KSR Show Thread, 8/26: Tune in to KSR!

It’s a three-man crew on Kentucky Sports Radio radio today with Matt Jones at his estate in Louisville, Ryan Lemond at home in Lexington on his kids’ first day of school and Shannon T. Dude in the Louisville studio. They’ll talk you through all the latest news and teach you ’bout Lee County.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

60 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 8/26: Tune in to KSR!

1. runningunnin.454
    10:09 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Coffee drinker, hah; sounds like a vanilla milkshake.

10:14 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Missed it. Has Matt discovered “coffee”? I had a nice cup of green tea this morning. Might as well do one thing healthy lol.

• RealCatsFan
      10:17 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I have never been able to drink the “put hair on your chest” black coffee. I have to wimpify mine with French vanilla too. But I like my beer the same color as my coffee, so that allows me to keep my man card.

• runningunnin.454
      10:18 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, his girlfriend gave him a Keurig.

10:19 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha ha!

• RealCatsFan
      10:20 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Green tea is chock full of antioxidants.

• RealCatsFan
      10:22 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

My daughter gave me a Keurig for Christmas a couple years ago. Can be nice for a mug on the run, but it is inconsistent with how much it dispenses. Sometimes I get a full cup, sometimes barely half.

10:22 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I’m also back on my intermittent fasting. Watched a netflix episode of Unwell about fasting, and there are people who go months on water only. That’s insane because you can die without some minerals and trace elements. But limiting my daily eating window feels pretty good.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:30 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I take cream and sugar, but I don’t like all those flavors like French Vanilla or Irish Creme. I like the peppermint at Christmas, and pumpkin spice is good. Now, the frozen mocha frapaccino (sp?) at Starbucks is GREAT!

• ClutchCargo
      10:32 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Drinking black coffee makes the quality of the coffee beans a lot more important. I decided to drink it that way as a way of quitting Diet Coke, which was my former morning caffeine of choice. You can’t always count on having all of that stuff available to flavor it up, so I figured I might as well skip all of that.

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Don’t drink “flavored” coffees; but, I have been known, usually during the holidays, to put some Irish Mist in the coffee with some whipped cream on top.

• ClutchCargo
      10:39 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

All this talk about putting stuff in coffee is making me grumpy. Maybe I just need another cup.

• runningunnin.454
      10:48 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Maybe your coffee needs some spirit(s) ha ha.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:50 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Are any of you brave enough to try this?

If it’s as strong as they claim, I’m not willing to try it unless someone gives me some. I’d probably be wasting my money. We just buy Mickie D’s coffee at the grocery store. It’s good stuff. Not gourmet maybe, but a lot better than Folger’s or Maxwell House IMO.

• RealCatsFan
      10:53 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I never drank coffee at all until I started working at a big corporate insurance company. Those morning meeting were so boring that I needed something to keep me awake.

• ClutchCargo
      10:57 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I like coffee and I like spirits, but never the twain shall meet, rg. πŸ™‚

That website is hilarious, but the coffee seems kind of gimmicky. I’m not nearly the caffeine junkie I once was, so I’d probably end up with heart palpitations. Not worth it to me.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:04 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, and if it’s so strong I would have to make it way weaker than the directions say, it would defeat the purpose. Plus, 20 bucks a pound? Ugh. Our coffee is about 10 or 12 bucks for a 30 ounce can, so it’s literally about 1/4 of the cost and it tastes just fine to us.

• ClutchCargo
      11:31 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Maybe Deathwish Coffee could get Will Wade to be the celebrity spokesman for their strong coffee.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      12:00 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

Haha. Also, I just read that article. He’s quite adept at a certain 4 letter word. Wow.

2. RealCatsFan
    10:19 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Yes, Matt’s point that having a good backup QB like Gatewood might allow the coaches to take more chances with Terry running, but will Terry be a little gunshy after the injury? That would be understandable, especially if he has any pro aspirations.

10:20 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Despite being 12-3, which he gets varying levels of credit for, he would need to show out this season if he has those aspirations, which I think he does. Can’t play scared.

• RealCatsFan
      10:24 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

True dat.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:28 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I think Terry runs much less this year than in the past. I don’t think that will be a Terry decision either.

• ClutchCargo
      10:33 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I feel like this team is evolving to the point where they just need an accurate passer who can make quick decisions and get the ball out quickly. Tim Couch, in other words. πŸ™‚

• RealCatsFan
      10:56 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

It would be so exciting to have a Tim Couch caliber QB with all the other talent we have on this team!

• ClutchCargo
      11:01 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I really do think we are approaching the point where a great QB is the only thing needed to have a great all-around team. That article about Beau Allen has me pretty excited about the near future.

• PensacolaCat
      11:41 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I think we need better skill positions as well – our receivers have been average at best.

11:48 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Here’s hoping one of the new receivers fits that requirement.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:26 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Wasn’t Ga Tech the team that kept chop blocking the knees out of our linemen? No wonder they controlled the LOS. Cheaters!

• runningunnin.454
      10:29 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Yep, bastids.

10:30 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Ooohh I hate them! Bunch of jerks.

• ClutchCargo
      10:44 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Technically, they were cut blocks and not chop blocks. But still dangerous, and I really hate that style of play.

• RealCatsFan
      10:50 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I’ll never understand why a move that could easily result in a major knee injury to an opponent should be legal. Incidental helmet to helmet contact results in an ejection, but intentionally going for the knees is OK? All right, then.

4. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:27 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Never mind that we don’t even know if Gatewood can play, unless he got a waiver and I missed it.

10:29 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Unreal that they haven’t given us an answer about him or Sarr. And people act like it’s crazy to say the NCAA hates us.

• runningunnin.454
      10:41 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

What was that the caller said about a UK basketball player implying that they already know that Sarr’s waiver request was approved? If that’s the case, what possible reason could there be to keep it top secret? And, what is a UK player doing leaving the bubble and playing a pick up game?

10:49 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Matt said he keeps having people tell him the players all say Sarr is ok to play.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:28 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Whenever someone comes on and says “I don’t want this to get political”, it will. πŸ˜‰

• RealCatsFan
      10:29 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

And I didn’t know that Eli Capiluto is a PHD in Epidemiology.

10:31 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I vote we have a daily Caller Challenges Matt About The Pandemic segment. Always entertaining.

6. ClutchCargo
    10:36 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

El Nopal is not a national chain. More stuff KSR doesn’t know.

• RealCatsFan
      10:48 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I can remember back in the 90’s when El Caporal was the first “authentic” Mexican restaurant to open in Louisville. They had a place on Preston Hwy. And this might sound bad, but it seemed like we had a proliferation of Mexican restaurants a year or so after we had a huge hail storm in Louisville and hundreds of thousands of houses needed new roofs. It was almost as if some of these guys opened restaurants after they ran out of roofs to install.

I had a roof installed on my house about ten years ago, and I will say that those guys earn their money. Haven’t ever seen a group of guys work harder. They started at dawn and pretty much worked straight thru until it got dark. In 90* heat.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:54 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Sadly, it has been a while since our basketball team has blown out even “lesser” teams by 50. Evansville, anyone?

• runningunnin.454
      10:58 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I really don’t like scheduling games based upon personal relationships; yeah, we just had to play Evansville, we have to play Detroit Mercy, we have to play Depaul.

• ClutchCargo
      11:02 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

But then Cal and IU’s coach as supposedly good friends.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:05 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Yep, but those other team’s fans haven’t trampled our fans and players so far.

• runningunnin.454
      11:21 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

IU insists we play at Assembly Hall; and, that shouldn’t happen. But, at least Assembly Hall holds 17,000. Depaul’s arena only holds 10,000; don’t think Cal will go for that unless it’s at the pro arena.

• ClutchCargo
      11:26 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I’m not advocating ever going to IU’s home arena or even playing them at all. Just an observation that their supposed friendship hasn’t resulted in any kind of series happening.

• JTHinton
      12:12 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

Playing a β€œroad” game at DePaul will end up at the NBA arena, just like GT

8. RealCatsFan
    11:15 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Woolly Worms are called “Wooly Bears” by some people. Pyrrharctia isabella is the larva for the Tiger Moth.

11:17 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

I didn’t know the part about them freezing during winter. Cool.

9. ClutchCargo
    11:27 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

More strong-ass accusations about Will Wade.

• ClutchCargo
      11:29 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

How does that guy still have a coaching job? Maybe LSU thinks they have nothing to lose at this point.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:30 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Maybe he’s Kount K’s long lost son.

11:30 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Can they not just say it? “We don’t care, anything to win”.

• runningunnin.454
      11:39 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Now the ncaa has an out; they can pound LSU and UL, and everyone will forget about Arizona and Kansas.

10. Realme
    11:29 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

They’re right. Drew looks weird.

11. runningunnin.454
    11:46 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, I had not heard that Larry had passed; I do know he had a medical crisis, but they need to be more careful; that was upsetting.

11:47 am August 26, 2020 Permalink

Ryan for mayor though!

• RealCatsFan
      12:10 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

Totally missed it. What happened?