KSR Show Thread, 9/1: Coffee, UK and Lewis County

(Photo: Twitter/@TGThunder_Shuck)

(Photo: Twitter/@TGThunder_Shuck)

Today on Kentucky Sports Radio radio we’ll hear about Matt Jones’ coffee shop interaction, react to the latest news in the world and in the second hour we’ll take you right down the AA Highway to Lewis County.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

80 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 9/1: Coffee, UK and Lewis County

1. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:00 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Matt may be totally inept with anything Lowe’s or Home Depot in his hand, but I can see him being a barista.

10:02 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Oh yeah! Vanilla powder? Caramel syrup? Half Caff’ing it?

10:15 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I forgot to add Harbor Freight Tools. Heh. My favorite tool store.

10:16 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Is there any topping that rhymes with the word “hurt”? I can’t think of one, but if there is, I would order that because it comes out “harrrrrt” with Matt.

• RealCatsFan
      10:55 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

That is undoubtedly pumpkin spice in Matt’s hand. 🙂

Harbor Freight is fine for some stuff, but you have to watch it with some of the made in China tools – just won’t hold up to heavy use. I do like the floor jack I bought from them – so far so good.

11:02 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Stuff like tarps and basic hand tools are fine at Harbor Freight. And I have a set of masonry drill bits and a step bit that are really nice. Just don’t buy anything electronic there. I tend to feel a little guilty when I buy stuff at HF, just because I know most of it is cheap Chinese crap that undercuts the manufacturers of quality stuff.

11:02 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, my thing is I don’t know how to do a ton like you RCF, so I don’t need a $300 drill. But yeah, a lot of stuff there is not heavy duty, especially the stuff they give you free with a coupon (I think I have gotten about 10 or 12 of those free screwdriver sets…not great but free is good!).

They have introduced some contractor grade tools over the last year or 2 though, so they’re stepping up to try to compete with Dewalt, Craftsman, etc.

11:10 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

11:17 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Haha. That’s funny. I have to show it to a friend who lives at HFT (at least before Covid). He has to drive by it so much on the way to and from work he will run in and buy one of those little box cutters for retail minus 20% with a coupon and get what became boxes of the freebies. lol. Thing is, he donates a lot of that stuff to our foreign mission work. People in Panama need the flashlights and stuff like that.

BTW, even some of the more expensive name brand tools are made in China now. I guess they had to do that to compete with Walmart as well as HFT. I lot of their tools look exactly the same except for color differences in some cases.

11:21 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Clutch, I only skimmed it so far. The Bono safety glasses is the best! lol

11:31 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I’m going to run over there after the show and get some Bono safety glasses, cordless hammer and the 8 function electronic multi-tool.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:02 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Drew is a day behind; and, that picture looks like Alfred E. Newman, “What, me worry”.

• runningunnin.454
      10:10 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I would say that’s an insouciant grin, wouldn’t you? Not a care in the world.

10:13 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I like where you can see the original photo’s hair on top of his. Now we know what he will look like with a toupee.

10:50 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

It looks like a Starbucks employee wearing a Matt mask. Like a real-life whisperer from TWD.

10:50 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

RG, stop usin’ them 10 dollar words I have to run to the dictionary or use that thar googley machine fer.

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

As we used to say in the 4th grade, “Look it up in your Funk & Wagnalls” ha ha.

• RealCatsFan
      10:56 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Is Alfred E. related to Newman from Seinfeld? Inquiring minds want to know.

10:57 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

That should be a band, not a reference book.

• runningunnin.454
      11:15 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

11:18 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

The drummer’s afro is awesome.

• RealCatsFan
      11:33 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, that fro is Artis Gilmore level.

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:14 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

BTW, you all are my friends, so just so you know, I didn’t bow out yesterday because I was mad about anything political anyone said disagreeing with me. I just got busy! I just thought I would say that because of the timing of said bow out.

• runningunnin.454
      10:16 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Did you know yesterday’s ST went all the way to this morning? New Word Record?

10:19 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Oh Lord, did it really?

10:51 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I saw it was still going last night. I haven’t checked it today.

10:52 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I do consider you all my virtual friends. Is that awesome, or weird? 😉

I haven’t heard the fellas do an “Awesome or Weird” segment in a while.

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Apparently I have been labeled as having TDS – Trump Derangement Syndrome or some BS like that. 😀

10:58 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Might be weird, but same for me.

11:00 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Well at least our extra friends from yesterday didn’t come back.

11:04 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Prayers for RCF in dealing with that TDR and also his reading disability. 🙂

11:05 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

*TDS. Apparently I have issues, too.

11:12 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

So does TDS mean you are pro Trump or anti? Is there a vaccination? Do the masks help?

11:16 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

TDS is when somebody hates Trump so much that they freak out over anything he does, even if it is something good. Trashburn suffers from Cal Derangement Syndrome, which is similar.

• runningunnin.454
      11:34 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I’m sure RCF appreciated the fee analysis ha ha.

4. Laker Cat 18
    10:14 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Was this a Starbucks? If so, that explains it all.

10:18 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I get that they can’t take potentially covid contaminated items back through the window, but just put a trash can there. Problem solved.

5. Realme
    10:16 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I like to go all Matt on a drive thru when they tell me to pull out of line and wait, but there isn’t anyone behind me. Like whose time are we saving if it isn’t holding anyone up? They get real mad, but they lie and say things like, your food is going to take 8 more minutes. Finally the other day, an Arby’s woman just answered honestly, “it’s because of our timer.” Oh, okay, no problem then.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:19 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Arby’s: Would you like any sauces?

Me: 1 Horsey and A LOT of Arby Sauce.

I get back to work and there is 1 packet of each. 0-10 really quick right there.

• runningunnin.454
      10:22 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Okay, so how long did he argue at the drive-thru? Just take it, and with much pomp, drop it right in front of the drive-thru.

10:54 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Yes, the pulling forward is a game they play to keep the numbers looking good for avg time spent in the drive through line.

11:06 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

The 3 pepper sauce is good stuff.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:40 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

3 Pepper sauce is great. I’m an Arby sauce fan. I could drink that stuff with a straw.

12:00 pm September 2, 2020 Permalink

I don’t like the horsey stuff. It’s like gasoline fumes or something going up my nose. My wife loves it though. I love spicy food but can’t do the horseradish.

6. Realme
    10:29 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

If you’re burning your UK shirts because some kids don’t share your opinion of the world, don’t let the door hit ya.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:42 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

If that dude is like me, he’s probably naked this morning. My entire wardrobe is Kentucky.

10:44 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Same. No customers coming inside at work, so our dress code is relaxed. Shorts & UK shirt every day. I’ve been cycling through all the stained and holey ones, just to see how far I can take it.

10:56 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

It can’t be a bad thing that fewer idiots will be wearing UK shirts, right?

• RealCatsFan
      10:59 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Clutch, if only it was that easy to keep them from tweeting he players.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:39 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Slow ST; maybe Matt should sing for us,

10:43 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Wow he really is Matt’s twin. I’ve made at least 74 comments, so don’t blame me, lol.

11:12 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

“What? Me worry?”

I never knew about that song. People in the comments are saying it was originally a cardboard record insert in the magazine in like 1963. Who remembers the records on the backs of cereal boxes? I think I’ve asked that before but not sure. Anyway, it was thin clear plastic on the back and you cut the back off and trimmed it.

• runningunnin.454
      11:21 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I remember those; who says the ’60’s weren’t fun?

• RealCatsFan
      11:28 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I remember them too.

11:41 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I had a Jackson Five record from a box of Super Sugar Crisp back in the day.

12:02 pm September 2, 2020 Permalink

We had a Bobby Sherman. I think it came off Raisin Bran but I’m not sure. They put them on all their cereals. Here’s the Bobby Sherman among others:

8. runningunnin.454
    10:51 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

The programmers don’t keep up with anything obviously; they expect Auburn to stomp us, smh.

9. Realme
    11:10 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I love it when Ryan is in a mood to clap back at Matt.

10. runningunnin.454
    11:12 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Mary Weather Lewis, hah hah hah, Ryan.

11:17 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

That’s right up there with the many many people who call people pre-Madonnas around here.

• runningunnin.454
      11:24 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, there was one guy who said that in multiple comments; I wanted to ask, “What’s Madonna have to do with it”

11:25 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I want to make a “persay” joke in response, but I don’t have time to think that much right now. 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      11:27 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

So who would be considered a “pre-Madonna”? Linda Rondstat? Would Lady Gaga be a “post-Madonna”? 🙂

11. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:19 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Oh great, the roofers are back on top of our building. I was hoping they would finish last night. Sometimes it’s not too bad but sometimes it sounds like they have jackhammers instead of nail guns. I guess it depends on how close they are to my office.

• RealCatsFan
      11:26 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

It’s always nice when they drop a bundle of shingles and the plaster starts falling off the ceiling.

12. runningunnin.454
    11:22 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Matt wins the Ham Contest!

13. RealCatsFan
    11:25 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

I am pretty much missing the whole show. Been on the phone with UPS trying to file a claim for the $600 package that mysteriously disappeared under their care. 🙁 Now on hold. Someone give me come cliff notes.

11:27 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Just don’t forget to submit your country ham essay.

14. Realme
    11:26 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Hope they’re not KSR cursing David Blayne right now.

15. runningunnin.454
    11:45 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

They’re having the fake noise in honor of UNC’s faux classes. Will they be able to synchronize it; what if the home team fumbles, and the crowd roars?

11:48 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Somebody a lot smarter than me needs to figure out how to hack into the fake crowd noise. Ha!

• RealCatsFan
      11:49 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Opposing fan bases would love to work in some chants to heckle the home team. 😀

16. RealCatsFan
    11:47 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Is this our buddy on the phone? GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

• RealCatsFan
      11:48 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Oh good lord don’t get him too worked up, Matt, he might have a coronary!

11:50 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

My BP was rising just from listening to him.

11:52 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

Maybe next time they could just play some cats screaming at each other.

12:04 pm September 2, 2020 Permalink

I missed it due to the jackhammers on the roof. They just stopped, but it’s probably lunchtime for them.

12:07 pm September 2, 2020 Permalink

Jackhammers on the roof is pretty much what the rest of us heard on that call.

17. richbrookstomato
    11:58 am September 2, 2020 Permalink

The video supporting BLM was put out by UK Basketball. The things that Cash put out were on his own, not under the UK Football program. Big difference. This must mean that UK supports BLM.

18. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    12:06 pm September 2, 2020 Permalink

If you’re still here, I just checked out yesterday’s ST, and it’s been purged down to 90 comments. I think it was at around 130 or more last time I saw it.