KSR show thread 9/27: Matt is back!

After handing the reigns over to Shannon the Dude while he was spending the day in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, Matt Jones is back on the airwaves this morning for Kentucky Sports Radio.

From 10 a.m. to noon, the KSR crew will be in Georgetown at BiWater Farm to break down Kentucky’s upcoming game against South Carolina, Georgia Tech’s postseason ban, and try to figure out who in the heck will be performing at Kroger Field in the coming months, among other topics.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

53 Comments for KSR show thread 9/27: Matt is back!

1. secrick
    10:00 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

GO BIG BLUE, we need this one.

• Realme
      10:01 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Yes! They will be ready to destroy, I hope.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:25 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Me too. We just can’t afford to be 2-3.

• J-Dub421
      10:45 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

We’ve got to cut out the mistakes. We keep shooting ourselves in the foot. Clean up the dumb penalties and turnovers, and we should be okay.

2. Realme
    10:07 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

So earlier this week I was emailing my friends (I try to organize a monthly dinner), and one of them said “What is that picture? You’re not a black man.” LOL I guess there’s a box in wordpress I did or didn’t check and this is also my picture in my gmail. 🙂 🙂 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:22 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

The “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” aliens screwed up there a little bit.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:24 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

When I selected a cartoon “Nessie” as my Gravatar here (for my alter ego you see below), I noticed it popped up as my Gravatar or avatar on Cnet. I had never even used one on that site, and even though I had changed it to a bouzouki here, it’s still Nessie on Cnet. So if it’s because I use the same email there as here with my alternate account, why is the avatar not the same both places now? Weird.

• J-Dub421
      10:41 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Lol, I’d probably just incredulously ask why they don’t know who Vince Marrow is. Tell them to get with the program and know the Big Dog. 😉

• Realme
      10:43 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Jdub they all think I’m weird for my sports obsessions. I need better friends. Just kidding.

• J-Dub421
      10:44 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

I’m kidding. One of my best friends doesn’t like sports. She goes to her kids games, but that’s it.

• RealCatsFan
      11:32 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

As long as Mr. Realme has no problems with your change, I would say all is good. 🙂 (Not that there’s anything wrong with that – token Seinfeld reference of the day)

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:36 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Realme, it’s reminiscent of the Christmas card scene in “The Blind Side”.

• Realme
      11:45 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

RCF I guess I could start wearing a Big Dog mask and see what he thinks. Chris, I don’t remember that scene.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      12:09 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

It was where they put Michael Ohr in the Christmas card photo with them, and one of their relatives called and said “Do you realize there’s a b l a c k boy in the picture?” I used spaces because of the modbot.

• Realme
      12:14 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

🙂

3. bouzoukiman
    10:21 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

So this is an interesting twist on the current and still somewhat new redshirt rule:
    (Dana Holgerson is sitting his starting QB and a receiver, both SENIORS, to hopefully have a better year next year)

• Realme
      10:26 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

If I’m the rest of the team or the fan base I don’t appreciate that one bit. And it’s a gamble. If they have a bad year next year…

• secrick
      10:33 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

That’s kind of interesting. He is taking full advantage of a rule that probably wasn’t meant for this to happen.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:35 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, the author asked how the other seniors that are working their tails off to have a good last season this year are supposed to feel.

• J-Dub421
      10:42 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

If I were a fan who’d paid for season tickets, I’d be livid.

4. Realme
    10:31 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

How do the home fans not get sick of the cowbells, rooster crows, rocky tops and sandstorms?

• runningunnin.454
      10:37 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

“Hank, why do you drink, Hank why do you roll smoke”?
      Tradition?

• RealCatsFan
      11:34 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

That’s like asking certain people why they don’t get tired of all those piercings and tattoos. 🙂 (Not that there’s anything wrong with that – see, there I go again!)

5. Realme
    10:33 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

I don’t understand why being “confused” is supposed to explain that cop that shot her neighbor in his own apartment. (The news breaks keep talking bout it.)

• J-Dub421
      10:44 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

How did she not realize it wasn’t her apartment? Her key wouldn’t open the door. That’s a clue to step back and assess the situation, not break in the door and shoot someone.

• Realme
      10:46 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

I don’t care how confused she was. If you screw up so bad you destroy another human, you pay the price. I hope she gets convicted for something.

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

She should at least go to jail for manslaughter. She killed someone. That’s not an, “Oops, my bad!” situation.

• J-Dub421
      11:06 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

About eight months ago I came out of the gym and went to get into my car (or so I thought). The doors wouldn’t unlock. So I looked down at my key fob; nope, it seemed to be working correctly. Then I looked into the car and realized that was not my stuff in the car. It was not my car. I looked over it and realized my car was the next one over and someone had parked an identical car right next to mine. I looked around to see if anyone had noticed and laughed sheepishly, then went and got into my car and went home. I didn’t freak out and break into a random car. That woman is a police officer. I don’t care how tired she was, she should have better powers of deductive reasoning. She did multiple stupid things and continued to escalate the situation. Shooting someone should be a last resort, but too many cops use it as their first option. This needs to change.

• Realme
      11:11 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Completely agree.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:34 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

I once sat down in a car I thought was mine and then realized it wasn’t. It was at night and on the side parking area of a convenience store. No one saw me. Lucky for me. Haha.

On a serious note, I do believe that a death can result from an innocent mistake, but that thing with the cop smelled very fishy when I heard the story. I don’t remember the details, and I didn’t hear what MJ and the guys said today, but I just remember wondering how in the world she didn’t know she was in the wrong apartment. I mean, did the guy just happen to have the exact same furnishings and arrangement as her?

• RealCatsFan
      11:44 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

I give up – screw the damned modbot!!!

• RealCatsFan
      11:45 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

When Matt has his rant line next week on the show I swear I am going to call in and ask WHY THE HELL CAN’T YOU GET RID OF THE FUGGIN MODBOT ON THE FORUMS??!??

• J-Dub421
      11:46 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

The dude had a welcome mat outside his door. Her apartment did not have one. This is also something she really should have noticed.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:37 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Hey, I think there’s something wrong with the show? Can anybody hear it?

• runningunnin.454
      10:40 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Got it now on Iheart, guess local radio station lost it.

• Realme
      10:40 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Working for me.

7. Realme
    10:42 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Wrong. If one of those schools comes for Stoops, I beg him to stay at the program he built.

• runningunnin.454
      10:52 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

I hate to point this out; but, we’ve lost two games we shouldn’t have…due to coaching blunders, bad offensive and defensive strategy. Yeah, we lost QB1, and there was some bad execution, but…

• secrick
      10:53 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Yet there are fans that can’t wait for him to go. I want to call them crazy but i shouldn’t.

• Realme
      10:55 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

RG, it’s like when people complain about Cal. Who, that would come here, do you think would have more success than Stoops? Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have room for improvement.

• runningunnin.454
      11:01 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

I said I hated to point that out, ha ha ha. BTW, I said earlier in the week our RB’s were running too many consecutive plays, too predictive. And, that Lynn was exhausted, and that’s why he was dropping balls.
      Last couple of days, the coaches are saying the same thing…well, who called those plays?
      I demand a title, and a salary…hee haw.

• secrick
      11:09 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

OK 454 your title is POINT THAT OUT coach . Not sure about any salary.

• runningunnin.454
      11:15 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Do I get a veto? I’ll take it.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:35 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Programs have what they call “The Git Back Coach”. Why not a Point That Out Coach?

• Realme
      11:44 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

I mean, you could point out if we don’t have the right number of players on the field. If we’re leaving receivers wide open, stuff like that.

• RealCatsFan
      11:47 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Doesn’t matter what level or sport you coach at – someone loves you, and someone hates you. My kids’ HS team is stinking it up right now, and some of the coaching decision are questionable. But I’m not the coach, so not much I can do about it. Such is life.

• RealCatsFan
      11:48 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

I might just hire rg to come after our HS volleyball coaches. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      11:48 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

“Get Back, Loretta”. Get back on the field, there’s a guy waving his arms in the end zone.

8. J-Dub421
    11:44 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Again, we are clean. If the NCAA or anyone in the media had a sniff of any wrongdoing by Cal/UK it would be all over everywhere. Everyone wants to take him/us down. I would bet Forde/Thamel etc. go through Cal’s garbage. We’re clean.

• runningunnin.454
      11:51 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

NCAA knows they can’t touch UNCheat and Dook…let’s just smack Georgia Tech. Makes sense.

9. J-Dub421
    11:53 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Lonzo Ball doesn’t have to worry about what Lavar thinks anymore because De’Aaron Fox is now his daddy.

10. runningunnin.454
    11:59 am September 27, 2019 Permalink

Matt, ” I spent some time in a drug rehab place” Wow, there’s a sound bite for Mitch.

11. BLUEVADER
    1:45 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

When are y’all going to be in Lewis Co? My mom side from Vanceburg and Dad’s side is from out Kenny and Grassy area.