KSR Show Thread, 8/30: LIVE from the Manchester Music Fest

The KSR crew is kicking off the Kentucky football season in Manchester. Before the Manchester Music Fest rocks out in Clay County, Matt Jones and the rest of the gang preview Kentucky’s season-opener against Toledo.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

66 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 8/30: LIVE from the Manchester Music Fest

1. Ridge Runner
    9:58 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Love the banner in the pic. Haaa

• Ridge Runner
      10:01 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Ya ought to have lil Wayne or Scarface on speakers too. (Of course with a certain part voiced-over)
      🙂

• Realme
      10:04 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, that was controversial last year (no one can have fun with anything). I wonder if they brought it back or if KSR used last year’s picture.

• runningunnin.454
      10:05 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

I like M & M’s…melt in your mouth, not in your hands.

• Realme
      10:14 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Um, what’s the “F” in your interpretation? 😛

10:15 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

The world would be a better place if certain people had a sense of humor – especially those people who cannot laugh at themselves. That is all. 🙂

• ClutchCargo
      10:21 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Those who can’t laugh at themselves, I am glad to help them out with that. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:44 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

The ‘F’ is for “Fuh You”…for you, ha ha by McCartney.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:14 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Syd wins again, looking at Tokyo 2020; and, Chuck Berry says,
    “Watch her, look at her run”

• Realme
      10:15 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Has anyone beat her, ever?

10:16 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Sydney is simply awesome. I’m glad that she graced BBN with her presence, if even for a short time.

• runningunnin.454
      10:19 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, she lost USU trials to Dalilah Muhammad last time out, when Muhammad broke the world record.

• runningunnin.454
      10:23 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

But, Muhammad came in 3rd at the Diamond League.

10:39 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

She’s becoming our FloJo.

3. ukkatzfan
    10:21 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Welcome Home Richie !!!

4. RealCatsFan
    10:24 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

What band were they just playing? Loved it!!

• Realme
      10:27 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

The Cleverlys? I thought it was awful, but I may be in the minority.

• Realme
      10:35 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Bishop Gunn I could listen to.

10:35 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

It was awful in a hilarious kind of way! 😀

10:36 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

This country c(rap) is awful. #OldManProblems

• bouzoukiman
      10:38 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

10:43 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

There is some rap that I can tolerate, but it is a pretty small sampling of that musical landscape. Most of the stuff that my kids listen to is utterly disposable in my opinion. NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!! 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      11:03 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Only rap song I like is “Christmas in Hollis” by Run-D.M.C.
      Play that A Very Special Christmas CD every year. Also liked Madonna on Santa Baby.

• CB3UK
      11:28 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Not just an old man problem Chris Gettlefinger. This “young man” thinks its pretty awful too.

11:46 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

^^^lol. WORD!!!

11:50 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

I can handle a little MC Hammer “Can’t Touch This”, a little Run DMC “You Be illin”, but I know no other song by DMC except the cover of “Walk This Way”, which I didn’t care for.

11:55 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

I kind of like “Jump” by House of Pain when they play it at games. I wouldn’t go out of my way to listen to it, but in certain situations like that, it’s a fun song. Nelly’s “Hot in Here” was a big hit with the DJ at our epic houseboat parties at Lake Cumberland back in the day. 😉

5. runningunnin.454
    10:27 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Anybody watch UCLA v Cincinnati last night? The announcers were brazenly cheering for UCLA; what has happened to professionalism?

10:39 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

After the Epstein suicide, Eric Crawford of WDRB wrote a really good piece on the decline of competence in America. It hit the nail on the head, and pounded it in.

• 4everUKblue
      1:02 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

Really thought you were more awake than that RCF.

1:37 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

Oh, don’t get me wrong – I don’t believe for a moment that Ep’s death was really a suicide. Now I think it’s open for debate who was behind it. There were people on both side of the political spectrum who would be exposed by confessions from him. I was commenting on the fact that competence (and pride in workmanship) in general has gone down the tubes. It’s why someone who is a true craftsman at their trade is always in unbelievable demand.

• 4everUKblue
      2:26 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

You’re right on both counts. I suspect Bill Clinton is among those who would want him dead as well as Trump. The elite are a bunch of pedophiles for sure.

• 4everUKblue
      2:45 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

There are plenty more of the elite who wanted him dead and when the elite want you dead there’s nowhere you can hide.

6. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:41 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

So 2 years ago some of us were worried about going to SC and Jack Pilgrim wrote a “Relax, they can’t play with us” post. He turned out to be right (of course I think that’s also when Deebo broke his leg). He and the rest pick us to lose this year.

What the what Jack?

10:44 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

All streaks must end eventually – so maybe he’s playing the odds.

10:53 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Modbot. *sigh* All I said was…

10:53 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

maybe

10:53 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

they’ll have shirts that say…

10:54 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

no one…

10:54 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

beats…

10:55 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

us 32…you know the rest.

10:59 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Ah, the hoops we jump through for our beloved modbot… 🙂

7. Realme
    10:42 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Richie may have made his share of mistakes, but at least he’s smart enough to not bash the current program.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:45 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

You know, I don’t really care that much if Rupp Arena is not sold out every year, as long as we still lead the country in overall attendance.

• Realme
      10:49 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

It’s a little early to be moaning about attendance in the newly shrunk arena, not sure why Matt pulled that out as an example. But now that we are smaller, we probably won’t stay at the top of that list, but I guess it doesn’t matter to me. I just want a good atmosphere.

11:01 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

I love Stoops, but I’m sorry, I don’t want to hear anyone moan about empty stands (especially for a Toledo) when they’ve priced such a large population out of big time sports. Cry me a river.

It’s similar to Dabo saying he’ll quit if they start paying players because that’s not what college sports is about or something…right after signing for NINE MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR!!! Puh-leeze!!!

• ClutchCargo
      11:15 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

I get what you’re saying about ticket prices, but the top programs don’t have this problem. Or maybe they do and I’m just not seeing it. My hope is that the long-suffering fan base is still in wait and see mode and will eventually come around to fully embracing football.

11:53 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

There are empty seats at some Bama games when they play a Mercer or a directional school I don’t know if that’s season ticket holders that don’t show up or not.

One problem with that is the kick is usally 11:00 for those games, and the heat and humidity is BRUTAL in Alabama in the early season. Today is a different story. It was actually a cool low humidity 65 when I got up this morning. WOO-HOO!!! However, it will be back to the normal 75 in the morning and 5000 degrees with 500% humidity in a few days.

9. RealCatsFan
    10:50 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Hot take – I think I could listen to Barney the Dinosaur for 30 minutes before I could listen to The Chipmunks for 5 minutes.

10:58 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

We had their classic Christmas album (I think my mom still has it), and once when we were kids, we figured out if you put the record on 16 rpm instead of 33, you heard Dave Seville singing in regular voices but very slowly. He did all the parts I think, and it had to be hard to sing like that enough to record a whole album.

• Realme
      10:59 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

At a previous job, boss used to play music and sing along at the office. One of her albums was Chipmunks Christmas. I think I still have buried rage in my heart…

11:00 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

When we were kids we liked to slow down records so everyone sounded drunk.

11:02 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

I remember when our troops were trying to flush the Taliban out of their hiding places in the mountain caves – they used to blast Barney at 120 decibels into the caves. I always thought the Chipmunks would have been much more effective. Although our troops would have needed earplugs to prevent collateral damage.

11:06 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Realme, when my girls were little they had that album. It mysteriously ended up getting “lost” after a while. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      11:14 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Christmas Don’t Be Late…in Alvin’s voice, OKAAAAY.

11:45 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

“AL-VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNN!!!”

10. RealCatsFan
    11:15 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

So sorry to hear about Darius Miller tearing his achilles tendon. Injuries suck. Found out yesterday that one of my best friend’s daughter (another volleyball player) may have tore her ACL – pending MRI results.

11. runningunnin.454
    11:18 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

If that was the Steelers’ first team OL last night, Big Ben will have a tough year. Even Benny can’t hit a hole that’s not there.

12. RealCatsFan
    11:43 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

So sorry to hear about Josephine. Alzheimer’s is a cruel, cruel disease. Prayers to everyone dealing with it.

13. Realme
    11:43 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Man that is completely heartbreaking about Josephine and Don.

14. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:44 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Oh no! Josephine was the best. Again, I am POSITIVE I heard her call Cal right after he was hired.
    I forget if he was on BBI with Dick Gabriel or if it was Tom Leach with an impromptu off-season coaches show (the latter I think).

Prayers for the family.

15. RealCatsFan
    11:52 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

Oh good Lord, Ryan running around with his shirt off is probably enough by itself to keep Matt from getting elected if he ran for senator. I wonder if the Turtle’s little mole is in attendance with his camera out. 🙂

11:54 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

I think the shirt off thing has played out. I love Ryan but he needs a new shtick.

11:57 am August 30, 2019 Permalink

He should get the number 22 shaved into his back hair – kind of like this dude:

12:07 pm August 30, 2019 Permalink

Yes! (and that is gross BTW, but funny)