KSR Show Thread 8/18: SEC schedule breakdown

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will break down Kentucky’s 2020 football schedule, preview Shannon’s walk on Thursday, and maybe even talk about Knox County. Lots to cover, so turn on that radio.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

55 Comments for KSR Show Thread 8/18: SEC schedule breakdown

1. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:06 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Okay, one comment (for now) about opening at Auburn. Drew mentioned that we have an experienced QB, but remember he’s only played in the SEC one year, and there will undoubtedly be rust, so we’ll see how it goes.

GO CATS!!!

BTW, I loved the gif from The Rock he used for the “We Want Bama” post.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:07 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

And Terry struggled a good bit that one year as well, but I know some of that was because of his injury (was it his ankle or knee that was tweaked?) we didn’t know about until the year was over.

• Realme
      10:15 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I plan to enjoy the fact that we get to watch games at all (I won’t really believe that until the coin flips) and not get bent out of shape about whether we win. Plan to, not sure it will work.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:28 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I will believe it when toe meets leather.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:31 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I would love to see Terry rip off a long TD run at AU like he did against the Gators. Fake a toss to the left, get their line leaning that way and take off to the right.

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I worry a little bit that TW will be a little more hesitant to run after his injury. It would be understandable. It seemed like he held back after the UF game, and I think that may have been the coaching staff telling him to cool it a little bit.

• ClutchCargo
      10:38 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I plan to just enjoy the fact that we have football to watch. I guess it remains to be seen how that goes for me.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:39 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

But they also said he got a nagging injury in that A&M game.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:56 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I personally think the coaching staff had the reins pulled on him running some before his injury. There were times he should have ran and didn’t. I don’t think we will see a dual-threat Terry this year at all. This along with the lack of using our tight ends more are the two biggest flaws of our offensive staff in my opinion.

• RealCatsFan
      11:07 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

LC, yeah I used to wonder if Stoops would have made Lamar Jackson throw instead of run the ball. 😉 I think they were forced into having a running QB with LB, so maybe that “cured them” of that mindset.

• RealCatsFan
      11:54 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Wow, that seems like a long time ago now. Hell, basketball season seems like a long time ago!

2. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:08 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Kudos to RG on his comment on the UNCheat post about the fake classes. Well done.

• runningunnin.454
      10:15 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Time-honored tradition; really, what does the pandemic have to do with it?

• RealCatsFan
      10:22 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

HaHa, yeah, I am surprised they even bothered with in-person classes. They never did before. 🙂

• ClutchCargo
      10:40 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I was wondering if that pic of Ol’ Roy was taken at the moment he heard that his players would be expected to attend any type of classes at all.

• RealCatsFan
      11:18 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I’m sure he tossed out a dadgummit or two at the same time.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:12 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Matt and the boys talking about life jackets – our kids get mad sometimes, but we ALWAYS make them wear one when in the water while out on the boat. Noodles just ain’t good enough. There have been way too many drownings for us to take a chance on that in good conscience. We did finally let up on them about wearing one while the boat is moving now that they are essentially adults.

• Realme
      10:14 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

You guys are right. No one that drowns in a lake thinks they needed it.

• runningunnin.454
      10:17 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Ryan going to kill himself on his birthday….Happy Birthday!

• Realme
      10:18 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Oh Lord, I missed it. What is he doing?

• RealCatsFan
      10:20 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I talked at length with a water patrol officer one time, and he said he has fished many bodies out of the water (men) with their flies open. Moral of the story – if you get loaded, put on a jacket, especially if you have to pee.

• runningunnin.454
      10:24 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

He’s going parasailing.

• Realme
      10:31 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Drunk parasailing, I’m sure.

• ClutchCargo
      10:44 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I have always felt like wearing a life jacket while the boat is moving is the most important time to wear it. In the event of an accident and someone is knocked unconscious, the life jacket could keep their head up out of the water until they could be rescued.

• RealCatsFan
      11:05 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Clutch, that is sage advice, especially on smaller boats. Ours is a pretty big boat with high freeboard, so we are pretty secure. But if we are in rough water, lots of boat traffic, or I am going to open her up, then I do ask my passengers to put on jackets and I put the lanyard on. Oh, and if we are putting along at dark or close to dark or poor visibility, we always wear them.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:17 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I have been listening to the “Unresloved” series about the Bardstown murders. After hearing the interviews with the Hauk’s, I just cannot understand how they have not been charged, especially now that apparently a body has been discovered. The police car’s trunk lighting up with luminol, the evasiveness and outright lying by both brothers, etc. I guess there must not have been any recoverable DNA evidence in the trunk of the car or off the blanket, which is surprising. Or there is something more sinister going on – some type of larger cover-up.

The episode about the mother and daughter who were murdered was heartbreaking. Especially the part about the daughter being buried in her prom dress – so she would get to wear it just once. That hit close to home. I hope someday the catch the bastards who did this.

• Realme
      10:21 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Surely news will come out about an arrest any day. Probably waiting for official id of her body. Law enforcement doesn’t pretend to think it could be anyone but them. As far as the corruption, it seems to go all the way to the top and is best illustrated with the Officer Ellis element. He was set up by someone who knew exactly where he would be and when.

• Realme
      10:22 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

The only small town story more gripping and aggravating is the Delphi murders. Listen to Down the Hill if you want another story to get into.

• runningunnin.454
      10:22 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Where did they find the body? The Rogers woman, right?

• RealCatsFan
      10:28 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

rg, they found “possible human remains” in a remote area that is difficult to reach, in a bordering county to Nelson County, where Bardstown is located. The podcast showed that police interviewed the boyfriend (Brooks Hauk), and during the interview his brother Nick, who was a Bardstown cop, called him and basically told him to shut up. Then shortly after that surveillance video showed both of the brothers vehicles (one being the police cruiser) coming and going to the family farm together. When Nick was later interviewed, he claimed that he didn’t remember any of that. He later failed a polygraph when asked if he knew the whereabouts of Crystal Rogers. Keep in mind that her father was leading his own independent investigation and he was shot in the chest and killed while hunting with his son. He was standing in a field at the time, and the shots came from the direction of the Parkway.

• RealCatsFan
      10:32 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

rm, the Delphi murders are also very disturbing, but they have a lot less to go on with that. Just a brief, grainy video on the girl’s phone with the guy walking towards them.

It’s scary to think about the sheer number of unsolved murders and disappearances in our country. There are a lot of guilty people walking amongst us, and a lot of equally guilty people who know the guilty parties but keep their mouths shut. I have often wondered how easy it would be for an interstate truck driver to be a serial killer. Those guys pass through a lot of small communities and have a lot of opportunities to commit crimes and get rid of evidence.

• Realme
      10:45 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

A lot of serial killers, especially before gps, were truck drivers.

Seldom do they find bodies, and a victim has left video, and audio of the killer speaking. It’s unbelievable that no one could watch how he walks, hear his voice, and not know who he is.

• ClutchCargo
      10:53 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I need to watch that Unresolved series. The Bardstown stuff is really fascinating and frustrating at the same time. Hopefully the FBI can get this done.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:01 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I’ve listened to all of those true crime podcasts. I also like to go back and catch the updates occasionally.

5. runningunnin.454
    10:34 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Drew is bringing me down already; have to come out of the cave sometime,

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:40 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I didn’t hear it. Was he being Debbie Downer about having football?

• runningunnin.454
      10:48 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

He said 90% we start the season; but, only 10% chance it’s completed.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:57 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

That IS a DD.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:37 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, I was going to make that point yesterday; but, the show was over. Leon Bridges performed at the White House, and Barry loved it.
    So much for “old people” music; now Matt is on board.

7. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:38 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Hey you guys, here is some music talk. Think you don’t like disco?

• runningunnin.454
      10:51 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Not disco the way he does it. I did like the first disco song, “Jive Talkin” originally the working title was “Drive Talkin”. The rhythm was based on the sound their car made going over a bridge on the way to a studio.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:56 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I know he does it differently. 😉
      I was blown away when I first saw it. Pretty brilliant IMO.

8. Realme
    10:38 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

Control freakness is part of why I never drank more than 1 or 2 also.

• ClutchCargo
      10:50 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I think there is probably something to that. If so, this quarantine stuff has fixed my control freakness. 🙂

• RealCatsFan
      10:53 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

For me, it’s the simple fact that I don’t want to feel like crap the next morning. Plus I prefer to drink beer, and I usually end up feeling full and stop drinking far before the alcohol level gets very high. I have never been the dude with the beer bong!

9. RealCatsFan
    11:16 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

If your giant chicken is up on blocks in your front yard, you might be a redneck! 😀

10. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:34 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

I had to step away and come back and I hear that gospel music. Who were they playing?

11. Realme
    11:57 am August 18, 2020 Permalink

“Nothing like a blues slide guitar” sums up half of my musical taste perfectly.

• RealCatsFan
      12:09 pm August 18, 2020 Permalink

Yep, love that raw, ragged sound. Kind of reminds me of my big ol’ angle grinder out in the garage! 🙂

In fact, I love the sound of almost any screaming electric guitar when played properly.