KSR Show Thread, 8/25: Can you believe it’s been 10 years?

Happy 10th anniversary to the KSR radio show!

Today we are saying goodbye to DeWayne Peevy, getting Ryan Lemond’s thoughts on the latest in high school sports, talking all the other news from UK and taking you to Lawrence County in the second hour.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

43 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 8/25: Can you believe it’s been 10 years?

1. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:05 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Congrats on 10 years! “TWELVE MORE YEARS! TWELVE MORE YEARS! TWELVE MORE YEARS!” Haha. JK. Congrats for real.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:06 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Miami Heat is a fun team to watch; Bam is killin’ it; and they’re a much better team when Herro is on the floor. Swept the Pacers in four.

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:15 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Ryan for mayor? The guy on the show who constantly reminds us he keeps up with no issues whatsoever?

• Realme
      10:17 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

He should start with running for city council. I could see that.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:20 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, if he actually starts following the issues.

• Realme
      10:21 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

I bet he understands more local stuff than you think. But also I would like to see him flub up some speeches with weird word usage. πŸ™‚

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:23 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

If he does he doesn’t act like it. Maybe it’s part of his schtick but I doubt it. Whaddo I know though?

• runningunnin.454
      10:26 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

He would be like Yogi Berra giving a State of the Union address.

• bigblue98
      10:34 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Ryan would be a great adversary for Lexington.

• RealCatsFan
      10:36 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Ryan could be about as creepy as Joe Biden if he ran for office. πŸ˜‰

• Realme
      10:37 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha good one, bb98.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:41 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

The mayor’s race is “non-partisan” in Lexington? It’s been too long since I lived there and I didn’t know that.

• Realme
      10:44 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Yes, but you always know which side someone falls on.

• runningunnin.454
      10:46 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

I can hear it now; “bam bam firepower”.

• Realme
      11:00 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

He’s gonna bond that bridge, so to speak.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:12 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

He’ll have to take his shirt off and crowd surf at his rallies, and make sure whatever his slogan is is written in Sharpie on his torso.

• michaelb
      11:25 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

I’m afraid those are the job qualifications for politics

4. Realme
    10:16 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

“I’ve been trying to leave you all for ESPN for years, and also plan to run for office some day.”
    “Also, how dare you guys have dreams of moving on to bigger things some day!”

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:21 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Did he actually say something about trying to fill Mike & Mike’s old slot? I miss those 2 BTW. I usually listen to local radio here before KSR, but I enjoyed their show too when I did listen.

5. runningunnin.454
    10:23 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

UL has a cream puff schedule; fortunate that they don’t have to play Clemson…or UK.

• Realme
      10:24 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Poll voters are supremely stupid for voting in teams that aren’t going to see the field this year.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:33 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

I suppose they may be thinking “What if we don’t rank them and Justin Fields’ petition works?” If they don’t play though, then the first poll that comes out after the start should drop them.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:38 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

So the Mrs and Daughter#2 and I sat down and watched “A Dog’s Purpose” last night. Kleenex was a required commodity. Oh, and there were a lot of cool old cars in the background shots, so I was happy. πŸ™‚

The idea of dogs being constantly reincarnated from one life to another makes me wonder if my dog was as lazy in her former lives as she is now. πŸ™‚

7. RealCatsFan
    10:41 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

A ray of hope that Andy didn’t squash the KHSAA’s plan to restart fall sports. Fingers crossed, and mixed feelings because A) I am afraid that they will be shut down again if numbers rise, and B), our school is probably going to be pretty lousy at volleyball this year since we return almost NO offense. In a way, I was actually wanting to see my kid play sand ball just for something different.

8. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:42 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

DID DREW NOT MENTION MY MAN SMOKE ALONG WITH AJ AND CHRIS? HOW DARE HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. RealCatsFan
    11:10 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Wow, the ST seems to have gone asleep, and I don’t have anything witty to say. πŸ˜‰

• runningunnin.454
      11:30 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a prostitute for a hug…howzat?

• RealCatsFan
      11:40 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Does McDonald’s even have salad? (Tells you how much I eat there. πŸ™‚ )

• runningunnin.454
      11:53 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Don’ know, I always get two quarter-pounders with cheese, and heart disease be damned. And stop dissecting my jokes, ha ha. I did get a hug from a prostitute in Detroit when I was 15…then a cop chased her away; party pooper.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:56 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

I can’t eat Mickie D’s burgers or other lunch/dinner entrees. Now, the fries, coffee, and Egg McMuffins? Oh yeah!

10. michaelb
    11:24 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Nice milestone guys , congrats and thank you for all you do . You guys have kept me alive at times . So glad to have ksr always no matter how disgruntled. Anyone who’s a day one person with ksr feels this as a milestone as well. Let’s go blue .

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:45 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

If I’m not mistaken, aren’t you the one who has posted that you are undergoing chemo for the 3rd time? If so, prayers for you man!

• michaelb
      10:26 pm August 25, 2020 Permalink

No Chris, but thank you , you’re a solid one . Bbn!

11. Realme
    11:37 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Perfect day to hear from Fake Barney.

• RealCatsFan
      11:40 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

I actually picture him dressed up in a purple dinosaur suit when I hear him.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:44 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

I was on the phone. Did he actually make an appearance? It’s fitting if so, but I personally never found him funny.

• RealCatsFan
      12:07 pm August 25, 2020 Permalink

Some of the songs he has done were pretty hilarious.

12. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:45 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Hey, you have to give Mitch credit for calling in, unless that was actually Ryan. Haha.

• RealCatsFan
      12:07 pm August 25, 2020 Permalink

Ryan’s best impression yet! πŸ™‚

13. Bluehender
    11:55 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

I’ll have to agree with Shannon on Jr. I think he snorted a couple lines before he came out…

• RealCatsFan
      11:57 am August 25, 2020 Permalink

Damn, I missed STD’s scorecard on douchey trump Jr. I hope they put it up on the site!

Did DT Jr have someone take his college tests for him like his daddy?

• RealCatsFan
      12:08 pm August 25, 2020 Permalink

I am just listening to JR’s girlfriend, and I feel like I am being yelled at. I’m going to go hides somewhere now. :O