KSR Show Thread 8/6: News and ghost stories!

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will recap a busy day of news and…tell ghost stories? Why not, Matt’s not here.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

42 Comments for KSR Show Thread 8/6: News and ghost stories!

1. Realme
    10:12 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Murder talk! Sounds like the remains found must be Crystal’s, and maybe now they finally feel like they will have enough to charge the men everyone knows were her killer and who helped cover it up.
    Maybe some kind of justice will come out of this for her dad and for Ellis.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:15 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

If I were the Houck brothers, I’d be running far, far away. The Bardstown podcast is great by the way. If you’ve never listened to it, you should. I’d never move to Bardstown. Talk about a corrupt city with corrupt powerful people.

10:16 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

I hope so. It’s ridiculous how those unsolved cases have just sat there with no progress at all for so long. Nelson Co is such a corrupt and sketchy place.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:22 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Bardstown is a prime example of the powerful people being the bad guys.

• Realme
      10:24 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

I have listened to the podcast, and watched the tv show. Good stuff. I think Bardstown is a nice place except for the eggregiously unsolved murders. Meet my parents there for a meal often.

10:26 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Don’t forget the about the mother and daughter who were mysteriously killed and no suspects, although that might not be related.

• Realme
      10:29 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, that case is more mysterious. So sad.

• Realme
      11:10 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Are they trying to gangster style put Brooks in jail for tax evasion since they haven’t been able to get him on murder?

11:12 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

That’s what I’m thinking. Kind of validates the organized crime suspicions, at least to me. Give em the old Al Capone treatment.

2. Realme
    10:22 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Also Murder talk! Ray Lewis.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:22 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

I LOL’d at this.

10:23 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Ha! I really wanted to make a joke about needing a suit for the Cat Walk, but that wouldn’t be fair to the sons. I’m most definitely not a fan of Ray, but I’ll try to hold back.

• Realme
      10:26 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Obligatory as long as it’s not a white suit joke.

• Realme
      10:28 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

I hope this transfer works out well for UK and for them. Lot of transfers seems to be a red flag, but hope this landing spot is finally the right one.

10:28 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Well, naturally my comment was going to involve a white suit. I wish the sons well, and I hope dad says far away from the UK program.

3. ClutchCargo
    10:31 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Two pretty good kickers returning? I seem to remember us struggling to find someone who could even make PATs reliably.

• Realme
      10:33 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Duffy and who is the second?

10:37 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Don’t know. Maybe Duffy can also be a placekicker. Not sure how that works with his scrambling/almost going for it style. lol

• Realme
      10:39 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Ruffalo is promising, but I don’t know if he’s established as fully good yet.

• RealCatsFan
      11:50 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Poor Chance Poore…

11:54 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

I hope he can get it together, RCF. That dude can kick it a country mile, but has no idea where it’s going.

4. Realme
    10:36 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Matt’s gonna be mad they’re interviewing this guy before he gets to do his discussion of this season of the show next week.

I’ve watched a few episodes. The part that blew my mind was learning via her football player grandson the Marion Zimmer Bradley was a sick &%$#. I had read her most famous book 20 years ago and still remember it.

5. Laker Cat 18
    10:39 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

I’m in the middle of Last Chance U. I really like this guy. This season isn’t all about the players being “rejects” like the past two series with EMCC and ICC. The guys this season are well-coached, very resilient human beings outside of football. They’re taking care of their kids, they’re sleeping in their cars…housing isn’t offered at California JUCO’s. Crazy different than the other schools profiled.

• Realme
      10:43 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

The football parts haven’t got my attention, but the players have interesting stories. I hope that kid whose dad was abusive (“can’t have two lions in the same house” creep) is doing well now. Dior.

6. ClutchCargo
    10:55 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

I remember my grandparents using WD-40 in this manner a long time ago.

• RealCatsFan
      11:52 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

They say you can fix anything with duct tape and WD40. If it moves when it’s not supposed to, use the duct tape. If it doesn’t move and it’s supposed to, break out the WD40. My dad was a bog believer in both. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. ClutchCargo
    11:20 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

I’m not 100% convinced one way to the other as to the existence of ghosts, but I did have something happen (in Bardstown of all places) that I can’t explain. We were going as a family to go see the Stephen Foster Story, and went to eat at Old Talbot Tavern beforehand. We had finished eating and the wife and kids got up to go to the restroom while I waited for the check. While I’m just sitting there, it was like somebody was walking behind me and bumped against my chair, like what happens all the time in a restaurant. So I just slide forward to make room. Except our table wasn’t very close to any other table, and there was nobody anywhere near me when I immediately turned around.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:30 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

I fully believe in spirits among us. I used to live in a house where multiple things would happen that couldn’t be explained. Since I moved about 5 years ago….not one thing has happened at the new location. Coincidence?

• Realme
      11:33 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

I don’t believe but I’d never act like someone who thinks they’ve seen one is dumb. People (my MIL) who look for “orbs” in photos, though. I often feel that sensation of a small weight settling on my bed even though my cats are on the other side of the door. Ghosts of my previous cats?

• Laker Cat 18
      11:37 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

I questioned things before moving into my previous home. When I left, that completely changed. I’m a definite believer now. Something about that house specifically…

11:40 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

There is a really old cemetery not too far from me that has a reputation for being haunted. You drive about 10 miles out in the country on this one road. It gradually narrows to down to one lane and dead ends at the creepiest cemetery you have ever seen. Just picture a cemetery from any scary movie, and it’s that to a T. Rickety old wrought iron gates and all (which have now been taken down, sadly). Everybody called it the Gates of Hell when I was growing up. Lots of reports of orbs and whatnot, although I never saw that.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:48 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

There is a local cemetery (I say local, but it’s in the middle of nowhere) that is surrounded by your normal chain link fence. There is one tombstone in the back that has the iron fence around it specifically within the rest of the fencing. I’ve always wondered why that one was worth the extra fencing. The “Caged Grave” is what we call it.

8. ClutchCargo
    11:21 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Help, Mrs TT! I just wanted to tell my harmless Bardstown ghost story. ๐Ÿ™‚

11:25 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

?

11:25 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Thanks

9. ClutchCargo
    11:42 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Shut up, Red. Your call has officially been appreciated. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Realme
      11:44 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

I bet he’s still talking.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:54 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Wow, two pages of train pictures to get past the captcha…

11:55 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

I hate those things. I always end up overthinking things and second guessing myself. But then it usually takes whatever I choose, so who knows.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:55 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

First day of the Street Rod Nationals and I’m stuck at work. ๐Ÿ™ I was up until 1 AM doing the eleventh hour thrash. Garage looks like a bomb exploded in it. But it’s fixed and ready to roll!

• Realme
      11:56 am August 6, 2020 Permalink

Have fun!

12:04 pm August 6, 2020 Permalink

I have never been an expert on anything mechanical, but I really love seeing old cars that have been well-maintained or restored. I can appreciate anything that somebody has put in the tedious work and attention to detail to pull it off, whether it’s cars or whatever.