KSR Show Thread 8/14: Dickmann’s in Fort Wright

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Dickmann’s in Northern Kentucky on the Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass Summer Tour. Tune in to hear the guys break down the news of the day, including N’Faly Dante heading to Oregon.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

78 Comments for KSR Show Thread 8/14: Dickmann’s in Fort Wright

1. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:09 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

THE

• wheresthelikebutton
      10:11 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha. Use it while you can.

10:14 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Did somebody else trademark the name “Realme?” πŸ™‚

• wheresthelikebutton
      10:15 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, maybe that’s the problem. πŸ˜›

10:19 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Realme is a Chinese smartphone manufacturer. There you go, trademark infringement.

• wheresthelikebutton
      10:22 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Are you telling me locking in a KSR profile name comes with NO legal protections?!?

10:24 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Oh, the irony of a Chinese company suing for trademark infringement. lol

10:26 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I guess Cambria Productions will be coming after me next because of my handle.

• RealCatsFan
      10:26 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I figured a French company would be involved here…

10:28 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Probably, RCF. It’s ‘Merica vs all ya’ll.

• J-Dub421
      10:28 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

THE THE THE!! Come at me OSU.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:28 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

There was someone on the site (a troll, or at least a very negative fan) who was accusing Big Board of using his screen name, which is possible from a technical standpoint and it seems that someone was in fact doing that. I have no idea if BB was doing that, but the guy was saying he wanted to sue for identity theft. Haha! I don’t think that extends to KSR/Wordpress screen names. Let’s get Ryan to chime in.

10:34 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Hey, the Chinese company was founded in 2018; I think Realme has a case.

• wheresthelikebutton
      10:35 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

OH DO I EVER! BRB, off to call TJ.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:37 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Ryan thinks he knows employment law (he doesn’t), so call and see if he knows patent/trademark law.

• wheresthelikebutton
      10:40 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I think I’ll change my new name to PepsiCokeWalmartAmazon.

• J-Dub421
      10:40 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Lol, in order for it to be identity theft you’d have to prove material damages. Screen name use doesn’t damage you in a real way.

2. ClutchCargo
    10:16 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

The civil suit over somebody using THE would be hilarious.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:30 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I’m convinced that, until last year, we didn’t know that we could throw to the TE. Yup.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:33 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

If these guys turn out to be the wrecking crew that we’re being led to believe, they’re going to be fun to watch!

10:39 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I don’t get too hung up on who gets the ball how many times, but I can’t help but think that there are some elements of the Air Raid offense that would work. It wasn’t all post routes and Hail Marys, and TE’s were a big part of the passing game. If we had just had better running backs and run blocking, it would have been even more unstoppable.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:33 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Was entertaining myself reading some of the comments when whatshisface committed to that basketball powerhouse in Eugene Oregon (any city named after my HS World History teacher is suspect right off the bat.) I now have a theory regarding the “misses” by Cal and why some think he’s losing his touch. Obviously, UK is not paying players – otherwise why would they NOT get these recruits that go to ho-hum basketball programs. With the exception of dook, UNCheat, Self’s Hairpiece, and a few others, what program would be able to outbid UK if they were in fact paying for players? So here’s what I think is happening. Since it has become obvious that Emmert and the NCAA has no balls when it comes to punishing programs for paying for players (cough cough, LSU, Auburn, Arizona…), these smaller programs have become emboldened in offering up big $$$ to get these players. After all, what do they have to lose? The risk of punishment is minimal, and the potential payout is great. Auburn is a great example of this. Unless/until the NCAA actually does something substantial to punish these schools in a way that significantly affects their bottom line, you will continue to see this. Maybe the end of the OAD rule will put an end to it, but maybe it just slides down to the next tier of players.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:35 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I chimed in late yesterday, but Bruce Pearl has actually spoken to Ethics classes at Auburn about the changing of his ways after the show cause. lol

10:36 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

You’re correct. The FBI exposed it; yet, it’s still going on…with impunity.

• wheresthelikebutton
      10:38 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Yes, the blueprint is there. Cheat, deny it, don’t get punished.

About those comments… Some people sound like they think they are entitled to a player joining our team. So weird. They can go where they want.

10:42 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I really never wanted THAT GUY with no name. I want Nick to get a bunch of minutes, and play through the mistakes. He gets a lot of grief on KSR; but, he really hasn’t had a chance. May cost a couple of games; but, leave him out there, I have faith in him.

10:43 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

cg, maybe it was just a test to see who could spot a guy who talks a good game, but has zero integrity.

• RealCatsFan
      10:44 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I’m with you on that one, rg.

• J-Dub421
      10:47 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

If Dante wants to go play in Oregon in front of tens of fans and not make the NCAA tournament, that’s his prerogative. No skin off my nose.

10:50 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Good point about Nick. This will be the first time at UK that he has been The Guy and should get every chance to show he can take on that role. EJ is something besides a 5, so it should be Nick’s job to lose.

• J-Dub421
      10:56 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

After all the summer workouts, EJ looks swole. He is noticeably bigger.

11:00 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Did you see the pic of Kahlil? Ripped.

11:02 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I think of EJ as more of a stretch 4. If he is indeed stronger (Wenyan Gabriel always looked like a bodybuilder in those preseason photos), then his rebounding and finishing through contact should be awesome.

• RealCatsFan
      11:14 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Pictures taken right after a lifting session when your muscles are all pumped can be deceiving.

11:27 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Oregon avg attendance last year was 8,500. Even UL, with their bad year, was double that.
      Oregon is not elite.

5. wheresthelikebutton
    10:34 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I don’t understand what explanation the guys want Mitch to give. The people who have already been allowed to drink are literally in a box where they can’t bother the general public. Selling to the whole crowd (I am on record that I would if it were me) will affect the game experience on some level and if UK doesn’t want to do it this year, they don’t have to.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:37 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I’ve been in and out of the office. They’re still beating that dead horse? Ugh. Move on guys.

10:46 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I can only speak for myself, but I think Mitch routinely screws it up when he tries to lay out the rationale behind his decisions. He should have just said that there isn’t enough time to consider all the things that need to be considered to make it happen this year, and let it go at that.

10:49 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

People don’t understand, it was never going to happen when Coach and the team had to attend the funeral of that 4 yr old boy last year.

• wheresthelikebutton
      10:50 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Yep. He lacks in communication sometimes. Maybe Peevy should be the one answering the tough questions.

10:57 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I’m a pragmatist, and not really into gestures and appearances. The people who got drunk before the alcohol policy change will continue to do so, no matter what UK does. The 18 year old who ran over the kid didn’t get drunk on beer sold legally in the stadium. Ok, I’ll stop beating that dead horse now.

11:15 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Good one, realme…you win.

11:22 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

TRADEMARK PROTECTED. Will aggressively enforce.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:42 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Whoops – didn’t have my earbud in all the way – when Matt said that Mitch Barnhart is a moralist, at first I thought he said he was a moron! πŸ˜€

7. RealCatsFan
    10:49 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Hey, our UK Volleyball team is preseason ranked #7! If you want to see some serious volleyball, come out and watch a few games.

• wheresthelikebutton
      10:51 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Is your kid going to try and play in college next year, or is that the other kid that plays?

• RealCatsFan
      11:03 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

She sent an email to the coach at Centre last week. Waiting to hear back from them. Might have to cobble together some video highlights. πŸ˜‰ She was not actively trying to get recruited for athletics. She wants to be recruited for academics instead. Smart girl.

11:14 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

She could do a whole lot worse than Centre, if that works out.

11:35 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Centre is a football power; they lead the series with UK 20-13-2. Seriously a great school.
      Best wishes to her.

• RealCatsFan
      11:47 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Mama is pushing hard for Centre. But my girl is a social butterfly, and is worried that campus will be too small for her. We shall see…

• J-Dub421
      11:51 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Centre is a great school, but it is tiny and Danville is kind of out there with not much around it. It’s also really expensive.

8. wheresthelikebutton
    10:58 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I mean, if I could watch a game at a wedding reception, it would be my favorite wedding ever attended.

11:03 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Do the people boo bad calls during the reception? Could be generally off -putting.

11:05 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Confession: I secretly watched a UK vs Missouri football game on my phone during the ceremony a couple of years ago. Sound turned down, of course. It was a Catholic wedding, so I got to see quite a bit of the game. πŸ™‚

• RealCatsFan
      11:06 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I remember one of my cousins getting married on the night that UK played Notre Dame in basketball back in the Bowie/Turpin era. Half the guests and the wedding party were crowded around a little TV back in the kitchen.

• RealCatsFan
      11:12 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Clutch, guy I used to work with was Catholic and his bride was Southern Baptist. So they had a Catholic ceremony and a Baptist reception. Long drawn out ceremony followed by no booze at the reception. Talk about getting it completely bass-ackwards…

11:25 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

RCF, if they had that on a Saturday during football season, you just described the perfect wedding for my own personal hell.

• J-Dub421
      11:29 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Catholic weddings are only long if you do a full mass. We did not, and it was about a 30 minute ceremony.

• J-Dub421
      11:32 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

The worst I’ve attended was an orthodox Catholic wedding that lasted a little over 2 hours and was done completely in Latin.

• RealCatsFan
      11:46 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

OMG, J-dub, that would be torture. I came of age right after they started having the Catholic masses in English rather than Latin. I had to study Latin in HS – couldn’t imagine having to listen to it for an hour. I do remember when people would stick their tongue out and the priest would lay the host on it. They even had the alter boys with the little plate thingy on a stick to hold under them to catch the drool! πŸ™‚

• J-Dub421
      11:50 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

It was unpleasant. I know some Latin from being a choir nerd for so long.

9. runningunnin.454
    11:14 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Hay, let this guy talk. I’ll take 11-1; and he has a point…the football does bounce funny.

• wheresthelikebutton
      11:16 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha. Super hard to dribble for sure.

10. wheresthelikebutton
    11:24 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I have a new conspiracy theory for y’all. Metronet started digging in my neighborhood this week (HAL-LE-LU-JAH). And now, for the first time our Spectrum internet is going down. Daily. For hours. Metronet has to be snipping Spectrum’s wires so we all switch, right?

11:30 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Could happen. Bread makers rough up the other brands when they stock the grocery shelves. Long live conspiracy theories.

• wheresthelikebutton
      11:35 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

That sounds fun. Put your bread on the shelf. Punch out all the Butternut.

11:37 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

The potato chip vendors could have a field day punching all the other bags of chips like a speed bag to break them up.

11:40 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Or maybe there’s a line the grocery vendors just don’t cross. You don’t smash my bread, I don’t smash yours.

• RealCatsFan
      11:42 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

You guys are cracking me up! Imagine what could go on in the egg aisle!

• J-Dub421
      11:47 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Let’s not go crazy and waste perfectly good bread and chips.

11:47 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

FOOD FIGHT.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:42 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Fok! My iHeart feed just took a dump. πŸ™

12. runningunnin.454
    11:47 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

More alcohol debate; they just won’t let it die. I drink coffee during the games…don’t want to miss a thing.
    I even drank coffee during the Steelers’ first pre-season game.

• J-Dub421
      11:47 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

Irish up that coffee and have the best of both worlds. πŸ˜‰

• RealCatsFan
      11:48 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I like to drink a beer during the game, but I don’t drink to get lit. (Not anymore.) But I’m not real inclined to pay $12 a pop for it either…

11:51 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I have been known to do that; try Irish Mist from Dublin…excellent.

• J-Dub421
      11:58 am August 14, 2019 Permalink

I hate being drunk. I like being fully in control of all my faculties, and I get hung over easily. Either a way, I can have a beer or two, or a couple glasses of wine in a night with no trouble.