KSR Show Thread 8/27: Kentucky football lands a star transfer

Photo: 247Sports

Photo: 247Sports

Late Monday evening, KSR’s Matt Jones broke the news that LSU cornerback transfer Kelvin Joseph was on Kentucky’s campus and was in the process of setting up a transfer to the school.

Not long after, it was announced (first by Justin Rowland of Rivals.com) that the former top-50 four-star prospect was officially a Wildcat.

Today, the KSR crew is set to break down the big decision, among other Kentucky-related news, LIVE in studio.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

73 Comments for KSR Show Thread 8/27: Kentucky football lands a star transfer

1. Realme
    10:01 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Do you think Matt orders his staff to report this as “Matt broke the news” over and over again?

• runningunnin.454
      10:06 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Don’t know; but, I wish someone would break the news that Xavier Peters can play…immediately.

• Realme
      10:09 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Yes, RG! This is ridiculous.

• ClutchCargo
      10:09 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

High probability. It sure seems that way, at least.

• J-Dub421
      10:20 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

It cannot take this long to review some paperwork for Peters. Almost everyone else has been cleared. The season is about to start. Make a decision NCAA.

• ClutchCargo
      10:21 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

As RCF noted yesterday, this is starting to feel like a NCAA screwing coming on.

10:27 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Clutch, yep, they are using this as the foreplay before the screwing. And I doubt if they will buy us dinner or even offer us a smoke afterwards.

• J-Dub421
      10:41 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

At least buy a girl a drink first, dang.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:25 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Holy cow! I just tuned in late and saw the news! I also turned off my KSR notifications after getting a recruiting one at the start of the sermon a couple weeks ago (my phone was silenced if you didn’t see my original comment the next day). haha. I should keep them on.

2. J-Dub421
    10:05 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

I can’t believe we just poached a kid from LSU in football. Mind blown.

• Realme
      10:06 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Wish he could play this year.

• runningunnin.454
      10:08 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Looks like he’s talking to former teammates, too.

• ClutchCargo
      10:10 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Maybe he could be eligible to play immediately because he couldn’t understand what the hell Orgeron was saying in his Cookie Monster-like voice.

• Realme
      10:13 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

How could you take him seriously with that voice? I bet it’s hard not to laugh when Cookie Monster gets mad at you.

• J-Dub421
      10:15 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

ME WANT COOKIE!!!!

• ClutchCargo
      10:19 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

It’s even funnier when he’s talking to a group of locals in LA. He really lets loose with the heavy Bayou drawl.

• runningunnin.454
      10:22 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

On the other hand, did you see Saban’s rant on 2nd chances? Saban, he good. Of course, it was easier to give Muhsin Muhammad a 2nd chance at Mich State for marijuana than it would be for, say, violence against women.

10:33 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

You know it’s bad when my 15 year old daughter sees Orgeron on the TV and immediately starts laughing and says he sounds like the Cookie Monster.

Maybe he should start a death metal band when he leaves football.

• ClutchCargo
      10:39 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Dude, thanks for making me laugh out loud like an idiot at work. Death metal would be perfect!

10:48 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Much obliged, Clutch! πŸ™‚ Did you watch the video? Hilarious.

• ClutchCargo
      10:51 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

I was afraid to watch. Very little sleep last night and I’m kind of giddy this morning.

• ClutchCargo
      11:27 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Ok, so curiosity got the best of me and I clicked the link. I saw Cookie Monster and knew right away I’d better shut it off. Even the comments were too much to take with a straight face today.

3. J-Dub421
    10:20 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Florida accepted Aaron Hernandez. It can’t be that hard to get in.

• ClutchCargo
      10:23 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

I think there is a gang style initiation you have to get through. Not everyone is cut out for doing that.

• runningunnin.454
      10:27 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Florida State, too.

• Realme
      10:29 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Yes, but everyone reveres their vaunted academics. Their players may be all kinds of criminals, but at least they’re so academically dedicated.

10:29 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Clutch, you mean you have to commit an assault and carjacking before you pass initiation at UF? Sounds about right. I hear Louisville was planning to roll out something similar under Bobby.

10:30 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

So I guess they are turning out brilliant, educated criminals. Stable geniuses? πŸ™‚

• J-Dub421
      10:39 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

It both cracks me up and annoys me when fans from other programs act like they’re so superior. Yes, Kelvin Joseph has to settle for lowly Kentucky instead of that bastion of great academics, Florida.

10:50 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, I’m willing to defer to schools like Vanderbilt, Purdue, Stanford, etc. (Although it appears you can easily BUY your way into Stanford), but I just don’t see where there could be that much separation with Florida.

• ClutchCargo
      10:52 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, but they invented Gatorade. What have those other schools done? /s

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:26 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Florida is part of that prestigious AAU thing, but then again, so is UNCheat.

4. ClutchCargo
    10:50 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

I’m not listening today, but I just noticed that story about DMC, complete with audio, of him threatening to kill his ex. Not good.

• Realme
      10:54 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Well, great. No defending that.

• ClutchCargo
      10:56 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, and here comes the “I told you so” crowd who will use this to further their anti-Cal agenda. Just watch and see.

• Realme
      10:58 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Oh yeah, trolls love news like that.

• J-Dub421
      11:16 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

I haven’t read/heard it. He shouldn’t threaten her, there’s no excuse for that. She should have let his kid come to his wedding, not doing so was petty.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:56 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Why is it that whenever “The Truth” calls in I picture Muhammad Ali? πŸ˜‰

• Realme
      10:59 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

I don’t know. Why do you? πŸ™‚

• runningunnin.454
      11:10 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Ali was big on poetry; I think he was the first rapper.

11:19 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Maybe that’s it, rg.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:27 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Nah, the first rapper was Johnny Cash on “A Boy Named Sue”.

11:33 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

That’s a classic, rg!

• runningunnin.454
      11:38 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Ali on Steve Allen Show in ’63, “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee…”, “If you want to lose your money, bet on Sonny”.
      Still think Ali was first.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:46 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, I didn’t know when the song came out. I was actually kind of quoting a guy (I think he was a rapper himself) on some show on VH1 years ago saying the greatest rap song ever was that song.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:46 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

I would put “Convoy” in the same class as “A Boy Named Sue” also. Haha.

• 4everUKblue
      2:39 pm August 27, 2019 Permalink

Actually Dylan’s “Subterranean Homesick Blues” was the first rap song from 1965.

6. RealCatsFan
    11:15 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Ugh, now they are talking about bedbugs. Just what Realme and J-Dub need to get their skin crawling again.

• J-Dub421
      11:17 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Blech.

• Realme
      11:21 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Fine, I’ll share my worst bug story. On a spring break mission trip to Mexico, sleeping on the floor of an open air home. Last night there, I keep hearing this girl’s toiletry bag crackling, like someone is rustling around in it. Go to sleep eventually, and wake up to a roach CRAWLING DOWN MY ARM! I slap / smash it off, clean off my arm and just lay on top of the sleeping bag awake for the rest of the night. Sun comes up, guess who is FREAKING CLINGING TO THE BOTTOM OF MY SLEEPING BAG! The roach, with half of it’s body gone from my freak out, STILL ALIVE! I hate bugs, they are evil.

• runningunnin.454
      11:25 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

I’m itchin’ like a man on a fuzzy tree,
      Friends say I’m actin’ wild as a bug,
      I’m in love, I’m all shook up.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:29 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Don’t ever watch that show “Infestation” then guys. As scared as my wife can be of bugs she’ll watch it. I don’t know how she can.

11:29 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

HaHa, tough to top Realme and her zombie-bug! But I’ll try…

When I was a HS senior me and 4 other guys piled into my Camaro and drove to Pensacola Florida for spring break. We stayed at a place called the Del Mar Hotel. The roaches were so bad we had to string our stuff up on clotheslines to keep them off of it. The place had adjoining rooms with a locked door separating them. We had a roach run out from under the bed one day and one of my buddies started trying to stomp on it but it ran under the door the the next unit. A few seconds after that we heard someone yelling in Spanish and stomping around.

When it started raining we seriously entertained the idea of putting numbers on their backs with white-out and having roach races.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:31 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

“People only go to those things to see the cockroaches crash.”

Y’all remember that line?

• J-Dub421
      11:32 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Roaches can live for three days with their heads cut off. They eventually die of starvation. When my dad was in Vietnam, one of his bunkmates cut the head off a roach when he threw a bayonet at it, and the body ran away.

11:32 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Realme, you can cut the head off a roach and it will continue to walk around for days.

• ClutchCargo
      11:33 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

RM, I had one of those monster roaches come at me when I was at work at a client’s office right on the Rio Grande in southern Texas. I grabbed a fly swatter (like that was going to do anything) and whacked it a couple of times and all it did was flatten itself out on the floor to protect itself. I then took off my shoe and finished it off. My story isn’t nearly as bad as yours, though. Good luck sleeping tonight after re-telling that one.

11:38 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Another RCF roach story: I was in Destin back in my college days sitting on a rooftop deck bar with my buds having a cold one. When my buddy reached for the salt shaker one of those huge “palmetto bugs” (aka giant wood roach) ran out and immediately took flight. It flew over and landed in the middle of a group of girls sitting at a table across the bar. I have never seen or heard so much sound and fury as that table absolutely scattered.

• Realme
      11:39 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Well in this case the head half was still alive.

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Palmetto bug is just a euphemism for a roach the size of a compact car.

11:44 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

When my younger daughter was four we had an emergence of a brrod of the 17-year cicadas. We had these huge, nasty looking bugs coming up out of the ground, crawling up on trees and fences, and their skin splitting open and a huge winged insect coming out of the shell. Was she scared of them? Heck no! She thought they were cute! We have pictures of her smiling with inch and a half-long bugs crawling up her arm. She actually used to collect them and put them in her baby stroller and take them for walks. (Yes, we had her checked out, and the doctor assured us she is perfectly normal. πŸ™‚ )

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      4:05 pm August 27, 2019 Permalink

Me and my friend were forced to stay with his cousin at a hotel, so he didn’t feel unloved. In the middle of the night we see shapes darting across the floor thanks to a nightlight. My friend turns the lights on and they’re 20 of these things (I almost hurled), so we put on bug spray and attempted to sleep outside in the car. The next morning when his mom comes to pick us up we tell her we’re never going anywhere with them again and why. He’s cousin’s dad overhears us and says they can’t kill them, they’re the only thing holding the building up.

7. J-Dub421
    11:27 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Bret Stephens needs to get over himself. He’s really that worried about being called a bedbug, and that’s a “new low”? No dude, it isn’t. I’ve very politely refused men’s advances before because I was married/had a boyfriend at the time, and they immediately went full *sshole called me a b*tch and threatened to rape me. That’s bad. Getting called a bedbug is really not that bad.

• runningunnin.454
      11:28 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

You know that’s what knees are for?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:30 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

And that is why all women should take one of those rape prevention/self defense courses. They teach one where my daughter takes martial arts, and it’s based in part on Gracie Jiu Jitsu, which they also teach there.

11:30 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Yep, crotch meet knee…

• J-Dub421
      11:33 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

This happened on three separate occasions, but it was in a crowded bar each time, so I just walked away.

• Realme
      11:38 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Me like that are the reason this quote is true.

β€œMen are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.”

? Margaret Atwood

11:41 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Yep, and it’s a-holes like those that make me lay awake at night over the prospect of my daughters growing up and having to go out into the world.

• J-Dub421
      11:44 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

I don’t have a single female friend who doesn’t have similar stories.

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      4:11 pm August 27, 2019 Permalink

I’ve already told my daughter that anything a guy does to her I’ll do to them just way more violently, one time her brother told a dude that. According to them my daughter got a huge evil grin on her face and the boy just shook his hide like he got it.

8. runningunnin.454
    11:45 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Missed that, what did Drew do?

• Realme
      11:54 am August 27, 2019 Permalink

Long time ago he tweeted something bad, IDK what, and Matt tells the story of not just firing him over a mistake.