KSR Show Thread, 8/1: Tune in to KSR!

Matt Jones in New York with Ryan Lemond in Lexington and Shannon The Dude in Louisville will take over the radio airwaves today for two hours of Kentucky Sports Radio radio. Kick back and enjoy the show! (Unless you have to work, then you should work. But listen if you can.)

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

44 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 8/1: Tune in to KSR!

1. Realme
    10:15 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Hi, great to see everybody.

• runningunnin.454
      10:17 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Can you see me? How many fingers am I holding up?

• J-Dub421
      10:17 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

You got to be in the show thread by yourself!

• Realme
      10:19 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

13, RG. Yes Jdub it was lonely.

• runningunnin.454
      10:19 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Noticed we have a couple of new knuckleheads on KSR; one predicts we go 3-9 this year…I was holding up one finger for him.

• J-Dub421
      10:25 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Lol, I predict 8-9 wins, with 10 as a possibility.

• ClutchCargo
      10:47 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Same, J-Dub. I’ve been saying the same thing since the schedule came out. I honestly don’t understand how anybody can look at the schedule and see less than 8 regular season wins. I can’t wait to say “I told you so” to all the sheeple who assume UK football will revert to the bad ol’ days.

• J-Dub421
      10:53 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

I don’t get all the TW hate either. He was only on campus for about 6 weeks before the season started last year but still won the starting job, was still learning the playbook, and got chucked in as an SEC starter with zero experience. He did pretty well last season, all things considered. Now he’s had an off-season to train, knows what the SEC is like, and knows the playbook better. He’s going to be better this year.

• Realme
      10:55 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

People keep saying he has to improve his accuracy, but that was actually high, I think, just not a huge number of attempts.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:57 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

I won’t like. I do have some concerns about Terry, but not nearly as much as the secondary, especially with DR out. We shall see. Either way…

GO CATS!!! AND GO CRAZY PREDICTIONS!!! (I am not weneedPitino)

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:22 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

I won’t LIE…

• ClutchCargo
      11:25 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

cg, that is one instance where it is important to go back and correct. If it still makes sense, I usually let it go.

2. J-Dub421
    10:19 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

I go out to eat by myself. I have even been to a movie by myself. I have never been to a game of any kind by myself.

• Realme
      10:20 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

I’ll eat by myself. Not a big movie person. Never been to a game alone, but why not.

• J-Dub421
      10:26 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

TRUTH! to the lady who said you get hit on if you’re a woman and you go out alone.

• runningunnin.454
      10:26 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Went to see “The Godfather” by myself. Girlfriend at the time didn’t want to go, eh…her loss.

• Realme
      10:27 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Gotta have earbuds in, phone in face, really mean unapproachable expression, or some combination of the 3.

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

I’ll have to work on my mean-mug. I always get my time monopolized but some drunk boor who can’t stop talking and won’t take the hint when I repeatedly try to go back to my book.

• Realme
      10:45 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, the drunk creeps do not pick up on obvious cues. Probably have to get up and move in that situation. F politeness, to quote my favorite non-sports podcast.

• runningunnin.454
      10:51 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

During my bachelor days, I would always hate it when I would go to a bar for some quiet, reflective contemplation, and some beautiful woman would hit on me..and, well, ah…forget it; I can’t even finish that bs.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:54 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

RG giving me a belly laugh again. lol

• Realme
      10:57 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

I’ve never understood the female need to go to the restroom in groups. My MIL used to be like, “I need to visit the restroom, you wanna go?” Um, no.

• J-Dub421
      10:57 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

One dude who was old enough to be my father yapped my ear off for almost an hour, telling me about all the DUI’s he’s gotten and how he moved to be closer to his favorite bar (which we were in) so he could walk home and stop getting DUI’s. He also missed my clearly displayed wedding ring. I don’t find multiple DUI’s to be a turn-on.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:58 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Safety in numbers is what I figured. If you ever watched “Criminal Minds” you would understand. Haha.

• ClutchCargo
      11:19 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Haha! Realme, as a dude, I definitely never understood why females go to the restroom together. I used to think it was so they could talk freely without the boys knowing what was going on, but maybe not.

I do miss the days when sitting at the bar on business trips and engaging in friendly conversation with the people around me was normal. Now everybody just has their faces buried in their phones.

3. cats646
    10:22 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Fuk Tebow! Lol

4. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:53 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Leave old Joe alone. He had just heard “867-5309”.

• runningunnin.454
      11:01 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Is Jenny there?

• J-Dub421
      11:07 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

You rang?

• runningunnin.454
      11:17 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

“Jenny Jenny Jenny, won’t you come along with me”.

• ClutchCargo
      11:23 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

When my wife (yet another Jenny) and I started dating, I used to sing the chorus of that song, but substitute her phone number for the the ones in the lyrics. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      11:29 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

I tease my mom about naming me after a tramp. (I’m older than the song.)

• runningunnin.454
      11:29 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Clutch, you romantic dog, you.

• ClutchCargo
      11:36 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

It was more clowning around than romantic. I love to make people laugh. BTW, the last digit was 9, so it was easy to sing it the right way.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:46 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

So now we know what the J in “J-Dub” stands for. 😉

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:49 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

BTW RG, I knew I had heard that song before but I drew a blank on who sang it (as well as the rest of the lyrics…I haven’t heard it in years…I had to look it up). Little Richard was awesome.

I’m surprised you knew the other Jenny song. Since you had no use for disco, I figured you had no use for 80’s music. I love 70’s and 80’s, and a good bit of 50’s and 60’s as well. I couldn’t get into that much after the 80’s, but there is some I like.

• runningunnin.454
      11:51 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

“She never bothers with people she’d hate,
      That’s why the lady is a tramp”. Frank Sinatra.
      BTW, tramp there doesn’t mean what you’d think.

• runningunnin.454
      12:02 pm August 1, 2019 Permalink

The 5309 song is very singable. I find that ’80’s and beyond, you have to pick and choose; unlike the 50’s and 60’s when practically everything was good.

5. J-Dub421
    11:41 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Brown sounded arrogant, overly defensive, and disingenuous. Not a fan.

• ClutchCargo
      11:44 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Not listening today, who’s Brown?

• J-Dub421
      11:47 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

Jason Brown, the coach from Last Chance U that was on yesterday.

• Realme
      11:50 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

If he had a smidge of humility, so that he could admit when he screws up, that would help him become a better human and coach, like Matt said. But I agree with Ryan about liking him a little better after the interview. I think he meant it when he said what he cares about is helping the players.

6. J-Dub421
    11:57 am August 1, 2019 Permalink

I would never hitchhike or pick up a hitchhiker.

• RealCatsFan
      1:06 pm August 1, 2019 Permalink

Ode to Rutger Hauer, one hitchhiker you NEVER wanted to pick up.