KSR Show Thread 7/3: Last show before the holiday

The gang is taking tomorrow and Friday off, so tune in for your last (new) episode of KSR for the week. Matt, Drew, and Shannon are ready to recap Keldon’s big night in the Summer League, Willie going to the Warriors, and much, much more.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

51 Comments for KSR Show Thread 7/3: Last show before the holiday

1. runningunnin.454
    10:03 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Oh boy, I sure hope espn shows last season’s Dook basketball games all day tomorrow.

• 4everUKblue
      10:08 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Especially the UCF game, so we can see again just how unfair that game was called.

• Realme
      10:09 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

We should be so lucky.

Blech, blarghh barffff.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:12 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

I remember the first network I recall doing marathons on holidays like tomorrow or Memorial Day. I think it was the USA network, but whichever one it was, the first one I saw was a David Letterman marathon and it was awesome. He was so funny and odd in those early NBC days.

• J-Dub421
      10:13 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

This is why I have the Tennis Channel.

10:19 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

It’s why I have a boat – although Mother Nature may not cooperate with that – that beeotch!

• J-Dub421
      10:21 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

I spent last night watching Roger Federer (Yay!), Serena Williams, Rafael Nadal, and Frances Tiafoe. I love Wimbledon!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:22 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

*LIKE* to every anti-Dook comment.

• runningunnin.454
      10:26 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Dook fans seem to be rather scarce around here, ha ha.

10:51 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

J-Dub, I was listening to the radio on the way in, and they were talking about the 15-year-old sensation Coco Gauff beating her idol, Venus Williams. It is a pretty cool story.

• J-Dub421
      10:55 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

She cried on court after she won. There have been a bunch of upsets so far in the early rounds at Wimbledon this year.

11:00 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Yep, as you well know, I have daughters, so seeing that kind of made my allergies act up a little bit. 😉

2. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:10 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

If they do not play “Livin’ in America” by my man James Brown I will be HIGHLY upset. JB was B*A*D*D!!!

• Realme
      10:11 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Weird country only apparently. Oh joy.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:21 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

I thought weird country was everything MJ listens too. ZING!
      Okay, so I actually like some stuff he likes.

• runningunnin.454
      10:28 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

At least play the quintessential country tune, “What Made Milwaukee Famous Has Made A Fool Out Of Me” by the Killer, Jerry Lee.
      Ah, I’m kidding.

3. Realme
    10:13 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

I may be grumpy, but I don’t know how many more times I can listen to Matt say “adult academic team”.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      10:23 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

What was he referring to? I missed that.

BTW, are you keeping the chupacabra Gravatar until basketball season and then going back to the Cal 3 goggles?

• Realme
      10:29 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

I guess I’ll keep it until I’m inspired to do something new. Probably should go with something football related next month. 🙂

Apparently AAT is a thing in my hometown of Glasgow and is on the local access channel. He just kept saying it over and over.

• runningunnin.454
      10:33 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Glasgow has a terrific marching band, with the bagpipes and the smoke; I guess they still have that.

• Realme
      10:35 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Yes that was always great. Hope they still wear kilts.

• ClutchCargo
      10:37 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

That band has been very good for a long time.

• Realme
      10:40 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

My parents made my brothers be in it. The oldest got into a fight with the director and walked off (he preferred playing football anyways). Lucky for little sister, my parents were over trying to make that happen when it was my turn.

10:42 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

I hear that you have to be a real man to wear a kilt. And hopefully you don’t go commando when you wear one!

10:46 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

So I looked it up, and found this interesting tidbit:

“Kilts have been traditionally worn without undergarments since their use as part of Scottish military uniform, leading to the invention of such expressions as “going commando” or”go regimental” or “military practice” for wearing no underwear. On the Western Front during the First World War, some Sergeants Major reportedly had mirrors tied to the end of golf clubs or walking sticks to inspect up and under the kilt at parade inspection. However, in 1940 the kilt was retired from combat due to the vulnerability of bare skin to chemical agents, although it was retained as the formal dress uniform of the regiments. In the 1950s, kilted soldiers on parade would be checked by the Sergeant Major using a mirror on the barracks floor. In 1997, a Black Watch soldier received wide press exposure, because of windy conditions during a military ceremony in Hong Kong.”

• Realme
      10:49 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

You’d think that pouch thing (sporran?) would be able to hold it down in front.

• ClutchCargo
      10:50 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

So, RCF, you’re saying the way to stop Scottish soldiers back then is to just put up a barbed wire fence?

• runningunnin.454
      10:51 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

German soldiers called the Scottish regiments in WWI, “Die Damen aus der Holle” or Ladies from Hell because of the kilts, and their fierceness.
      German quiz to follow.

• Realme
      10:58 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha Ladies From Hell is a great description.

11:01 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

I bet they called them ladies until they lifted those kilts. 😀

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Surprise!!

11:36 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Back in our younger days of wild houseboat parties at Seventy-Six Falls at Lake Cumberland, one of the participants used to stand on the back of the boat wearing a kilt. When he had enough urging from some of the female passers-by, he would lift his kilt for them. I advised him that it would be wise for him to avoid jumping in the water – it was cold.

• J-Dub421
      11:47 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

“Do women know about shrinkage?” George Costanza

“It shrinks??” Elaine Bettis

“Like a frightened turtle.” Jerry Seinfeld

11:54 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

I loved Elaine’s response: “I don’t know how you guys can walk around with those things!” 😀

4. J-Dub421
    10:14 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

I’m glad Keldon bounced back and had a good game yesterday.

10:20 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Yep, Mrs RCF showed me video of the half court shot that he hit.

• J-Dub421
      10:21 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Looked familiar, no? 😉

10:30 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

That was the caption on the video! 😀

5. RealCatsFan
    10:41 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Ha! KSR is being attacked by the evil Ninja-senator Turtle. 🙂

6. J-Dub421
    10:44 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Woo! Get Paid Darius! Even if you’ll have to suffer through a bunch of dookies and the Lonzo Ball show.

• Realme
      10:46 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Yes! Nice.

10:49 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

So apparently the dad of one of the kids I coached in volleyball coached DM in AAU ball. Never looked it up to verify, but sounds plausible.

7. RealCatsFan
    11:26 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

So, of all the names they have mentioned so far, there has to be a “Cooter” and “Possum” in there somewhere, right? What about “Catfish”?

11:27 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Ha! They just mentioned a PVA named Catfish! 🙂

8. Realme
    11:31 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Next presidential election I’m voting for that dog mayor. Remind me.

11:33 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Couldn’t do any worse than what we have now. 🙂 If it’s anything like my dog, it will just lay around on the couch all day.

9. RealCatsFan
    11:37 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Speaking of videos of the planes hitting the Twin Towers, I don’t think it needs to be shown over and over. Too hard on the survivors and those who lost loved ones, and IMO it also glorifies what the terrorists accomplished.

• ClutchCargo
      11:49 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

I’m against it being used to promote a political agenda, but it’s something that happened and needs to be remembered. I didn’t lose any loved ones, and I do respect the feelings of those who did, but the memory of holding my newborn daughter while watching the live coverage on tv is seared in my mind. I feel like an old-timer talking about WWII when I say anything about it to my kids, because they really don’t understand what it was like to live in a country where terrorism was a new thing. I can understand why some would be opposed to seeing it over and over again, though

• TPACAT
      1:21 pm July 3, 2019 Permalink

So how exactly do you use images of 9/11 to promote a political agenda when both Democrats AND Republicans were attacked?

• Realme
      11:51 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

I guess I don’t mind it on the anniversary. That day and any footage is going to be painful for many, and they can expect it and choose not to turn the tv on that day if necessary. I think it is important to remember occasionally just how wrong and horrible that was.

Also, I love fireworks. Matt and Drew are dumb.

10. J-Dub421
    11:44 am July 3, 2019 Permalink

Gregg Marshall’s wife was wrecked and acting a fool. That’s not Drew’s fault.