KSR Show Thread 9/1: Letcher County Spotlight

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the crew will catch you up on the latest in Kentucky sports, including the basketball team’s Black Lives Matter video, Jai Lucas officially joining the staff, and what’s happening in fall camp. Also, because yesterday was too busy, today is Letcher County Day, so bring us your facts and stories.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

91 Comments for KSR Show Thread 9/1: Letcher County Spotlight

1. runningunnin.454
    10:12 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Mrs T, “UK’s stand for social justice…” was a great article, very poignant. Had to have been emotionally draining for you; and, I think that most fans would be touched emotionally, and the article would serve to assuage the stronger reactions that we’ve seen.
    However, why disable the comments? A lot of that on KSR lately; and, I feel that only breeds resentment and alienation. Reasonable fans will judge any comment on their merit, or lack thereof.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:16 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I agree. If you’re willing to post political articles, you should be okay to start that dialogue. That’s the only way change happens.

• ClutchCargo
      10:17 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I think it’s the unreasonable fans and the way their comments will be used against us by others that is the problem. I don’t necessarily like having the comments being so heavily moderated, but it’s KSR’s world and we just choose to live in it.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:21 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

The problem is that most of the left, including KSR writers, equates all dissenting opinions with the overt racist comments, and that is not correct. Who among us doesn’t think black lives matter? Why is it that silence is violence but violence is not violence? There is no balance in KSR’s posts.

Do any KSR writers know who Secoriea Turner is?

• runningunnin.454
      10:22 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

That’s true, Clutch; however, most the unreasonable comments are on twitter and instagram; and, those can’t be controlled.

10:24 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Chris, love ya man, and I agree that the left is PART of the problem, but there is some blame that can be assigned with those who are right leaning too. We can ALL do better.

• runningunnin.454
      10:33 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Chris, I’m sure they know about that heartbreaking incident; and yes, black on black crime is often ignored, but I think the Atlanta’s Mayor was strong and to the point, ” You killed a baby, and this must end”.

10:34 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I personally don’t want recruits’ parents to judge the rest of us by what the worst of us say on here, but it is weird sometimes the things they choose to allow comments on vs not. And I have to agree with RCF. The far right AND the far left, in politics, media, and social media are THE problem. Both sides. As far as KSR being liberal, well, they’ve also had recurring articles from a minister and a dedicated military guy, so it isn’t completely unbalanced. I do think writers like Zack shouldn’t wade in and engage with commenters, just makes them look bad.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:34 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Yes, you are 100% correct, and KSR will not acknowledge that. Not one bit. They’ve pronounced the Kenosha cops guilty without knowing all the facts, and have little or nothing to say about Kenosha being practically burned to the ground.

Have they mentioned that Taylor’s boyfriend was a drug dealer and she was handling drug money for him? Hat tip to LakerCat for linking that article last week. That doesn’t absolve the cops if they didn’t follow procedure, but LET THE FACTS COME OUT is all I ask. Same with Jacob Taylor. He may have retrieved a karambit from his car. IF SO, and I don’t know if it’s true or not, would you want to be confronted with this?

Again, I don’t know if he did or not, but let the facts come out and have some balance in reporting. That’s all I ask.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:45 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I don’t have a problem with Zack or anyone else weighing in. I would just like their opinions to be educated. He said the cops in the Taylor case murdered her, but the leaked documents show there is more to the story. For the 1000th time, let the facts come out. If they murdered her, then charge and prosecute appropriately.

BTW, all loss of life is tragic, and my church is heavily involved in prison ministry, and most of the men and women they work with are black, and I am behind it 100%.

10:48 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

There are two sides to every argument, and the truth almost always resides somewhere in the middle. I wish the protesters would hold off until all the facts of an incident are out in the open, but that is not the way human nature works most of the time. People are on a hair trigger in today’s political climate.

I have heard it said that Breonna had a lot more involvement than what was initially released. The guy who was the drug dealer was her ex boyfriend, as I understood it. I don’t personally know her or the cops involved, so I can’t really pass judgement. I do know that the cop who fired the shots has had several women accuse him of rape or sexual assault. A friend of mine’s daughter was allegedly assaulted by him, and they are seeking legal action.

I think a big part of the problem is the way the police acted. The no knock warrant was wrong – if someone breaks my front door down in the middle of the night, I am probably coming out guns blazing as well. Again, I have also heard that the police announced their presence, but we don’t have all the facts yet. I also feel that seven shots in the back is excessive, and standing on someone’s neck for 8 minutes was excessive. Again, I fully appreciate the difficult jobs that police have to do, and I support and appreciate them, but incidents like this where so much force is used is giving them a bad image. (I do realize that when you feel a threat to your life that having a bad image is the last thing on your mind.) It’s a thorny issue. I think the police need better training, and people need to stop confronting them. I don’t know if there is an easy solution.

• runningunnin.454
      11:04 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Chris, I watched the Jacob Blake video several times; if he had a knife, why was the officer close enough to grab his shirt? Unless Blake had a firearm, just back off him. It also seemed to me that not only did the officer overreact, it appeared that there was some obvious hatred in his actions. I don’t know what kind of sidearm he carried; but if it was a .45 he emptied the magazine…even one shot from a 9mm or .40 would have ended the threat.

• millertim
      11:05 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Like many “tolerant” writers, TT’s tolerance runs in one direction… if you disagree and then present a reasonable counter argument, you must be silenced or wiped clean. Reads like a temper tantrum from a teen who covers her ears b/c the voice from the other side might seap in to her brain…

11:19 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

millertim, “temper tantrum”? Really? I think the current resident of the WH has set the bar for temper tantrums. 😉

2. ClutchCargo
    10:21 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

If limiting travel is the goal, then the KY Bubble makes sense.

10:35 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I don’t care. Put games on my tv, I will watch them.

• ClutchCargo
      10:38 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, me too. Just figure it out and have games that I can watch on tv.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:46 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Something we can all agree on!

• runningunnin.454
      10:54 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

There’s a game tonight you can watch; Murray and Mitchell, ha ha; forget about the teams involved..it’s UK and UL; WAR.

10:57 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I’m having problems keeping a gross video that was auto playing on my Twitter timeline out of my head every time Murray is mentioned.

• ClutchCargo
      11:02 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I haven’t seen a video, but vaguely remember people referring to it. I have to say, if Murray wasn’t a former Cat, he would be fairly unlikable.

Also, iHeart sucks more than normal today. I have tried multiple stations, same thing.

• ClutchCargo
      11:04 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

It has taken me awhile to get into the playoffs, but that Denver/Utah series is great. Houston/OKC is shaping up pretty good, too.

11:06 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I liked him fine before I had to see his etc and his woman friend whose privacy was so grossly invaded.

I haven’t had any issues since I started using the WHIR stream that Chris linked. It plays through your choice of media player.

• runningunnin.454
      11:11 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Okay, Rm I give up; what video are you talking about? And, Clutch, I don’t know what you’re talking about, either.

• ClutchCargo
      11:16 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

rg, I have always seen Murray as one of those guys you love to have on your team, but would hate him if he played for the other guys. Tyler Herro is another example. Not intended to be a knock on those guys at all, and I am pulling for them. I’m hoping the Celtics and Heat end up in the Eastern finals. The Celtics are my team, but I would happily cheer for the Heat if they advance.

11:17 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

There was a video of a young woman from UK doing a “favor for him”, shot from his pov. Never seen anything that graphic just autoplaying on my Twitter feed. Over and over. Massively tmi, and people were identifying her by her real name and when she was at UK.

11:22 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Wow, didn’t know that about Murray. That’s unfortunate. I’m surprised she hasn’t come after him for tweeting that out. He would be a big target with deep NBA pockets.

• runningunnin.454
      11:29 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Wow, on twitter? That just goes to my point that obviously twitter has no filters. But, I’ve been a fan of Murray since I saw him in a Nike game before he came to UK; the announcers were talking about every other player on the floor, and I wanted to know about the guy scoring all the points.
      Yep, I love watching Bam and Herro killing it; very fun team to watch.

11:38 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Still way less of a cesspool than Facebook.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:39 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

If I’m not mistaken, the girl was and still is his girlfriend. I’m in the minority that thinks it was a strategic publicity stunt to grow her social media. That’s just my opinion. Stuff like that isn’t an accident.

11:44 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

LC, I honestly hoped it was that, like maybe she was an “instagram model” or whatever and wanted the attention. But I still would rather not have seen it.

3. Realme
    10:43 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I scrolled through Kash’s Twitter media for a while last night, because I am trying to figure out if he is really all maga all the time, or if Matt sees “I love my country” and translates that to “I love Trump”. I couldn’t find a single post where he has anything Trump or maga featured or worn or in the background. I could still be wrong, because I have those words muted for text tweets, but I just don’t think he would have such genuine relationships with his black teammates if he was going around shouting Trump slogans all the time.

• friendsofcoal
      2:41 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

Can Kash not support Trump and have a genuine relationship with his black teammates? I’m really confused by this post. I can just about guarantee you that Kash supports our President and loves his black teammates/friends both. Stop with the division people!

• 44stewart
      2:57 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

Nope. Can’t support Trump and also say you support African Americans, women, Latinos, or special needs people. He has made disgusting remarks about all of these people.

• friendsofcoal
      11:34 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

I really hope that you’re being sarcastic. Again, the problem with this country is that people buy into the media bs about Trump and whoever else about being racist. Folks, the liberals and 95% of the media thrive from creating that bs!

• 44stewart
      6:29 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

He has said these things on video. It’s not made up by video.

• 44stewart
      6:30 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

“Media”.

• friendsofcoal
      10:26 pm September 3, 2020 Permalink

Please post a link showing such. You’re wrong man.

4. ClutchCargo
    10:59 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Not sure what Marsha expects to be told about the upcoming season. It’s all still up in the air for all of us. Also, she didn’t pay for 8 home games, since there was going to be 7.

11:23 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Sounded like she felt having paid for season tickets that may not even end up being useable entitled her to some occasional communications, even if they’re just “we haven’t forgotten that we took your money and are still figuring out the details”.

• ClutchCargo
      11:38 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I’m in the same boat, but I realize there is no definitive answer right now. My assumption is that any games I’m not allowed to attend, I’ll get credited to next year’s tickets. Good luck ever selling any season tickets again if they just keep peoples’ money, so I’m not worried about that.

5. millertim
    10:59 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Wow… in true MARXIST method, the “tolerant” Left has taken away any criticism of a self-righteous article written by TT. She decided to wipe clean any and all comments that didn’t meld into her narrow world view. Those who lecture about tolerance are often intolerant when the opposing view is presented…. very authoritarian (right out of the Marxist playbook). Again, I find it incredulous that any teenager, much less a highly valued athlete at UK, is above any criticism when they open their mouths and verbalize a position on a national topic… either they are “old” enough to accept criticism or they are too young to be spewing an opinion. You can’t have it both ways—- if they are old enough to express an opinion in a public forum, then they are old enough to accept the critique that follows… that applies to sports columnists as well…

11:49 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Damn, now where’s my tinfoil hat?

• millertim
      1:44 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

“Phony Cats Fan”— my apologies… I didn’t realize I would be talking over your head. You seem to struggle with TDS—Trump Derangement Syndrome (had to spell it out for you since there’s little chance you’ll understand it). You turn every criticism into an attack on the President… snap out of it. My critique was two-fold— student-athletes speaking out on issues they don’t understand and being used by agenda-driven groups AND columnists who lecture their readers about how to think and then ERASE all critical comments— real tolerance. I’m sure you stop understanding this comment after the first sentence…

4:46 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

Maybe you should direct your ire at the people who put a 19 year old athlete on the hot seat asking questions that your hero Donnie would stumble over. I have to wonder how you would have handled that situation at the same age. And Trump Derangement Syndrome? Funny. Trump is plenty deranged all by himself. I don’t hate him, nor do I like him – I simply think he is a narcissistic moron. Any objective adult should be able to see that very plainly every time he opens his mouth. Next you are going to accuse me of loving Hillary, Pelosi, et.al. They are part of the problem too.

The reason the comments get erased is they get tired of the same old conspiracy theory blather. That and the fact that the kids on the team read some of these comments.

6. jmcatt
    11:05 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

The KSR writers don’t even pretend to neutral anymore and they are all definitely thinned skinned, Matt being the worst. I had the privilege of being blocked by him this morning. I called him on his hypocrisy and he could not hit the block button quick enough. He tweeted about everyone’s coming together and respecting each others opinions and his very next tweet is him making fun of the way a guy looked who disagreed with him. He could have ignored the guy, but nope he attacked him knowing his followers would also go after the guy.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:09 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

They can have whatever views they want, just like I do.

However, I’ve seen this trait from Matt on social media as well. It’s disappointing from a guy that’s a super-fan of the show.

11:12 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

There’s a difference between disagreeing with someone and attacking someone. Our players have been viciously attacked by people who identify as fans. That is not okay.

• Bluehender
      11:18 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

You know you don’t have to read the “Marxists” KSR articles and get all worked up about it. Just don’t read it. Go somewhere else…

11:24 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I think he already has a few “favorite sites” out there. Way out there.

7. Realme
    11:09 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Wow this place just got really fun. /s

• ClutchCargo
      11:12 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

It’s always fun when comments from other articles get copied and pasted elsewhere. Not that the ST comment section is ever on topic, but still.

• runningunnin.454
      11:13 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Yep, if you don’t stop talking about sports, I’m going to have to leave, haha.

11:19 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Stick ta watching games, y’all! No more opinions. 🙂

8. Lexingtonyn
    11:12 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

My issue isn’t with the statement “Black Lives Matter.” Of course, EVERY black life matters. I also think that George Floyd and Jacob Blake, despite being despicable individuals, should have been afforded better treatment by the police. My problem is that the Black Lives Matters organization is a Marxist organization led by a self-professed Marxist that’s hell-bent on destroying our way of life in America. I encourage everyone to youtube Marcellus Wiley critique of BLM. They’ve just grabbed a title for their organization that makes you sound like you’re a racist if you speak out against them.

9. Laker Cat 18
    11:16 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Are these show thread newbies real people or are they what us in the gaming community call “bots?”

11:25 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I don’t know, but they sure will go out of their way to make money for a website they hate with their clicks.

11:29 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

They are reminding me of my neighbor. We were out walking the dog yesterday evening and he was walking the other way. We said hello, exchanged pleasantries, and my wife asked how he and his kids were doing. And that prompted him to launch into a 5 mminute diatribe on the coronavirus hoax, the deep state, the plot to overthrow Trump, and socialism taking over the country. We started to walk away, and he actually reversed direction and started walking along with us to continue his rant. We had to make up some excuse to quickly get the hell away from him. And he is a big time “gun enthusiast”. I hope he stays on his meds. :O

• Laker Cat 18
      11:32 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

*As RCF searches through Zillow…*

• runningunnin.454
      11:32 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha RCF, never never ever ask “How Are You”!

• Laker Cat 18
      11:40 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Never ask questions you don’t want to know the answer to.

11:42 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I have a neighbor and a co-worker who will just start talking and not stop. I duck to avoid the neighbor often, and will literally turn away and put my earbuds back in because no polite reply will get rid of the coworker, so I just pretend like I think she’s done when she takes a breath, lol.

11:47 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I genuinely want to know how my neighbors are doing. But I couldn’t give two shits about the latest conspiracy theory being peddled by InfoWarts.

11:47 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

That was supposed to say “InfoWars”, but I think I like “InfoWarts” better. 🙂

10. ClutchCargo
    11:24 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Of all obscure things, this Mountain Eagle talk brings back some memories. When I was at UK I had a summer job working in the special collections department of the UK library. The project I was helping with was the Harry Caudill stuff, and a lot of involved stories in the Mountain Eagle from back in his time.

• ClutchCargo
      11:27 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I feel like I know a lot more about the Whitesburg area and the Frontier Nursing Service than I should, for someone who has passed through there maybe once ever.

• ClutchCargo
      11:28 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Matt reading these comments with his natural accent is pure gold. lol

11:33 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I’m gonna have to go back and listen, I bet those are gold. If I had a dollar for every book about Harry Caudill that I’ve ordered for work…

11. Realme
    11:32 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I listened to the podcast yesterday, because my co-workers will not stop interrupting me with WORK during KSR and I miss most of it. The seminary Matt’s Mom is going to (virtually, I assume), Dallas Theological Seminary, is where my Dad received his degree several decades ago.

11:45 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

True dat! I have been trying to track a damned package that UPS conveniently lost for us all morning. And try getting an actual human being on the phone. Much less one who speaks fluent English. And dude, I know your name isn’t “Steve”, it’s Habeeb or Ashok or Shrinivasen.

12. runningunnin.454
    11:36 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Bridge of Spies is an excellent film; I recommend it with enthusiasm. I remember the Francis Gary Powers incident; it was a bizarre era in our Nation’s history.

• runningunnin.454
      11:50 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Of course, I know Rm hasn’t seen it, haha. BTW, Casablanca was on TCM last Friday; but, it was at midnight, so I didn’t mention it. They pick a star from the silver screen, and show their movies all day. They probably put Casablanca on last to keep people watching.

11:55 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

But I did sit through all of It’s a Wonderful Like for you! IDK if youtube has TCM but if it aired recently I should be able to at least tell the dvr to pick it up next time. I did watch a movie recently. A Netflix zombie movie.

13. Realme
    11:39 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

IDK why anyone drinks Diet Coke / Pepsi when Coke and Pepsi’s “Zero Sugar” versions taste way better.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:42 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Diet is a waste. Either way you go. Your best bet to “lose weight” is cutting out soda altogether. I’ve never understood the diet genre of drink choice.

• ClutchCargo
      11:42 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I have been addicted to Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke at various times. I haven’t had any kind of soft drink for about 3 years now, and both of them make me want to throw up. But even when I was hooked on Diet Coke, the zero sugar stuff just didn’t appeal to me.

11:42 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Diet Mountain Dew isn’t bad either.

• ClutchCargo
      11:44 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Diet Mt. Dew and Diet Dr. Pepper are gateway diet drinks, or at least they were for me. Enough other flavor to help cover up the artificial sweetener taste.

11:45 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

I stick to mini cans because the chemicals are still horrible, but yes, not drinking any of them would be best.

14. Realme
    11:50 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha Shannon, good one.

15. runningunnin.454
    11:56 am September 1, 2020 Permalink

$70, and Sean Penn says, “righteous bucks”.

16. Memphis UK Cat
    12:10 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

I hate that the comment section was turned off. I will say this. Mrs T.T., I think you are a treasure to KSR and in game chat room. I was very disappointed in the article from the stand point other views have been silenced.

I believe Lives of Black Matter! All Lives Matter! We are Americans living in the best country in the world. I think Cal and Stoops are great role models for these kids who in many cases don’t have fathers. But BLM has become a political tool and spewed hatred towards cops “pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon”. The leaders of BLM state “ we will burn and loot until we are heard”. This is unacceptable in society where people can speak their mind but lawlessness only hurts even the people you are protesting for. I don’t need to be told I must respect something, I will respect someone by their actions and I will not support BLM for their actions.

12:25 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

There are honestly some good people who support BLM, but I think the extreme fringe, and outside agitators, have come in and corrupted the message. Unfortunately the violence and vandalism is hurting their cause, and I think the people who have their hearts in the right place are the ones bearing the brunt of it.

• Memphis UK Cat
      2:17 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

No doubt there are good people supporting BLM.

17. catfan19
    2:21 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

If you don’t know why they turned off comments on that article, clearly you don’t read the appalling comments on this site. As a fan of Kentucky sports, a fan of this site, and a lifelong resident of Kentucky, I would love it if KSR would make it so that we could choose to have the comments on articles never appear. The faulty logic, bad assumptions, arguments predicated on racism whether the poster is aware of it or not, is just too much. And just like that extra slice of pizza, I don’t seem to be able to do what’s healthy for me and move along.

• Memphis UK Cat
      3:08 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

I don’t post often but on almost all live feeds and read everyday. The “adults” need to have conversation. These agitators are just keyboard warriors. Huge fan of KSR. Just wanted to make a statement which don’t mean anything. Lol

4:37 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

I’m glad I didn’t wade into that cesspool. And I totally agree with that pizza analogy. 🙂

18. millertim
    3:42 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

Yeah there’s nothing like being lectured to by young impressionable athletes whose life experiences and knowledge is limited to a small bubble and, better still, have yet another columnist lecture us on how to feel and respond to national events! These young athletes live inside a narrow, easily influenced echo chamber that feels the need to make public proclamations about events they’re little equipped to speak on intelligently. Many are simply sounding boards for political movements with agendas— perfect example—Brooks speaking out against Adolph Rupp. He acknowledged that he knows very little about the man but in the same sentence deems him a racist. Any coincidence that an active, vocal minority campus group of educators recently called for Rupp’s removal from the UK arena??? Pawns being played for a greater purpose that always sounds “fair” and innocuous but there is always a more insidious play being intentionally hidden.

4:36 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

Please humor me on the part where Brooks said Rupp is a racist. Those were some difficult questions that even a 40 YO adult might struggle with answering intelligently and eloquently. And we wonder why dook is getting all the basketball recruits from us.

• millertim
      7:22 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

“Being honest, I haven’t educated myself enough on Adolph Rupp, or the whole situation at hand to really give my thoughts on it,” Brooks said. “But from what I do know, I would like to see a name change, just basically because what his name is and what that’s connected to and what it kind of represents. That’s really all I can say, but I would like to see a name change.” You can find that quote further back in the KSR thread about Calipari defending Brooks wanting to remove Rupp’s name from the arena. Also you can read how it coincided with this gem— “The faculty of the African American [and] Africana Studies Program and the Commonwealth Institute of Black Studies offer our support to Keion Brooks, Jr.,” the statement said. “He courageously supported our call to change the name of Rupp Arena. Mr. Brooks has made this stand knowing full well the vitriol he will face from a segment of University of Kentucky sports fans. Mr. Brooks is already a leader on these issues as a member of the [SEC Council on Racial Equality and Social Justice]. We welcome Mr. Brooks, his teammates, Coach Calipari, and his staff to meet with us to educate him and others further about why Rupp’s name should be removed from the arena. Finally, we encourage Mr. Brooks, student-athletes, and students interested in these issues to consider enrolling in our Race and Sports class in Spring 2021.” [via ESPN] When they say “educate him” about Rupp, it means tell him that THEY think Rupp was a racist and should be removed from the arena.
      Since you took this opportunity to throw politics into with YOUR TDS, Trump actually answers ALL questions and faces live cameras, hostile reporters and news organizations most every day. Your boy, Biden, rarely leaves his coffin the basement, when he does he makes a mismashed statement and takes NO questions, even from his ardent loving mass media… Sorry bud, just b/c you don’t like him or his answers, doesn’t mean he’s not facing the music and answering questions!

19. millertim
    7:32 pm September 1, 2020 Permalink

BTW, I love how you guys call them “kids” when they’re being criticized for taking an adult stand. He’s a voter and using a very public forum to spew ignorance on a national topic he’s ill-equipped to discuss intelligently. If you want to “blame” anyone for this jejune’s performance on a national stage where such comments are sure to stir criticism, blame the agenda-driven, politically-motivated “cultural studies” club that ran him out there. He’s not going to be educated by them, but indoctrinated— maybe you ought try reading occassionally b/c this is how the Cultural Revolution took placein China in 1968. But I’m sure you and Lebron will overlook those minor details… haha!!