KSR Show Thread 8/4: Live from Kroger Field

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from camp chairs outside Kroger Field and the Louisville studio. Today, Ryan, Drew, and Shannon the Dude will break down the news of the day and talk a little more football as we wait to find out what Kentucky’s 2020 schedule will be.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

44 Comments for KSR Show Thread 8/4: Live from Kroger Field

1. runningunnin.454
    10:01 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

After the wettest July I have ever seen, now August seems like Autumn; this whole year is wack.

• Realme
      10:08 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

I’m just hoping we don’t get a repeat of last year, when it was still hitting 90 in October.

• RealCatsFan
      10:20 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

I’m not complaining – perfect weather predicted for the Street Rod Nationals. Now if we could just get rid of this pandemic thingy…

• ClutchCargo
      10:24 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

The weather is weird but awesome right now. I’ll take it!

2. Realme
    10:11 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

I understand and support Terry if he decides with a baby on the way that he needs to not play. But he’s already here and practicing, probably time to decide. Also, he has an awful lot of Twitter talk that he won’t be able to back up if he opts out.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:24 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

I’m the same way. I’ll support him if he decides family first. However, you may as well call it a career if that’s the case. I’m not sure what his aspirations are at the next level, but I would have to see to believe when it comes to having a severe injury junior year and sitting out your senior year…then rebounding with a professional career. I would think that would be very unlikely. Heck, he may not have any intention of playing on after college anyway.

• ClutchCargo
      10:26 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Whatever he does, it seems that it will have been carefully considered, and I’m good with that. I would hate for him to miss his SR season, but this is a life changing moment about to happen for him.

• ClutchCargo
      10:31 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

If I’m being completely honest, I don’t know that he is NFL QB material. So the time to turn the page to life after football could come sooner than expected if sitting out ends up being the best thing.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:35 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Agreed. With that said, sitting out this year could mean the difference in a $50k/year 9-5 and a 6-figure paycheck. That sure would make things a lot easier as a 22 year old with a newborn.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:36 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Something else to think about on that line is he doesn’t have to play QB at the next level and he doesn’t have to go to the NFL to play professionally.

• runningunnin.454
      10:37 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Terry should play only if he is willing to avoid contact with his daughter for several months; that’s quite the sacrifice. I just wouldn’t chance it.
      Passive immunity only lasts a few weeks, and infants’ immune systems aren’t fully developed for several months. Also, their airways are smaller, and they are susceptible to viral respiratory infections.

• Realme
      10:39 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

That’s sad to think about. Hope he’s getting good advice about that.

3. Realme
    10:13 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Jojo is the absolute best. He needs to be on the airways more often.

• ClutchCargo
      10:28 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

My lasting memory of JoJo is him being carried off the field by his teammates in that S. Carolina game.

• Realme
      10:31 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

He came in saying with absolute certainty that he was here to change the game. Then he won that game single handedly, which was the beginning of where we are now.

• RealCatsFan
      10:36 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Ah yes, Will “Wildman” Muschamp had no answer for the patented WildKemp offense. 🙂

• ClutchCargo
      10:41 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

This is one of those times I wish we could post a pic directly into the comments. The pic of really mad Will Muschamp would be awesome right now. lol

4. RealCatsFan
    10:24 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

So I got to spend my Monday evening flat on my back under the Camaro drilling out a bold that had snapped off inside of an axle housing. Good times. Then got to tap it out. Turned a 15 minute job into 4+ hours. Rust never sleeps. BTW, this is why the labor rates seem so ridiculously high for auto repair. Sometimes you have things like this crop up, and if you don’t have some wiggle room, you could lose your shirt if a job that you thought would take 2 hours suddenly takes 8.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:25 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

I’ve got a 67 Mustang in my garage that needs some TLC.

• RealCatsFan
      10:38 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Sweet! I like Mustangs too. In fact, I like most all of the old cars. If I ever won Powerball, I would probably have a huge collection of various old cars.

• runningunnin.454
      10:53 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Had the chance to buy a ’57 Caddy several years ago; but, the AC didn’t work. That thing was beautiful, and I regret passing on it.

• RealCatsFan
      10:54 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

• RealCatsFan
      10:55 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

BTW, one of the actual Mustangs that were used in the chase scene from the movie “Bullitt” was stored in a barn near Walton KY for many years, unknown by many.

• RealCatsFan
      10:56 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

rg, haven’t you heard of 460 air conditioning? Roll down all the windows and get it up over 60!

• runningunnin.454
      11:04 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Yep, with the radio blasting Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry just like Christine. Oops, Christine was a Plymouth Fury. However, two other Plymouth models, Belvedere and Savoy, were used in the movie.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:12 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Mine is identical to this one, except the wheels are a little different and the interior is red.

• RealCatsFan
      11:16 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Is black the original color on yours? If so, that’s pretty desirable.

Here’s an original black over white car that needs some TLC.

• runningunnin.454
      11:17 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

I’m still pist my Dad traded a ’57 Chevy; I have a picture of him sitting behind the wheel and a pack of Camels rolled up in his t-shirt sleeve. He traded it after just a few months, because he didn’t like the way in handled…oh COME ON, DAD.
      Traded it for a ’57 Plymouth Fury, ha ha ha.
      LC, that’s a sweet ride.

• RealCatsFan
      11:19 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

rg, the 58 Sport Fury in the movie “Christine” was a really cool car! And they trashed some pretty nice old musclecars in that movie, including a 68 Camaro and a 69 Charger.

Does anyone remember a horror movie from the 70’s called “The Car”? That was a highly modified Lincoln Continental.

• RealCatsFan
      11:23 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Mine looks real similar to this – different hood…

• RealCatsFan
      11:26 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

My other car looks a whole lot like this, but black interior

• runningunnin.454
      11:31 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

OOH, I didn’t see “The Car” but now I want to; love horror flicks…and cars.

5. Realme
    10:36 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Someone on my Twitter yesterday retweeted Andy (HH obsessed Andy, not we can’t be doing that Andy), because he was correcting the guys for something they said about his stupid tattoo. I was so close to replying to him that he needs to knock it off.

• ClutchCargo
      10:47 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Damn, we just spoke him into existence. Ugh!

• Realme
      10:48 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Oops.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:47 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

TOUCHDOWN KENTUCKY; if only we get to hear it this year.

• Realme
      10:49 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

I don’t want these guys to be endangered, but that would make me so happy.

7. Realme
    10:50 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Wow, baby Tom Leach was already good at it.

8. ClutchCargo
    10:54 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Ha! I think interviewing Cal would be the easiest thing ever for an on-air person. Just say “go!” and let him know when it’s time for a commercial break.

• RealCatsFan
      10:58 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, Cal definitely loves to hear himself talk. Ellen probably has mastered the fine art of tuning him out.

• ClutchCargo
      10:59 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Maybe he doesn’t get to talk so much at home, so it’s like he has some kind of newfound freedom to let it all out. 🙂

9. RealCatsFan
    11:12 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

So they are talking about doing burpees? I thought that was something that you did after chugging a beer – or a soft drink.