KSR Show Thread, 8/5: Football Week continues with Nick Roush

On today’s edition of the Kentucky Sports Radio radio show, Ryan Lemond and I have flown in Nick Roush from Louisville to go a little more in depth on this year’s football team.

We’ve heard from former players the past two days, but Nick is on top of the current happenings within the program and he’ll join us for the full two hours to talk UK Football on the day fall camp was supposed to start.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

29 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 8/5: Football Week continues with Nick Roush

1. RealCatsFan
    10:05 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Sad way to start the day, hearing of the passing of Cullan Brown from osteosarcoma. With all the bad stuff about COVID around us, it’s easy to lose sight of all the people who are battling other serious, life threatening illnesses. I sure hope 2021 is kinder to us than 2020.

• runningunnin.454
      10:12 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

2020sux!

• ClutchCargo
      10:14 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Really sad and scary at the same time. He was just diagnosed less than a year ago.

• Realme
      10:15 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Just awful.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:21 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

If your momma still has the Marlboro in her mouth while she’s cussing out the state trooper, you could be a VOL fan.

• ClutchCargo
      10:37 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

I don’t remember if there was a UT bumper sticker on the the car, but while driving down I-75 through Nawksvul a few years ago, I witnessed an entire family of 4 (including a toddler in a forward-facing car seat) flip off another driver who had kind of cut them off. I sh*t you not.

• RealCatsFan
      10:46 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

What kind of car was it, Clutch? Did it have matching paint/primer/rust on each fender? Any mullets involved.

That would have been great to have on video! 😀

• ClutchCargo
      10:58 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

It’s been close to 15 years ago, so I’m a little fuzzy on the details of the vehicle. Dash cam would have been amazing right about then. 🙂

3. Realme
    10:25 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Counting down to work on Monday, probably won’t be around as much for a while, it’s going to be a mess. You guys should probably do a betting pool for how many days before I complain about having to work (after 5 months of complaining about not working). 🙂

• Realme
      10:45 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Over / Under 6 days.

• RealCatsFan
      10:47 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

I’ll take 2. First day is usually everyone being grateful to have you back.

• ClutchCargo
      11:02 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

I’ll take the over. That second Monday has a lot of potential.

• Realme
      11:42 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

That’s my guess too Clutch. I can coast on being busy and happy to be back for a week, but then… another Monday morning?

4. ClutchCargo
    10:43 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Hearing Cullan talk with Matt on the radio is like a gut punch, now that he has passed. And I never knew him or his family.

• Realme
      10:45 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

That accent. And he sounded like the nicest person ever.

• RealCatsFan
      10:48 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Sometimes the world seems so backwards – the kind, nice, soft-spoken folks who help others seem to be the ones we lose too soon, while the total a-holes seem to walk around unscathed. I just don’t understand it. Did Karma take an extended smoke break?

5. Realme
    10:54 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Nick is at his best when talking about football.

• ClutchCargo
      11:07 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Agree. He is one of the few KSR people who actually knows something about football.

6. runningunnin.454
    11:04 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Thing I’ve noticed about the Reds is that they take the starters out, and go to the bull pen too quickly. Three years ago, my Tigers did the same thing; that guy would take a starter with a 1 or 2 hitter out in the 8th inning, and go to the worst bull pen in MLB

• ClutchCargo
      11:10 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

You’re preaching to the choir, rg. I guess I understand trying to build the confidence of the bullpen, but just win games right now in this short season. And I don’t know when the rules changed to say that starters can’t throw more than 100 pitches in a game.

• runningunnin.454
      11:14 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

In the early ’60’s, Whitey Ford was going to speak at a luncheon. A sportswriter said, “Ford will speak for 7 minutes, and Luis Arroyo will speak for 2 minutes”.

7. ClutchCargo
    11:13 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Good on Ryan for trying to get in shape. I was into that HIIT stuff for awhile, and it’s tough.

8. ClutchCargo
    11:17 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Anybody watch “The Man in the High Castle?” I originally got interested in signing up for Amazon Prime just for that series, but I haven’t started watching it until last night. One episode in, and I like it so far.

• Realme
      11:45 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

No but I do remember looking at it and considering watching it once. Every time I get a Prime free trial, I get annoyed by how half of what I try to watch isn’t included and just appreciate Netflix more.

• ClutchCargo
      11:55 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

I have never subscribed to HBO before, and Prime had several HBO shows I could watch early on in the pandemic, so that was nice. Overall, I think I like Prime a little better than Netflix, but they both have their place on my streaming apps lineup.

9. ClutchCargo
    11:30 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Quick kick? Please no.

• runningunnin.454
      11:36 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Hah, no; the quick kick became obsolete in the ’50’s with the T formation.

10. runningunnin.454
    11:31 am August 5, 2020 Permalink

Preseason basketball rankings are all over the place. Early, UL was in top 20, and ranked ahead of us; most recent I’ve seen has UK #12, and UL unranked.
    If we get to play, and IF Sarr can play, we’ll be top 5.