KSR Show Thread 8/2: Live from UK Football Media Day

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Kroger Field for Kentucky Football Media Day. Tune in to hear Ryan and Drew paint the scene and bring on some very special guests.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

23 Comments for KSR Show Thread 8/2: Live from UK Football Media Day

1. runningunnin.454
    10:17 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

Can they get a beer at the press conference? No?
    “Things go better with Coke”
    “I’d like to buy the world a Coke”.
    Cheers

2. J-Dub421
    10:31 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

Terry is very calm and poised.

• runningunnin.454
      10:36 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

Big year on tap for TT. Oops, did I say, “on tap”. ha ha.
      Actually, I don’t understand the guys that are so upset about the decision; do you really have to have alcohol for a college athletic event?
      That said, if one area of the stadium/arena is dry, it should all be dry.

• bouzoukiman
      10:38 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

I hope he has a big year! The TD pass and the TD run against the Gators were things of beauty.

• Realme
      10:45 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

I don’t see why people are so upset about the decision. Should have seen it coming. Also, just buy your alcohol before you come. You’ll save money and can get just as drunk.

I also don’t think it’s really a rich vs. poor issue that people who are locked away in boxes instead of sitting in the crowd with fans and their families are allowed to drink. Yes, they’re in those boxes because they can afford to be there, but they are also contributing more funds to the program for that pleasure. I could care less if they decide to allow stadium-wide alcohol sales, and think they should, for the revenue, but this whole outrage over only some being allowed to buy alcohol is a little silly. Just my opinion.

• ClutchCargo
      10:58 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

Yes, the outrage over alcohol sales is silly. It’s not like the fans had this before and now it is being taken away. Not sure I agree with the class warfare aspect of it, either. I remember being a UK student and we were all pissed that the U Club had alcohol when the rest of campus didn’t.

• ClutchCargo
      11:00 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

^ Having said all of that, my problem with Mitch is his attitude toward anything controversial like this. I think that is a bigger deal than whether the common fan can buy a beer or not.

• Realme
      11:04 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, he should work on not coming across as condescending and dismissive of dissenting opinions.

• J-Dub421
      11:07 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

I don’t really care, but I dislike the hypocrisy of selling alcohol to the wealthy donors who already get a bunch of perks, but not everyone else. Especially under the guise of “maintaining a family environment.”

3. bouzoukiman
    10:35 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

So yesterday when I questioned having a Braves hat with a UK logo, I was immediately pounced on by RG and the mob. Haha. Just kidding, but there are a lot more UK fans who are Braves fans than I realized I suppose. Also, I said I wouldn’t want a Reds hat with a UK logo, and until I saw this:

I WANT!!! It was posted by “lexwildcat”.

• bouzoukiman
      10:37 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

BTW, the Braves are my 2nd favorite team after being in GA and AL all these years, especially GA. They should still be on TBS every night!

Also, a friend of mine from college who is also from Kentucky and lives in Marietta was at the game last night and they got the lids. Cool, except the game got rained out kind of late though.

• runningunnin.454
      10:40 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

Ho ho, UK football/basketball had a better year.

• bouzoukiman
      10:43 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

I can’t find one on Ebay, but I did find this one (no, just no, unless it has the UK logo also…a blue Reds hat?):

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

I don’t watch any baseball, so….

• bouzoukiman
      11:25 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

I’d watch more if the Reds were any good. We had a good year or 2 when Dusty Baker was the manager, and that’s been a few years. Before that I don’t think we had a good year since Davey Johnson was the manager, and that was all the way back in the 90’s.

*sigh* I miss The Big Red Machine!!!

4. bouzoukiman
    10:45 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

I always though the Aussie accent sounds like a combination of English and American south.

5. Realme
    11:20 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

Kash is an interesting guy.

• bouzoukiman
      11:21 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

They broke the molds when they made Kash and Benny. Tons of personality there.

• runningunnin.454
      11:24 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

Opponents will dis him at their peril.

6. Realme
    11:46 am August 2, 2019 Permalink

Can’t help but notice when the Big Dawg talks, we get too busy listening to talk ourselves. He is so awesome.