KSR show thread 9/20: Live from Corbin

LIVE from Corbin, it’s Kentucky Sports Radio!

This morning, Matt Jones and the KSR crew is LIVE from the RE/MAX office at 208 South Main Street in Corbin, KY from 10 a.m. to noon.

There, they will break down Kentucky’s upcoming matchup against Mississippi State in Starkville and Josh Allen’s big night in the NFL, among plenty other topics.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

54 Comments for KSR show thread 9/20: Live from Corbin

1. secrick
    10:07 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Go Cats, We need a big win tomm. it’s a big game for both teams. After watching Josh Allen play last night i see why we where so good last year.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:09 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Yep, I had just turned the game on last night and Josh gets a strip sack. *sigh*
      I miss him and Benny.

That said, GO CATS!!! BEAT THE DOGS!!! LESS COWBELL!!!

• J-Dub421
      10:10 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

I miss them, but I’m happy they’re doing well in the NFL and I hope they get PAID.

• cats646
      10:14 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Every time the opposing teams qb drops back, after like three seconds I’m expecting a strip sack, but I look around and see no 41. Lol. He really is an animal.

• runningunnin.454
      10:24 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

The holding calls were ridiculous in that game; holding and targeting are ruining the game. Tom Brady tweeted Joe Buck, and said he’s turning the game off because of all the flags. Ha ha, as he begs for the roughing the passer call.

• cats646
      10:26 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

They were awful. I believe there was 15 flags thrown in the first half! That’s just ridiculous.

• ClutchCargo
      10:39 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Confusing rules for holding penalties and Josh Allen coming into the league is the perfect storm. lol

2. J-Dub421
    10:10 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

I have a fever. A fever to silence some cowbell.

• secrick
      10:18 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Touchdown Kentucky, That should do it.

• runningunnin.454
      10:20 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Is that kind of thing allowed at other football venues? Seems I read it’s allowed because of tradition; but, that’s lame. Never did hear what Kansas State thought about it.
      Someone on KSR said we should blow 50,000 duck calls at our games…I like that idea.

• J-Dub421
      10:39 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

No, outside noise makers are not allowed, but MSU got grandfathered in because of “tradition.”

• runningunnin.454
      10:49 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

O.K. like I said…lame.

• J-Dub421
      10:56 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

As lame as Texas whinging about people doing horns down.

• Realme
      10:59 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Oh man, it doesn’t get lamer than that. I can’t believe UofL hasn’t followed their silly example.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:34 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

RG, someone else in that thread said the rule is they can have the cowbells but have to stop when the center puts his hand on the ball. I don’t know if that’s correct or not. I’ve not really paid attention during a game, so I’ll have to try to do that tomorrow.

• runningunnin.454
      11:46 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Great, rules for doing something that can give them an advantage…that no one else can do.

• ClutchCargo
      11:50 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

I think you’re right about the rule, cg. I really wish opposing coaches would make a big deal of it and complain to the SEC when (not if) the crowd violates the rule. It’s stupid to grandfather a school into not having to follow a rule that everyone else has to follow, when it’s simply based on how fans are required to behave at games.

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:18 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

I used to be the 606, but Lexington is now 859. *sniff*

4. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:27 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

I remember a Georgia game when Tim Couch wound up in a pile hear the goal line and he came out stumbling. He tried to score on a bootleg on the next play and failed. He later said a GA player was trying to dig his eye out of his socket in that pile. He admitted he probably shouldn’t have called for the bootleg since he was still a little wobbly from the previous play.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:28 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

near…

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:30 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

And it was GA ball after that failed bootleg BTW, and we lost a close one that day in Commonwealth. I think they only beat us by 3.

• ClutchCargo
      11:53 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Then there was the UK player in the late 80’s/early 90’s who was tackled during a rainy game at CWS. Back then the field was terrible, and water was standing in various places on the field. Said he thought he was going to drown before he could get out from the bottom of the pile.

5. J-Dub421
    10:29 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

People keep saying the Kash thing isn’t a big deal, and that this sort of thing “happens all the time in the pile.” It shouldn’t happen all the time. I don’t think it’s wrong to expect better. Dudes, be better people and stop this crap. It’s unnecessary. Just play the game.

• cats646
      10:32 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

I agree it’s unnecessary, however, it really does happen all the time. I’ve had my eyes poked, leg twisted, I’ve even had my croch grabbed. It sucks but it’s just what happens.

• ClutchCargo
      10:35 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

It’s not so much what he did in the heat of the moment that bugs me. That stuff does happen all the time, and you could almost see him snap out of it after about a second and let go. But I can do without the bs about how he has had it done to him, blah, blah, blah. He needs to just shut up and play football, and I have been thinking this since about week 2..

• J-Dub421
      10:38 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Again, be better. “That’s just the way it’s always been” is a really bad reason.

• secrick
      10:38 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

I haven’t watched the video and will not watch it so i don’t think it happen.

• J-Dub421
      10:40 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

I watched the video and it was very obvious.

• secrick
      10:43 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Yep i know i need to take off those Rose Colored glasses.

• ClutchCargo
      10:45 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

I don’t disagree on that, J-Dub. He should have to do some extra running and be warned to never do it again, along with the rest of the team. It’s just that the public denial was premeditated and is an even worse look than the actions on the field.

• Realme
      10:45 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

I didn’t want to watch it either, Rick. But then my husband texted it to me. I agree with what they said earlier. Kash is a player you kind of take the good with the bad. His passion and intensity more often results in awesomeness than things we’re not proud of.

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

You probably wouldn’t believe the things that used to go on in amateur boxing. Back before thumbless gloves, you would get thumbed in the eye. Hitting below the belt was common; hell, first one you only had a warning..so you had one free shot, make it count, Ha ha
      Oh, by the way, has any tutors been choked, or coeds assaulted at UF this week?

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

UF former home of Aaron Hernandez. ‘Nuff said.

• Realme
      11:02 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

He’s not even their only murderer.

• runningunnin.454
      11:14 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Yep, Realme…Tony Joiner, a safety that played with Hernandez was arrested for murder couple of months ago.

6. ClutchCargo
    10:40 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Man, I miss Cawood. I actually got to shake his hand once later in his career, and told him how much I appreciated him.

• secrick
      10:45 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Called it like it was , if Kentucky was playing bad he would let you know and if they where playing good he would also let you know that.

• ClutchCargo
      10:49 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

He could have done the broadcasts all on his own. He had that rare ability to accurately describe what he was seeing and what he thought about it, while at the same time objectively calling the play by play.

• secrick
      11:02 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Yep, I remember going to the games and the cheerleaders would always say, HELLO CAWOOD,when he walked in , you could hear it loud and clear. Yep i know about to tell you how old i am.

• ClutchCargo
      11:08 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

We used to do that in the pep band as well.

• runningunnin.454
      11:10 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

I remember that, secrick. The whole student section would say hello to him, and he would respond with, “hello, students”.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:32 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

In “Big Blue Machine”, Russell Rice said that early in Cawood’s career, he was critical of the way the Cats played in a particular game. After the game, Rupp asked him on the bus if he was critical and he said yes. Rupp said something like “Good. When we play like that, bust our ___”.

7. secrick
    11:14 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

When the game is over tomm. the defense for Miss. St. is going to have that song SMOKE GETS IN YOUR EYES stuck in their heads.

• runningunnin.454
      11:17 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

The Platters; damn, you must be as old as me, ha ha.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:30 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

That was a little before my time, but those folks could SING!

• J-Dub421
      11:39 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Good song.

8. JonNky
    11:17 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

If you can look at the new video of Kash pay attention to what is being shown. Kash is accused of twisting Trask’s right ankle. Look closely, that is a left shoe.

• ClutchCargo
      11:19 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Nice, a conspiracy theory about UK football. Turning the page to Miss. St…

• runningunnin.454
      11:29 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Amazing the number of naifs on the internet calling for Kash to be suspended for the rest of the year, and his scholarship pulled.
      Coach talked to the SEC and to Kash; I would imagine there were some consequences…move on.
      Boxing, football, rugby…big boy games.

• secrick
      11:40 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

Never played football in my life but i did stay at Holiday Inn Express and before all the cameras this would have never been seen, to bad but i bet you he has or will pay for it because Stoops seems to be a guy that is not going to put up with it. Now like Clutch said beat Miss. St.

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

I don’t think he should be suspended. I do think he should spend an afternoon doing community service of some kind, and try to be better in the future.

• secrick
      11:45 am September 20, 2019 Permalink

J-Dub, I beat you that will happen but Stoops will not tell us.

9. sportsbird66
    12:54 pm September 20, 2019 Permalink

Cash should be suspended if he did purposely twisted the Florida QBs ankle

• runningunnin.454
      1:46 pm September 20, 2019 Permalink

Boo Hoo. Did they suspend the EMU lineman that purposely used an illegal horse collar tackle to end Terry Wilson’s season.