KSR Show Thread 7/30: Jason Brown from Last Chance U

Today will be a day that will live in infamy. Former Independence Community College head football coach Jason Brown is calling in to Kentucky Sports Radio to talk to Matt Jones. The confrontation has already forced Ryan Lemond to hide under a table.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

53 Comments for KSR Show Thread 7/30: Jason Brown from Last Chance U

1. runningunnin.454
    9:55 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Yesterday, we were talking about the Manson thing. Interesting that a couple of weeks before Tarantino’s Hollywood film opened, one of the murder houses (not the Tate one) went on the market for 1.98 million.
    Question, all factors (price, location) being satisfactory, would you buy the house and live in it?

• Realme
      10:02 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

I wouldn’t care about what happened there after all these years, or worry about ghosts, but I wouldn’t want to live in a potential tourist hot spot, so it would depend on if true crime people try to visit it.

• runningunnin.454
      10:23 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Incidentally, the house where Sharon Tate was murdered was sold a couple of times, and the realtor said he would take prospective buyers to the house, but he couldn’t go inside..said he could feel the evil.
      That house was demolished in the early ’90’s, and another home built there…they even changed the street address.

• ClutchCargo
      10:29 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

You think maybe a realtor (or anyone else) living in Hollyweird could be a bit dramatic? 😉

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Certainly not conducive to selling the house, hah. Did you know the owner of the house actually sent a huge repair bill to Sharon Tate’s parents for damages suffered during the murders? He was actually awarded $4,000 by the court…what a guy.

• RealCatsFan
      10:35 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

I could deal with it, but the Mrs would have problems. We looked at a lot to build a house one time that had a few civil war era headstones sitting on it – they had apparently been moved from somewhere else. They came in and trenched the property to look for possible graves, and even after that she was convinced the place would be haunted. 🙂 We didn’t end up buying the property, but it wasn’t for this reason. ($$$)

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:37 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

The owner’s insurance wouldn’t pay for any of that? I’ve never even thought about whether it covers cleanup after a crime like that.

• RealCatsFan
      10:40 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

It wouldn’t surprise me if it did not. I know a lot of insurance policies have exclusions for riot, acts of war, etc.

2. Realme
    10:09 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

This Jason Brown interview is going to be awkward if Brown has listened to all of the guys opinions of him and his coaching.

• RealCatsFan
      10:40 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Awkward = good listening fun.

• RealCatsFan
      11:10 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Whoohoo – Jason is coming out guns a blazing!

• StillBP
      11:18 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Oh I’ve seen that Dateline. She was actually texting and/or on the phone w him while he was in his truck dying. She didn’t necessarily get convicted just for telling him to do so but also for not reporting it to authorities while it was happening. She got like a year and a half for involuntary manslaughter

• StillBP
      11:18 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Oops reply fail. Copy/paste coming lol

• J-Dub421
      11:19 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

He seems very angry and defensive.

3. Realme
    10:15 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

That story Drew brought up yesterday is really interesting, btw. If you don’t know it, Conrad Roy committed suicide, after receiving texts from his “girlfriend” Michele Carter ordering him to do so. She is super evil imo (she wanted to get the pity and attention of a grieving girlfriend, even though it’s not even clear if they were a couple), but there wasn’t specifically a law that said telling someone to kill themselves is a crime. I’d like Lawyer Matt to get into that one.

• runningunnin.454
      10:28 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Sounds like she is like those people who go to the doctor when they’re not sick…Munchhausen.
      Actually, people have been convicted of “causing” another person to commit suicide.

• Realme
      10:34 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

It may have been the electronic communication conditions that made it hard for them to convict her of anything. I think she was convicted of something small, but hasn’t spent any significant time in jail.

• JTHinton
      10:50 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

I would think that falls under the part of free speech that prohibits one to go into, say, a movie theater and yell “gunman” or “fire” etc.

• StillBP
      11:18 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

• StillBP
      11:18 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

• StillBP
      11:20 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Dang it, I didn’t copy/paste twice here. I give up, clearly having issues today. Still unable to comment from my computer

• Realme
      11:21 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

I don’t think she’s actually serving that though. I may not be up to date, but it was looking like she could win on appeal.

• Realme
      11:21 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

I think she deserves to do time, but it’s not unusual for one’s intent to not matter.

• Realme
      11:22 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha we all have those days on here.

• J-Dub421
      11:23 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

The dude also tried to stop killing himself and got out of the car. The chick told him not to wimp out on killing himself, and to get back in the car. She is evil, and absolutely deserves the jail time she got.

• StillBP
      11:27 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

She’s still in jail, just googled it. Apparently they just moved her to a new jail yesterday, that keeps popping up. And I guess I lied, I said I give up but here I am again lol

• Realme
      11:28 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Good! She deserves to stay there a long time.

• RealCatsFan
      11:41 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

She is a psychopath and should never be in contact with the public, IMO. No conscience at all, hallmark of a sociopath.

4. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:34 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

I don’t care about MJ’s problems. I made the Top 10 Tweets last night. WINNING!!! lol

No autographs, please.

• runningunnin.454
      10:51 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Congrats, do we call you Patrick, now?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:57 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

My family calls me Pat…not the one from SNL. 🙂

5. RealCatsFan
    10:38 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Hot take – if Tyler Herro had played for dook, UNCheat, Wisconsin, Louisville, etc., would BBN be lambasting him for those pictures in Miami? 🙂

• Realme
      10:39 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Yes. He looks silly. But so do most of these guys when they go to the NBA.

• JTHinton
      10:50 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Absolutely

• runningunnin.454
      10:57 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Would you go out in public, dressed like that? Speaking of UL, did you know they have a DB named Jack Fagot? Have to feel sorry for that guy.

• RealCatsFan
      10:59 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Next thing you know they will bring Gaylord Fokker in to play on their water volleyball team.

• J-Dub421
      11:25 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Tyler can dress however he wants, but I do have a problem with him wearing a shirt from The U. UK gear or bust.

• runningunnin.454
      11:27 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Good one; “are you a pothead, Fokker”?

• RealCatsFan
      11:42 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

rg, I want SO MUCH to channel my inner Robert DeNiro now that my daughters are dating. My younger daughter’s boyfriend is actually scared of me, and that’s a great feeling! 😀

• runningunnin.454
      11:47 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Tell them you have a .45 and a shovel.

• RealCatsFan
      11:58 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Yep, that plus a 1200 square foot shop to strip their vehicle and sell the parts and an acre of woods to bury them in! Believe me, I have already perfected that speech!

6. Realme
    11:09 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Ryan is already under the table!

• RealCatsFan
      11:11 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

This should be good practice for Matt if he steps into the political arena. If he squirms under pressure like this, he better stay home.

• Realme
      11:12 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

I think they both are handling it well. I thought this would be a train wreck.

• RealCatsFan
      11:17 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Jason is getting way too defensive. He needs to understand that he is a public figure in addition to a coach. Yeah, the kids should come first, but he needs to understand that part of his public image is completely his own doing.

• J-Dub421
      11:31 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Dude is full of it. He talks out both sides of his mouth and contradicts himself a lot.

• Realme
      11:32 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

He comes across WAY worse on the show than he did on here.

7. cats646
    11:13 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

I’ve never watched last chance U. But from what I’ve heard today, I like this guy.

• Realme
      11:17 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

I agree. He’s obnoxious, arrogant, loud, mean, and foul mouthed on the field, which is all you see on the show. But all those adjectives apply to many esteemed coaches.

• Realme
      11:23 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Doesn’t mean I’d like to be around him as a human being.

• runningunnin.454
      11:50 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Can they get Bob Knight?

• RealCatsFan
      11:57 am July 30, 2019 Permalink

Now THAT would be Must Listen Radio!

8. UKFanSC