wrong.

• runningunnin.454
      10:48 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

They need to limit Terry’s running; he runs scared, and will put it on the ground; can’t blame him really, and he’s more likely to get hurt. But that would be putting confidence in guys we haven’t seen play yet.
      Also, if you’re going to take the chance of putting the ball in the air, throw it downfield and don’t go for a two yard gain. He hit with the long ball against Florida.

10:57 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

He seemed pretty fearless the first couple of games that he played for us when he got here. Then it seems like he got gun shy. And that was before the injury. I thought at the time that the coaching staff reigned him in, but maybe not.

I agree that SJ was cool and collected. Was not a spectacular player, but solid and dependable, and made smart decisions. TW needs to channel SJ.

11:16 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

That was awesome! Sweetest part was seeing all the Florida fans in stunned silence. I am so unhappy that they didn’t have 4 or 5 years of total suckage – they deserved it.

• ClutchCargo
      11:32 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

And wasn’t it Josh Allen who ran around giving them the gator chomp? That was the best part for me, after their players had done the same to our crowd the the year before when we unveiled the uncover two defense and gave them the game.

• runningunnin.454
      11:36 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Yes, he did….sweet!

10. ClutchCargo
    10:44 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

None of that proves there is a gentlemen’s agreement. The conference could just be waiting until after week 3 to be fair to all schools in this situation.

10:46 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, this is such a dumb, but typically unprovable Matt theory.

• JTHinton
      11:32 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

The NCAA/SEC was late clearing Xavier Peters last season; why are we surprised they’re late clearing Gatewood now?

11. ClutchCargo
    10:54 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

How can this dude possibly know if Joey Gatewood is any good? Plus, it’s irrelevant until he is eligible.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:56 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

It’s not Terry’s fault they told him to throw on the goal line. Reminded me of the Seahawks that year in the Super Bowl they had Beast Mode in the backfield.

12. RealCatsFan
    10:54 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

So I am seeing a lot of volleyball games on the weekly schedule being canceled because of COVID. So far, it has not affected my daughter’s team, but fingers crossed that our luck continues. And we continue to be the only team I have seen actually playing with masks on. Does not seem to be adversely affecting out play, so why not, I guess. I also have heard a few people say that if we have one player test positive, we just have to quarantine that player rather than the whole team. If that is the case, seems like a smart thing to do, and I’m surprised more teams aren’t doing it.

13. runningunnin.454
    11:12 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

The guy could have had a Boy Named Sue.

14. RealCatsFan
    11:19 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

“How to make fire out of…. logs.” Only Matt can put it that way. I am picturing someone rubbing two logs together. πŸ™‚

15. runningunnin.454
    11:26 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

One of the famous inmates at Big Sandy was Vincent Basciano, acting boss of the Bonanno Family, one of NY’s five mafia families.

16. runningunnin.454
    11:50 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Chris Mack is a wuss; a game at the Yum with no fans is a neutral court game.

• ClutchCargo
      11:55 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

It makes zero sense for him to whine and request a neutral court game. First of all, where would you even play such a game? Freedom Hall?

17. ClutchCargo
    11:57 am September 29, 2020 Permalink

Somebody is overthinking this. Forget the blinking. Whichever candidate moves his lips the most is telling the most lies.

12:03 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, basically. Can you tell a lie with sign language?

• ClutchCargo