KSR Show Thread 7/31: How about them Reds?

Graphic by @addison_price

Matt fighting the Finebaum callers (Graphic by @addison_price)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will talk about the Yasiel Puig trade and the fight in last night’s Reds/Pirates game, the latest recruiting buzz, and whatever else their hearts desire.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

33 Comments for KSR Show Thread 7/31: How about them Reds?

1. runningunnin.454
    10:06 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Well, if the Reds and Pirates are going to be cellar dwellers, they can at least fight, and put on a good show.

• Realme
      10:13 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Sounds like a good one. I’ll have to look that up.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:16 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Fun fact: Clint Hurdle once played for the Reds.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:19 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Haha. I just saw where the Reds manager had already been ejected earlier, and returned to the field during the fight and shoved Hurdle. Someone did a video where they showed him running in, and then showed the Ultimate Warrior doing a run in during a rasslin’ match.

Last night when I saw the video of the fight on Sportscenter, they were breaking down the punches and showed a Pirate player who had a chance to land a great hay maker and totally whiffed and missed.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:20 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Well, I still can’t post links. Grrr!!!

• bouzoukiman
      10:21 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

• ClutchCargo
      10:48 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Normally, baseball fights are just a lot of standing around trying to look tough and maybe a shove a guy or two. I hated to see the Reds have a total meltdown, but in this case it was completely justified after Dietrich just barely got his head out of the way of a 97 mph fastball. I only wish Bell had been able to get ahold of Clint Hurdle, if only for a few seconds.

• bouzoukiman
      11:09 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Dan Lebatard once asked (this is when he was on ESPN radio on Sunday mornings before church time) “Why is it that basketball players get in a fight they always look like they’re swinging a purse?” I think he was specifically talking about a fight Shaq had gotten into a day or 2 prior.

2. Realme
    10:09 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

I was watching some Last Chance U last night, and heard a quote so good I had to write it down to share with you guys. Brown is speechifying at the team about how they should know right from wrong no matter their home life, and he said “I don’t believe that Charles Manson b***s*** that his daddy was a killer so he ate m-er f-ers!” Uh, wut?

• runningunnin.454
      10:16 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Manson never knew his father, Colonel Scott, who was from Kentucky. Colonel was his given name, not his rank. His father was a con artist; but, he never killed anyone.

• Realme
      10:21 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

And Manson had other people do his killing, and didn’t eat his victims. Kind of mixing his metaphorical psychopaths.

• bouzoukiman
      10:22 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

^^^ The walking Encyclopedia Britannica ladies and gentlemen.

• bouzoukiman
      10:22 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

RG that is. No offense Realme.

• Realme
      10:23 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Oh, none taken.

• RealCatsFan
      10:36 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

When I was in college, I had Ron Holmes as my professor in a class that discussed a lot of psychology. He had studied and interviewed many notorious serial killers, including Manson, Bundy, Gacy and Dahmer. He said Manson was simply bat-chit crazy. Bundy was pretty creepy because he was so intelligent and diabolical, but could come off as completely normal and friendly.

• runningunnin.454
      10:41 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Wow, the HOF of serial killers; how could you stand to be around such unadulterated evil.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Everyone knows Manson is super crazy. Sane, normal people don’t carve swastikas in their foreheads.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:33 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Well, can’t really listen to the show today, and probably wouldn’t be able to hear it over the rumble of all these hotrod engines. Am I missing anything good?

• Realme
      10:45 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Nah. Baseball fight and restaurant grades.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:38 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Oregon hasn’t won anything since 1939, the first ncaa tournament. They are obviously fixing recruits up with coeds, or dropping a bag. I’m guessing; but, what else could it be?

• bouzoukiman
      11:06 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

You all may not remember, but their coach (Dana something) had left Creighton for Arkansas, then got cold feet a day or 2 later and went back to Creighton. One writer said he wasn’t that surprised because Dana was embarrassed at having to do the “Woo pig” yell at his introductory presser.

After that UA hired John Pelphrey. Pel had NO qualms about the yell and said something like “I want everyone to know who’s side I’m on”.

5. J-Dub421
    10:50 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

I don’t eat at any restaurant that has less than an A rating. I also periodically clorox-wipe my remote, so take that Matt!

• runningunnin.454
      11:12 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

MJ’s remote probably has chili and hummus remnants on it; he should at least get a dog so he could put the remote on the floor, and let the dog clean it.
      I know, eewww…I’m JK.

• bouzoukiman
      11:12 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

We don’t wipe things down that religiously, but in a hotel room, you better believe the whole room is Clorox wiped (almost everything but the floor and ceiling…haha). There are just too many stories out there about stuff either 1) not getting cleaned, or 2) getting “cleaned” with the same rag they just wiped down all the bathrooms on the same floor with. *green faced emoji*

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Oh, I have absolutely clorox-wiped hotel room remotes, etc.

6. Realme
    11:17 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Must be nice for Ryan and Drew to have their careers up in the air waiting for Matt to get his decision made.

7. Realme
    11:22 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

First Drew says “questaraunt” and gets away with it, then they all go on and on answering a question the guy didn’t ask.

• runningunnin.454
      11:25 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Questaraunt, where you point to your food, and ask the waitress, “What is this”?

• J-Dub421
      11:37 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Questaurant – a quest for a restaurant. Like in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.

8. Realme
    11:39 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

Never wanted to join a protest before, but I am cheering for these guys. Pretty sure the coal company can find some money.

9. J-Dub421
    11:40 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

I totally agree with what the miners are doi8ng and they deserve to be paid for their work. However, this dude is a living advertisement for staying in school.

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am July 31, 2019 Permalink

*doing, I really need to cut my nails.

10. MoscowMitchtheB!+(]-[McConnell
    8:25 pm July 31, 2019 Permalink

I’m a White Sox fan for obvious reasons.