KSR Show Thread 7/22: Somerset Golf Scramble

Welcome to Week Three of the KSR Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass Tour, which is coming to you today from Woodson Bend Resort in Somerset for the KSR Golf Scramble. Tune in to hear the gang recap a fun weekend at the Barbasol Championship and The Basketball Tournament, and look ahead to another week on the tour.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

52 Comments for KSR Show Thread 7/22: Somerset Golf Scramble

1. runningunnin.454
    10:02 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

I’ve got nothing to say, but it’s okay
    Good morning, good morning.

• Realme
      10:03 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

grunt

• runningunnin.454
      10:06 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

groan?

• Realme
      10:11 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

uuhhnnn

10:14 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Waiting for coffee to activate brain….

• Realme
      10:16 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Mine might be too far gone.

• RealCatsFan
      10:27 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Thank god the latest study on coffee found no link to cancer, because otherwise I would be doomed.

2. J-Dub421
    10:20 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

I think we’ll win another title and go to at least two more final fours under Cal.

• RealCatsFan
      10:27 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Hope so. Feels like we have been knocking on the door the past couple years.

3. Realme
    10:25 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Same.

10:27 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

We missed the final four last season by overtime to a team we were playing for the third time. We missed the final four in 2017 by a last second shot to the eventual champion.

4. Realme
    10:29 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

40 days til football.

• ClutchCargo
      10:37 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Go cats and go football season!

• Realme
      10:38 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Yes, and go our old friend weneedpitino!

• RealCatsFan
      10:39 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, picked up a UK Football poster at the local Kroger the other day, and Mrs RCF told me I should have gotten an extra one in case we beat Florida again and we need to tape one up on our neighbor’s front door (who is a huge Gators fan 🙂 ).

10:42 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Can’t wait! Go Football Cats!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:54 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

I want a Kash poster. I have to see if the UKAA will mail them like they did the bball poster last year.

11:57 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

I wish there was a way to privately message people on this site. If there was, I would mail one to you CG.

5. Realme
    10:40 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

I feel like I have heard Matt discuss this “drop off” in recruiting thing more than any other topic ever, even bad food and bad music.

10:44 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Technically there has been, but only to Duke, and Duke hasn’t done anything with them. Eventually the players will figure it out and stop wasting their time with Duke.

• Realme
      10:46 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

If they weren’t falling for Penny’s bs, we’d be back on top right now.

10:59 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

I honestly think the Penny experiment will be short lived.

• RealCatsFan
      11:19 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

I hope so, because the fake hype and seeing him puff out his chest is getting annoying.

• Realme
      11:20 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Not fair to the kids, but I am hoping for a big fail this season.

6. Realme
    10:42 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Didn’t Orton admit taht he srewed up and apoligez a couple yers ago?

• Realme
      10:42 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Seriously hope ya’ll didn’t want me to correct all those typos.

10:45 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

I can’t remember. Orton has long been a dude who can’t seem to stay out of his own way.

• ClutchCargo
      10:46 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

If it is clear enough what you are trying to say, I don’t see the point. And if the people directly involved with UK athletics are good with Orton, who am I to hold a grudge. Some people just need to let it go.

10:54 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, I’m over Orton. Water under the bridge.

• RealCatsFan
      11:13 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

I posted this on the other thread about him, but my lasting memory of him was when he landed hard in a game and was writing on the floor – someone said something like “get up” to him and he said “I can’t, MFer!” But the funniest thing about the video was that the dude was using his phone to record the replay on his TV, and there was a little kid yelling in the background. When Orton opens his mouth to yell at one point, there is a scream in the background, and it makes it look like he was screaming like a little girl.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:45 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Orton was just an immature kid who was hearing from his family and hangers-on his whole life that he was the next coming of Shaq. He didn’t handle it too well when he had to work for PT against players like Cousins. If you coddle your kids too much, this is what you get. I think Cal kept him because he had already committed prior to Cal coming to UK. If Cal had been there for a few years, do you think he would have recruited a player like Orton, considering his attitude that the attitude of his parents? I doubt it.

• ClutchCargo
      10:51 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, Orton was one of those BCG recruits who were good enough to keep around. I can’t see Cal seriously recruiting him, though.

• RealCatsFan
      11:07 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

I think Orton would have been one of those kids who get a lot of interest from UK early on, and then they just drop recruiting him. Cal has had a number of these, and in a lot of cases it turns out to be a bullet that was dodged. That is one thing about this staff that I commend – they know how to root out the turds when it comes to personalities and character.

11:15 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Agreed. In was reading an interview with DMC a couple days ago, and he was talking about being back in Lexington, and having Orton on his team. Anyway, DMC said something along the lines of, “He’s still the same crazy DO,” (about Orton). If Boogie thinks you’re kinda crazy, you might be kinda crazy.

8. Realme
    10:55 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

If Matt can’t remember a couple good dunks from Darius, that’s on him.

9. J-Dub421
    10:56 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Watching mild mannered Darius Miller suddenly hulk-out and cram on some poor chump was always fun.

10:58 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

For your viewing pleasure:

• RealCatsFan
      11:09 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

And I just love his reaction afterwards – no showboating, just business as usual.

11:12 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

I love the faces our the rest of our team. TJ at the end was especially funny.

• RealCatsFan
      11:17 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

He could play some D as well! (you have to go all the way to the 3:20 mark to see the block)

• RealCatsFan
      11:18 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

J-Dub, TJ might have been second only to Julius Randall for hilarious faces on the basketball court. SGA had some good ones too.

11:18 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

*on the rest of our team.

• Realme
      11:19 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

YASSSSSSS! to both those clips.

11:19 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Cal recruits good kids who make funny faces. Keldon made some funny expressions last season, and Reid and PJ (stank-face!).

10. kybred1
    11:00 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Ryan’s forgiveness problems come from his Indiana blood he still claims. That’s why he will never be a true Blue Blood UK Brother!

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:56 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Haha!

On a serious note, I hope Ryan reads this:
      “…but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
      (Matthew 6:15)

11. Realme
    11:21 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

This is a new side of Wintucky Lee that Matt has pried into.

12. ClutchCargo
    11:44 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

It seems like every new UofLOL football coach talks about what terrible shape the program is in. Maybe not coming right out and saying those exact words, but implying it.

13. J-Dub421
    11:44 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Again, Petrino is a terrible person, but a tiny part of me (buried deep) loves him just a little because he trashed U of L’s football team for at least 5 years.

• ClutchCargo
      11:48 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Kudos to Jurich for giving him not one, but two chances to really screw it up royally.

11:59 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

Petrino better have saved his money, because I don’t think anyone else will hire him.

14. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    11:52 am July 22, 2019 Permalink

I’m in late, but no, no, no, to Matt AND Ryan about the guy getting fired in Iowa. I don’t know Iowa law, but I know that for federal, that guy has NO case unless he can prove they violated a federal law. For example, he could claim that they fired him because of his age (over 40…ADEA) even though they claimed it was the emails (and they would be guilty of what they call pretext if he proved that).

In a right to work state (I don’t know if Iowa is or not) you can be fired for any reason at any time if it does not violate a state or federal law. You can be fired for insubordination in a state job just as much as a private sector job, and if there is an Iowa law that says different, Matt should have cited it. I don’t know where he gets the idea a state employee has more freedom of speech than a private sector employee. I give Ryan more of a pass because he’s not a lawyer or an HR guy.

How can Matt not know this?