KSR Show Thread 9/26: The Shannon the Dude Show!

KSR Radio is being taken over by Shannon the Dude. To celebrate the occasion he’s hosting alongside a few friends, like Woo and Tony ‘TNT’ Tilford. Tom Hart might also drop in for an appearance or two. It’s a show you cannot afford to miss.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

52 Comments for KSR Show Thread 9/26: The Shannon the Dude Show!

1. BluKudzu
    10:06 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Just read where Tennessee lost another football player to personal reasons.

• J-Dub421
      10:10 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Is it wrong to laugh? I really want to laugh.

• ClutchCargo
      10:16 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

I need the defections to stop now, so UT can settle into mediocrity. If they decline too much, then The Great Pumpkin might feel pressure to hire a better coach.

• J-Dub421
      10:20 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Good point CC. In the meantime, I’m going to enjoy a quiet chuckle.

• ClutchCargo
      10:23 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Agree, J-Dub. Having UT fans as in-laws, it sure has been a peaceful early football season so far, even with our own struggles.

• bouzoukiman
      10:43 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

How I wish we had pulled that game out last year. The guys were probably really spent though after that GA game. It happens. Pat Dye used to say you can only get your players really up for about 3 or 4 games a year.

• J-Dub421
      11:04 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

We had definite Georgia game hangover last year.

• runningunnin.454
      11:35 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

4ever said something yesterday about 5 UT players that were leaving the program…is this yet another one?

2. J-Dub421
    10:09 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Who’s ready for an STD kind of day? 😉

• RealCatsFan
      11:34 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

I’m afraid your enthusiasm might be, ahem, contagious. 🙂

3. Realme
    10:11 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Has anyone listened to Michael Bennett’s show? He seems normal on Twitter, so I was wondering why Matt is so against him?

• ClutchCargo
      10:14 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

I have no idea. I’ve never heard the show. Maybe Matt feels threatened.

• J-Dub421
      10:14 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

I haven’t listened to him, so I have no clue.

• RealCatsFan
      11:35 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

I listen to him and Shannon on the drive in. He seems like a bit of a goofball, and when I hear his voice I picture the chunkier of the two gay fathers from “Modern Family”. 🙂

4. Realme
    10:14 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

I too am confident about Saturday, but not overly so.

• ClutchCargo
      10:25 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

This season, cautiously optimistic is about the best I can do for any game on the schedule, except that UT-Martin game.

• secrick
      10:41 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

I’m like you think we got it but also worried.

5. bouzoukiman
    10:40 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Okay, so RCF and CC were discussing pros and cons of using a Fumoto Drain Valve in the oil pan to make changing oil easier. It has a little lever where you don’t have to remove the drain plug, but can apparently be jarred loose by a rock or stick (not to mention a practical joker or someone who is out to get you).

I had never even heard of that product until yesterday, so naturally I Googled it & found a YouTube video on how it works, and in the process also found this product demo (it looks more tamper-proof…I am interested in gear head opinions):

• ClutchCargo
      11:03 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Full disclosure: I don’t consider myself a gear head, I just know what I know about basic maintenance.

The drain valve I currently have on my truck is actually an EZ Drain valve, which is very similar to the Fumoto. The way it mounts on a GMC Sierra, it is on the side of the oil pan and the lever is on top. That stick or rock would have to rip the oil pan off to get to the lever, so no worries there.

• ClutchCargo
      11:05 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

All of this car talk is making me miss Click and Clack so much. *sob*

• J-Dub421
      11:05 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

This sort of thing is way out of my wheelhouse. I did manage to change the battery in my key fob. That and adding fluids/changing a tire is the extent of my car maintenance knowledge.

• J-Dub421
      11:09 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

CC there are a couple of shows my hubs and I watch that you would like. Top Gear (the British and American versions) is hilarious, but you might like Wheeler Dealers even better. It’s two British dudes who live in LA and buy older cars (usually kind of cool ones), then fix them up and restore them and sell them for a profit.

• ClutchCargo
      11:14 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Cool. Sounds like something to check out on those Tuesday and Wednesday nights when there is nothing on this time of year. I’m not a big TV watcher, other than sports.

• runningunnin.454
      11:19 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

J-D, what will that key fob do in the quarter mile? Hee Haw, snicker.

• J-Dub421
      11:28 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

I don’t know, how hard do you throw?

• runningunnin.454
      11:31 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

My fast ball is about 64 mph, ha ha; but, my curve ball will break hearts.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:41 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Click & Clack were the absolute BEST! My favorite was when they would hear from someone who would say “My wife/husband thinks I’m wrong” and they would laugh and say “Get him/her on the line!”. They loved stirring it up with couples, but in a fun and funny way.

Also funny was when they had folks call back in to see if their advice worked. If it didn’t you would hear the Price is Right losing horn (or something similar). Hilarious!

• RealCatsFan
      11:43 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

J-Dub, you are way ahead of 99% of fellow lady drivers out there. Be proud. Most use terms like “thingy” to describe anything under the hood. I am doing my best to teach my girls at least the basics of car maintenance, but it’s an uphill battle. Maybe I should just put it on Instagram.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:43 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

I’m not a true gearhead either, except for loving muscle cars and the like. I wish I knew how to do more, but modern cars (even my 2003 Buick) are so different and it’s harder to work on cars yourself today anyway. I’ve done a few things, like replacing a headlight fixture, rear hatch lifts, etc., but that’s easy stuff (relatively) nowadays when you have YouTube videos to show you how.

• ClutchCargo
      11:46 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

cg, I love the time the female caller said her husband told her she needed to stop the car before resetting the trip odometer, and they told her her husband was an idiot. lol

• RealCatsFan
      11:48 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

CG, I will check out your link after the show is over and post my impressions. most cars require crawling underneath to change the filter anyway, so in most cases I pull the plug. And if not, I use my vacuum pump I mentioned yesterday. makes it easy, and you just take the thing to the auto parts store to dump the old oil. No drain pans to clean up and spill. Although you still need one to catch the oil that comes out of the filter. Another tip – I will take a screwdriver or awl and punch holes in the filter to let it drain if I can get to it on some vehicles. that way it doesn’t pour out on everything when you spin the filter off.

• RealCatsFan
      11:49 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

And I miss Click and Clack too! Loved the way they worked them into the “Cars” movie.

• ClutchCargo
      11:50 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Also, it’s important to change the headlight fluid regularly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZV7A6Nknps

• RealCatsFan
      11:56 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

I built a 600 horsepower monster motor for my boat about 4 years ago. Haven’t blown it up yet. 😉 But yeah, modern cars can be a pain to work on.

• RealCatsFan
      12:08 pm September 26, 2019 Permalink

Cg, the product looks interesting, and might be a good solution for an oil pan that is already stripped. I have a braided hose threaded into the drain hole on my boat, with a cap screwed over the end. I just thread it out the bilge drain hole, remove the cap, and let it drain into a pan. Quick, easy and cheap.

6. secrick
    11:03 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

I’m sure the comments have stalled because we are all learning how to change our oil in minutes.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:36 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Haha.

7. runningunnin.454
    11:11 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

We were talking about Dolly Parton yesterday. One of her songs most of you have never heard is called, “Down From Dover”. Too controversial for the ’60’s, it was about an unwed pregnant teenager whose mother and father kicked her out of the house. Radio stations wouldn’t play it; but, when you get a chance, check it out. Sad, but beautiful; she really is a genius.
    BTW, Dover is just west of Clarksville, about 80 miles from Nashville.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:36 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

I had never heard the story you told yesterday about Dolly writing “I Will Always Love You” because Porter threatened to sue her for leaving his show. I’m sure he had to be quite teary-eyed when she sang it, and probably couldn’t even speak. That lady can sing like no other, including with the emotion. I have her bluegrass CD “The Grass is Blue” scanned in to my iTunes, and it is grrrrrrrrr-EEEEEEEAT! (thank you Tony the Tiger)

Anyway, Porter Wagner’s show was part of my childhood watching with Mamaw and Papaw on Saturday nights. Also rasslin’, and “That Good Ol’ Nashville Music”, the Bill Anderson Show, and Hee-Haw.

• runningunnin.454
      11:39 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Her leaving Porter ruined his show; she was the only reason I watched it. He said she could leave if he could produce the song…so he did.

• RealCatsFan
      12:18 pm September 26, 2019 Permalink

Damn RG, I listened to that song and now the room got real dusty.

• runningunnin.454
      12:53 pm September 26, 2019 Permalink

They say George Jones’ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” is the saddest country song in history; but, I’ll put Dover up against it any day.

8. Realme
    11:24 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha Ryan’s all amped up from suffering through jury duty orientation. Don’t blame him. As much as I want to be on a murder trial, it’s like they go out of their way to waste as much of your time as possible.

• ClutchCargo
      11:30 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, it’s really disruptive to your schedule. I was on a jury once, and I have no desire to do it again. It was one of the most frustrating things I have ever been through trying to convince this one holdout to follow the judge’s instructions and convict an accused sexual abuser (a teacher who admitted that the multiple acts with multiple students occurred, btw). To hell with that, but I’m hiring that defense attorney if I’m ever in big trouble and it seems hopeless.

• runningunnin.454
      11:33 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Want out of it; just tell the defense attorney how you feel about lawyers that get sentimental over murderers, drug dealers, and child abusers.

• Bluehender
      12:23 pm September 26, 2019 Permalink

You can also tell the court you don’t believe in the U.S. judicial system. They’ll let you walk out immediately. Saw a guy do that once when I was summoned for jury duty

• ClutchCargo
      11:36 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

rg, I have a similar plan for how to handle it if it ever comes up again. Ha!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:37 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

My dad said tell them “Hang all the blankety-blanks!”

9. Realme
    11:37 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Can Tom be the new host when Matt starts his run for Senate? Still hard to say Matt running for Senate in a serious manner.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:44 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

Great idea! He is really good and entertaining.

• runningunnin.454
      11:47 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

I’m still eagerly anticipating the segue to asian carp during the football game.

• RealCatsFan
      11:53 am September 26, 2019 Permalink

I could see him saying the ball is as slippery as Asian carp when someone fumbles. Or if the ball flies out of someone’s hands, he can say it jumped out of there like an Asian carp. No thanks are necessary, Mr Hart. 😀