KSR Show Thread (8/22): Football practice talk and more

After watching Kentucky football practice from the sideline on Tuesday, Matt Jones has some things to say about what he saw from the Cats. The gang will also talk more about the Crystal Rogers documentary and many other updates on things that are important.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

44 Comments for KSR Show Thread (8/22): Football practice talk and more

1. Realme
    10:14 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Would like to see pictures of the Ky Hammer Heavy Hitter’s garage.

2. secrick
    10:14 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Wish i could listen today ,so much to talk about . I will read the post .

3. runningunnin.454
    10:25 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Did he say 1931 UK football team visited the White House? Looked it up, we were 4-2-2 and in the Southern Conference.
    Tulane won the title at 8-0; other teams include Swanee, Duke, North Carolina, Clemson, VMI, and ?Washington & Lee. LOL

• Realme
      10:27 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Weird. Maybe Matt was just throwing out a random year, to indicate it was an old picture?

• runningunnin.454
      10:30 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Yeah weird is the word; I would never have thought UK, Duke, and UNC were in the same conference.
      And now, Washington & Lee is Division III.

• J-Dub421
      10:32 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Maybe he meant 1951?

4. Realme
    10:40 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Haven’t listened to yesterday’s second hour yet, but I loved reading Benny’s comments. I too will probably drink the Koolaid, I can never help myself.

5. runningunnin.454
    10:48 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

LOL, could Matt tackle Benny?
    There is a football term….pancake.

6. Realme
    10:49 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Disappearance of Crystal Rogers is definitely worth watching. It’s more Dateline quality than Netflix quality, but very interesting due to the Kentucky setting.

• Realme
      10:50 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Also, I can’t believe Matt hasn’t said anything about Dark Tourist on Netflix. It’s really good, I figured it would end up on his radar.

• RealCatsFan
      11:09 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

There are probably people walking around in that town who know what happened to her, as well as who shot the state trooper. Crimes like this are usually solved when someone can’t keep it inside anymore, either through intoxication, bragging, or conscience finally getting the better of them.

• J-Dub421
      11:10 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

I don’t usually watch true crime type things, but I may have to check out the Disappearance of Crystal Rogers.

• ClutchCargo
      11:12 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Making a Murderer is one of the few true crime stories I really got into, but I will definitely check this one out.

• Realme
      11:19 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Spoilers!

RCF, sounds to me like the police know, and either can’t or won’t bring charges. They warned the family from the beginning to stay out of it, because they were “dealing with dangerous people”. They gave back evidence to the family instead of collecting it (even if they legitimately believed the state would only test 10 pieces, you still gather and preserve things like potential trunk blood). And then when the Dad was almost certainly murdered, they ignored evidence that was easily found to write it off as a mystery stray bullet.

• Realme
      11:23 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Clutch, Evil Genius is one you should try too, if you haven’t seen it.

• RealCatsFan
      11:34 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Wow, sounds like someone powerful must be involved. I hope someday they get to the bottom of it and whack the crap out of those involved.

• Booby Petrino
      11:41 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Everyone knows the boyfriend did it, I think the police just aren’t comfortable bringing charges against him yet. His family has a lot of money and clout in that town. No body has been found. I know you can win a case without a body, but I feel like the police just don’t want to chance him being found not guilty bc there is so much reasonable doubt the defense can drudge up. I hope this is one of those cases where eventually the evidence they are waiting for is found, or the right people rat him out, and the guy eventually pays for what he did.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:42 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

It’s murder by numbers, one, two, three
      It’s as easy to learn as your abc’s

• Iamheasyouarehe
      12:03 pm August 22, 2018 Permalink

• cats646
      2:41 pm August 22, 2018 Permalink

Wow! He is definitely guilty.

7. J-Dub421
    11:12 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

People actually listen to Captain Suntan?

• Realme
      11:19 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Doubt it.

• J-Dub421
      11:31 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

I tried to listen to his show once. I made it about 3 minutes. It was terrible.

8. RealCatsFan
    11:15 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

That lady on the phone just called Benny “Benny Snail”. Gotta love those country accents!

9. Realme
    11:25 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

I was on the “BG” which I have never called it in my life, yesterday. It was a hazardous obstacle course of zigzagging orange barrels for a good 20 miles. Never seen anything so crazy. The barrels were supposed to be along the center line closing one lane, but they were so all over the place, people kept driving in the closed lane, because there was more room.

• RealCatsFan
      11:32 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

You do know that the orange traffic barrel is the state tree of Indiana.

• ClutchCargo
      11:33 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

I was on the BG a couple of days ago, It was really annoying to have drive along the rumble strip on the edge of the road in order to avoid the barrels. I don’t like driving on the shoulder, though, because that’s where you are more likely to pick up a nail in your tire.

• ClutchCargo
      11:33 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Also, I am proud to say that this is my first comment in awhile that isn’t “awaiting moderation!”

• runningunnin.454
      11:34 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

I drove that highway to get to UK. I’m not sure I ever saw another car, ha ha.

• J-Dub421
      11:38 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Who makes orange barrels? I want to buy stock in their company because they must be making a killing.

• ClutchCargo
      11:39 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Me too, rg. I got pretty good at throwing my coins at those change collection things at the toll booths without stopping. And I once caught a ride back to E-town from a girl who took only 45 minutes to get there from Lexington. I didn’t do that again.

• runningunnin.454
      11:39 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

The Orange Barrel Company of Knoxville, TN.

• ClutchCargo
      11:42 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Now I just want to run over as many of those barrels as I can, rg.

• Realme
      11:44 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

I used it to get to school too. So pleasant to get off the interstate and drive where there is literally never any traffic.

• runningunnin.454
      11:45 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

Ha ha ha ha.

• RealCatsFan
      12:00 pm August 22, 2018 Permalink

The toll booths in Indiana are ridiculous. They don’t post the amount until you are actually right there at the gate, so everyone has to dig for the correct change, which holds everyone up. Ignorant! Post the amount up on a digital sign a quarter mile ahead of the booth, and make it an even number so no change is needed.

10. Realme
    11:43 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

To me that video looks like he barely clipped her, or came very close to doing so, but it does change my mind, I was very sure he was full if it until I saw that video.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:56 am August 22, 2018 Permalink

The fact that we can’t seem to blow out teams like EKU with all this talent is almost as upsetting to me as the fact that we have blown a couple of chances to end the streak against Florida. The next couple of years are going to tell us whether Stoops stays or goes, IMO.