KSR Show Thread, 7/8: Munfordville Tour Stop

On today’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio radio, Matt Jones, Ryan Lemond and Shannon The Dude are at Hart County High School for the kickoff of the summer tour. Tune in for two hours of fun from Munfordville.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

44 Comments for KSR Show Thread, 7/8: Munfordville Tour Stop

1. Realme
    10:12 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Ugh, of all the times to get technical difficulties.

• J-Dub421
      10:15 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

That was particularly bad timing. Jurich must be at it again.

• runningunnin.454
      10:18 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Don’t bother me; I’m reading an article entitled, “20 Duke Players Who Were Total Busts In The NBA”.

• J-Dub421
      10:19 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Already read that one a while back RG. It’s not wrong.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:25 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Link please!

• runningunnin.454
      10:27 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Noticed over the weekend, we have a Dookie commenting here on KSR. How he can show up after the ignominious debacle that was Dook last year, I don’t know.

• runningunnin.454
      10:33 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Sorry, Chris it’s one of those things that show up on KSR here at the office. I have the blocker at home, so I don’t see them…now it’s disappeared.

• ukkatzfan
      2:12 pm July 8, 2019 Permalink

runningunnin54, hardest job in press ever is narrowing it down to 20.

2. J-Dub421
    10:18 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Dang Ryan, don’t make me cry at work.

3. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:21 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

I don’t know what I can say about Jared that hasn’t been said. He always sounded like a really nice guy on the radio and since his passing several national guys, not just UK writers and broadcasters, have confirmed that he was the nicest guy in the world. Cameron Mills, who has battled weight issues himself (I didn’t realize he had gotten to 300), said on BB Insider that Jared was winning the battle with his weight (he had lost 100 pounds) but just ran out of time.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:22 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

And continued prayers for his kids especially and the rest of the family.

• Realme
      10:30 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

I hate that I wasn’t very into UK football yet when Jared was playing. Been watching highlights a lot, of course. That must have been so freaking fun to watch live. I’m still just as sad, listening to hours of him and the guys on the football podcast made me feel like I knew them all personally. It’s amazing how many thousands of people feel that way about Jared. Glad in reading the obituary to see that his kids have lots of extended family around them.

• J-Dub421
      10:39 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

The J-Lo football seasons were fun and exciting. He was a great competitor and a joy to watch.

• runningunnin.454
      10:46 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

I remember watching the back over the shoulder pass live; I thought, wow, he must have eyes in the back of his head. Very exciting player.

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

I remember watching the 7 OT Arkansas game. I laughed my head off when Jared yelled at those fans.

• runningunnin.454
      11:31 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Yep, I thought it was going to be first to 100.

• RealCatsFan
      11:41 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

I just remember watching him scrambling out of the pocket and lumbering down the field dragging three guys behind him. Reminded me of William “Refidgerator” Perry.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:35 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

So I have missed the entire first 30 minutes of the radio show because I was the lucky one who got to take the phone call from a complete idiot customer. This guy must have dropped straight out of the moronosphere. He ranted and raved for at least 45 minutes because he can’t figure out how to pull a connector out of a piece of CPAP tubing. I think a 3 year old could do it.

So I guess someone will have to bring me up to speed on what I missed. What a great start for the week.

• Realme
      10:36 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Well, lets just say it would make you want to cry. Especially Ryan having to talk about Jared for the first time.

5. Realme
    10:42 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

I will root for the Lakers, with Rondo, Cousins and Davis (LeBron who?) reunited. But if they try to take my coach… That won’t be pretty.

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Cal doesn’t want to play babysitter for the LeBron show. He’ll stay at Kentucky.

• runningunnin.454
      11:13 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Y’all trying to make LeBron cry?

• ukkatzfan
      2:21 pm July 8, 2019 Permalink

When UCLA offer was in news, I would have Cal to Lakers. Now…. Once again, I would bet it again. Before Oct 2020. Lakers would be a Cat magnet. Coach-2 is probably already at work behind the scenes for it. OKC is looking like a rebuild too. So, coach-2, Coach-2 Jr and the kid will be begging for the UK job.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:53 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Hearing the guys talk about a miniature Stonehenge reminds me of the stonehenge scene out of the movie “Spinal Tap”. 🙂

7. RealCatsFan
    11:05 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Still hard to believe that we are talking about a service for Jared this week. Just a few weeks ago he was on the show. Just goes to show that you never know what the future holds. Never miss a chance to tell your loved ones what they mean to you.

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Truth. It seems very surreal.

8. J-Dub421
    11:10 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Must be having technical difficulties, Werewolves of London has been going on for some time now.

• Realme
      11:12 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

And now we get the first hour again.

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

And now the show has started over from the beginning.

• runningunnin.454
      11:15 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Had Chinese last night; wolfed down the General Tso.

• RealCatsFan
      11:35 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Just stay away from the Won Hung Lo – aka, Chinese meatballs. 🙂

9. Realme
    11:38 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

I’d put the ice cream licker in jail too. Just for being an a-hole. Also, don’t buy ice cream that doesn’t have a plastic seal over the lid!

• J-Dub421
      11:40 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

What kind of psycho does that?

• runningunnin.454
      11:42 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

LOL, have to build a lot more jails.

• RealCatsFan
      11:44 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Is it possible that the ice cream licker is also the Devin Booker door handle licker?

• J-Dub421
      11:56 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Again, who over the age of 2 goes around licking stuff? Act like an adult. You’re not a toddler or a dog, stop putting things in your mouth.

10. Realme
    11:41 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Media already making excuses for Zion at the next level.

• Realme
      11:42 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Waaaahh I’ve got a knee bruise. Must hide rest of the summer.

• RealCatsFan
      11:43 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Honest question – if Zion had played for UK instead of dook, would he have the media fawning over him the same way? Maybe that’s the vampire’s pitch to recruits. That or his hypnotic gaze.

• Realme
      11:49 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Well they made a fairly big deal about Davis. Of course he was better and won a championship.

11. TPACAT
    11:53 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Hopefully those young girl soccer fans will learn not to drop the American flag on the ground and almost step on it while doing some stupid gorilla dance…

• J-Dub421
      11:57 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Hopefully rednecks will stop wearing it as bikinis and underwear.

• StillBP
      12:17 pm July 8, 2019 Permalink

I take it you’ve only dropped something once in your life, bc after that you learned how to not accidentally drop something huh? And you’ve never accidentally ALMOST stepped on something huh? Almost… How dare they almost step on something lol

12. Realme
    11:53 am July 8, 2019 Permalink

Whoa. He just said “what I WAS considering”. Has Matt finally made the big decision?